Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

T's Garage (landrover And Cars) - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / T's Garage (landrover And Cars) (65831 Views)

Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / LandRover Unveils Its Most Expensive Model Ever,£177k RangeRover SVAutobiograhy / Countries And Cars They Produce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 8:27pm On Sep 22, 2016
New Stock just arrived... ......

Octane Booster, needed for your high performance cars.

1 Share

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 8:31pm On Sep 22, 2016

Prices are affordable..... Nationwide delivery!!!

Call us today 08099725628

1 Bottle: N1500
1 Carton: N15000

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by Yinkame123(m): 8:59pm On Sep 23, 2016
Hello just stumble on this thread today. Please I really need your assistance. I have a land rover range rover SE 4.0 2000 model usually refer to as P38. My transmission seems to be having problems. The movement is sluggish. If I come to a stop in a traffic it will be so sluggish to accelerate again and the temperature gauge will increase. Climbing a small inclined is problematic if I stop be climbing as it will not have enough power to climb no matter how hard I accelerate. Turning off the ignition and starting again resolve the climbing. Also after accelerating when the car is just stated for some minute it appears the gear selection jumps ad gearbox fault will display on the dashboard. What will you please advice in this regard. Thanks
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 11:30pm On Sep 23, 2016
Yinkame123:
Hello just stumble on this thread today. Please I really need your assistance. I have a land rover range rover SE 4.0 2000 model usually refer to as P38. My transmission seems to be having problems. The movement is sluggish. If I come to a stop in a traffic it will be so sluggish to accelerate again and the temperature gauge will increase. Climbing a small inclined is problematic if I stop be climbing as it will not have enough power to climb no matter how hard I accelerate. Turning off the ignition and starting again resolve the climbing. Also after accelerating when the car is just stated for some minute it appears the gear selection jumps ad gearbox fault will display on the dashboard. What will you please advice in this regard. Thanks

Good evening. Several things seems to be wrong with your car, the airflow meter seems to be performing poorly, you also most likely have never changed your transmission fluid, transmission fluid is also very low in the transmission.

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 8:59am On Sep 29, 2016

2011 Range Rover Sport HSE with fluctuating fuel level......

Changing th front fuel float will resolve the issue!

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 12:41am On Oct 10, 2016

Lets keep them running............

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 7:33pm On Oct 13, 2016

I am about starting an engine swap for an LR3 with snapped timing chain....

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 11:31pm On Oct 13, 2016

Engine had salt deposited into it............

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by omograndma(m): 7:54pm On Oct 14, 2016
i have a bought brand new LR3 for sale bought and maintained by cosharis.

https://www.nairaland.com/3403274/2008-land-rover-3-bought#50200554
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 10:32pm On Oct 19, 2016
omograndma:

i have a bought brand new LR3 for sale bought and maintained by cosharis.

https://www.nairaland.com/3403274/2008-land-rover-3-bought#50200554

SOLD.......
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 10:40pm On Oct 19, 2016
Salt deposits in bad engine to be replaced............

The salt was apparently deliberately added to the engine, the quantity was so much that it stopped the sump oil filter thereby causing the engine to choke on oil, the timing chain snapped due to being starved of oil........

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 10:55pm On Oct 19, 2016
Old engine and the New engine.......................

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by b2212(m): 11:38am On Oct 20, 2016
who did the owner offend.
an aggrieved driver/mechanic?

LeJeun3:

Engine had salt deposited into it............

1 Like 1 Share

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 8:46pm On Oct 20, 2016
b2212:
who did the owner offend.
an aggrieved driver/mechanic?

My guess is as good as yours.....
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 10:24pm On Oct 24, 2016

I saw a weird sight......

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by erico2k2(m): 6:10pm On Oct 26, 2016
LeJeun3:
Old engine and the New engine.......................
what Engine is this?
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 9:30am On Oct 27, 2016
erico2k2:

what Engine is this?

2006 V6 LR3

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 5:18am On Oct 28, 2016
Engine Service done.........

1 Share

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 12:12am On Nov 08, 2016

Valve seals changed by me.........

Valves ground by me.........

to avoid stories that touch.

