Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths (35648 Views)

Dialogue: Ijaw Elders Reject Clark’s Team / Soldiers Take Over Tompolo’s Residence, Father Escapes Arrest / How Jonathan,Governors,Service Chiefs Prevailed On Tompolo To Shelve Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by free13: 11:33am On Jan 26, 2016
MendeZ:

*Tompolo
Chief Etolor told Vanguard: “It is unfortunate that the Presidency wants to handle the matter from this angle. Which of the Northern elders did they tell to produce the Boko Haram leaders that are bombing in their areas. So, why are they telling us to handover people who bombed pipelines here?

“The people of Niger Delta and the ljaw in particular are not at war with President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration. However, the ljaw will never sacrifice their bravest to satisfy the quest for neo-colonialism. When the moment comes, we shall stand with Tompolo.

We wish to inform President Buhari that in the hearts and minds of every Niger Deltan lies an embryonic Tompolo waiting to hatch.

The EFCC invitation and subsequent harassment and persecution of Tompolo goes beyond what meets the eye.”

Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/why-we-cant-hand-over-tompolo-to-jtf-efcc-ijaw-elders-youths/
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by gbishman: 11:33am On Jan 26, 2016
This is quite unfortunate coming from suppose to be learned and informed leaders of the Niger Delta.
How does the issue of Tompolo not joining APC or blowing up of pipelines have anything to do with his bench warrant arrest.
His being wanted by the law enforcement agencies started way before the pipeline explosion.
To be clear a bench warrant was served on him by the court for issues bothering on fraud, money laundry, stealing and all what not.
In the case of pipeline destruction no one has said it is tompolo, well not that i have heard of, for the community rulers i think what the army has said is not misplaced by saying that any further destruction of facilities that they would be held responsible.
I go ahead to support by argument: one of the core responsibility of the rulers around that area is to foster peace and tranquility around his domain, engage youths on how best to work with security agencies by providing information for the security to work with etc.
You cannot tell me that people came to your community to create such havoc and you didn't know.
Lets take it that in a community a group of people came into his a palace to rape his wives would he not declare a state of emergency declare the culprits wanted or even put out a bounty on their heads.
So what have the army men done wrong by alluding them to their responsibilities as community leaders.
To whom much is give much is expected

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by ahaz: 11:41am On Jan 26, 2016
coolscott:

The true oil wells are no more in the ground and the Buhari and his divisive inclination does not understand that we southerners even know that ourselves.

Google's networth is $367billion. How many oil wells do they have? How many gold mines?

Wealth has long left the ground. The gold mines now reside in the minds of men
madam stainless abeg four origin for this young man was with nkwobi....boy your papa money no waste.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by hush15: 12:03pm On Jan 26, 2016
kaypound:
This is aiding and abetting criminality. If Tomopolo is wise he shouldn't allow his people to suffer for his sins. Odi village was razed down because of a few miscreants....and nothing happened to Nigeria or OBJ.
If you are not guilty then go and clear your name
Simple....

Useless Government, let them do their worst. How are sure they are not behind their own woes sef.

All propaganda to make citizens look like the enemy....
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by alaskido(m): 12:06pm On Jan 26, 2016
I knew from the beginning that this APC government is useless and a SCAM. How can they tell Ijaw elders to produce Tompolo. Like Chief Etolor said, did they ask the Northern leaders to produce the leader of Boko Haram? Senseless Buhari. You think you are still a military man abi.

If you must arrest Tompolo for corruption, you must also arrest Ibrahim Lambrode, IBB, OBJ, Abdulsalam etc. There will be no sacred cow.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by bobby56(m): 12:07pm On Jan 26, 2016
kaypound:
This is aiding and abetting criminality. If Tomopolo is wise he shouldn't allow his people to suffer for his sins. Odi village was razed down because of a few miscreants....and nothing happened to Nigeria or OBJ.
Simple....
DONT ALLOW GOD TO DESTROY YOU. Has the Northern Elders produced Shekau or any of the BOKO HARAM Leaders? Let the FG thru their puppet (EFCC) go after him if they have any genuine case. Lamorde swallowed N1Trillion but PMB turned a blind eye so the man would not expose him(BUHARI) or any of his APC Crooks. Mtcheeew
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by hush15: 12:07pm On Jan 26, 2016
kaypound:
Simple....

