Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,107 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? (2271 Views)

How Ladies See Their Body In The Society(pics). / Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? / 8 Things In A Guy That Have Prompt Many Ladies To Offer Their Body Cheap For Him (2) (3) (4)

Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by kay29000(m): 8:47am On Jan 17, 2016
Why do women always feel is all about the outside beauty? Embrace yourself...love yourself, and you would find a man that would love the original you just the way you are.

Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by LOVEGINO(m): 8:50am On Jan 17, 2016
e concern dem oo.
Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by midehi2(f): 8:55am On Jan 17, 2016
very funny

Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 17, 2016
Confused lot,

Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 17, 2016
midehi2:
very funny

funny right?
i kno d op got u well at one point grin
Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by midehi2(f): 9:06am On Jan 17, 2016
kaycii1:

funny right? i kno d op got u well at one point grin
really? i am proud of my body and who i am
Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by TheSonOfMark(m): 9:07am On Jan 17, 2016

Maybe it's because we (men) set stereotypes about accepted body types for women.
For a man, he could be fat with growling cheeks but as long as he's financially stable then society overlooks his body type though unhealthy. But women? She could be the smartest girl in class or a budding entrepreneur but we still think she's incomplete without our 'acceptable ' body type for women - big _boobs, butts and a flat stomach.

We body-shame women a lot. I'm sometimes guilty of it but I'm honest enough to admit it. Subconsciously a lot of women live to meet our 'standard ' and getting compliments from us makes their day.

Truth be opined, a lot of them need to hit the gym. Our constant criticism has made them start caring about their bodies.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by cruzita(f): 9:09am On Jan 17, 2016
I am proud of my body becos I have worked hard to achieve this shape. if they hate their body they should work hard and achieve their desired shape

Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by donholy28(m): 9:09am On Jan 17, 2016
that's why they use extreme methods to modify their body
Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 17, 2016
It's not that they hate their bodies, it's just that they are insecure about it.

Now, as much as I would advice women to be proud of their bodies I won't blame them if they choose to bleach their skin, or go under the knife. The people who are to blame are we the guys and the media. Let me explain.

Ask yourself this question. Who do women want to look good for? Who are they trying to attract with their looks? Isn't it we the guys? And whatever way they choose to appear is their perceived idea of what we want and what we crave for.

Years ago, women were okay with their bodies, there wasn't any pressure to change what they looked like, but when this modern media era set in everything changed, and today it's a whole different story.

Looking at the world today, what do we see? We see a world where a particular type of skin color and body type is termed sexy, while the other is relegated as ugly.

We see brands see brands who celebrate a specific kind of woman. On music videos and movies, women who are slim, or who have big boobs are the ones that get all the attention. These features have now become synonymous with beauty and sexiness. So this false mentality is bombarded into the heads of our young ladies everyday and they have started to believe that if they don't look a certain way, they aren't beautiful.

It doesn't end there . We guys still share the blame. We are also fond of exalting a certain type of skin color and body shape and making the opposite seem inferior, both on social media and in real life. We are always critical about how women look, and we are always ever ready to point out these supposed flaws.

Ladies are humans and as humans they are impressionable species. If we constantly feed them the impression that they need to look a certain way to be beautiful, then we shouldn't blame them when the decide to do all they can to look that way.

Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 17, 2016
midehi2:

really? i am proud of my body and who i am

REALLY? OK dats gud to kno
lemme see dat body and b proud of u too.. just d backside is ok cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 17, 2016
But you guys love judging firstly by the outside appearance.
.. My body is fresh and I love and Respect it.
Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by midehi2(f): 9:13am On Jan 17, 2016
kaycii1:

REALLY? OK dats gud to kno lemme see dat body and b proud of u too.. just d backside is ok cheesy
funny you...but because you said backside, i wont show you tongue

Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by kizolo(m): 9:14am On Jan 17, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

Maybe it's because we (men) set stereotypes about accepted body types for women.
For a man, he could be fat with growling cheeks but as long as he's financially stable then society overlooks his body type though unhealthy. But women? She could be the smartest girl in class or a budding entrepreneur but we still think she's incomplete without our 'acceptable ' body type for women - big _boobs, butts and a flat stomach.

We body-shame women a lot. I'm sometimes guilty of it but I'm honest enough to admit it. Subconsciously a lot of women live to meet our 'standard ' and getting compliments from us makes their day.

Truth be opined, a lot of them need to hit the gym. Our constant criticism has made them start caring about their bodies.
You said my mind bruh
Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by kay29000(m): 9:18am On Jan 17, 2016
TheSonOfMark:

Hmm! This is true sha.
Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by kay29000(m): 9:21am On Jan 17, 2016
midehi2:

Exactly! The guy just spoilt it with his perv thinking mind.
Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 17, 2016
midehi2:

then dont lie to me...u are not proud ur body
especially ur backside grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 17, 2016
Beauty standards are heavly laid on women.
By various media platforms,society,strangers,those they know,themselves,they get it from all over.
They then strive to be this ideal woman.
Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by tommychow(m): 5:38pm On Jan 17, 2016
Now, guys here are gonna play the "love your body" card and start forming good friend. The next time a curvy babe and her shapeless friend pass, these guys here won't even realize the shapeless one exists. Same thing with females, do you think they'll notice you if your friend is tall, dark, handsome, rich and you're short, fat and broke looking? They'll go after your friend like bees. You soft niggas here will be analysing and empathizing as if women won't give you yawa if you don't fit their own standards. Chatting sh1t there as if it doesn't go both ways.

SOFT, CONFUSED, CONFUSING, NAIVE NIGGAS!!!
Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 17, 2016
grin til i reach hour glass shape

I will never stop loving my body grin
Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by temmypotter(m): 7:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
I tire from hearing girls say such. Its annoying.. Imagine a brother trying to make a girl feel good about her body and she starts whyning about how terrible her body is. Okay here's the truth!.. Your body is hateful. If I were you, I'd take a plunge in the atlantic and die already.
Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by Swissheart(f): 8:07pm On Jan 17, 2016
The first step is loving yourself...... I love Me
Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 18, 2016
I love my body now after years of not being content. I always wanted to be bigger here and smaller there. Now I'm grateful for health and that motivates me to want to keep fit.
Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 18, 2016
Na we cause am grin
Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by Michizzy(f): 2:48am On Jan 18, 2016
I love my shape. No one is perfect, we should just look beyond our imperfections.
Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by Godmother(f): 6:16am On Jan 18, 2016
Kay, its because the society has set a pre-defined notion of what the ideal or perfect body is. You have to be a certain height, have big boobs and a flat arse to quailify. When we woman don't have all of these, we tend to be a little self-conscious. As we grow up though, we become more accepting and confident of our body types, knowing there's no perfect person out there.

And there's a man out there who would completely go gaga for your body type. That will also boost your self esteem, knowing you are beautiful. But anyways, we woman should start the process and not wait for outside sources to do it for us.
Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 18, 2016
Well if a man would not look at you twice and you think its because he is shallow, why bother changing yourself? Have you ever thought of the reason you go through hell just to please him: Its because you are shallow-minded too.
Re: Why Do Most Women Hate Their Body? by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 18, 2016
I love my body, I love everything about me. smiley

I don't live for anyone's complement so I can't fake anything on me.

If you can't like me for my boobs, stature, face and all

then ........... Fvck off undecided

like seriously, who cares

Like I believe complements self undecided

Male Attributes That Attract Naija Chicks The Most.. Number 1 Will Amaze / The Problems Of Nigerian Ladies Explained. - Why We Love Foreign Girls / I'm Married, But...