Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole (27025 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Arrives Abuja High Court In Handcuffs Ahead Of His Bail Hearing.PICS / EFCC Arraigns Metuh In Handcuffs For Destruction Of Evidence / Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Handcuffs (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by Jchi9876: 12:04am On Jan 21, 2016
where is the vivianvist amebo?
make she come read this one
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by btkenward(m): 12:28am On Jan 21, 2016
If PDP supporters are not happy bcoz the present administration is prosecuting all persons who eat our money during PDP 16 yrs of ruling, and they are ignorant that 90 percent of people involved in that 16 yrs are PDP members should go and hug transformer. Its just irritate me when some groups will be threatening govt that we give buhari 72 hrs to release that person this person as if buhari is working with prison officers or is always with the lawyers or the judges by directing them on how they should do their job.
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by veraponpo(m): 12:31am On Jan 21, 2016
Rexphobia:

Is osho baba even aware that parading suspects is wrong? Is a person not innocent until proven guilty? So NPF should continue with this barbaric act? Why parade them in the first place? So when they are found not guilty do you parade them again to the public?

We need to start acting like civilised people, this is not 1854...

It is now that Olisa Metuh is paraded that you realize that parading suspects is wrong?

Lol. Some people are mere jokers.
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by kajoula(m): 12:38am On Jan 21, 2016
rottennaija:
I love this man... He makes common sense

Can a common thief like (osho-baba) make sense?
Virtually all naija politicians are criminals.
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by ngoziama: 1:19am On Jan 21, 2016
emamos:
Edo State Governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole on Wednesday said the handcuffing of Mr. Olisa Metuh, Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was no big deal.
Speaking during a meeting with the new Executive Council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, Edo State Council, led by Sir Roland Osakwe in Benin City, the governor wondered why the scenario has generated so much noise.
Oshiomhole said: “I saw some headlines querying why Metuh should be in handcuffs. If people who steal he-goats, dried grass cutters are in handcuffs, I have been to the Police Station several times and I see young men who rob not more than N500,000 naira in handcuffs, they are paraded and made to sit on the floor. Why should certain set of criminals be treated as if they are not suspected criminals and serious crimes at that?
“When you all reported lavishly how under the former President, the former Defence Chief set up a Military Tribunal to try soldiers who ran away from battle field and they were condemned to death, it was only Femi Falana who was consistent in fighting their case.
“Those are Nigerians who were to be killed for running away because they couldn’t confront a Boko Haram that was well armed while they were asked to go and fight with their bare hands and we were told that weapons, ammunition and everything had been provided.
“When Borno Governor said, ‘look, our Armed Forces are fighting with bare hands’, he was told to shut up. Now it is clear from current revelations that the money that would have been used to arm these young men who joined the army with pride and who on a good day have the courage to fight not only at home but abroad, but because they didn’t have arms, they ran away. They were sentenced to death.
“Thanks to Buhari, some have been commuted now to various terms of imprisonment which I applaud and I think even that one should further be reviewed, they should submit their uniform but remain free people.
“Now, those who shared that money, this is not the usual security money, this is special appropriation to fight Boko Haram, $2.1 billion, people just shared it, everybody was using their son, co-opting young children into this while other people’s children were sentenced to death.
“And anybody who partakes in that and they put him in handcuffs, they say, why should he be in handcuffs because he is an elite and the media will report it without also showing us pictures of some Nigerians whose fathers are not known, but are not less Nigerian than any of us, who are always not only in handcuffs but are put on the floor in various police stations and paraded even before they are charged to court and we all look at them and turn to the next pictures, it doesn’t attract a commentary.
“Why should some criminals just be celebrated even when we all can feel the amount of damage, the consequences of their rascality on our collective wellbeing? I think the media should support the President. This is not President Buhari’s fight, and you know he had reminded us that if we don’t kill corruption, it will kill us. Now corruption is fighting back.
“I read one article and I was shocked with the ease at which he attempted to turn logic upside down. He said that Chief Anthony Anenih has shown how he shared the money he got from the National Security Adviser that was paid to his bank account unlike other people, he didn’t deny it. Can you deny what they pay to your bank account? If he carried it the way they usually carried money in bullion van, he would have denied it but this time, the policeman in him failed him and the money was paid into his account so he was not at liberty to deny what was documented in a banking transaction.
http://dailypost.ng/2016/01/20/metuh-in-handcuffs-is-normal-lesser-criminals-get-worse-treatment-oshiomhole/
lalasticlala
R