Useless Government, let them do their worst. They should level the entire SS now since they are minority. When his service chiefs came and didn't include a rep from the state in their entourage fora site visit, all they can think is to tie it all on Tomopolo and by extension hold the elders in the state accountable for their own gross incompetence. How are sure they are not behind their own woes sef.

All propaganda to make citizens look like the enemy....

Dear Elders, you are about to be an excuse as they running short on excuse on GEJ...
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by PrinceEvolution(m): 12:10pm On Jan 26, 2016
another mumu rehearsing for mumu olympic competition 2019..organizers see ur gold medalist on nairaland...idiotic comment 21st century go and raid them now now ...u think u are playing video game abi?
kaypound:
Simple....
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by ozoemenafn: 12:11pm On Jan 26, 2016
I think PMB is stylishly looking for a way to punish the south south for not voting for him and APC during the last general election. That is why our people would not rest. It would either be EFCC, DSS or the military. For over 8 months now he has not asked any of the northern elders or religious leaders to produce Boko Haram Bombers or the Fullani Herdsmen yet he is asking our elders to produce Tompolo. Besides what evidence has he got to prove that it was Tompolo that bombed the pipeline ? PMB and APC should leave the South South and South East alone.
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by jsb(m): 12:12pm On Jan 26, 2016
DID THE AREWA OR NORTHERN ELDERS PROVIDE SHEKAU OR ANY BOKO HARAM FIGHTER..
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by christopher123(m): 12:18pm On Jan 26, 2016
Dragonking:
Its a pity...if ur elders don't fight for you, who will?

Oga dragon ...elders don't fight where we come from...they position is advisory but youths do the fighting
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by orisa37: 12:40pm On Jan 26, 2016
Lest it becomes another case like that of Ken Sarowiwa, an accredited leader of the Ogonis, who was murdered in cold blood by the dictates of late Sani Abacha, Tompolo, another GOC for the Emancipation of the SS, must not be harassed or in any way incriminated by the FG or its agents without the implicit support of the Chiefs and the people of the SS.
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by LordAdam: 1:01pm On Jan 26, 2016
ashjay001:

Mr Intelligentnista!
Odi happened and nothing happened!
John Togo was hunted and killed and his corpse was exhumed to confirm his death!
Civil war happened and Nigeria still remains one!

PMB(d Bastard) has doubled dared u and urs! He says u're mincemeat compared to BH! The bastards are going to re-organize and deal with u! I'm still waiting for Tompolo's usual boastful reply. He has not even started and d creeks are emptying and ur leaders are screaming ignorance, denials n innocence.

Don't worry, be patient, as Tompolo's time is presently knocking, Larmode's time will surely come!

Nothing more to say since you are been sentimental. Odi was in 1999. Ask OBJ and Yaradua how far with the ND crisis in 2006-2009. Be objective for once.

Anyway, no need for chest-beating just yet. Let us watch things unfold.

-Lord
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by chidexxy007(m): 1:03pm On Jan 26, 2016
errrrmm... PMB, EFCC..... if u want Tompolo, come and carry him.
God bless u
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by x12345678x: 1:26pm On Jan 26, 2016
KingTom:
Oga sawara you would do well to take care of yourselves not me. Your oil is not what put me through med school, your oyel is not what gave me a degree and your oyel is definitely not what pays my bills. Your oyel however is what has destroyed your mangrove forests your oyel is what has rendered your region a war zone. So sir I suggest you use your oyel to take care of yourself not me. God bless you

Brother do well to ask for refunds from ur med school, Cuz obviously u wasted ur time dia. It's cocoa farming dat paid ur fees.
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by lozairio(m): 3:16pm On Jan 26, 2016
tobimillar:

Oga, just calm down. If buhari decide to do 'odi' again there is nothing ICC can do. ICC?? is ICC not seeing what is happening in Syria? Is ICC blind to US invasion of Afghanistan/Iraq/Syria etc where lots of innocent people were killed? Is ICC blind to Russia invasion of Crimea where innocent people are killed? Is ICC blind to the human right abuse going on in North Korea and China? ICC is scam, ICC Is western watchdog for African leaders and we are wiser now.
You northeners are playing with fire like earlier said in the mind of every niger deltan there is an embryoic tompolo even better i am ready to pickup arms when and if the need arise watchout u people
wont control our destinies forever
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by KingTom(m): 3:43pm On Jan 26, 2016
x12345678x:

