Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,941 members, 7,835,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) (32956 Views)

Benue May Share Similar Culture, But We’re Not Igbos At All – Jerry Agada / John Owan Enoh's Hotel To Be Demolished As He Defects To APC (Photos) / Florence Ita-Giwa Decamps To APC (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 23, 2016
David Mark today, David Mark forever
David Mark for president 2019
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by amolex(m): 4:02pm On Jan 23, 2016
I dey come make I go watch match
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by gretblue: 4:03pm On Jan 23, 2016
End of the Road.

Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:03pm On Jan 23, 2016
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 23, 2016
I still ask this question; why was Jim Nwobodo and Uche Ekwunife vilified for decamping to APC while those from other zones are celebrated and welcomed with open arms.
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 23, 2016
Idoma youths converge on Otukpo ——–As APC leader in Benue South Young Alhaji endorse David Mark
David-mark

Hundreds of thousands of youths in Benue South have converged on Otukpo, the traditional capital of Idoma nation to canvass support for the rerun election of former President of the Senate Senator David Mark.

The youths under the aegis of Idoma Dream and Idoma young Professionals had met in Abuja to endorse Senator Mark before moving home to campaign and sensitize the people on the need to return the former Senate President.

Led by its National Coordinators; Maxwell Ogiri and Barr. Oche Odang Joseph the youths listed various achievements of Senator Mark in the development of Benue South to include but not limited to roads and health projects, construction of the multi-Billion naira Oweto /Loko bridge, the facilitation of a Federal University in the zone , annual scholarship to students as well as the construction of the Multi-Billion naira Otobi water Dam to boost water and electricity among others.

They reasoned that Senator Mark has performed well and would do more if given more opportunity, arguing that Daniel Onjeh is a joker who cannot be an option for Benue South.

According to them ” Idoma cannot be enslaved. Why would Senator George Akume a Tiv man determine who represents Idoma people. Tivs are our brothers. This is not a battle between the Tivs and Idoma, but in this rerun election, let Idoma decide.

” It is better to stay with Senator Mark we know than to start something we don’t know.

“We do not want to mortgage our collective interest on the project that would obviously not represent Idoma interest. What is Daniel Onjeh’s pedigree in the Nigerian mix to represent a sophisticated and educated Benue South. Certainly not now”.

The Youths stated that the rerun election is not a battle for Senator Mark but for the survival of Idoma people.

According to them, for the fact that Onjeh is being sponsored by external forces against ” the interest of our people is enough affront and insult on the sensibilities of our people. We have our pride, we cannot allow Onjeh to be the ready tool to undermine the interest of our people.”

Interestingly, leader of APC in Benue South Alhaji Abubakar Maishanu otherwise called Young Alhaji has been in the forefront for Senator Mark’s election.

Addressing members of Idoma dream at a Town Hall meeting in Otukpo today Young Alhaji said his support for Senator Mark was necessitated by his believe that the former Senate President is the only one for now that can promote and defend the interest of Benue South.

He, therefore, urged all Idoma sons and daughters to vote for Senator Mark as the choice of the Idoma people.
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by wizkidblogger(f): 4:10pm On Jan 23, 2016
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by Btruth: 4:15pm On Jan 23, 2016
End of the road for old Mark. He should bade farewell to politics @ this junction, if not, "naa shame remain niyen oooo". cheesy
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by wizkidblogger(f): 4:16pm On Jan 23, 2016
grin

Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by Ehinmola(m): 4:19pm On Jan 23, 2016
Hmmmmmmm
Decamping !decamping !!decamping!!!
This Dasukigate will definately DECAMP most Nigerians to APC to avoid the long arms of the law. Decamp and be free or remain in opposition and be JAILED
A P C. Changeeee
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by Duru009(m): 4:30pm On Jan 23, 2016
David mark will still beat him.......
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 23, 2016
SkyBlue1:
Can't they form another national party? Why must they decamp to APC? I don't like this whole idea of continuous decamping and trying to reap where you did not sow. You thought a party was so bad but you stuck with it throughout their term in power and have now suddenly discovered your moral compass lies in the new ruling party? At least Amaechi decamped when APC was still in opposition.