Must this man make statement concerning every issue abi needle and thread dey scarce for edo state.if you were busy in your state honestly you wont be as loud as you are now.busy body
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 1:27am On Jan 21, 2016
They should have paraded the bagger in boxer shorts with bank statements beside him. Common criminal. This is no longer lucky igbinedion style plea bargaining with slaps on the wrist.
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by tete7000(m): 2:39am On Jan 21, 2016
allthingsgood:
Of cos Oshiomole is right.
People who steal foodstuffs get worse treatment

Because our society is barbaric. For how long have people spoke out against parading people yet to be convicted by court? Do you justify a barbaric act because it is done to your enemy? Hear the Oshiomole tacitly condemn an act and then recommend it because it was Metuh. Those who live in glass house don't throw stone. Oshiomole supported in his interview that security money can be spent because he is guilty of that. Unfortunately all na stealing of our collective commonwealth, he will likewise be treated as a common criminal one day. Awon ole. Thieves
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by chillbabe(f): 2:47am On Jan 21, 2016
BABANGBALI:
I am neither surprised nor worried by " their" hatred for Buhari... rats and a cat can never live in the same place. Too many things divide and draw heavy distinctions between PMB and his haters: He loves Nigeria , they hate it. He thinks of Nigerians, they think of themselves and family. He is honest, they are dishonest. He has character, they lack it. He pursues the Hear after , they struggle to have the world in their armpits. He is patriotic, they are greedy and selfish. He serves, they derail and enslave. He is devoid of moral stains, they are immorality personified. His past is clean and shinny, their past hunts them. They are thieves, he catches thieves. They have stolen, he wants to get back the loots. They are insects and pests, he is a powerful and effective insecticide. Fear fears him, they are afraid. They are running, Buhari is in hot pursuit. They call for division, he works on unity. They say Boko Haram, he calls Nigeria. They want Biafra, he chooses Nigeria. They shout Niger Delta, he advocates Nigeria. They shared money for arms, he is retrieving the money and buying the arms. They sponsored insurgency, he is defeating insurgency. They are like gel, he is the fire melting them. They make the noise , Buhari does the work. They are destroyers, he is a constructor. They are wailing and weeping and crying, the man is smiling, shaking, organising and hugging poor folks. How can they love him? The more they hate him, the more we love him. The more they fear, the more we feel secured. I can not choose a rusted iron and leave gold. Buhari has chosen Nigeria and I have chosen him.

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by ODUBEZE: 3:19am On Jan 21, 2016
anonimi:
Lesser criminals like Dasuki get BETTER treatment you mean
Who will stop the mouth diarrhea of this Osi-Omo-Ole?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3312267_dasuki5_jpeg64d08b7c161c959d1c787e86a2f5e84e
While I am not in support of any criminal,
My brother that is part of the partiality I don't support with this govt. that claims they are fighting corruption!
Is the law different?
Why should Metuh be in handcuffs and Dasuki not?
Even if you were to compare their crimes, you will discover that Dasuki needs it more!
History is taking note of all these!
Nigerians are watching!
It is well!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by yjgm(m): 3:35am On Jan 21, 2016
Rexphobia:

Is osho baba even aware that parading suspects is wrong? Is a person not innocent until proven guilty? So NPF should continue with this barbaric act? Why parade them in the first place? So when they are found not guilty do you parade them again to the public?

