Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole (27003 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Arrives Abuja High Court In Handcuffs Ahead Of His Bail Hearing.PICS / EFCC Arraigns Metuh In Handcuffs For Destruction Of Evidence / Olisa Metuh Arrives Court In Handcuffs (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by emamos: 8:20pm On Jan 20, 2016
Edo State Governor, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole on Wednesday said the handcuffing of Mr. Olisa Metuh, Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was no big deal.
Speaking during a meeting with the new Executive Council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, Edo State Council, led by Sir Roland Osakwe in Benin City, the governor wondered why the scenario has generated so much noise.
Oshiomhole said: “I saw some headlines querying why Metuh should be in handcuffs. If people who steal he-goats, dried grass cutters are in handcuffs, I have been to the Police Station several times and I see young men who rob not more than N500,000 naira in handcuffs, they are paraded and made to sit on the floor. Why should certain set of criminals be treated as if they are not suspected criminals and serious crimes at that?
“When you all reported lavishly how under the former President, the former Defence Chief set up a Military Tribunal to try soldiers who ran away from battle field and they were condemned to death, it was only Femi Falana who was consistent in fighting their case.
“Those are Nigerians who were to be killed for running away because they couldn’t confront a Boko Haram that was well armed while they were asked to go and fight with their bare hands and we were told that weapons, ammunition and everything had been provided.
“When Borno Governor said, ‘look, our Armed Forces are fighting with bare hands’, he was told to shut up. Now it is clear from current revelations that the money that would have been used to arm these young men who joined the army with pride and who on a good day have the courage to fight not only at home but abroad, but because they didn’t have arms, they ran away. They were sentenced to death.
“Thanks to Buhari, some have been commuted now to various terms of imprisonment which I applaud and I think even that one should further be reviewed, they should submit their uniform but remain free people.
“Now, those who shared that money, this is not the usual security money, this is special appropriation to fight Boko Haram, $2.1 billion, people just shared it, everybody was using their son, co-opting young children into this while other people’s children were sentenced to death.
“And anybody who partakes in that and they put him in handcuffs, they say, why should he be in handcuffs because he is an elite and the media will report it without also showing us pictures of some Nigerians whose fathers are not known, but are not less Nigerian than any of us, who are always not only in handcuffs but are put on the floor in various police stations and paraded even before they are charged to court and we all look at them and turn to the next pictures, it doesn’t attract a commentary.
“Why should some criminals just be celebrated even when we all can feel the amount of damage, the consequences of their rascality on our collective wellbeing? I think the media should support the President. This is not President Buhari’s fight, and you know he had reminded us that if we don’t kill corruption, it will kill us. Now corruption is fighting back.
“I read one article and I was shocked with the ease at which he attempted to turn logic upside down. He said that Chief Anthony Anenih has shown how he shared the money he got from the National Security Adviser that was paid to his bank account unlike other people, he didn’t deny it. Can you deny what they pay to your bank account? If he carried it the way they usually carried money in bullion van, he would have denied it but this time, the policeman in him failed him and the money was paid into his account so he was not at liberty to deny what was documented in a banking transaction.
http://dailypost.ng/2016/01/20/metuh-in-handcuffs-is-normal-lesser-criminals-get-worse-treatment-oshiomhole/
lalasticlala

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by emamos: 8:21pm On Jan 20, 2016
It is well
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by rottennaija(m): 8:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
I love this man... He makes common sense

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:58pm On Jan 20, 2016
Well Said my lovely governor!!!

Only the IPOB Youths who defend corrupt people will say otherwise..

125 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by OlujobaSamuel: 9:05pm On Jan 20, 2016
you dis osho, your mouth no go kill you. you be real osho confirm.
The policeman in him failed him. meaning the old goat for even deny if no be sey the evidence dey too strong.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by yahrant140(m): 9:45pm On Jan 20, 2016
When you don't cooperate with the law of the land, then you will see the second side of the law! During general abacha regime, MKO abiola was brought to law court with handcuffs and heaven Doesn't fall...