Brother do well to ask for refunds from ur med school, Cuz obviously u wasted ur time dia. It's cocoa farming dat paid ur fees.
as a matter of fact it was the proceeds from my father's cocoa farm that put me through med school not your oyel undecided thanks

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by Dikechigozie: 3:49pm On Jan 26, 2016
Buhari and APC should tell northern leaders to produce shakrau (boko haram leaders)before giving the same order to Niger deter leaders.
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by utioh(m): 5:09pm On Jan 26, 2016
The only thing that unsettles my mind about this Government Tompolo's issue is the envisaged loss of innocent lives! Who, perhaps, would have had better and sound visions on how to steer Nigeria to a safer place!
Saying 'God forbid' is nowhere enough.

PMB is using the pretext of Corruption to tramp down, crush and Silence his political foes! Anyway in Nigeria, apparently, that is how to rule! Deviate from it and you become a 'GEJ'. But when it(''fighting corruption'') has a bearing with innocent lives, I think a sane Leader ought to thread with care! That is why GEJ has remained my best President so far, for caring about the peace and stability of our dear Country. Our Present Government, so far, has shown us quite the opposite.

I am wondering if you have ever been hit by a Tragedy before! Now imagine having to suffer for what you know nothing about. Or let us say someone so dear to you is the one involved.

You don't still get my point?

Flash your mind back to Nineteen ninety nine in Bayelsa!

You see?

Most people take life as, say a game of Chess! They gamble by making dubious moves without calculating all the possible variations, and never care to weigh the consequences!
After being checkmated on the board, Life goes on! I tell you.

In reality, after being "checkmated" you might not "live" to tell the story!

Somebody should advise PMB.

God bless Nigeria & give us Peace.
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by fejikudz(m): 5:27pm On Jan 26, 2016
Bigmarx:
Let me illuminate your thoughts. Odi happened in 1999, then those guys have not gotten the amount of money or intelligence they have now. Don't be archaic do you think boko haram will survive a week if we were in 1999? How will they communicate? Technology have made everyone sophisticated. If I sense huge military presence 10km away from my village how will I communicate to my brothers that the army are approaching if it were to be 1999? But today what do you think will happen? Things have changed. Today there are so many ways to import arms unlike before when only the military had access to good ammunitions and the rest of us had hunter guns. If you have an Ak 47 and I also have an AK47 it only takes luck for who survives the ordeal. Do not forget at the beginning of the new millennium obasanjo was still president yet he couldn't end militant uprising why? Why did he not clear them like he did in Odi? Simple answer we now have ammunition even better. Is not going to as easy as you once thought. 1999-2016 is more than a decade.....
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by ashjay001(m): 4:49am On Jan 27, 2016
LordAdam:

Nothing more to say since you are been sentimental. Odi was in 1999. Ask OBJ and Yaradua how far with the ND crisis in 2006-2009. Be objective for once.

Anyway, no need for chest-beating just yet. Let us watch things unfold.

-Lord

Ur Lordship, I'm an objective zombie! The question is- are u an objective wailer? U av d makings sha. I luv peace n hate when pples lives are sacrificed needlessly! As much as I believe Kanu(ipob) is a charlatan, he is toeing d Mandela path n will definitely come out of prison, more powerful!

Why should one Tompolo now allow his tribe to be harassed because he doesn't want to spend quality time in jail? Asari Dokubo came out from prison a champ, just dat greed won't allow dem to parlay their sacrifice into greatness!

Naija actually needs more selfless heros. Pple like Gani, Fela, Ken Saro Wiwa, Jega, Father Mbaka-
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by ashjay001(m): 5:07am On Jan 27, 2016
utioh:
The only thing that unsettles my mind about this Government Tompolo's issue is the envisaged loss of innocent lives! Who, perhaps, would have had better and sound visions on how to steer Nigeria to a safer place!
Saying 'God forbid' is nowhere enough.