And that starting point should be from Messrs Metuh, right?
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by yjgm(m): 3:37am On Jan 21, 2016
ODUBEZE:

While I am not in support of any criminal,
My brother that is part of the partiality I don't support with this govt. that claims they are fighting corruption!
Is the law different?
Why should Metuh be in handcuffs and Dasuki not?
Even if you were to compare their crimes, you will discover that Dasuki needs it more!
History is taking note of all these!
Nigerians are watching!
It is well!
Kindly spot the difference as to why Messrs Metuh was handcuffed. And if you can't, please notify me and I will aid your understanding.
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by ODUBEZE: 3:46am On Jan 21, 2016
yjgm:

Kindly spot the difference as to why Messrs Metuh was handcuffed. And if you can't, please notify me and I will aid your understanding.
what is your point?
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by repogirl(f): 4:23am On Jan 21, 2016
Why is Dasuki never in handcuffs? Isn't he allegedly the master mind of the whole thing? undecided

This froggy look alike of a man should either shut up or discuss real issues. angry
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by Billygee2u: 4:34am On Jan 21, 2016
Echelle:
Oga remain u ooo... Dem go handcuff u & ur up nepa wife soon... Nonsense, as if him no dey thief!
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 4:43am On Jan 21, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Well Said my lovely governor!!!

Only the IPOB Youths who defend corrupt people will say otherwise..

Common sense is not common,you talk out of context & you sound like a sadist.
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by DeRay98(m): 5:29am On Jan 21, 2016
Toeyoursea:
This man has suddenly become a talkative. A shadow of his old self.

See your ignorance, how did he come to been known? How did he fight Obasanjo to standstill as a labour leader if he his vocal power and sound common logic that many politicians and hateful Nigerians lack capacity to understand?
Go read newspapers of 1999-2007. He will see your ignorance
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by Pidggin(f): 5:45am On Jan 21, 2016
SmartMugu:

Have you ever thought there may have been weapons available but the soldiers were intentionally under-armed to keep Boko Haram going? Several politicians including service leaders were benefitting from the insurgency. Why would they want it to end?
Even the US confirmed that Nigerian leaders were not willing to end the insurgency.

