Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,364 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? (22698 Views)

"How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage / Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by Elxandre(m): 10:07pm On Jan 23, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

So you use style say my oga is daft? angry
Respect yasef o
You no tell me say your Oga sef follow talk na grin
Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by obiaguna(m): 11:40pm On Jan 23, 2016
Except the definition of "orijin" sorry "origin" has changed, then no, a woman must and should not change her state of origin. Who comes up with these laws abeg.... Sigh..

2 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by prissyluv(f): 12:16am On Jan 24, 2016
Some of these things are confusing ooo. I dont see this topic as daft at all. We dont really know it all.
Another that confuse me is this. If a married woman hasn't change her name legally and applying for a job or filling an important form where there are provisions of title,surname and names.is she to fill in 'mrs' as title while filling the rest with her former names?

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by UjSizzle(f): 1:04am On Jan 24, 2016
Seun:
Here's a more serious question: what's a woman's birthday and gender after marriage? A wife should adopt her husband's birthday and gender.
Ahh this is good. This is really good grin grin
Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by blogbrity: 9:54am On Jan 24, 2016
Why will a woman Change her state of origin because of marriage?
I won't even change my father name.

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by blogbrity: 9:55am On Jan 24, 2016
Seun:
Here's a more serious question: what's a woman's birthday and gender after marriage? A wife should adopt her husband's birthday and gender.
Funny cheesy
Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by Touchey: 10:00am On Jan 24, 2016
[s]
HungerBAD:
The Husband's.

When you get married,every thing changes to your husbands.

But,some people use their State of Origin for things that might be beneficial to them i.e Jobs and Contracts.

Especially if those things are Zoned to her Original State of Origin.

I don't know how they do it now,but when we did JAMB to get into the University.

Those from the North were given admissions with low Marks,so a woman who is a Northerner but married elsewhere,can use her State for the Admission purpose.
[/s]

Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by MsGlobalwonder(f): 10:00am On Jan 24, 2016
Seun:
cheesy wink cheesy lmaoooo... Thank you Seun! Lmaoo *sigh. As in.. kilode! And when the woman divorces the husband, she will change back her state of origin? Na wa oo
Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by HaneefahRN(f): 10:01am On Jan 24, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
[i]This argument has been on between my colleagues and I, some of us insist a woman maintains her maiden state of origin (officially) after marriage, others say she changes to her marital state of origin .

To the Mrs in the house, which state of origin do you put on official forms (e.g) bank documents, travelling, sim registration...etc.?
Lolz. This is a non issue. The woman marrying the husband doesn't change her state of origin nau. Na the man's family born am?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by delishpot: 10:04am On Jan 24, 2016
Seun:

No be small thing. The woman's accademic qualification changes to her husbands own. After all he owns her now and she must become him.
Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by Albeler(m): 10:04am On Jan 24, 2016
Cutehector:
boss please tell dem grin

very funny op. I was like, wat kind of topic is this.
if the topic is not relevant to you. It's to others.

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by missKiffy(f): 10:04am On Jan 24, 2016
Which kind mumu question be this nah, just like Seun said, why not ask her to change her gender and birthday to her husband's own too

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by repogirl(f): 10:05am On Jan 24, 2016
I maintained mine.

I really don't see how because I am married, I now automatically originate from my husbands state. Abi did my father disown me when I married my husband?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by justmenoni: 10:06am On Jan 24, 2016
Op I think one's state of origin doesn't change just as place of birth never changes...so to those ppl who keep or will keep divorcing men does it mean they'd keep changing state ot origin.

Op let me ask u a question if u are asked to draw a tattoo compulsorily on ur chest and u have two options to select from which is: write your name or write your husband's name..which of these option will u opt for?
Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 24, 2016
HungerBAD:
[s]The Husband's.

When you get married,every thing changes to your husbands.

But,some people use their State of Origin for things that might be beneficial to them i.e Jobs and Contracts.

Especially if those things are Zoned to her Original State of Origin.

I don't know how they do it now,but when we did JAMB to get into the University.

Those from the North were given admissions with low Marks,so a woman who is a Northerner but married elsewhere,can use her State for the Admission purpose.[/s]
Rubbish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 24, 2016
Illeterates everywhere angry ..
After seun don ans question finish ... They still typing nonsense
Only the last name changes undecided u learn that in primary school nothing controversial , no big whoo haa ...
Even google can ans that in seconds smiley

3 Likes

Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by faruz: 10:09am On Jan 24, 2016
Mariecakes:
State of ORIGIN
ORGIN KO YAHOO NI..
Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by Bolade005: 10:16am On Jan 24, 2016
I don't understand why Nigerians let stuff like this bothers them. In the Nigerian settings of today, your state of origin and even local government of Origin sometimes depend on the purpose to which you intend using it for.

For example, job purposes. If a woman is from Ondo and she's married to an Ogun man and there is a recruitment going on in Ogun, she could claim Ogun state and if the recruitment is going on in Ondo, she could also go back to apply. Infact it's an advantage.

Just like local government of Origin, I have two different certificates I use. For state or Federal recruitment, I use the local government with lesser number of graduates just to increase my chances.
Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 24, 2016
awwww. come on. this is no brainer at all. your state of origin is fixed for life and that is where you originated from, just like who your parents are is fixed for life.

your citizenship may change to your husband's though.
Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by tpiar: 10:29am On Jan 24, 2016
Bolade005:
I don't understand why Nigerians let stuff like this bothers them. In the Nigerian settings of today, your state of origin and even local government of Origin sometimes depend on the purpose to which you intend using it for.

