Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,842 members, 7,813,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland (22569 Views)

Dino Melaye's Outfit To A Cocktail Event In Switzerland. Photos / Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos / Probe: Jonathan Holds Meeting With Ex-ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by cole265(m): 8:20am On Jan 25, 2016
naijaboy756:
Eiya... All thes yam proponents... Keep dying and crying in your misery while GEJ keeps getting recognized world over. The outside world knows better. The have seen that the corruption fight is selective hence, they are not convinced. Moreover, there is too much disregard for the rule of law. Which democratic institution will take such a government serious? Add all the monies 'alledged' to have been stolen. It won't even add up to $200M. And they keep disturbing us with $2.1B. Kia kia kia grin

How much Jim nwobodo thief sef?

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by nonstan(m): 8:22am On Jan 25, 2016
GEJ was never a bad man..just made bad choices in his cabinet..and his body language suggest he doesn't really knw what happens around him

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by teebaxy(m): 8:22am On Jan 25, 2016
lukaino:
He is now going to explain to the world why Stealing is not corruption
why must you always be foolish, you have dictionary on ur phone, in ur shelve and u can even borrow from ur neighborhood. Juxtapos the2 words. Stop using corruption as stealing... Call ole ole and not corruption. If you call me a corrupt man in Nigeria, it means I'm a big man, but if u call me ole or thief u will see the reaction of everyone, that is Jonathan's contention on corruption is not stealing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by Kinikini: 8:24am On Jan 25, 2016
The west hold us to another standard. If Goodluck Jonathan had been a westerner and handed his Prime Minister or Chancellor responsibilities same way he did as President of Nigeria, I am sure the west will not celebrate him. It says a lot about the hypocrisy of the west. They claim to support our strive to develop, yet hobnobs with our corrupt leaders. They did similar things during Abacha, when, despite their sanctions which punished ordinary Nigerians, they allowed Abacha's loot to find its way to western banks.

IlajeGal1:
The Executive Director, the Geneva Press Club, Guy Mettan has disclosed that former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, will on Wednesday, hold a world press conference in Geneva, Switzerland.The press conference, which holds at 3pm local time, is part of activities lined up by the Circle of Diplomats (Circle Diplomatique), Geneva in his honour, which would be concluded with a dinner same day at the Intercontinental Hotel, Geneva.

According to a statement by Guy Mettan, Jonathan will address two most crucial topics in Nigeria and West Africa at the press briefing: security and civil peace in Nigeria and West Africa; and improvement of health and education of children. Meanwhile accredited United Nations correspondents and Swiss journalists are expected at the press conference, which will most likely see Jonathan talking about Boko Haram activities in Nigeria and the fight against insurgency.

http://dawntodusknews.com/goodluck-jonathan-to-hold-world-press-conference-circle-of-diplomats-hosts-him/

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by Pavarottii(m): 8:25am On Jan 25, 2016
lukaino:
Your IQ is too low to understand that quote; and I won't waste my time explaining the same to u. That person that u r insulting is going to lecture people of great minds, not even ur class. Hope u watch the conference, so you will see d people he will be lecturing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by Ageco(m): 8:26am On Jan 25, 2016
I hope he breaks his silence on dasukigate

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by MICHEALADEX(m): 8:26am On Jan 25, 2016
I expect some counter point on John kerry's point about the $9billion misappropriation by his administration.

And his role in olisa metuh's claims of #400million errand which is directly attached to his name

And many more goat related issues.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by Pavarottii(m): 8:28am On Jan 25, 2016
johnmartus:
not even impress he forever remain a loser utill he seek for forgiveness from nigerians grin
Which Nigerians? Cos the last time I checked more Nigerians love him. Incase u don't know.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by Pavarottii(m): 8:30am On Jan 25, 2016
Abagworo:
This man should go and rest as this his shameful charade is becoming disgusting.
See painment.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by Leebrown(m): 8:32am On Jan 25, 2016
lukaino:
if stealing is corruption, what of bribe and injustice.?

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 25, 2016
Jonathan should be grateful to a loving world for doing everything in its capacity to discourage him from committing suicide after he lost the re-election. So let the awards keep coming to him.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by pheesayor(m): 8:34am On Jan 25, 2016
I was even thinking it was to clear the air on the emptying of our yam barns.

