Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper (27075 Views)

2019: South-West APC May Replace Buhari With Tinubu – Dele Momodu / I Can’t Be Bello’s Deputy, Says Faleke / James Faleke Remains Yahaya Bello's Deputy - INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by cosby02(m): 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2016
woodcook:

The Igbo won't go to Ekiti and pick someone living in Ekiti as if the Igbos that were elected in Lagos or picked in Kogi are not leaving there. Stay in your village in Ekiti and expect the Igbo to come and drag you down to the east and crown you oba-of Ekiti in Igbo land.

As long as other tribes continue wallowing in their land the Igbo who have come to live among them over the years and that have proven themselves worthy will be picked and elected. And as long as you keep hiding in Lagos nothing for you down there, if you really want it go down to the east and fight your way up like the Igbos are doing everywhere. They worked for it and they deserve it!

A times I wonder the kind of logic you people throw around, actually each time I see those senseless argument what comes to mind is eugenic.
Did anyone write invitation letters requesting your presence in Kano or Ekiti You have to learn how to accommodate others just the way they accomodate you. How can i come to Abia state with the intention of settling down when we both know you have a culture of not selling piece of land to strangers, how can i come to marry a girl in Igbo land just like am going to buy hummer jeep. My brother no one wants to suffer in the face of better options. Thats more reasons why you will never hear us cry for anything. We are silent achievers. Every one of you wana come to Lagos, go to PH and Kano. Have you asked yourself why people are not interested in migrating to your side thesame rate at which you migrate

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by fx45(m): 12:15pm On Jan 20, 2016
cosby02:
Thats the point we are making. You are allergic to anyother language which is not Igbo. Your just displayed it here.
No head would turn if someone speaks Hausa in a bus. Do you know why? Hausa people are all over the place even in the most interior parts of Igboland. Yoruba people are hardly seen around. The only ones people see are mostly youth corpers. It's just a natural reaction if heads turn when you speak Yoruba in a bus.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by cosby02(m): 12:19pm On Jan 20, 2016
igwe123:

Then stop requesting to be appointed in SE and shvt up. Oyibo didn't leave Niger delta at the peak of Miltancy, Igbos have not left Kano despite all religious clashes, faint heart ppl and excuses sha
Im convinced there are no other tribes living among you people, if am wrong why haven't we heard their names all these while Encourage others to come by treating those there already right. Thanks
Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by cosby02(m): 12:24pm On Jan 20, 2016
fx45:
No head would turn if someone speaks Hausa in a bus. Do you know why? Hausa people are all over the place even in the most interior parts of Igboland. Yoruba people are hardly seen around. The only ones people see are mostly youth corpers. It's just a natural reaction if heads turn when you speak Yoruba in a bus.
That falls back to my point. I'm waiting for that time you will give those numerous Hausa people around you chance in your political scene.

1 Like

Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by urbanmonk: 12:30pm On Jan 20, 2016
Faleke/Audu jnr will kick Bello out via court process. Even APC knows this fact

2 Likes

Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by fx45(m): 1:54pm On Jan 20, 2016
cosby02:
That falls back to my point. I'm waiting for that time you will give those numerous Hausa people around you chance in your political scene.
You're not going to give chance for someone who hasn't shown interest in your political scene. The Igbos that won seats in Lagos indicated interest, campaigned and spent their money on the elections. They showed interest in being part of the politics in their immediate community. That is being bold. Are you going to blame me for your inability to compete in places outside your comfort zone?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by cosby02(m): 2:04pm On Jan 20, 2016
fx45:
You're not going to give chance for someone who hasn't shown interest in your political scene. The Igbos that won seats in Lagos indicated interest, campaigned and spent their money on the elections. They showed interest in being part of the politics in their immediate community. That is being bold. Are you going to blame me for your inability to compete in places outside your comfort zone?
They (igbos) didnt just start by campaigning and contesting elections, they were encouraged by giving them political appointments from local level up to state level, they gave them the sense of belonging. Thats what i expect you to emulate too. Did those given appointments recently by Kaduna state governor contest for it
Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 20, 2016
cosby02:

Did anyone write invitation letters requesting your presence in Kano or Ekiti You have to learn how to accommodate others just the way they accomodate you. How can i come to Abia state with the intention of settling down when we both know you have a culture of not selling piece of land to strangers, how can i come to marry a girl in Igbo land just like am going to buy hummer jeep. My brother no one wants to suffer in the face of better options. Thats more reasons why you will never hear us cry for anything. We are silent achievers. Every one of you wana come to Lagos, go to PH and Kano. Have you asked yourself why people are not interested in migrating to your side thesame rate at which you migrate

Really? Stop being childish.

Like everything in life, no one gives you anything so we don't need your invite just like we are not going to invite you just to prove to you that we are warm people.