For example, job purposes. If a woman is from Ondo and she's married to an Ogun man and there is a recruitment going on in Ogun, she could claim Ogun state and if the recruitment is going on in Ondo, she could also go back to apply. Infact it's an advantage.

Just like local government of Origin, I have two different certificates I use. For state or Federal recruitment, I use the local government with lesser number of graduates just to increase my chances.

why did I know somebody will always mention Ondo here?
Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 24, 2016
prissyluv:
Some of these things are confusing ooo. I dont see this topic as daft at all. We dont really know it all.
Another that confuse me is this. If a married woman hasn't change her name legally and applying for a job or filling an important form where there are provisions of title,surname and names.is she to fill in 'mrs' as title while filling the rest with her former names?

lol. how can you fill in "Mrs" with your maiden name when you didn't marry your dad. instead opt for a compound name if you are emotionally attached to your maiden name. i.e, your maiden name followed by a hyphen and then your husband's name.

too much wahala if you ask me.
Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by adsonstone: 10:44am On Jan 24, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

How can everything change to your husband's? Is it constitutional or traditional/cultural?
If a Nigerian lady marries a polish man, does she automatically lose her Nigerian status? I don't think so.
She only becomes a citizen of such place by marriage...

Same with when a woman gets married; she only becomes a native of her husband's state...by marriage.
Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by stevedre: 10:45am On Jan 24, 2016
Guy cool down. I guess u dont mingle with allot of naija traditional Husbands. Some see their wife as a property so she changes even her state of origin and even needs a very good reason to visit her people. I have a neighbour with 2 cars n the wife still uses bus or okada not cuz she cant drive but cuz husband is a pain in the ass. Many men in naija still have old mentality of marriage n may even change their wifes face to theirs if possible. grin

Cutehector:
Mrs intellectuality.. your topic is daft! And I will say it again and again and again.

Don't u understand what origin means? Your root? Your father's state. Jeez. I see no reason why very obvious things like these shoud cause a debate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by Roseey0(f): 10:46am On Jan 24, 2016
Thanks for the topic. I was arguing over this with a guy. Some people believe one must adopt husband state of origin too. Infact, my gf had to go get letter of identification from her hussy lg and we argued over it too.
Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by 1Dray(m): 10:46am On Jan 24, 2016
sickstars:

I wish to marry a man like ur husband u are really really lucky cry

U av no idea wat most women go tru now

I pray i find a man like ur hubby who will love me deeply nd sincerely

Thought you once wrote on one of yours threads on how you're married and a lez too and needed help. Is it that you're already divorced or you were/are kidding us?

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by xp17(m): 10:52am On Jan 24, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

Uncle if the question is funny to you, stick to Romance section. This is a "controversial" topic amongst some married people.
controversial ko, CTRL V ni. undecided
Even sai bahari will not allow that kinda change grin grin

On a serious note, State of origin should your place of birth and that can't change even if you are married to that state.
In my opinion, i think state of origin stuff should be abolished and replaced with state if residency. If you pay taxes to a particular state, you should be able to claim that state as your own.

Royal rumble loading...
Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by donchisel: 10:54am On Jan 24, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
[i]This argument has been on between my colleagues and I, some of us insist a woman maintains her maiden state of origin (officially) after marriage, others say she changes to her marital state of origin .

To the Mrs in the house, which state of origin do you put on official forms (e.g) bank documents, travelling, sim registration...etc.?

What is the true meaning 'state of Origin'
Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by 4C2215131: 10:55am On Jan 24, 2016
Godmother:

As far as I know the only things that change after marriage are your last name and your place of abode. Your state of origin remains what it was before you got married.

So true. It says state of origin meaning where are your parents from (at least dad). It is a question that has to deal with "You" personally and no one else. Not attributed claims. Even if one officially changes one state of origin for whatever reason (s) it still doesn't negate the fact that your new state of origin is not your 'biological' state of origin for lack of a better term.
Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by tpiar: 10:55am On Jan 24, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

very pointed question, in this day and age where husband is seen as a scarce commodity and "everybody wants to marry a widower".

plus hackers and stalkers on your case 24/7.

Not to mention last days when minimum of 7 women see it as a thing of pride to try to grab hold of one man.
Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by 4C2215131: 11:00am On Jan 24, 2016
Cutehector:
very daft question I swear. Lol even seun himself commented. cheesy

@ daft...not so cool don't you think? If the OP knew it all, he/she won't be seeking for opinion of others right?

Nobody enjoys a monopoly over knowledge.
Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by dotune(m): 11:02am On Jan 24, 2016
Cutehector:
very daft question I swear. Lol even seun himself commented. cheesy

Pls how's it a daft question? When u get to that stage, you will need to address it. Some of us are dealing with it now. It was something I had to also clarify some weeks ago.

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Change Her State Of Origin After Marriage? by doveda: 11:02am On Jan 24, 2016
Some women ehn

In fact change your body,your soul and your family to that of your husband's.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Day-Old Baby Found Dead At Refuse Dump In Port Harcourt (Disturbing Photos) / Should I Leave My Cheating Wife, Or Have An Affair Of My Own / After Being Single For Soo Long, Im Now Scared Of Getting Married. Please Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.