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by RealSleek(m): 9:45pm On Jan 20, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

I jst love you for no reason.....ever reasonable!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by johnwizey: 10:04pm On Jan 20, 2016
I wonder what would have happened if Metuh was given Tafa Balogun 's treatment

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by Sissyshakara(f): 10:04pm On Jan 20, 2016
Yes, i concur...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by Echelle(m): 10:04pm On Jan 20, 2016
Oga remain u ooo... Dem go handcuff u & ur up nepa wife soon... Nonsense, as if him no dey thief!

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by TeamSimple(m): 10:05pm On Jan 20, 2016
Sai Osho Baba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by CACAWA(m): 10:05pm On Jan 20, 2016
ok
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by anonimi: 10:05pm On Jan 20, 2016
Lesser criminals like Dasuki get BETTER treatment you mean
Who will stop the mouth diarrhea of this Osi-Omo-Ole?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3312267_dasuki5_jpeg64d08b7c161c959d1c787e86a2f5e84e

63 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by McMurphy(m): 10:05pm On Jan 20, 2016
yah!!! u dey fell am
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by GentleYoung(m): 10:06pm On Jan 20, 2016
It's normal

1 Like

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by Rexphobia(m): 10:06pm On Jan 20, 2016
If people who steal he-goats, dried grass cutters are in handcuffs, I have been to the Police Station several times and I see young men who rob not more than N500,000 naira in handcuffs, they are paraded and made to sit on the floor. Why should certain set of criminals be treated as if they are not suspected criminals and serious crimes at that?

Is osho baba even aware that parading suspects is wrong? Is a person not innocent until proven guilty? So NPF should continue with this barbaric act? Why parade them in the first place? So when they are found not guilty do you parade them again to the public?

We need to start acting like civilised people, this is not 1854...

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by allthingsgood: 10:06pm On Jan 20, 2016
Of cos Oshiomole is right.
People who steal foodstuffs get worse treatment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by tunwumi: 10:06pm On Jan 20, 2016
Lol
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by gen2briz(m): 10:07pm On Jan 20, 2016
Make baba go readjust the budget for more handcuffs

1 Like

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by konny1(m): 10:07pm On Jan 20, 2016
Baba Oshi you are suffering from laraoshomiasis cry cry cry

Those who live in glass house don't throw stones.

Remember apc=pdp
grin grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by wisenewgem(m): 10:08pm On Jan 20, 2016
ok

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by Efe3: 10:08pm On Jan 20, 2016
oshi omo ole

1 Like

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by macino1(m): 10:08pm On Jan 20, 2016
This has been happening since Adam. Mobbing a person who stole Nokia 3310. The same set of people hailing a PolitRICKIAN who stole their future. But Osho's we dey see you too ooooo.

Meanwhile, Stop that shame of any erectile dysfunction. click: www.nairaland.com/2852801/top-secret-make-stick-love

1 Like

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by flawlessT(f): 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
Things just have to be done right for once

2 Likes

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by RedCapChief(m): 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
cheesy
Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by Blunttalker: 10:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
This boy talks too much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by Efe3: 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

what concerns IPOB in this matter now? your self destructive hate towards the Igbos will consume you o!

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by dridowu: 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2016
If PDP is not happy with Metuh in handcuffs then they should go and..............................

20 Likes

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by anonimi: 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2016
TRIBAL bigots and bloody HYPOCRITES do not want to recognise the DISCRIMINATORY treatment that has always been the hallmark of Buhari's rule since 1983.
Why
Are brains so empty like zombies really? shocked

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2033689_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole by Toeyoursea(m): 10:11pm On Jan 20, 2016
This man has suddenly become a talkative. A shadow of his old self.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shaibu: I'm Loyal To Obaseki But There Are Unresolved Issues In Edo PDP / Colonel Anthony Obi Is Dead (Photo) / Why Petrol Price Can’t Go To N40 Now — IPMAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.