Let's wait for what he has to say though, he might just chip one or two in
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by billyG(m): 8:37am On Jan 25, 2016
rozayx5:

that 2.1B$ figure is a scam cause the total figures i have heard are not up to 20 b naira, APC is using it as a distraction to their failures and jonzing in aso rock. enough of the media trials already undecided get to work
they hav not added gej kick back.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by Olukolade1: 8:37am On Jan 25, 2016
Shine on G

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by silent10(m): 8:38am On Jan 25, 2016
Abagworo:
This man should go and rest as this his shameful charade is becoming disgusting.
Very disgusting i swear.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by Jesusloveyou: 8:39am On Jan 25, 2016
eleojo23:

Is he the one organising these conferences to promote himself?

He is on his own (minding his own business) and different organisations have decided to call him for various conferences and you call that a "charade"?

Why don't you spend your time doing something that will make the world recognize you instead of getting worked up over another man's destiny?

Good morning.
is easier for d world to recognise a criminal than a man of humble and simple background, can u see how dansuki kanu and shekau are more popular than everyone in nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by billyG(m): 8:40am On Jan 25, 2016
IlajeGal1:
The Executive Director, the Geneva Press Club, Guy Mettan has disclosed that former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, will on Wednesday, hold a world press conference in Geneva, Switzerland.The press conference, which holds at 3pm local time, is part of activities lined up by the Circle of Diplomats (Circle Diplomatique), Geneva in his honour, which would be concluded with a dinner same day at the Intercontinental Hotel, Geneva.

According to a statement by Guy Mettan, Jonathan will address two most crucial topics in Nigeria and West Africa at the press briefing: security and civil peace in Nigeria and West Africa; and improvement of health and education of children. Meanwhile accredited United Nations correspondents and Swiss journalists are expected at the press conference, which will most likely see Jonathan talking about Boko Haram activities in Nigeria and the fight against insurgency.
what is d bug deal holding a press conference in geneva,who d hell is geneva press club.

http://dawntodusknews.com/goodluck-jonathan-to-hold-world-press-conference-circle-of-diplomats-hosts-him/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by emmasege: 8:41am On Jan 25, 2016
seunmsg:
Great development. He should please explain to the entire world how he supervised the sharing of $2.1billion meant for arms purchase to political associates in furtherance of his personal political ambition.
I pity the generations to come out of your loin or womb. So, you actually believe the $2.1 billion (roughly N500 billion) propaganda. How much has been remitted or discovered so far? am sure it's not up to N10 billion, but you chose to believe lie of inflated figures. Get me right, am not absolving Dasuki of misappropriation, but am pretty sure the said amount was far below what the 'liephilic' government wants us to believe. The media houses are also not helping the matter at all, thanks to the effort of liar Muhammed who courted them while in opposition and is still doing the same until now. Only very few journalists out there still believe or practice investigative journalism. Majority of them are 'cash and carry (brown envelope)' journalists

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by billyG(m): 8:43am On Jan 25, 2016
IlajeGal1:

what is d big deal holding a press conference in geneva,who d hell is geneva press club
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by horlus(m): 8:47am On Jan 25, 2016
This should be a good opportunity for our honest and amiable ex president to throw some light into the corruption allegations that keeps pointing his way. He dosent need to say too much but at least let's know if you gave permission to divert our arms funds for your re election campaign.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by shugaboy6102(m): 8:47am On Jan 25, 2016
Its only God that knows who truely is honest in the political setting of Nigeria.time will tell if Jonathan was indeed honest or not but all i can say is congrats to him

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by rozayx5(m): 8:50am On Jan 25, 2016
eleojo23:

Is he the one organising these conferences to promote himself?

He is on his own (minding his own business) and different organisations are t calling him for various conferences and you call that a "charade"?

Why don't you spend your time doing something that will make the world recognize you instead of getting worked up over another man's destiny?

Good morning.

abagworo the imo state escapee dwelling in PH is a jobless dude whose hatred for GEJ is out of this world, the Buhari hs so much loves is now in power with only 3 more years to go

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by mediachirps(m): 8:58am On Jan 25, 2016
Pangea:
I hope he will not embarrass us more by giving another goat and yam analogy?
This is world stage and not Nigeria o!
how it pain you reach?

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by alaskido(m): 9:14am On Jan 25, 2016
More grease to your elbow Goodluck Jonathan. I know some haters will talk and curse. Please do not mind them. Our present president can not even make a correct sentence not to talk about giving a lecture. He is always off point when asked questions, he answers a different thing. Shameless APC and their Dullardino Presido.

