Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat (19253 Views)

Differences Between The Gmat And Gre / 2017 GMAT Test Takers / IELTS - For IELTS Test Takers And Preparation(achieving Desired Band Score) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by obiaguna(m): 8:11am On Nov 13, 2016
ednut1:
gmat show me pepper sha. the first 10 gmat exams i took, i bang am. as far as i am concerned d test is ojoro. easy for science students dan commercial and arts

Wait a minute. You paid 10 times to write GMAT??

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 13, 2016
omonnakoda:
Maybe when you get older you will understand being intelligent is luck no one chooses to be stupid and some people are born stupid,bad luck!!
cry
omonnakoda:
Maybe when you get older you will understand being intelligent is luck no one chooses to be stupid and some people are born stupid,bad luck!!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by ednut1(m): 8:17am On Nov 13, 2016
obiaguna:

Wait a minute. You paid 10 times to write GMAT??
GMAT is aptitude test during job /recruitment tins na
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by akanbiaa(m): 8:18am On Nov 13, 2016
Japhet04:
very true

I remember when I was to write a chevron scholarship exam and I was informed that it would be in GMAT format, I quickly told my parents to help me purchase the past questions, after they did this I started voracious studying, when I finally went for the exam I discovered that most of the GMAT questions where repeated and I got the scholarship on a platter of gold

then when I tell my friends who also wrote the exam with me but failed that I passed they will tell me I am so lucky, rubbish there's no such thing as luck my preparation earned me the award.

Try Government test to see if your preparation will get it for you
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by obiaguna(m): 8:19am On Nov 13, 2016
ednut1:
GMAT is aptitude test during job /recruitment tins na

Oh that one? Lol. I thought it was for going to university abroad so I was thinking you paid to write them.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by amokemi(m): 8:22am On Nov 13, 2016
The GMAT used for employment purpose is different from the GMAT the op is referring to. Employment GMAT is simple and not to be compared to the business school required GMAT.

The main challenge with Nigerian candidates is that we are not used to standardized test and as such it's kind of strange and difficult.

Another challenge with gmat is the data sufficiency questions. Anyone who can master and do well in data sufficiency will do well in the quantitative aspect of gmat. The quantitative part is the most difficult anyway.

And like the op said, you have to take as many preparation tests as possible. You can be sure your scores in the prep tests is a reflection of what you will score in the main exam.

My final advice to anyone who want to write the GMAT, please get the most recent official guide and use it for your preparation. That was my own undoing. I did not use the official guide while preparing and I paid dearly for it. I want to write it again but I can't summon the mental strength to prepare.

Gmat is tough but it is surmountable.

By the way I scored 560.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by EdoBoy90(m): 8:38am On Nov 13, 2016
OreoPaschal:

Graduate Management Admission Test.

Lie, it means General Method Aptitude Test (GMAT)
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by omonnakoda: 8:42am On Nov 13, 2016
Is this not the same dunce who tried correcting my grammar and got shamed doing so
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by omonnakoda: 8:43am On Nov 13, 2016
amokemi:
The GMAT used for employment purpose is different from the GMAT the op is referring to. Employment GMAT is simple and not to be compared to the business school required GMAT.

The main challenge with Nigerian candidates is that we are not used to standardized test and as such it's kind of strange and difficult.

Another challenge with gmat is the data sufficiency questions. Anyone who can master and do well in data sufficiency will do well in the quantitative aspect of gmat. The quantitative part is the most difficult anyway.

And like the op said, you have to take as many preparation tests as possible. You can be sure your scores in the prep tests is a reflection of what you will score in the main exam.

My final advice to anyone who want to write the GMAT, please get the most recent official guide and use it for your preparation. That was my own undoing. I did not use the official guide while preparing and I paid dearly for it. I want to write it again but I can't summon the mental strength to prepare.

By the way I scored 560.
Depends on what you mean by surmountable . In my world the bar is set at 680 and there are many with +700 scores
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by kennyjam: 9:30am On Nov 13, 2016
Japhet04:
undergraduate

ok. Thanks! You have graduated? which year did you win it?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by zionmade(m): 10:07am On Nov 13, 2016
pls who can help a broda wit d soft copy of GMAT I need to write exam and I guess d questions would come from there. my email is Vic.edwarduni@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by omonnakoda: 12:23pm On Nov 13, 2016
zionmade:
pls who can help a broda wit d soft copy of GMAT I need to write exam and I guess d questions would come from there. my email is Vic.edwarduni@gmail.com
I don't think you will be ready for GMAT for some time
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 13, 2016
kennyjam:

ok. Thanks! You have graduated? which year did you win it?
no I'm in level 300, I won it this year..
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by Adebolade(m): 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2016
Japhet04:
very true