Small sentiment: We just show up work our assess off, and before you know what hits you, we have a house right in front of yours. We keep waiting knowing that when you die your lazy son would want to sell off your property and use the money for owambe. We just give him the money which he can't resit ( in this case we are doing him a favor) he throws his party we owns the house/land.

Serious business: Have you ever gone to purchase a land in any states in the East and it was not sold to you? Like I said do yourself a favor, travel and stop believing hear say.

Have you heard of ama-hausa in Enugu? Or Owerri Road? Go to Owerri Road you will be surprised how many Hausa(s) have lived there all their lives and how many of them own houses there. Have you been to Akwuke? It is a village towards PH Express Way in Enugu, I know a lot of non-Igbos that own lands and houses there? Maybe those places I mentioned are not in the East.

As per the bridal cost, do you think that the cost of marrying someone from the East is fixed across all local government areas/villages in the East? Of course you didn't think that through before typing that. Have you ever for once asked yourself before now when the wealth in circulation was not as huge as it now how do the Igbos go about getting married? Do they ask a poor yam farmer to give up all the yams in his barn and when it is not enough to mortgage his farm land? Do you ever asked yourself how did this so called exorbitant cost of marrying came about?

Time for little sentiment:
Guy it is called competition, survival of the fitness! Only the strong survives and like every other advanced species only the strong are allowed to pass on their gene grin grin If you are a loafer our society will not allow you to continue spreading that loafer gene. grin grin grin

I have met several Yoruba men, who proved themselves and got wives from across the Niger and I can tell you that is the best thing that has ever happened to them. grin grin

Back to business; since you were given birth to have you seen or read anywhere that there was riot in the East and the rioters demanded that people that are not from the East should leave? Apart from reprisal attacks (which is usually as a result of attacks up North) have you read anywhere that people in East just woke up one morning for whatever reasons and started killing other Nigerians living among them.

I am sure your answer to that will be no. My friend if you are up for the competition roll your sleeve and work hard so you can talk among men.

As per Lagos being so friendly and all that, there is no state in Nigeria where omo-nile holds sway than in Lagos, and you call that a friendly environment?

Aboro , go back and do your home work properly!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by cosby02(m): 3:50pm On Jan 20, 2016
woodcook:

Like everything in life, no one gives you anything so we don't need your invite just like we are not going to invite you just to prove to you that we are warm people.

Small sentiment: We just show up work our assess off, and before you know what hits you, we have a house right in front of yours. We get waiting knowing that when you die your lazy son would want to sell off your property and use the money for owambe. We just give him the money which he can't resit ( in this case we are doing him a favor) he throws his party we owns the house/land.

Serious business: Have you ever gone to purchase land in any states in the East and it was not sold to you? Like I said do yourself a favor, travel and stop believing hear say.

Have you heard of ama-hausa in Enugu? Or Owerri Road? Go to Owerri Road you will be surprised how many Hausa(s) have lived there all their lives and how many of them owns houses there. Have you been to Akwuke? It is a village towards PH Express Way in Enugu, I know a lot of non-Igbos that owns land and houses there? Maybe those places I mentioned are not in the East.

As per the wife bridal cost, do you think that the cost of marrying someone from the East is a fixed across all local government areas/villages in the East? Of course you didn't think that through before typing that. Have you ever for once asked yourself before now when the wealth in circulation was not as huge as it now how do the Igbos go about getting married? Do they ask a poor yam farm to give up all the yams in his barn and when it is not enough to mortgage his farm land? Do you ever asked yourself how did this so called exorbitant cost of marrying came about?

Guy it is called competition, survival of the fitness! All the strong survives and like every other advanced species only the strong are allowed to pass on their gene grin grin If you are a loafer our society will not allow you to continue spreading that loafer gene. grin grin grin

I have met several Yoruba men, who proved themselves and got wives from across the Niger and I can tell you that is the best thing that has ever happened to them. grin grin

Back to business; since you were given birth to have you seen or read anywhere that there was riot in the East and the rioters demanded that people that are not from the East should leave? Apart from reprisal attacks (which is usually as a result of attacks up North) have you read anywhere that people in East just woke up one morning for whatever reasons and started killing other Nigerians living among them.

I am sure your answer to that will be no. My friend if you are up for the competition roll your sleeve and work hard so you can talk among men.

As per Lagos being so friendly and all that, there is no state in Nigeria where omo-nile holds sway than in Lagos, and you call that a friendly environment?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by fx45(m): 5:44pm On Jan 20, 2016
cosby02:
They (igbos) didnt just start by campaigning and contesting elections, they were encouraged by giving them political appointments from local level up to state level, they gave them the sense of belonging. Thats what i expect you to emulate too. Did those given appointments recently by Kaduna state governor contest for it
If you're not actively involved in politics, nobody is going to give you any political appointment anywhere. In places where Igbos are given appointments, you'll notice they have massive population in those places. Trust me, they're not just there to be seen, they want to be heard as well. The bottomline is that you need to get more actively involved in your community in order to get any political positions.