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by donj211: 9:22am On Jan 25, 2016
Pangea:
I hope he will not embarrass us more by giving another goat and yam analogy?
This is world stage and not Nigeria o!
hahhahah
Do u think he is like ur dullard buhari dt is junkitin about disgracing nigeria ? Let me tell u Jonathan is more focus and compose than your dullard nd nepa holder certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by TBD(m): 9:24am On Jan 25, 2016
GEJ & DASUKIGATE Please return our money
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by playtheblues(f): 9:32am On Jan 25, 2016
Whom God has blessed no man can curse.

The more they try to bring GEJ down, the more he prospers.

I love you GEJ from the depth of my heart.

You are indeed my role model.

I now know that no manipulations, propaganda, lies from pit of hell and blaming can bring a heavenly blessed man/woman down.

God bless your entire generation sir.

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by darlingtonIIV(m): 9:42am On Jan 25, 2016
billyG:

what is d big deal holding a press conference in geneva,who d hell is geneva press club

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by anonimi: 9:45am On Jan 25, 2016
Saurab:
Is he going to to lecture them the need to separate goats from yams?

No.
That is the favorite topic of the messiah whose sole purpose in life is to fight corruption while the nation rots away under the menace of Boko Haram terrorism and economic recession creating youth UNEMPLOYMENT, right
Meanwhile Buhari is a master yam eater of a goat himself despite his crooked pretense grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3191654_1239200310207040029852596885005702579760607n_jpeg655e00798ae6d4674d9087bb4277b198

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3206894_tmp30566fbimg1450529509545914443311_jpeg4c3407a2efe4a93f64218f856abf9b9a

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by naijaboy756: 9:45am On Jan 25, 2016
cole265:

I no know sef but I know say e no reach half of wetin Tinubu and Fashola steal from Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by anonimi: 9:54am On Jan 25, 2016
cole265:

You mean Jim who is now redeemed as a born-to-gain APCshit ProgreTHIEF

sayyid:
A former minister of information, and governor of the old Anambra State, Chief Jim Nwobodo, on Friday defected to the All Progressive Congress.
Nwobodo, a former Senator and presidential aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, attended an APC meeting, reportedly convened by Foreign Affairs minister, Dr. Jeffrey Onyeama, in Enugu.
He declared his membership of the party at the meeting, to the surprise of most of the APC members present at the event.
A former PDP senator from Enugu State, Chief Fidelis Okoro, also defected to the APC at the meeting.
Okoro was in the Senate between 1999 and 2007.
There were indications that the former PDP bigwigs’ defection did not go down well with the some APC members, who openly voiced their dissatisfaction with the development at the meeting.
The party faithful could not hide their surprise, and shock, when Nwobodo arrived at the venue of the meeting in company with Okoro.
Some APC members, who apparently understood the duo’s mission at the meeting, voiced their disapproval.
Chairman of the party in Enugu State, Dr. Ben Nwoye, who appeared to have prior knowledge of the defection, got the aggrieved party members to calm down before Nwobodo made his declaration speech.
In his declaration speech, Nwobodo had harsh words for his old party, PDP.
Nwobodo condemned the PDP, and blamed the party’s leadership for allowing five governors to leave for the APC in the build up to the 2015 general elections.
According to him, he is joining the APC to move the people of Enugu State into the mainstream at the federal level.
Drawing from his experience as a governor, he said it was not good being in the opposition.
He said members of the APC in Enugu State should not to be discouraged by the electoral losses they suffered in the state in the past.
“You must always lose, what matters is the ability to rise again.
“I must condemn our former party, PDP – I know we had problems.
“I told our former chairman, how come did we allow five governors to leave the party?
“I am not looking for a job, I am talking because I want peace.
“I want our people to be part of the Federal Government at the centre.
“I had a problem being an opposition governor.
“I am not coming into APC because I want anything.
“I want our people to be reintegrated and have our own share of the Federal Government resources,” Nwobodo said.
Nwobodo recalled that while he was in PDP, his wife had always been an active member of the APC.
He pointed out that the slogan “change” did not start now with the APC.
According to him, it started in 1983, when he was an opposition governor.
www.punchng.com/breaking-jim-nwobodo-dumps-pdp-defects-to-apc/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3088738_img20151115154440_jpeg8f611b6c9cc8cd0928a56ef1049ea06d

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland by shamecurls(m): 10:02am On Jan 25, 2016
Another comedy loading

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-IS94A5_uQ

I miss the comedy in GEJ`s administration..........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why North Opposes Restructuring – Ajimobi / "There Is A United Voice Against Okorocha" – Oyegun / Governor Akeredolu Speaks On Benefits Of India Hemp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.