PMB is using the pretext of Corruption to tramp down, crush and Silence his political foes! Anyway in Nigeria, apparently, that is how to rule! Deviate from it and you become a 'GEJ'. But when it(''fighting corruption'') has a bearing with innocent lives, I think a sane Leader ought to thread with care! That is why GEJ has remained my best President so far, for caring about the peace and stability of our dear Country. Our Present Government, so far, has shown us quite the opposite.

I am wondering if you have ever been hit by a Tragedy before! Now imagine having to suffer for what you know nothing about. Or let us say someone so dear to you is the one involved.

You don't still get my point?

Flash your mind back to Nineteen ninety nine in Bayelsa!

You see?

Most people take life as, say a game of Chess! They gamble by making dubious moves without calculating all the possible variations, and never care to weigh the consequences!
After being checkmated on the board, Life goes on! I tell you.

In reality, after being "checkmated" you might not "live" to tell the story!

Somebody should advise PMB.

God bless Nigeria & give us Peace.

U're a Master Illusionist!

So, ur hero GEJ had fantastic vision by allow his adminstration to divert funds ment for arms to secure d North-East from BH and protect some quality lives- ok, since they are not Niger Deltan lives, just abo-ki, they don't qualify for ur peace initiative abi?

My surprise is that; u sound like a good chess player, but u'll never be a champion chess player sha! Too biased to really factor in all moves! Me, I'm just not ruthless.
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by utioh(m): 8:02am On Jan 27, 2016
ashjay001:

U're a Master Illusionist!

So, ur hero GEJ had fantastic vision by allow his adminstration to divert funds ment for arms to secure d North-East from BH and protect some quality lives- ok, since they are not Niger Deltan lives, just abo-ki, they don't qualify for ur peace initiative abi?

My surprise is that; u sound like a good chess player, but u'll never be a champion chess player sha! Too biased to really factor in all moves! Me, I'm just not ruthless.

My friend, always try to refrain from bringing in ethnicity when it comes to sensitive National issues bordering on Security.
That being said..

I didn't in any way exonerate GEJ in the Arms deal saga. To put it short and simple, he failed Nigerians in many unthinkable ways!
Nevertheless, he's still my Best! Of course that is my opinion. Let us see if PMB can rewrite that in days to come.

Maybe you hold the notion that GEJ is the worst... That is up to you though! But You would be shocked to the bones if you knew the level of corruption that transpired in Past Governments.

Think about this... If PDP had continued, would all these revelations be exposed to light? A resounding NO is the answer!

Thumbs up to the present administration. But PMB is fighting Corruption 'selectively'. So it quite worrisome when some well known 'thieves' are even being praised and celebrated, while their accomplices are,......... you know the rest of the story.
However, it is better than fighting 'selectively' than being complacent.

We have Northeners who are involved in the Arms deal. Does it mean they don't care for their people?
When Niger Militants destroy pipelines, is it not their properties they are destroying? What is the property of Government? Who are the government? You and I are the government! It is our money, our sweats, irrespective of our states of origin!
So anything that befalls the eye affects the legs!

So please the issue of regionalism doesn't come in here!

Just to add: A Champion in chess isn't one who can factor in all the moves, because even notable Engines that can do that are many a times humiliated by humans!

Thank you!
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by ashjay001(m): 8:32am On Jan 27, 2016
utioh:

My friend, always try to refrain from bringing in ethnicity when it comes to sensitive National issues bordering on Security.
That being said..

I didn't in any way exonerate GEJ in the Arms deal saga. To put it short and simple, he failed Nigerians in many unthinkable ways!
Nevertheless, he's still my Best! Of course that is my opinion. Let us see if PMB can rewrite that in days to come.

Maybe you hold the notion that GEJ is the worst... That is up to you though! But You would be shocked to the bones if you knew the level of corruption that transpired in Past Governments.

Think about this... If PDP had continued, would all these revelations be exposed to light? A resounding NO is the answer!

Thumbs up to the present administration. But PMB is fighting Corruption 'selectively'. So it quite worrisome when some well known 'thieves' are even being praised and celebrated, while their accomplices are,......... you know the rest of the story.
However, it is better than fighting 'selectively' than being complacent.

