Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,823 members, 7,813,704 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos (20864 Views)

Osinbajo, Fashola And Kemi Adeosun In A Meeting / Ibom Deep Sea Port: Udom Emmanuel To Sign Deal With China (Pics) / Lai Mohammed And Kemi Adeosun On Channels TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by Duru1(m): 7:42pm On Jan 19, 2016
Keneking:
Even Stella and Maduekwe no reach here grin grin grin

Is there any good stuff other than radical Islam these jokers are bring to the zoo called Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 19, 2016
Gbawe:

Thank you. Is it Buhari's fault Nigeria remains a mono-economy pathetically dependent on crude oil sales after PDP has led for 16 years? Is it the fault of the APC that the SME sector is moribund? These guys just open their mouth to talk irritatingly in senseless ways that show they are not objective at all and do not mean well for Nigeria.

The average Nigerian can criticise the last government, Nigerians did not elect APC to spend the next 4 years blaming the last government.

APc were supposed to make "progress"

Where is Buhari's plan or roadmap to economic progress?

If we want to always blame the past then even PDP can blame the military years for our woes and we all know the role of Buhari in ushering in the military years and rolling back democracy and its impact on our collective success as a Nation. We also know his failed economic policies of 1984!

So if we want to talk about the past then let's talk about all of our past! Otherwise let's face the future! We can't pick and choose which past to talk about!

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by WIZGUY69(m): 8:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
Keep Representing Aunty Kemi! grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by Adminisher: 8:23pm On Jan 19, 2016
DropShot:

And that's Buhari's fault?

It's his fault that our economy is oil dependent?

It's his fault that oil price has crashed?

It's his fault that Jonah couldn't build upon our foreign reserves?

It's Buhari's fault that Jonah failed to save despite unprecedented earnings?

Wailers lack capacity for critical reasoning.

They don't. They are suffering from tribalism induced self hatred.
They know the truth and hate themselves for lacking the capacity to face it because it is an Hausa Fulani man that is doing what Jonathan should have done to change Nigeria .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by Gbawe: 8:46pm On Jan 19, 2016
krendo:

The average Nigerian can criticise the last government, Nigerians did not elect APC to spend the next 4 years blaming the last government.

APc were supposed to make "progress"

Where is Buhari's plan or roadmap to economic progress?

Nobody is telling you that the APC will only busy itself criticising the last government. Buhari and his Ministers have been informing us of their "roadmap" , short and long term, to success and I can only assume you missed it. The point is that many who never voted for Buhari and the APC, and actually wanted the PDP and GEJ to continue, are merely levelling insincere criticism. There is nothing wrong with objective criticism but when you start asking for the head of a finance Minister 3 months into a job, over very serious problems that may take years to alleviate, then it is obvious those kind of critics do not want the best for Nigeria or for the President and his team to succeed. They will criticise Adeosun over the budget yet she is not in charge of it and the critics are clearly ignorant and mischievous. All in all, it will be tough going and Nigerians need to get behind Buhari and his team. Constructive criticism is always good and welcomed.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ed7107d8-8c57-11e5-a549-b89a1dfede9b.html#axzz3xhCI0386

November 16, 2015 3:25 pm
Nigeria’s finance minister makes non-oil revenues top priority
Maggie Fick in Lagos

Nigeria’s new finance minister said raising non-oil revenues was her top priority, as the slump in oil prices continues to take its toll on Africa’s biggest crude exporter.
Kemi Adeosun, a 48-year-old British-born accountant, was sworn in last week by President Muhammadu Buhari nearly six months after the former military ruler took office — a delay that led some critics to complain of a policy vacuum in Africa’s larger economy.

