Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

The Truth About Sex & Fasting #realitywithtid - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Truth About Sex & Fasting #realitywithtid (567 Views)

Struggling With Early Ejaculation? Please, Read This! #realitywithtid / Six Months Of #realitywithtid, The Journey So Far… / Attention Newlyweds And Intending Couples!!! #realitywithtid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About Sex & Fasting #realitywithtid by cellors: 4:56pm On Jan 20, 2016
There are so much that have been said about couples’ sexual conduct while fasting especially in this time of the year where we have prolonged days of fasting from different religious assemblies. Some declare 21 days, some 14 days, some even 40 or 50 days. According to 1 Corinthians 7:5, “Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control”. This literarily is believed to mean, anytime there is fasting, sex aka “congo” can’t happen! Kindly pardon my line of thought on this, because I have a slightly different opinion, not as an express instruction from God but as a believer like Paul that has the spirit of God too.

First of all, sex during fasting is as persuaded and agreed by every individual couple. But if we are to go with the bible, apostle Paul asked us to stay away from sex so that we will be able to focus on fasting and prayer but with this clause, “for a short while so that devil won't tempt us”. If you ask me sirs, 21 days, 30 days or 50 days could be too long a period to abstain from sex especially if you are less than ten years in marriage and depending on your sexuality history before marriage. I am pointing this out so that the infidelity that Paul tries to prevent doesn’t happen eventually. However, length of abstinence is a relative issue! Every couple need to figure out among themselves on how long abstinence should be between them.

There are some people, if they want to fast the following day for example, they can't have sex the night penultimate. If they do, they are likely to lose concentration in the fast especially if they did a good job in bed….I mean a good job because the next 24 hours thereafter, they have not recovered from the experience that keeps playing in their heads and that could be distracting. It may even interest you that there had been times some of these people have had to break their fasting before time because they wanted to have a repeat of the pleasure they had the previous night!!! But that was a level in some marriages and I want to believe we have more of such around us.

KINDLY CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO CONTINUE READING:
http://www.toyinidowu..com.ng/2016/01/the-truth-about-sex-fasting.html
Re: The Truth About Sex & Fasting #realitywithtid by SINNZ(m): 11:51pm On Jan 20, 2016
Blogbrity sorry I couldn't lipsrsealed, use sinzunation@yandex.com. wink

(1) (Reply)

I Just Got Married / 8 Evidences That Show A Lady Will Become A Stingy Wife / What A Nigerian Felt About Teebillz(tiwa Savage Husba)attempt To Commit Sucide .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.