We have Northeners who are involved in the Arms deal. Does it mean they don't care for their people?
When Niger Militants destroy pipelines, is it not their properties they are destroying? What is the property of Government? Who are the government? You and I are the government! It is our money, our sweats, irrespective of our states of origin!
So anything that befalls the eye affects the legs!

So please the issue of regionalism doesn't come in here!

Just to add: A Champion in chess isn't one who can factor in all the moves, because even notable Engines that can do that are many a times humiliated by humans!

Thank you!

U still remain an Illusionist.

I see things in black and white. That previous govts were more corrupt, doesn't give GEJ any free pass. I voted and stood to be counted for him, through all his early travails, because I felt he had a dream for our Nation. U cannot admit his frailty, and still declare him d best. Govts av been robbing us, even b4 d europeans. Why should he not be above all that?

I'm praying PMB doesn't stoop that low, but if/when he does, I'm not sparing him either!

I was taught to work for money, nobody is teaching d current generation. No morals, no conscience, no credible leader. I might not be able to change d world, but I'll effect my little part in it, and will definitely not be counted amongst pple who would encourage its destruction.

Those humans who bested d machines, actually factored more moves than d m/cs! The average human brain has always had vaster capacities than d best m/c, we just aren't all blessed with d ability to access it at will.

Mr All-seeing-eye, I c u.
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by utioh(m): 9:32am On Jan 27, 2016
ashjay001:

U still remain an Illusionist.

I see things in black and white. That previous govts were more corrupt, doesn't give GEJ any free pass. I voted and stood to be counted for him, through all his early travails, because I felt he had a dream for our Nation. U cannot admit his frailty, and still declare him d best. Govts av been robbing us, even b4 d europeans. Why should he not be above all that?

I'm praying PMB doesn't stoop that low, but if/when he does, I'm not sparing him either!

I was taught to work for money, nobody is teaching d current generation. No morals, no conscience, no credible leader. I might not be able to change d world, but I'll effect my little part in it, and will definitely not be counted amongst pple who would encourage its destruction.

Those humans who bested d machines, actually factored more moves than d m/cs! The average human brain has always had vaster capacities than d best m/c, we just aren't all blessed with d ability to access it at will.

Mr All-seeing-eye, I c u.
That somebody is the best doesn't mean he is flawless, without any defect. I hope you get the point!

Now assessing PMB's rule so far, would you sincerely give him a pass? I would be amused if your answer is yes!

Lastly, if you were to side one party, between Stockfish and Magnus Carlsen, or let's say any renowned GM you deem fit, which side would you choose, in a 3- round game! Tell me.
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by LordAdam: 10:13am On Jan 27, 2016
ashjay001:

Ur Lordship, I'm an objective zombie! The question is- are u an objective wailer? U av d makings sha. I luv peace n hate when pples lives are sacrificed needlessly! As much as I believe Kanu(ipob) is a charlatan, he is toeing d Mandela path n will definitely come out of prison, more powerful!

Why should one Tompolo now allow his tribe to be harassed because he doesn't want to spend quality time in jail? Asari Dokubo came out from prison a champ, just dat greed won't allow dem to parlay their sacrifice into greatness!

Naija actually needs more selfless heros. Pple like Gani, Fela, Ken Saro Wiwa, Jega, Father Mbaka-

Tompolo is not allowing anyone to be harassed. NDs after decades of neglect in the commonwealth of Nigeria have learned to be thorough about their reactions. This is not the 70s or 80s when we were bent to the whims of the North at will.

We know these corruption charges are 100% political. The corruption fight is a clout to weaken Tompolo's influence and in extension PDP's influence in the region.

Think of it this way. Tompolo's financial accounts were freezed in August prior to the Bayelsa elections for no express reason. He challenged EFCC to court. They did not respond. Bayelsa elections came, he was approached to support the APC candidate and he refused. PDP won. A week later, he was charged to court. Mind you, his previous case is still pending until this day.

Sire, does this scenario not have all the imprints of political harassment? N13b was used to buy the land for a university. It is high, but really how high is it. The average cost to build a government website is no more than N2m. Fayemi is demanding N800m.