She told the Financial Times that stricter enforcement of earnings collection from federal agencies and more diligent bookkeeping were the types of “micro” issues her ministry would focus on to mitigate the effects of crude prices that remain below $50 a barrel.
Her message chimes with what Mr Buhari told his new cabinet colleagues at a retreat before they were sworn in: pare down the costs of running government ministries through simple cost-saving measures such as cutting travel and the number of vehicles in convoys.
“Forget about oil — we don’t control the price of oil. That’s not where our problems lie,” Ms Adeosun said.
For years, Ms Adeosun explained, a mindset of “we have oil” meant Abuja had practically given up collecting the right amounts from other state bodies, as she rattled off a list of federal agencies she says had habitually under-reported their revenues. “Because of oil, we’ve ignored everything else,” she said.
She added that she had already begun “drilling down into the details” with ministry staff to assess how much “parastatals” — state-run or affiliated agencies — remit to the government.
She also praised the lack of pomp and circumstance at the ministerial swearing in ceremony, a sharp contrast to state ceremonies of past governments. “The programme was a piece of paper, that’s it,” she said.
Ms Adeosun was most recently finance commissioner of Ogun state, where she focused on improving fiscal oversight at state institutions. Before that she worked for Chapel Hill Denham, a Nigerian investment bank. Until her mid-30s she lived in London, where she worked for PwC in the global risk management department.

Ms Adeosun is not the first finance chief to note that a near exclusive focus on oil, which accounts for almost four-fifths of government revenues, had been poisonous for Nigeria.
Her predecessor, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, made a similar case at times during her tenure. But under the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan, weak oversight of oil revenues deprived the state coffers of many billions of dollars a year.
“I don’t want to say we’ve been indisciplined,” Ms Adeosun said. “But I’d say, when you have the money, you can be extravagant, flying first class instead of business [class], business instead of economy” — an acknowledgment that Nigeria’s finances are now much more precarious.
Referring to criticism from parts of Nigeria’s business community that she has considerably less experience than Ms Okonjo-Iweala, a former World Bank managing director, Ms Adeosun said her accounting background meant she had the skills to get her country’s financial house in order.
“In Nigeria we always talk about the macro issues, we always start from way up high. But we don’t pay attention to the micro ones. That’s now my job,” she said.
Mr Buhari has changed the way responsibilities are divvied up among the economic team in his cabinet. He removed the budget file from the finance ministry and gave it to the planning ministry, where he has appointed Udo Udoma, a former senator, as minister of budget and national planning.
Mr Udoma, who left his job as chairman of one of Nigeria’s largest manufacturing companies to take up the position, is joined by Okey Enelemah, the new trade, investment and industry minister. Mr Enelemah is the founder of African Capital Alliance, a Lagos-based private equity firm.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:56pm On Jan 19, 2016
Gbawe:

You guys never fail to amuse me with your pathetic and unintelligent excuses that you think hides the glaring fact that you do not mean well for Nigeria and Buhari. Did the depreciation of Naira start under Buhari ? Stop coming here to embarrass yourself daily. you're not fooling anyone and it is crystal clear you and your ilk desperately want Buhari to fail. The article below is from 2014 when your lord and messiah , who you never criticised over the falling Naira, was President. Shame on you enemies of progress. Nigeria needs no external enemies with 'citizens' like you. Majority of the current woes Buhari is valiantly tackling began began under the PDP and the very corrupt and highly inept GEJ you worship. Not the comments of intelligent economist and analysts, who do this for a living, below while you and your kind continue to come here with your half-baked arguments motivated by nothing but your hatred of others. remind us again who failed to save when oil prices were high as highlighted in the article below if not your thieving messiah GEJ and his looting minions.Tell us as well who turned the power privatisation into a "come and chop" crony capitalism exercise that is only producing darkness. You guys are very shameless.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nigerias-tumbling-currency-a-victim-of-falling-oil-prices-1417535209

How can I want an already failed man to fail?

Did he nor promise to stabilise oil price?

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by vivianblog(f): 9:24pm On Jan 19, 2016
Cc; lalasticlala , Obinoscopy
Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by vivianblog3(f): 7:32am On Jan 20, 2016
Cc; lalasticlala
Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by callJesu: 11:33am On Jan 20, 2016
I believe Nigeria will get there
Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by kay29000(m): 11:33am On Jan 20, 2016
Nice. By the way, I didn't know our Minister of Finance was this pretty. Hmm!