Finally, to correct an erroneous impression so you don't go about spreading falsehood and propaganda... The ruling party in Lagos state didn't deem it fit to give one single Igbo man ticket to contest for any position under their platform. The Igbos that won seats went with the opposition. Giving people like Joe Igbokwe crumbs from the king's table doesn't in any way, indicate inclusiveness. I see it as a hogwash and a feeble attempt to showcase political patronage.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by viviangist6: 7:12pm On Jan 22, 2016
Cc; lalasticlala , seun , mynd4 , Obinoscopy , The deal is done , he is now the deputy Governor to be , FP shocked shocked
Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by UrbanMystique: 7:45pm On Jan 22, 2016
igwe123:

Cos they lack competitive skill
we saw how you burn the business and place of worship of those that went there in the first place .. Who in is right mind would go to such place again.
Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by Davijunson: 8:04pm On Jan 22, 2016
ShowYourCertificate:
APC is a total joke. Why choose an Igbo man? The people of Kogi State have realised that APC is toying with their state. The APC wants to start a tribal war in Kogi State. The people of Kogi are wise.

Meanwhile, Faleke is just laughing at them in his corner

He is not an Igbo man... he's from Iyano in Ibaji local Govt. Area of Kogi State. I know him personally because that's where I am from. get your facts right.
Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by Junior66(m): 8:10pm On Jan 22, 2016
viviangist2:
Failure of the All Progressive Congress in kogi state to compel Hon James Faleke to accept the deputy governor’s slot to the governor-elect, Yahaya Bello and the speed at which the handing over ceremony is drawing near, the APC in kogi state have picked Simon Achuba from Aguleri, in Anambra state as Yahaya’s deputy.

http://www.viviangist.com/kogi-state-picks-igbo-man-from-anambra-state-as-deputy-governor

The Lucky Man ..... Choi !!! shocked shocked shocked
Simon Achuba is from Ibaji local govt and not Aguleri. Take it from an Igala man like me.

1 Like

Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by Junior66(m): 8:11pm On Jan 22, 2016
cosby02:
I'm waiting for when Igbos will follow this trend in their states. Am probably waiting for the second coming of our lord Jesus Christ. grin
He is ibaji lga in kogi not anambra

1 Like

Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by Junior66(m): 8:12pm On Jan 22, 2016
cosby02:
I'm waiting for when Igbos will follow this trend in their states. Am probably waiting for the second coming of our lord Jesus Christ. grin
He is from ibaji lga in kogi not anambra
Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by hamzeiy: 8:17pm On Jan 22, 2016
cheruv:
Good
Kogi should also cede ibaji LG to Anambra kos that's where it rightfully belongs to angry
hahaha..lol..go and claim it.it seems your people haven.t learnt from what we did to them the last time?...you think the kogites are like hausa.s that you make noise with abi..?
your people should come nd claim it by force as they did the last time b4 we kept them in their place
Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by cheruv: 8:26pm On Jan 22, 2016
hamzeiy:

hahaha..lol..go and claim it.it seems your people haven.t learnt from what we did to them the last time?...you think the kogites are like hausa.s that you make noise with abi..?
your people should come nd claim it by force as they did the last time b4 we kept them in their place
Am in onyedega presently grin
Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by buchilino(m): 8:28pm On Jan 22, 2016
cosby02:

So that you can kill me in the name of Biafra protest? My SW is blessed with all i need to make a living.

HONESTLY UR PROBLEM IS BIGGER THAN U
Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by buchilino(m): 8:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
UrbanMystique:
we saw how you burn the business and place of worship of those that went there in the first place .. Who in is right mind would go to such place again.

REALLY HAVE U BEEN 2 KWARA LATELY?. DON'T EVEN GO TO DAT DIRECTION
Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by cosby02(m): 8:40pm On Jan 22, 2016
buchilino:

HONESTLY UR PROBLEM IS BIGGER THAN U
AND YOU ARE SO LITTLE TO YOUR PREDICAMENT
Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by buchilino(m): 8:47pm On Jan 22, 2016
cosby02:

AND YOU ARE SO LITTLE TO YOUR PREDICAMENT

HAVE MY POINT
Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 22, 2016
woodcook:

Small sentiment: We just show up work our assess off, and before you know what hits you, we have a house right in front of yours. We keep waiting knowing that when you die your lazy son would want to sell off your property and use the money for owambe. We just give him the money which he can't resit ( in this case we are doing him a favor) he throws his party we owns the house/land.

Serious business: Have you ever gone to purchase a land in any states in the East and it was not sold to you? Like I said do yourself a favor, travel and stop believing hear say.