thank you.
They should put embargo on decamping. It will be better if they make law that stop a politician from decamping to another for at least 1 years after denouncing his original party.
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by omenka(m): 4:36pm On Jan 23, 2016
LRNZH:

Omenka,

You mean you are an 'Oyi'? Ahinya o
Lol. Tell me, what did you think all the while?? cheesy
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by LRNZH(m): 4:38pm On Jan 23, 2016
omenka:
Lol. Tell me, what did you think all the while?? cheesy

From the moniker (assuming its your actual name), I always took you as an Igbo guy from.either Enugu or Ebonyi side.

This is interesting.
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by vigasimple(m): 4:43pm On Jan 23, 2016
APC=APDP

Nigeria, Federal republic of comedy and AGIP .
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by ipio(f): 4:44pm On Jan 23, 2016
LRNZH:
Omenka, You mean you are an 'Oyi'? Ahinya o
Is Omenka an Idoma name?
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by omenka(m): 4:47pm On Jan 23, 2016
LRNZH:

From the moniker (assuming its your actual name), I always took you as an Igbo guy from.either Enugu or Ebonyi side.

This is interesting.
Nah, ask anyone you know from Benue and ask about the Igedes. I believe more of us bear the name than Igbos who bear it. Third major tribe in Benue after Tivs and Idomas.

Got relations (uncles and aunts) who are Igbos. Paternal grandma remarried an Igbo man from Enugu after grandpa's death. So pop's got step brothers and sisters who are Igbos. Dad's from Benue (Middle Belt), mom from Yahe, Cross River state(Niger Delta).

There you have it. My bios. cheesy

Ps: "Oyis" are Idomas, the variant for us (Igedes) is Oleng. wink
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 23, 2016
LRNZH:

This is interesting.

Omenka is simply an Igede man. the tribe that hate David Mark so much.

people like living in denial if not what David Mark did for his people over the last 16 years far out weight what the benue state government has done for them over the same number of years.
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by omenka(m): 4:52pm On Jan 23, 2016
rotimileke:

Omenka is simply an Igede man. the tribe that hate David Mark so much.

people like living in denial if not what David Mark did for his people over the last 16 years far out weight what the benue state government has done for them over the same number of years.
We hate David Mark so much a
nd he's been winning elections in Oju and Obi since '99 until last election when he lost Oju but still won Obi!!

Wetin person no go hear from una.

Tell me, what has D-Mark done for Igedes in the last 16 years?? Just mention ONE thing he's done.

You people are so full of it.
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by Goodnuel: 4:54pm On Jan 23, 2016
Lawani isn't the former governor of benue state, he was the deputy.
jaybossYBNL:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-Ek0DDes2NXM/VqOA-y-sCzI/AAAAAAAATSk/gLF9DfIMOnE/s1600/dan%2Bonjeh1.jpg[/img]
Otukpo is on stand still as immediate former governor of Benue state, Chief Steven Lawani, Former minister of Niger Delta Sam Ode, former minister of state for Education, Prof Jerry Agada and Federal Permanent Secretary of Defence, Chief Mike OOkibe and Thousands of their supporters decamp to APC today at the Government Secondary School Otukpo.

Welcoming them to APC is the National Chairman of the party, Chief John Odigie who arrived Otukpo since yesterday afternoon.

Benue state governor Dr. Samuel Ortom too is at the ocassion to support Dan Onjeh.

Today also marks the beginning of Comrade Dan Onjeh senatorial campaign to reclaim to represent his people at the National Assembly.

The crowd is too much, Here are some photos from the event currently going on Otukpo.