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by MAYOWAAK: 11:34am On Jan 20, 2016
If this government is economically wise, Metu's handcuffs should be auctioned for sale. It is now a historical artifact, the most popular cuffs in our history. Sell it, utilize the money for national development.

Going, going, gone.
Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by wristbangle: 11:35am On Jan 20, 2016
vedaxcool:

$2.1B

gringrin

What a reply!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by ValerianSteel(m): 11:39am On Jan 20, 2016
I love Kemi's hair.She's so pretty grin
Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by HRich(m): 11:41am On Jan 20, 2016
viviangist2:
President Buhari with Kemi Adeosun, Okechukwu Enemalah and Crown Prince of UAE, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Al Nah Yan witnessing the signing of bilateral agreements by Ministers of Trade, Finance and Justice in Abu Dhabi on 19th Jan 2016 , Photos below.

Report From http://www.viviangist.com/buhari-with-kemi-adeosun-okechukwu-enemalah-sign-nigeria-uae-landmark-deal-photos

Cc; lalasticlala , mynd44
Are they also on Football Transfer market? What deal are they signing? For chelsea or for Arsenal?
Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by eleko1: 11:45am On Jan 20, 2016
go jump into croc lake if e dey pain u.God nor go vex.in fact the eba will surely circulate.Iranu
Duru1:
What the hell zoo called Nigeria will gain from UAE? Why are these fools in Nigeria like to run second fiddle to any fool who is a Muslim? UAE is a certified consumer country just like the cesspit called Nigeria. It really sucks to be Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 20, 2016
Iran and UAE cut off diplomatic ties.Nigeria signing a deal with UAE to extradite looters.Iran and world powers signing a nuclear deal..Iran getting ready to kick Nigeria off the oil market cus the nuclear deal now allows them to trade with world powers with producing thousands of barrel a day if not millions...This is getting messier with a hard year ahead for Nigeria
Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by omenka(m): 11:46am On Jan 20, 2016
vedaxcool:
Wailers association abeg food is not ready I repeat food is not ready avoid this thread with extreme prejudice. grin grin
I wish I could post a recording of how hard I laughed when I saw this post.

Thanks for the humour bro. cheesycheesycheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by greatseed: 11:47am On Jan 20, 2016
vedaxcool:

$2.1B
gud answer my bro....if u knw he dumb SME pple are ehn! u will comment ur reserve!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by eagleae7(m): 11:48am On Jan 20, 2016
My president is becoming fat o
Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by greatseed: 11:56am On Jan 20, 2016
Sunnybobo3:

How can I want an already failed man to fail?

Did he nor promise to stabilise oil price?
your statement shows u were born into a generation of failure!!! its a pity...sory, ur nxt life might be better off! dats if u'll have a 2nd chance....smh!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by nijabazaar: 11:56am On Jan 20, 2016
Just hope Kemi re-read those documents cos the The tall Man from Daura might not be that eh....whats the right word to use here.

And I hope its not a loan agreement (coated as MOU for returning loots) that will take us back to the Paris Club.

I AM NOT A FAN OF Goodluck Azikiwe Jonathan. He depleted our reserves. But there's nothing wrong with been a WAILER. Everybody deserves critique.
Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by Tokt: 11:57am On Jan 20, 2016
DropShot:

These fools u are replying seems can't get over Jonah-daft election loss yet. They lack sense.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by kings09(m): 11:58am On Jan 20, 2016
It's nt abt d wailers dis time around I must. Buhari n his team shld get down 2 wrk n give ppl d beta life they v promised. Time 4 pics r passed n all diz trade signing they keep doing won't hlp 4 nw. Thr shld be short-term dividends while we wait 4 d long-term 1s. And quit dis Jona blame thingy, it's getting boring. By d way, am a neutral n I wnt live a beta life. Also tel buhari 2 reverse dis #50naira stamp duty policy. Hw come policies concerning poor Nigerians r quickly suggested n implemented while public office holders r nt tinkin of reducing their bogus pay?
DropShot:
It's pictures like these that make wailers lose their common sense. grin grin grin grin

While PMB and his team are busy clearing the mess of Jonah and his goats that ate our yams, wailers and IPODs are busy wailing and protesting.