Have you heard of ama-hausa in Enugu? Or Owerri Road? Go to Owerri Road you will be surprised how many Hausa(s) have lived there all their lives and how many of them own houses there. Have you been to Akwuke? It is a village towards PH Express Way in Enugu, I know a lot of non-Igbos that own lands and houses there? Maybe those places I mentioned are not in the East.

As per the bridal cost, do you think that the cost of marrying someone from the East is fixed across all local government areas/villages in the East? Of course you didn't think that through before typing that. Have you ever for once asked yourself before now when the wealth in circulation was not as huge as it now how do the Igbos go about getting married? Do they ask a poor yam farmer to give up all the yams in his barn and when it is not enough to mortgage his farm land? Do you ever asked yourself how did this so called exorbitant cost of marrying came about?

Guy it is called competition, survival of the fitness! Only the strong survives and like every other advanced species only the strong are allowed to pass on their gene grin grin If you are a loafer our society will not allow you to continue spreading that loafer gene. grin grin grin

God bless you, unfortunately the South West fools on this thread will never accept this blunt truth that you have spoken

2 Likes

Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by cosby02(m): 8:55pm On Jan 22, 2016
buchilino:

HAVE MY POINT
F..... OFF
Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by bigfrancis21: 8:55pm On Jan 22, 2016
ONYEKA300:
The true is that some of us in ibaji migrate from Agueri, am from odeke in ibaji till date odeke is know as Odeke Agulu, we migrate from Enugu Aguleri while people from Uchuchu in ibaji migrated from Isiokwe in Aguleri so we are Kogi and Anambra but right now their are some agitation from some quars that we should move back to Anambra but that will be when a new state will be created which Aguleri will be aptial only then we w join igbos back.

Nice information. Thanks.

What is the language situation in Odeke? What is the percentage of Igalaa and Igbo speakers in Odeke Agulu and Uchuchu?

Also, how about the entire Ibaji area in total?

1 Like

Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by bigfrancis21: 8:57pm On Jan 22, 2016
cheruv:

I've been to onyedega and back... When'd you be around so that I'd come and shout into your ears

What is the language situation in Onyedega? What is the percentage of Igala vs Igbo speakers? Are the people bilingual in both languages or just some of them?

1 Like

Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by buchilino(m): 8:57pm On Jan 22, 2016
cosby02:

F..... OFF

WELL U NO WAT THEY SAY FOOLISHNESS IS A BITCH
Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by eleko1: 9:01pm On Jan 22, 2016
embarassed embarassed grin cheesy grin. cheesy grin grin .#FearEAST#
cosby02:

So that you can kill me in the name of Biafra protest? My SW is blessed with all i need to make a living.
Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by hamzeiy: 9:07pm On Jan 22, 2016
cheruv:

Am in onyedega presently grin
that has never been an issue.youre free to be any were you are as a nigerian..and you know very well we are nyc to pple.but when you try to claim whats not yours or try to prove superior over other people..then as i said ask the anambra pple what we did to them when they disrespected themselves
Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by eleko1: 9:07pm On Jan 22, 2016
Lif him,he's still aggrieved/mourning ova 2015 election.Make Faleke go siddon.
Davijunson:

He is not an Igbo man... he's from Iyano in Ibaji local Govt. Area of Kogi State. I know him personally because that's where I am from. get your facts right.
Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by cheruv: 9:20pm On Jan 22, 2016
bigfrancis21:

What is the language situation in Onyedega? What is the percentage of Igala vs Igbo speakers? Are the people bilingual in both languages or just some of them?
Their lingo is Igboid in outlook...tending towards Nsuka dialect. And they call themselves Olu which has the same meaning as waterside/riverine people.
The other igalas see them as Igbos.
As for the Igbo/igala population proportionality, I didn't check up that aspect

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi: APC May Pick Simon Achuka As Bello’s Deputy — Leadership Newspaper by Marcelini(m): 9:43pm On Jan 22, 2016
cheruv:

Their lingo is Igboid in outlook...tending towards Nsuka dialect. And they call themselves Olu which has the same meaning as waterside/riverine people.
The other igalas see them as Igbos.
As for the Igbo/igala population proportionality, I didn't check up that aspect

Ibaji people speak Igala, and they consider themselves Igala, though the other Igala people see them as "diluted" Igalas.

I'm a member of IbajI Facebook group and I know the people's sentiments and had interacted with lots of them.

Maybe there are boundary towns in Ibaji that speak an Igboid language, I'm not sure about that, but without any iota of doubt, I can tell you that the mainstream Ibaji is Igala in language and in life outlook.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ajimobi Meets APC Governorship Aspirants (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu Gives 10M Each To Wives Of Police Men Killed During EndSARS Riots / Atiku: Nigerians Should Vote For APC-PDP, Suffers Gaffe In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.