Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,385 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Corporate Finance/Investment Bankers/Stockbrokers Forum - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Corporate Finance/Investment Bankers/Stockbrokers Forum (21018 Views)

For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be / Bankers Whats The Way Forward?? / Chartered Institute Of Stockbrokers (CIS) Sept Diet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corporate Finance/Investment Bankers/Stockbrokers Forum by AjoMmuo: 9:23pm On Jun 07, 2012
deenee: @ Ajo M, apologies for the delayed response. Somehow, your question just fell through the "cracks". Yes, I am certain that you will be able to get the data you have stated herein. There is however a "caveat", if you intend to make use of the Bloomberg terminals at the universities around you. The kind of information you will have access to will be largely determined by the subscription package paid for. There are some that would pay for country specific, sector specific, transaction specific information so you might want to consider this. But over all, the aforementioned firms should be able to provide the data you need. The can also offer you bespoke services tailored to meet the data requirements you want. The MPR articles relate to the bond aspect of the project as it is through this that the CBN sets interest rates which have a bearing on the movement of bond prices and other related factors. All the best!

@deenee Thanks pal for the generous info.... I am yet to check out the Bloomberg Terminal at a local college around me. Kinda of busy and on the road with other stuffs.... I really don't know about this MPR thing. All I need from the bond side of things are just the interest rates for say a 3-month or 1-year Nigerian govt. bond or their closing prices-and I will work out the interest rates therein. I do not wanna do anything fanciful. Just simple application of mean-variance theorem(asset allocation). Thus with closing daily prices-adjusted or not-of stocks and bonds, I should be able to work out any other statistic as the need arises without any fuss.

Again, I will let you know if I succeed with the Bloomberg Terminal. I may well need assistance with the NSE password if otherwise. Thanks once more.
Re: Corporate Finance/Investment Bankers/Stockbrokers Forum by AjoMmuo: 9:28pm On Jun 07, 2012
candylips: smiley
What happened buddy? I thought you offered me some info.... Did you delete on me? My bad. I did not acknowledge your input when I saw it last time. I was busy with work and i forgot. apologies pal....
Re: Corporate Finance/Investment Bankers/Stockbrokers Forum by christemmbassey(m): 5:08pm On Sep 01, 2012
@ all, am a level one CIS student due to lack of tuition centres in Calabar am moving to Lagos. Pls am looking for a finance/stockbroking or related firm that have registered with the federal ministry of finance SURE-P graduate internship scheme to work with so that i can have the need opportunities to study with a good tuition centre for my exams and also gain some experience in finance/stockbroking. Tnx, christsemmbassey2012@gmail.com, 08188294293.
Re: Corporate Finance/Investment Bankers/Stockbrokers Forum by Anwa23: 3:09am On Feb 26, 2016
Bump
Re: Corporate Finance/Investment Bankers/Stockbrokers Forum by cuteade: 8:23am On Feb 26, 2016
An investment banking and real estate organization within Victoria Island needs the services of a Project and Infrastructure Financing officer urgently

The ideal candidate should have the following:

• First degree (2.2 minimum) in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related fields. Degrees in other fields with robust on the job experience in project finance or cognate banking experience will be considered
• Relevant Professional Certification/membership (ICAN, ACCA, CIS, CFA etc) or an MBA or Master’s degree or other equivalent post graduate / professional degree is an added advantage
• Relevant post-graduation training / qualification Courses in (added advantage) ;
General Management
Marketing
Business Development
Strategy

JOB DESCRIPTION:

1. DEAL ORIGINATION
Scanning of the business environment for relevant opportunities
Present the perceived opportunities to management for directions and advise
Prepare proposals and pitches with the aim of winning a mandate

2. RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS
Identifying opportunities in the market
Reviewing client documentation to make a business case for the transaction by carrying out pre-assessment on prospective transaction to facilitate the in-house decision making process as well as helping management advice client appropriately. This involves analysis to identifying inherent risks, SWOT analysis, analysing transaction structure, etc.
Reviewing client’s related industry to better understand the business of client.
Determine means to support the proposed funding structure, risk mitigation and creating a roadmap for the transaction
Preparation of Teasers or papers on the client’s industry to better aid management decision making and advice on the direction to pursue.
Reviewing models and analyzing financials, generating valuation report and developing financial models

3. CLIENT & PEER RELATIONS/FOLLOW UP
Primary contact person for all transaction parties
Manage client relationship vis-a-vis transaction deliverables and update
Preparing for calls and meeting with clients
Ensure that a high degree of cordial and professional relationship exists with team members, customers and other division with the company
Constant follow up with parties to ensure proper coordination and flow of the transaction.
Follow up with client to ensure that our fees are paid as at when due.

4. PRESENTATIONS
Preparing proposals for prospective clients
Preparing information memorandum and other documents for filling applications with lenders

5. ADMINISTRATIVE
Setting up meetings and liaising with the company’s back office staff at relevant times.
Providing reports/updates on transaction status to management
Providing strategic support to management and other subsidiaries of the company
Recovery of outstanding unpaid fees owed by clients
Filling of transaction documents

6. BUDGET MANAGEMENT
Prepare projects & infrastructure unit’s budget in a timely manner
Ensure targets are met, monitor the targets and incomes
Ensure that expenses are within budget
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent Financial management skills
Critical thinking and problem solving skills
Efficient team management skills.

If you meet with the above criteria please send your CV to: careers.capitals@gmail.com on or before 29th of February, 2016.

I wish all the prospective candidates all the best.

Many thanks.
Re: Corporate Finance/Investment Bankers/Stockbrokers Forum by rustomrupand(m): 8:58pm On Apr 06, 2016
There are lots of good sources to learn financial modeling online, why don't you check out http://www.corporatefinanceinstitute.com Corporate Finance Institute - has anyone taken it and have comments relative to BIWS of wall street prep? Curious to hear some feedback!
Re: Corporate Finance/Investment Bankers/Stockbrokers Forum by Micpopson(m): 3:55am On May 20, 2018
Please I need you guys advice am a fresh economics graduate with a 2:1 and have the passion to establish a career in Investment banking/financial services currently planning to write a professional course during my nysc which of this Basic courses is more relevant as regard my career pursuit CIS/Ican
Re: Corporate Finance/Investment Bankers/Stockbrokers Forum by justinlouis0909: 10:29am On Feb 27, 2019
AjoMmuo:

@deenee Thanks pal for the generous info.... I am yet to check out the Bloomberg Terminal at a local college around me. Kinda of busy and on the road with other stuffs.... I really don't know about this MPR thing. All I need from the bond side of things are just the interest rates for say a 3-month or 1-year Nigerian govt. bond or their closing prices-and I will work out the interest rates therein. I do not wanna do anything fanciful. Just simple application of mean-variance theorem(asset allocation). Thus with closing daily prices-adjusted or not-of stocks and bonds, I should be able to work out any other statistic as the need arises without any fuss.

https://prizetrak.com/

Again, I will let you know if I succeed with the Bloomberg Terminal. I may well need assistance with the NSE password if otherwise. Thanks once more.

Is there any new information related to this? If yes, then please share it.
Re: Corporate Finance/Investment Bankers/Stockbrokers Forum by The5DME(m): 10:20am On Jun 23, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Police,navy,airforce And Customs Who Earn The The Largest Pay / Anti Success Symptoms That Limits Our Progress In Life / How To Be Successful In Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.