While patriotic citizens see light at the end of the tunnel, wailers and IPODs pray for complete collapse of the economy in the faint hope their silly support for continuation of lootocracy will be justified.

Read my lip: Buhari and his team will succeed beyond our expectations. Nigeria shall emerge from the current challenges brought about by past looters disguised as leaders.
Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by mapet: 12:00pm On Jan 20, 2016
KakiP:
For those asking why he travelled, this is your reponse... Aunty Kemi, I'm single.

Apart from the fact that Aunty Kemi is married, she's in her 50s Bro

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by goodlifehyd(m): 12:03pm On Jan 20, 2016
DropShot:

Oboi Na this your response dem dey call brutality, you just murdered the dude chaiii

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by LastProphet: 12:04pm On Jan 20, 2016
Sunnybobo3:

£1=N410.

If you went to school and not into selling inferior wares at Alaba you would have known that your PHD holder was a morrooon to assume that withdrawing from the foreign reserve and SPENDING IT LOCALLY would 'IMPROVE' the value of the naira!

Main problem of Ibos is poor education and natural shortsightedness

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by oluwasegun007(m): 12:10pm On Jan 20, 2016
i luv all diz arab money robes, d tin make sense, i'll make sure i get 1, as for baba pls pls and pls we need a new finance minister, dis woman b lik secretary, she no represent at all interms of economic policies......huuurrr angry
Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by KakiP(m): 12:10pm On Jan 20, 2016
if i hear!

mapet:

Apart from the fact that Aunty Kemi is married, she's in her 50s Bro
Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by yongnoble(m): 12:16pm On Jan 20, 2016
Instead of this senile old man to be signing bilateral trade deals that would benefit both countries, he's busy looking for "phantom" stolen loot all over the world.

We dey wait.
Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:17pm On Jan 20, 2016
LastProphet:

If you went to school and not into selling inferior wares at Alaba you would have known that your PHD holder was a morrooon to assume that withdrawing from the foreign reserve and SPENDING IT LOCALLY would 'IMPROVE' the value of the naira!

Main problem of Ibos is poor education and natural shortsightedness

This is what you get when contraceptives fail.
Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:17pm On Jan 20, 2016
greatseed:
your statement shows u were born into a generation of failure!!! its a pity...sory, ur nxt life might be better off! dats if u'll have a 2nd chance....smh!

This is what you get when contraceptives fail.
Re: Buhari And Kemi Adeosun Sign Deal In UAE - Photos by DropShot: 12:20pm On Jan 20, 2016
kings09:
It's nt abt d wailers dis time around I must. Buhari n his team shld get down 2 wrk n give ppl d beta life they v promised. Time 4 pics r passed n all diz trade signing they keep doing won't hlp 4 nw. Thr shld be short-term dividends while we wait 4 d long-term 1s. And quit dis Jona blame thingy, it's getting boring. By d way, am a neutral n I wnt live a beta life. Also tel buhari 2 reverse dis #50naira stamp duty policy. Hw come policies concerning poor Nigerians r quickly suggested n implemented while public office holders r nt tinkin of reducing their bogus pay?
There is no short cut to solving our economic woes. If you understand how things work, you will accept that it's easy to destroy than to build.

The pictures you see here are not frivolities. They are standard requirement anywhere in the world at occasions such as signing bilateral agreements.

The N50 stamp duty has been in existence since 2004 and not newly introduced. This regime is only trying to enforce it in a bid to improve its revenue.

Where do you expect the govt to shore up her revenue base if oil price has crashed to $27 if not within and some borrowing?

I hope you're not one of those who support looters and still castigating the govt for the N50 stamp duty!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ajimobi, Alao-Akala And Senator Teslim Folarin Reunite In London (Photos) / Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose / 100 Kwara Communities Without Electricity For Over 100 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.