Source: http://www.jaybossng.com/2016/01/otukpo-on-stand-still-as-david-mark.html

[img]http://1.bp..com/-6lKXpAlUx6g/VqOBHadrPzI/AAAAAAAATTo/zt0gbzZ-DiE/s1600/dan%2Bonjeh9.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-4fVDdtexQZc/VqOA_XXhcnI/AAAAAAAATSs/u-37S5RNjPE/s1600/dan%2Bonjeh10.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-dy-7c9AzMmk/VqOA_SlY1EI/AAAAAAAATSw/oAFC-W1NVQ0/s1600/dan%2Bonjeh11.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-q74DNyQoZlE/VqOBGtwv-jI/AAAAAAAATTg/d9q19GXSY_k/s1600/dan%2Bonjeh7.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-g-2ic0sf_Ho/VqOBEdXPS-I/AAAAAAAATTI/4U3ZN4O6gpg/s1600/dan%2Bonjeh4.jpg[/img]

cc lalasticlala
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by LRNZH(m): 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2016
ipio:

Is Omenka an Idoma name?

I didnt know until now. Omenka stated that he is from the same Senatorial Zone as David Mark hence my question.

But like the bearer has posited, it is a name borne by both Igedes and Igbos.

If I may ask, is Ipio Igbo?

Thanks for one Nigeria.
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 23, 2016
omenka:
We hate David Mark so much and he's been winning elections in Oju and Obi since '99 until last election when he lost Oju but still won Obi!!

Wetin person no go hear from una.

You people are so full of it.

i ve been reading all your anti David Mark posts on this fora for quite some time now. i dont know of any igede man who has ever said any good thing about David Mark. they just hate him not knowing that this man is only a legislator and not any executive. there is no senator in Nigeria living or dead who has rendered to his people the kind of help and developments DM has given to his own people. i m even surprised that the scholarship offered by DM is twenty times more than what the state government is paying her students yet DM should be crucified. DM is a born leader and no one can take that from him. i m not even surprised that much people did nt turn out for the APC campaign. DM is loved by his people just like the way Lybians loved Gadaffi
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by jaytee01(m): 5:02pm On Jan 23, 2016
LRNZH:

Leave Nigerian matters for Nigerians. This is not Bia Fia.
grin
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by Inspectahdeck(m): 5:05pm On Jan 23, 2016
Yet supporters will fight and kill themselves for this thieves called politicians.

Supporters under the sun, politicians under canopy. SMH

They can't spell organisation correctly.
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 23, 2016
DropShot:
Wailers won't be happy.

End of the road for David Mark, Chairman Senate Committee on Observation.

Just as GEJ couldn't improve the lot of his people in 16 years as deputy governor, governor, VP and president, David Mark also could not improve his community in 16 years at the senate. So he's not worth giving another chance.

Like Jonathan, like David Mark.
Wat did OBJ do over his course as a leader for his people?? while researching also tell us about ds guys.. tinubu, Buhari, IBB, etc cool
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by LRNZH(m): 5:06pm On Jan 23, 2016
rotimileke:

i ve been reading all your anti David Mark posts on this fora for quite some time now. i dont know of any igede man who has ever said any good thing about David Mark. they just hate him not knowing that this man is only a legislator and not any executive. there is no senator in Nigeria living or dead who has rendered to his people the kind of help and developments DM has given to his own people. i m even surprised that the scholarship offered by DM is twenty times more than what the state government is paying her students yet DM should be crucified. DM is a born leader and no one can take that from him. i m not even surprised that much people did nt turn out for the APC campaign. DM is loved by his people just like the way Lybians loved Gadaffi

I don't know your background but permit me to state that not only Igedes dislike David Mark.

Than man has been in power before alot of Nigerians today were born. Nothing the Idomas can show for it apart from appointing a few cronies in gov't (Abba Moro), or giving contracts to his family members (Abuja-Keffi road straightening that was bungled by his current wife).

Forget the Ghaddafi comparison. David Mark uses Federal might (OBJ at some point) to impose himself on Benue South.