In the 2016 budget, The Nigerian Lottery Trust Fund wants to use N500m to BUY LAND for an OFFICE BUILDING. Extrapolate it and tell me if N13b for the land of a university land and N500m for less than 5 plots are not proportional?

Buhari's government is corrupt. And we know Tompolo's search is a clear definition of witch-hunt.

If Dasuki has not been released for being charged with N10b (not the $2.1b being bandied about) even after satisfying bail conditions? Will Tompolo be released?

Buhari should be very careful, he is not dealing with the same region in 80s. We are more self-aware of the antics of the power-mongers. We will stand by Tompolo, not because he is a saint, but because without someone like him, it will only be a matter of time before the region is run over. Imagine the cancellation of a University project already nearing completion?

IBB is not a saint, yet he is respected in his region. Same for OBJ, Bode George. We cannot have saints only in one region and demons in another and have a functional country.

Let the Port-Harcourt, Akwa Ibom and Edo gubernatorial elections be concluded first, before we consider whether we would give Tompolo up. For now, he is useful to maintain the bragging right of the region. We are not kids and certainly not Zombies.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by ashjay001(m): 3:28pm On Jan 27, 2016
LordAdam:

Tompolo is not allowing anyone to be harassed. NDs after decades of neglect in the commonwealth of Nigeria have learned to be thorough about their reactions. This is not the 70s or 80s when we were bent to the whims of the North at will.

We know these corruption charges are 100% political. The corruption fight is a clout to weaken Tompolo's influence and in extension PDP's influence in the region.

Think of it this way. Tompolo's financial accounts were freezed in August prior to the Bayelsa elections for no express reason. He challenged EFCC to court. They did not respond. Bayelsa elections came, he was approached to support the APC candidate and he refused. PDP won. A week later, he was charged to court. Mind you, his previous case is still pending until this day.

Sire, does this scenario not have all the imprints of political harassment? N13b was used to buy the land for a university. It is high, but really how high is it. The average cost to build a government website is no more than N2m. Fayemi is demanding N800m.

In the 2016 budget, The Nigerian Lottery Trust Fund wants to use N500m to BUY LAND for an OFFICE BUILDING. Extrapolate it and tell me if N13b for the land of a university land and N500m for less than 5 plots are not proportional?

Buhari's government is corrupt. And we know Tompolo's search is a clear definition of witch-hunt.

If Dasuki has not been released for being charged with N10b (not the $2.1b being bandied about) even after satisfying bail conditions? Will Tompolo be released?

Buhari should be very careful, he is not dealing with the same region in 80s. We are more self-aware of the antics of the power-mongers. We will stand by Tompolo, not because he is a saint, but because without someone like him, it will only be a matter of time before the region is run over. Imagine the cancellation of a University project already nearing completion?

IBB is not a saint, yet he is respected in his region. Same for OBJ, Bode George. We cannot have saints only in one region and demons in another and have a functional country.

Let the Port-Harcourt, Akwa Ibom and Edo gubernatorial elections be concluded first, before we consider whether we would give Tompolo up. For now, he is useful to maintain the bragging right of the region. We are not kids and certainly not Zombies.

-Lord

I was writing an epistle, until I realised, u're too smart to be preached to. We'll both wait; I, for PMB to show all doubters that he really means well for d masses; U, for PMB to revert back to d ways of old.

Just so u knw, a lot of my friends av had to eat their words.

(I'm guessing u've strong links to militancy?)
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by LordAdam: 7:32pm On Jan 27, 2016
ashjay001:

I was writing an epistle, until I realised, u're too smart to be preached to. We'll both wait; I, for PMB to show all doubters that he really means well for d masses; U, for PMB to revert back to d ways of old.

Just so u knw, a lot of my friends av had to eat their words.

(I'm guessing u've strong links to militancy?)

Finally! It's better we all wait.

I will not answer your question for obvious reasons.

Good evening!

-Lord
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by Billygee2u: 7:14am On Jan 28, 2016
mordsith:
“It is unfortunate that the
Presidency wants to handle the matter from this angle.
Which of the Northern elders did they tell to produce the
Boko Haram leaders that are bombing in their areas.
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by Billygee2u: 7:19am On Jan 28, 2016
EasternLion:
Tompolo my man cool cool cool
You dey pepper dem!
"From the streets to the creeks, you too Tompolo" - Erigga (Wild Wild west, with a waff-town verse) smiley smiley

May your days be long Chief Etolor....you and your household and your inheritance...