What the APC is saying is that weapons were not purchased, maybe you need to read more on this. They insist that money mearnt for the purchase of arms was not used for the purpose and that weapons were not bought. See how they contradict themselves?
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by atoleybaba(m): 6:11am On Jan 21, 2016
anonimi:
TRIBAL bigots and bloody HYPOCRITES do not want to recognise the DISCRIMINATORY treatment that has always been the hallmark of Buhari's rule since 1983.
Why
Are brains so empty like zombies really? shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2033689_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188
u be ab.oki I swear. So what has DX pictorial illustration got to do with DX topic? Abi metuh is from d east or what are u trying to say am confuse??
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by atoleybaba(m): 6:13am On Jan 21, 2016
Pidggin:
If the soldiers were asked to fight B.H with their bare hands, where did Buhari manufacture the weapons he asked the same soldiers to fight with? We can all recall that he even assured us that the war will be over by Dec. 2015, so where did the weapons the soldiers use in fighting come from? Mufu
why is ur I.q low like DX? Who said dy stole d weapons no mtcheww
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by toprealman: 6:41am On Jan 21, 2016
Adams should be careful of his utterances because what goes around must certainly come around.
It is not as if he has been outstanding ever since he joined politics. His major achievement till date is importing a beautiful young wife in addition to his stellar performance during his early days as NLC president.
As a governor, apart from his dictorial form of leadership, what legacy us he leaving behind?
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by toprealman: 6:41am On Jan 21, 2016
Adams should be careful of his utterances because what goes around must certainly come around.
It is not as if he has been outstanding ever since he joined politics. His major achievement till date is importing a beautiful young wife in addition to his stellar performance during his early days as NLC president.
As a governor, apart from his dictorial form of leadership, what legacy is he leaving behind?
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by yousouphe(m): 6:56am On Jan 21, 2016
emamos:
Edo State Governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole on Wednesday said the handcuffing of Mr. Olisa Metuh, Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was no big deal.
Speaking during a meeting with the new Executive Council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, Edo State Council, led by Sir Roland Osakwe in Benin City, the governor wondered why the scenario has generated so much noise.
Oshiomhole said: “I saw some headlines querying why Metuh should be in handcuffs. If people who steal he-goats, dried grass cutters are in handcuffs, I have been to the Police Station several times and I see young men who rob not more than N500,000 naira in handcuffs, they are paraded and made to sit on the floor. Why should certain set of criminals be treated as if they are not suspected criminals and serious crimes at that?
“When you all reported lavishly how under the former President, the former Defence Chief set up a Military Tribunal to try soldiers who ran away from battle field and they were condemned to death, it was only Femi Falana who was consistent in fighting their case.
“Those are Nigerians who were to be killed for running away because they couldn’t confront a Boko Haram that was well armed while they were asked to go and fight with their bare hands and we were told that weapons, ammunition and everything had been provided.
“When Borno Governor said, ‘look, our Armed Forces are fighting with bare hands’, he was told to shut up. Now it is clear from current revelations that the money that would have been used to arm these young men who joined the army with pride and who on a good day have the courage to fight not only at home but abroad, but because they didn’t have arms, they ran away. They were sentenced to death.
“Thanks to Buhari, some have been commuted now to various terms of imprisonment which I applaud and I think even that one should further be reviewed, they should submit their uniform but remain free people.
“Now, those who shared that money, this is not the usual security money, this is special appropriation to fight Boko Haram, $2.1 billion, people just shared it, everybody was using their son, co-opting young children into this while other people’s children were sentenced to death.
“And anybody who partakes in that and they put him in handcuffs, they say, why should he be in handcuffs because he is an elite and the media will report it without also showing us pictures of some Nigerians whose fathers are not known, but are not less Nigerian than any of us, who are always not only in handcuffs but are put on the floor in various police stations and paraded even before they are charged to court and we all look at them and turn to the next pictures, it doesn’t attract a commentary.
“Why should some criminals just be celebrated even when we all can feel the amount of damage, the consequences of their rascality on our collective wellbeing? I think the media should support the President. This is not President Buhari’s fight, and you know he had reminded us that if we don’t kill corruption, it will kill us. Now corruption is fighting back.
“I read one article and I was shocked with the ease at which he attempted to turn logic upside down. He said that Chief Anthony Anenih has shown how he shared the money he got from the National Security Adviser that was paid to his bank account unlike other people, he didn’t deny it. Can you deny what they pay to your bank account? If he carried it the way they usually carried money in bullion van, he would have denied it but this time, the policeman in him failed him and the money was paid into his account so he was not at liberty to deny what was documented in a banking transaction.
http://dailypost.ng/2016/01/20/metuh-in-handcuffs-is-normal-lesser-criminals-get-worse-treatment-oshiomhole/
lalasticlala

Livi_okoh livinus where you dey. Food don done oooo
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by mikki123(m): 6:57am On Jan 21, 2016
Is he better than him
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by yousouphe(m): 7:14am On Jan 21, 2016
They bit the bait, so let them face the consequences. What's your stress. Should corruption continue in this country we are in trouble oh. All these haters on NL are you saying that Sambo Dasuki and his guys were right after embezzling funds meant to fight insurgency? Remember some NA soldiers were sentenced to death for this their action, how do these soldiers fight when they are not empowered. Dasuki and co cornered this funds and send people to fight with bare hands and you say they shouldn't be handcuffed. Sentiments apart lets be just........ had it been you a relative among these soldiers, you wouldn't have been saying this.
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by yousouphe(m): 7:17am On Jan 21, 2016
toprealman:
As a governor, apart from his dictorial form of leadership, what legacy is he leaving behind?
On to you broz
Was Oshiomhole wrong with the utterance ?
They bit the bait, so let them face the consequences. What's your stress. Should corruption continue in this country we are in trouble oh. All these haters on NL are you saying that Sambo Dasuki and his guys were right after embezzling funds meant to fight insurgency? Remember some NA soldiers were sentenced to death for this their action, how do these soldiers fight when they are not empowered. Dasuki and co cornered this funds and send people to fight with bare hands and you say they shouldn't be handcuffed. Sentiments apart lets be just........ had it been you a relative among these soldiers, you wouldn't have been saying this.
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by onosmat: 7:38am On Jan 21, 2016
Osho Baba is on point. We don't have separate rules for the elites and the poor in our Criminal Procedure Act.
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by murphyibiam15(m): 7:39am On Jan 21, 2016
Rexphobia:

