Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,784 members, 7,813,599 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? (797 Views)

Long Distance Relationships: Just Say No To The Torture. / Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work Out? / Romantic Love Text Message And Advice For Distance Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by aboveonly(m): 2:41pm On Jun 24, 2009
The answer is a resounding "YES!"
I've received thousands of letters from people throughout the world who conquered distance in their relationships and now live happily ever after!
Shortly after I graduated from school, I experienced a long distance relationship. After graduation, I discovered that there were no relationship help or relationship advice books written on long distance love & relationships, overcoming long distance, relationship problems in long distance relationships, long distance romance, marriages or dating ,
Even though millions of people like me
were going through the same thing!
Everyone told me my relationship couldn't work ,
but that's not true,
and I wanted to share that with other couples
There are things that you
can do to LOVE your long distance relationship!

Distance is not the end of the world in a relationship
Distance cannot, and will not hurt a bond between two people that is based on mutual respect, trust, commitment, and love.
Although you may feel like you are losing faith in your relationship at times, hold fast and trust your heart!

More on this article at http://marriageplusrelationships..com
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 22, 2011
yes. it can and it has. end of story.
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by Mygoldie(f): 11:50pm On Jan 22, 2011
Not always oooooooh. lets be real here. undecided
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by aminalib(f): 5:30am On Jan 23, 2011
it can work if you are to be realistic about your expectations, if not then u are doomed.
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by Dsense(m): 1:01pm On Jan 23, 2011
OP.
It works but not often!
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by ismaeel86(m): 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2011
It works but making it a reality demand a lot of perseverance, sacrifice and trust.
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by Coolabbie: 5:56pm On Jan 23, 2011
It works, but d stress involved is just 2 much.
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by MrCork17: 6:51pm On Jan 23, 2011
yes it works. well, am in London and my girlfriend is in Abuja, I think!! undecided
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by 190: 6:56pm On Jan 23, 2011
It works im in birmigham and my GF is in South Carolina

USA
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by aminalib(f): 7:05pm On Jan 23, 2011
ok guys but How does that really work, not even sounding funny, if u are in another country from ur loved one, how often can u get a visa to come and visit.,and money wise for flights, and when do u decide at the end of the day who is going to move, or does that even occur?
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by MrCork17: 7:09pm On Jan 23, 2011
aminalib:

ok guys but How does that really work, not even sounding funny, if u are in another country from your loved one, how often can u get a visa to come and visit.,and money wise for flights, and when do u decide at the end of the day who is going to move, or does that even occur?

Sweery, why dont we discuss this over dinner? Do u wear thongs? tongue
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by aminalib(f): 7:11pm On Jan 23, 2011
do u wear asssless chaps?
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by MrCork17: 7:41pm On Jan 23, 2011
aminalib , baby we havin a long distance relationship right now and its working! wink
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by annita19(f): 7:50pm On Jan 23, 2011
It works but you got to be honest and trust each other.
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by aminalib(f): 7:51pm On Jan 23, 2011
Mr, Cork:

aminalib , baby we havin a long distance relationship right now and its working! wink

it must be nice to be in one with yourself
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by Areaboy2(m): 8:59pm On Jan 23, 2011
Mr, Cork:

yes it works. well, am in London and my girlfriend is in Abuja, I think!! undecided

LoL, u think? hahahaha, she could be in lagos/ calabar or ph for all u know >_<
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by callme2: 9:03pm On Jan 23, 2011
It works with constand communication

That is if the guy has gooooooood money for airtime
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by MrCork17: 9:23pm On Jan 23, 2011
call-me:

call-me <<<< tryin to get Visa to London undecided
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by callme2: 9:53pm On Jan 23, 2011
Passing through Morroco by ship for two years just like you did?
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by callme2: 9:57pm On Jan 23, 2011
@Coolabbie

What stress?
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by Nobody: 4:26am On Jan 24, 2011
190:

It works im in birmigham and my GF is in South Carolina

USA

You sure? I thought you told me she was in NORTH Carolina and not the redneck hillbilly state, South Carolina? angry angry
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by ShyOne(f): 4:41am On Jan 24, 2011
Yes it works - I ADORE HIM!!!

He's in Lagos

He's the bees knees, the cat's meow and the dog's bow wow!! Gosh, I love that man.
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by 190: 9:54am On Jan 24, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

You sure? I thought you told me she was in NORTH Carolina and not the redneck hillbilly state, South Carolina? angry angry

North and south seem the same to me, shocked shocked
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by McCoy91(m): 10:44am On Jan 24, 2011
Lucky people. The only one I was in was in didn't work cos the gurl was too trusting so I felt guilty cheating on her. So I told her the yawa and we broke up.
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by Bluemoon1(f): 11:25am On Jan 24, 2011
i've not seen any that worked including my last relationship
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by callme2: 11:47am On Jan 24, 2011
@Blue moon
You have failed to apply apply the appropriate method. It works for me
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by callme2: 11:53am On Jan 24, 2011
Quote from: call-me on Yesterday at 09:03:34 PM

call-me <<<< tryin to get Visa to London
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by MrCork17: 12:03pm On Jan 24, 2011
call-me <<<<<< Long Distance Stalker angry
Re: Can Long Distance Relationships Really Work? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 24, 2011
Mr, Cork:

call-me <<<<<< Long Distance Stalker angry

[color=#0055bb]Mr.Cork <<<<<<<<<<<< International STALK-HER truss mi![/COLOR] angry

(1) (Reply)

Perfect Location For Romantic Vacation? / Insincere Men. / Why does relationship suck?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.