That line says it all, unlike what some vagabonds online will make you believe.
Good one...My question is, why are some people crying "crucify him, he is a criminal, get him, kill him", while they can go any length to defend theirs.

Please has anyone issued bench warrant for Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde, with 1trn Naira fraud cases hanging on his head.
The issue is that some people think others are still their mumu who they can command anyhow.

If you want Tompolo, go and arrest him, stop threatening innocent elders, nonsense

Nna nawa oh, I don close book, matter don end.

Elders wey get sense! Army, Police, DSS, Civil Defence, Navy, Customs, Airforce, Man O'war, yellow fever no know where Tompolo dey, na Elders thinking how to make ends meet una wan give intelligence job of trafficking Tompolo down.
Wonders shall not seize in my time.
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by Billygee2u: 7:30am On Jan 28, 2016
Achuwa1:
Pmb & his co Northerners doesnt mean well for the ss,all they just want is to have control of the oil rich region thru the power in the federal level & then exploit the oil resources to share among states tht generate little or notn to the federal cofers thereby leaving the niger delta ppl in abject poverty coupled with spilled land tht they cannot cultivate for food crop or even fish on.
information reaching is tht the initial proposed refinery tht was meant to be built in ondo state during the last regime has suddenly being moved to lagos for no reason..
initially,fg & dangote claimed the refinery was cited in ondo coz ondo have a deep sea warter tht can be accessed by ships & also it is situated in a region where crude could easily be accessed from the oil rich region of ss for refinery coz of distance,,
i have to also state here tht the economic advantage of tht this refinery would have had to host community & state would have being numerous considering jobs,royalty etc.
so the present administration came into power without even considering how Lagos is already congested with populace,infrastructure,jobs,no commercial quantity of crude oil,etc ,,,now went ahead to relocate the said refinery to sw Lagos instead of relocating it to the oil rich region of ss tht has crude oil in commercial quantity & has sustained the country with it for ages,also considering tht the refinery could help as a pay back to the ss for their resources tht has been used to sustain the country for ages thereby creating jobs there,also so tht developement can alsio get there & a host of other advantages this refinery could have served to the ppl os ss for their contribution to nigeria economy for ages.
i will also use this juncture to correct the insinuation tht ppl will say tht niger delta is a restive region with lots of hostilities,kidnapping etc,,,but can the doubters convince me tht akwa-ibom state in the niger delta region has all this society ills,the answer NO tht akwa-ibom is as peaceful as the most safest place to live in nigeria,
my question still remains,WHY is the refi,ery not cited in ss to atleast compensate the ss region for their contribution to the developement ofthis state called nigeria for decades with their God given natural resource thtwould being more beneficial ti them alone than the sharing adopted for ages.
tht is why i strongly believe the north wouldnt want the national confab to see the light of the day...
. I would blame the sw for siting the refinery in their region coz they have no hand in it,but i blame pmb & dangote coz they feel insecured siting in tht ss region tht even has the oil tht will be refined in the so called refinery,,
. THE FG & DANGOTE SHOULD RELOCATE THT REFINERY TO SS COZ THEY CANNOT AFTER DECADES OF MILKING THE SS OIL NOW DECIDE TO BUILD A FG/ DANGOTE PARTNERSHIP REFINERY IN SW when the oil to be refined there is cuming frim the ss.,
if they are scared of restivity in delta,bayelsa,rivers,then they should site it the peaceful state of akwa-ibom..
the ss should be aware of all this injustice going on in the country & also see the dangerous example & part the north & pmb is setting,
Finally,i wil conclude by telling pmb/ dangote tht we will resist every of their effort to cum milk crude from ss to refine in sw if they dont do the needful by relocating tht refinery to ss,afteral the north has taken over all the oil block in the oil rich region & still want to cripple the ss by tgis singlular act when Lagos is alreadya rich state....
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki And Ekweremadu Leave Court After Meeting Bail Conditions / Atiku At Adamawa PDP Mega Rally (Video, Photos) / Awka On Fire: INEC, Police Offices Attacked By Unknown Gunmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.