PS. I meant Lafiya-Akwanga road
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by omenka(m): 5:11pm On Jan 23, 2016
rotimileke:

[s]i ve been reading all your anti David Mark posts on this fora for quite some time now. i dont know of any igede man who has ever said any good thing about David Mark. they just hate him not knowing that this man is only a legislator and not any executive. there is no senator in Nigeria living or dead who has rendered to his people the kind of help and developments DM has given to his own people. i m even surprised that the scholarship offered by DM is twenty times more than what the state government is paying her students yet DM should be crucified. DM is a born leader and no one can take that from him. i m not even surprised that much people did nt turn out for the APC campaign. DM is loved by his people just like the way Lybians loved Gadaffi[/s]
You said D-Mark has done more than the state government has done in 16 years, and I and that we Igedes hate him- that is exactly what you said. Then I put two simple question to you vis:

1. Where is the evidence Igedes HATE Mark when he's been winning elections in Oju and Obi since '99??

2. What exactly has he done for the Igede people since you said he's done more than the state government has done for us??

Can you simply answer those questions??
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 23, 2016
LRNZH:

I don't know your background but permit me to state that not only Igedes dislike David Mark.

Than man has been in power before alot of Nigerians today were born. Nothing the Idomas can show for it apart from appointing a few cronies in gov't (Abba Moro), or giving contracts to his family members (Abuja-Keffi road straightening that was bungled by his current wife).

Forget the Ghaddafi comparison. David Mark uses Federal might (OBJ at some point) to impose himself on Benue South.

David Mark has served nigeria so well. His only crime is him being in PDP and his ambitions towards 2019. No one can deny his leadership charisma but haters. what i m saying is if God wills it for him to win, he will surely win. the average idoma man likes him. the little developments you see in benue south was put there by david mark and not the state government and his people appreciate him for that. even Omenka can attest to that if at all he is not a hater. i did my NYSC in Idoma land.
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by raumdeuter: 5:15pm On Jan 23, 2016
chukwudi44:
So this people wey i de see na it you de call crowd ni? Op are you sure you have taken your medicines this afternoon?

David Mark is like a god in idomaland,it will take a lot more than empty propaganda to make him lose any elections there.

We saw your knowledge of Benue politics earlier as shown below, EVen though you are shameless enough not to have deactivated like your promised

[size=18pt]
chukwudi44:

If Buhari wins in Benue state on March28, I will deactivate my moniker
[/size]
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by omenka(m): 5:17pm On Jan 23, 2016
LRNZH:

Leave that one, I'm not given to that mentality of "Na our brother". He made a claim that DM has done so much for my people and that yet they hate him so much- and I ask (and I implore you to also ask him) what exactly has he done for the Igedes? How can people hate someone so much yet the same person has been winning elections in their local governments since '99??

Let him answer those questions.

People just sit behind some computers and spill crap about what they haven't the faintest idea about just to stir up some useless sentiments.

This is so annoying.
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by sunsewa: 5:17pm On Jan 23, 2016
Elders with teens mentality.
Re: Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) by omenka(m): 5:19pm On Jan 23, 2016
rotimileke:

David Mark has served nigeria so well. His only crime is him being in PDP and his ambitions towards 2019. No one can deny his leadership charisma but haters. what i m saying is if God wills it for him to win, he will surely win. the average idoma man likes him. the little developments you see in benue south was put there by david mark and not the state government and his people appreciate him for that. even Omenka can attest to that if at all he is not a hater. i did my NYSC in Idoma land.
Just imagine the utter bullucks you are spewing all over the place. Because you spent a year in a place (Idoma land for that matter and not even in Oju or Obi where the Igedes are found) you've suddenly known more about the place than her indigenes!!

You are disgusting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shettima Donates N10m To Wife Of Abu Ali (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu, Lawal, Dogara, Others Submit Tinubu’s Presidential Nomination Forms / Lady Donates Office For Peter Obi Campaign In Jos (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.