1 Share

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 5:46pm On Nov 13, 2016

Make use of Octane Boosters as much as possible!

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 5:50pm On Nov 13, 2016

Get a premium amplifier installed in your car today!!

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by Yeecar(m): 1:28pm On Nov 16, 2016
Yinkame123:

bros we use the same vehicle. smiley ... how is your fuel consumption like? Mine is on the high side, my mech said its normal due to the engine capacity of 4.0, but honestly, its draining my pocket. angry
cc Lejeun3

1 Like

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 10:50pm On Nov 16, 2016
Yeecar:

bros we use the same vehicle. smiley ... how is your fuel consumption like? Mine is on the high side, my mech said its normal due to the engine capacity of 4.0, but honestly, its draining my pocket. angry
cc Lejeun3

The fuel consumption isn't terrible if all is well.
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by Yeecar(m): 8:45am On Nov 17, 2016
LeJeun3:

The fuel consumption isn't terrible if all is well.

My last trip to Ilorin consumed 100 litres, (50litres to and 50litres fro). Bros, do you think this is normal? If it is not, please what could be the cause? and What do u sugest i do?
THANKS!
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 9:25am On Nov 17, 2016
Yeecar:

My last trip to Ilorin consumed 100 litres, (50litres to and 50litres fro). Bros, do you think this is normal? If it is not, please what could be the cause? and What do u sugest i do?
THANKS!

Divide the miles traveled by the amount of gallons it took to refill the tank. The result will be your car's average Miles Per Gallon yield for that driving period. You can repeat this procedure every time you refill your tank to continue to monitor and attempt to improve your fuel economy.

Lagos to Ilorin - 290Km (180 miles)
50litres - 13.2 gallons
Ave Fuel - 13.6mpg ( which isn't bad as the factory mpg is 12 city / 17 highway)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by thelegend1(m): 11:11am On Nov 17, 2016
LeJeun3:

Divide the miles traveled by the amount of gallons it took to refill the tank. The result will be your car's average Miles Per Gallon yield for that driving period. You can repeat this procedure every time you refill your tank to continue to monitor and attempt to improve your fuel economy.

Lagos to Ilorin - 290Km (180 miles)
50litres - 13.2 gallons
Ave Fuel - 13.6mpg ( which isn't bad as the factory mpg is 12 city / 17 highway)

probably one or two plugs aren't firing well
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 17, 2016
LeJeun3, the repair pics you posted above was it for the repair of the salted range rover engine or its for another vehicle entirely?
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 10:11pm On Nov 17, 2016
thelegend1:

probably one or two plugs aren't firing well

I don't understand.

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 10:13pm On Nov 17, 2016
dumo1:
LeJeun3, the repair pics you posted above was it for the repair of the salted range rover engine or its for another vehicle entirely?

Thats for another car entirely - engine overhaul.

The salted LR3 simply had the engine replaced, damage in my opinion was far gone.
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by phibetakappa: 9:16am On Nov 28, 2016
What transmission fluid should I use for 2007 Range Rover HSE?
Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by LeJeun3: 11:06am On Nov 28, 2016

It depends on the type of Transmission fitted. If your ’07 L322 is a V8 with the Jaguar engine then it is fitted with the ZF 6HP26 transmission. The only fluid approved for your transmission is ZF Lifeguard Fluid 6 (which is Shell M-1375.4 or it's equivalent.) [Ravenol, Rock Oil, etc]

phibetakappa:
What transmission fluid should I use for 2007 Range Rover HSE?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: T's Garage (landrover And Cars) by phibetakappa: 4:47pm On Nov 30, 2016
LeJeun3:

It depends on the type of Transmission fitted. If your ’07 L322 is a V8 with the Jaguar engine then it is fitted with the ZF 6HP26 transmission. The only fluid approved for your transmission is ZF Lifeguard Fluid 6 (which is Shell M-1375.4 or it's equivalent.) [Ravenol, Rock Oil, etc]

Thank You

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Do You Still Remember This Old School Volkswagen? / Innoson: I Received Order For $4.7m Cars From SierraLeon As NASS Rejects My Cars / See What Mechanic Did To A New Car ( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.