there is this popular igbo adage : 'ife ojo gba afo oburuzie omenala'...which means if bad things repeat itself severally it now becomes a norm
to him handcuffing innocent people is even right in his eyes before court order
this is not about metuh but the rule of law
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by Rexphobia(m): 7:51am On Jan 21, 2016
yjgm:

And that starting point should be from Messrs Metuh, right?

Did you see Metuh in my post? I don't care if they chain him to a Danfo and drag him from the prison to the court premise. I only believe that Osho was speaking out of line based on the excerpt I quoted.

A suspect is guilty in Naija first until proven innocent. I guess we both agree on that.
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by Rexphobia(m): 7:51am On Jan 21, 2016
veraponpo:

It is now that Olisa Metuh is paraded that you realize that parading suspects is wrong?

Lol. Some people are mere jokers.

Did you see Metuh in my post? I don't care if they chain him to a Danfo and drag him from the prison to the court premise. I only believe that Osho was speaking out of line based on the excerpt I quoted.

A suspect is guilty in Naija first until proven innocent. I guess we both agree on that.
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by martineverest(m): 7:53am On Jan 21, 2016
AdeniyiA:
I am just happy that our laws are no longer like cobwebs that catch small flies but can not withstand big 'animals' undecided
great analogy
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by proxillin(m): 7:55am On Jan 21, 2016
anonimi:
Lesser criminals like Dasuki get BETTER treatment you mean
Who will stop the mouth diarrhea of this Osi-Omo-Ole?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3312267_dasuki5_jpeg64d08b7c161c959d1c787e86a2f5e84e

[size=17pt]I thought you guys were siding Danzuki before? I thought you said Danzuki is bin witch hunted?

You guys are the problem of this country. You dont care if this country progress or not, you just want to show your hate.

Danzuki was your hero before... All of you were shouting "There is nothing Buhari can do to danzuki"

Tribal hate has made you guys become animals. No sense of logical reasoning again.

All the suspected confessed of collecting the money, yet you Igbo/PDP are still raising dust for nothing. We thought Danzuki was your man ..so you are turning your back on him now. Awon werey[/size]
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by Rexphobia(m): 8:08am On Jan 21, 2016
samento:
So robbers who are caught in the act should not be paraded. Even after exchanging fire with the police are presumed not guilty until otherwise proven. You're not good enough.

It's sad that some of us still do not understand how the law works and the 3 tiers of government. Let me quickly refresh your memory.

Legislatures: make laws
Judiciary: interprets the law
Executive: enforce the law

A person can only be convicted after he has had his day in court. So the police or you the populace can not convict the person before that they. It is the duty of the court to do that and the execute will only enforce the court's order.

To answer your question, yes he is innocent until a court of law says otherwise, if the police can declare him guilty what the purpose of the court of law.

Btw, are you aware are mobile courts for traffic offenders. What's do that mean... Even after committing a traffic offence, it is the duty of the court to hear your case and then pass judgment.

Ask yourself, does this barbaric act happen in *civilised countries?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10th NASS Leadership: Ranking Lawmakers, APC NWC To Meet Tinubu / Simon Ekpa’s Sit-at-home Directive Flops In Southeast / FG Begins Aso Villa Renovation Ahead Of Tinubu’s Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.