I remember when I was to write a chevron scholarship exam and I was informed that it would be in GMAT format, I quickly told my parents to help me purchase the past questions, after they did this I started voracious studying, when I finally went for the exam I discovered that most of the GMAT questions where repeated and I got the scholarship on a platter of gold

then when I tell my friends who also wrote the exam with me but failed that I passed they will tell me I am so lucky, rubbish there's no such thing as luck my preparation earned me the award.

pls do you still have any soft copy @all of the past questions you can kindly help me forward thank you
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by jkrist: 2:20pm On Nov 13, 2016
Japhet04:
very true

please I'd also need the soft copy for the GMAT because I will be writing an exam soon and it will be base on it..
you can email it to me via johnchristian268 @gmail.com

Thanks for helping!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by kennyjam: 2:55pm On Nov 13, 2016
Japhet04:
no I'm in level 300, I won it this year..
Thanks bro.... for the response!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by seksiaiz(f): 3:01pm On Nov 13, 2016
pls, help me too o. shogaoluebunoluwa30@gmail.com
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 13, 2016
Adebolade:
pls do you still have any soft copy @all of the past questions you can kindly help me forward it to bolafolarin@ymail.com thank you
jkrist:

please I'd also need the soft copy for the GMAT because I will be writing an exam soon and it will be base on it..

Thanks for helping!
seksiaiz:
pls, help me too o. shogaoluebunoluwa30@gmail.com
jkrist:

Thanks for helping!
I would have sent you if I could but I can't, mine is the hardcopy.,

I'd suggest you also get the hard copy its not more than 2500 naira..,
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by omonnakoda: 4:12pm On Nov 13, 2016
Not everyone has it that easy in life. In the real world some children have to sell gala in traffic just to eat. Intelligence is not only about being able to learn responses to other people's questions but also being able to look and see the world as it really is and then to ask questions of your own

3 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by jkrist: 5:11pm On Nov 13, 2016
Japhet04:
I would have sent you if I could but I can't, mine is the hardcopy.,

I'd suggest you also get the hard copy its not more than 2500 naira..,

ok...can you recommend where and how we can get it and the title for it
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2016
proddey:
How can I get preparatory materials particularly videos?
halla!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 13, 2016
jkrist:
ok...can you recommend where and how we can get it and the title for it
any standard bookshop just ask for GMAT past questions
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by jkrist: 7:46pm On Nov 14, 2016
Japhet04:
any standard bookshop just ask for GMAT past questions
OK thanks sir
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by proddey(m): 6:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
amokemi:

By the way I scored 560.

How many months did you use to prepare?
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 18, 2017
Hi Amokemi, pls i want to prepare for gmat test. Can you help with study materials
amokemi:

By the way I scored 560.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by odimbannamdi(m): 10:17pm On Jun 21, 2018
The GMAT (Graduate Management Assessment Test), administered by GMAC, is a fundamental requirement for admission into over 7,000 graduate management and business programs (such as the MBA) in 2,300 business schools worldwide.

The exam comprises of 4 aspects

- A computer adaptive quantitative section
- Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA)
- Integrated reasoning
- Verbal reasoning

If you are looking to enroll into one of the business programs, your first step would be to take and pass the GMAT exam with a minimum score of 550/800. Some competitive programs require a minimum score of 600/800. Also, a good score gives you an edge in scholarship and funding considerations.

Passing the GMAT exam is no easy feat at all, but it is very much achievable. It involves a great deal of mental preparation, structured study plan and usage of the right materials and past questions.

Personally, i would be taking the exam by September to use in making applications for an MBA program from October, so i want to commence preparations as from today. I know i am not alone in this endeavour so i am looking to recruit interested persons so that we can form a viable whatsapp study group to encourage ourselves and share information and materials.

Our first project will be legally and officially laying our hands on the GMAT® Official Guide 2019 (ebook and online material). It is valued at $79.95, but there is an ongoing discount sale at $47.95. This discount will expire on the 30th of this month. You can check out its features via this link, www.efficientlearning.com/gmat/prepguides/official-ebook/

If you are interested in joining this train, kindly whatsapp me on 09083748635 for further directives.

Thanks!
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by CEOwatazs: 10:51am On Mar 17, 2019
Japhet04:
very true

wowwww NYC

when is the Chevron skolaship usually out

pliz when
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by Cbliz(m): 8:59pm On May 16, 2019
Good day fam.
I just created a whatsapp group for those who are taking the GMAT soon and will like to share ideas on how to ace the exam and get admission into a top B-School. Kindly drop your number so I can add you to the group.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Test Takers Fail The Gmat by Cbliz(m): 7:41am On May 29, 2019
You can send your number to avosehkehinde97@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mopileola Tomi Adewumi Graduates From Oklahoma State University In America / Osun State University Admission Process And The Fee It Secret / KWASU Is The First University To Be Accredited With Aeronautical Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.