Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths (35644 Views)

Dialogue: Ijaw Elders Reject Clark’s Team / Soldiers Take Over Tompolo’s Residence, Father Escapes Arrest / How Jonathan,Governors,Service Chiefs Prevailed On Tompolo To Shelve Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by istella: 9:14am On Jan 26, 2016
LordAdam:

I'm replying you because you claim to be intelligent. So are you trying to say that the NA will kill 700 people in a massacre in the SS particularly Ijawland and nothing will happen? When were you born?

The shiites killing is being muted because over 80% of Nigerian muslims are Sunni muslims. For virtually all of the Sunni muslims including the ones on NL, the killing was deserved and that El-zakay had it coming.

But Ijaw people know the Tompolo hunt is ethnic and political so the region will not let any massacre slide. I assure you.

I had earlier opined that though it makes sense for Tompolo to go to court, I wouldn't advise him to. Now, I would rather he never goes to the court. They should do their worst!

It is now undoubtedly clear that those cases are framed to subdue him and the region. If not, why has EFCC not answered the case Tompolo filed against them in August. Why did they seize his accounts in August and then file a court case in December? How long is that? Why have the civil servants and director generals in the agencies in land n survey, bureau of acquisitions, niger delta ministry, ministry of finance, audit agency (apart from the Ijaw NIMASA guy) not being tried and arrested for giving off such huge contracts. Did Tompolo arrange and sign the contracts by himself?

I refuse to be fooled by the corruption tag. Tompolo should resist arrest for as long as he can. Let the military go ahead with razing the communities and let the countdown to the end of Nigeria begin.

They should issue a bench warrant for Lamorde who diverted N1tr. Bastards!

What have we gained from this hellish union that we would be blackmailed by some born-to-rule ethnic group. Screw PMB, APC, the North and the West.

-Lord

Adamawa Elders including Atiku should produce Lamorde

5 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by yaki84: 9:15am On Jan 26, 2016
tobimillar:

Na wah oo... dangote who owns the refinery decides to locate the refinery in Lagos you are complaining. Even if he locates the refinery in sambissa you have NO RIGHT to complain. Abi I fit complain if you decide to relocate your family to Lagos? It's your business right?

What every right thinking person should be asking is why can't state government in the south south build refineries and sell refined PMS to FG? What is stopping a state like Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Delta Cross River, Bayelsa etc from building refineries that will not only provide job opportunities for their citizens but also provide a source of revenue fo the states. AND PLEASE DON'T TELL ME STATES don't HAVE THE RESOURCES TO BUILD REFINERIES

what shud be asking is why do only the fed govt have powers to give license for states to build refineries?
akwaibom wants to, but the powers lies in the fed to give them the nod. even if u have 10 investors willing to build if fed govt dont give u license, u r on a long thing.
when we were talng devolution of powers, u think we were fools abi....
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by judex12: 9:17am On Jan 26, 2016
Fg is a joke how many boko haram suspect did borno elders handover to government?

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by olakan22: 9:17am On Jan 26, 2016
kaypound:
This is aiding and abetting criminality. If Tomopolo is wise he shouldn't allow his people to suffer for his sins. Odi village was razed down because of a few miscreants....and nothing happened to Nigeria or OBJ.
If you are not guilty then go and clear your name
Simple....
wòós wobí...I believe you didn't read through!
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by LordAdam: 9:21am On Jan 26, 2016
peacengine:

Was Ojukwu as daring as Jaja of Opobo or the Oba of Benin Kingdom that put up a hard struggle against the British? Niger Deltans are fearless by nature.

The problem with Igbos is their love for material wealth. The elders will never sacrifice their comfort for any struggle

I'm not going to compare them because both Jaja and the Oba met their demise at the hands of the British. I accept that NDs are fearless.

It is okay for Igbos to love their material wealth. The houses in a typical Igbo village are way better than the structures in a typical ND village. Their elders can sacrifice, they have done it before during the civil war.

The major failure of the Biafra struggle during the civil war was because Ojukwu did not consult his people, he did things single-handedly. He had the mentality of current Buhari and let his personal vendetta with Gowon get in the way of sound reasoning and logicality. I don't want to beat up a dead horse. However, I can say with a degree of certainty that one major problem of the east as far as the Biafra struggle is concerned right now is that they are not united.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by erico2k2(m): 9:22am On Jan 26, 2016
coolscott:

The true oil wells are no more in the ground and the Buhari and his divisive inclination does not understand that we southerners even know that ourselves.

Google's networth is $367billion. How many oil wells do they have? How many gold mines?

Wealth has long left the ground. The gold mines now reside in the minds of men
Even latest report says the Scottish offshore Wells are being scrap all together.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 26, 2016
kaypound:
This is aiding and abetting criminality. If Tomopolo is wise he shouldn't allow his people to suffer for his sins. Odi village was razed down because of a few miscreants....and nothing happened to Nigeria or OBJ.
Simple....
Let me illuminate your thoughts. Odi happened in 1999, then those guys have not gotten the amount of money or intelligence they have now. Don't be archaic do you think boko haram will survive a week if we were in 1999? How will they communicate? Technology have made everyone sophisticated. If I sense huge military presence 10km away from my village how will I communicate to my brothers that the army are approaching if it were to be 1999? But today what do you think will happen? Things have changed. Today there are so many ways to import arms unlike before when only the military had access to good ammunitions and the rest of us had hunter guns. If you have an Ak 47 and I also have an AK47 it only takes luck for who survives the ordeal. Do not forget at the beginning of the new millennium obasanjo was still president yet he couldn't end militant uprising why? Why did he not clear them like he did in Odi? Simple answer we now have ammunition even better. Is not going to as easy as you once thought. 1999-2016 is more than a decade.....

7 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by Marcelini(m): 9:24am On Jan 26, 2016
asadike:
Ohaneze umu anumanu should learn from ijaw elders and not speak from both side of d mouth. Afu oji, ejie, afu ocha acha.

I tell you. Ohaneze is a disgrace. Too many factions amongst them, each after their own selfish interests.

Imagine small Ijaw can unite and make a stand. They are fearless and resolute in pressing home their points.

Igbo toro ato.
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by KazeemDiary(m): 9:26am On Jan 26, 2016
"We wish to inform President Buhari that in the hearts and minds of every Niger Deltan lies an embryonic Tompolo waiting to hatch."

We in other regions of the country also wish to inform Niger Deltan leaders that nobody has the monopoly of violence and crass stupidity. There are many more people who are stronger and more violent than Government Tompolo but decided to distance themselves from heinous acts like kidnappings and pipeline vandalisation among others.

Be warned oooo.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by asamaigho(m): 9:28am On Jan 26, 2016
dats a careless talk from d fg....
i just hope there that there is not more to this tompolo arrest by d fg.

my advice to to itsekiri youth is to take a neutral position on this matter,so that no one plays a fast one on us.
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 26, 2016
mordsith:
“It is unfortunate that the
Presidency wants to handle the matter from this angle.
Which of the Northern elders did they tell to produce the
Boko Haram leaders that are bombing in their areas.

That tells you how clueless they are..
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by KingsWillRoyal: 9:40am On Jan 26, 2016
TimeManager:
This very first reaction is a good pointer to the fact that we now have a president who speaks & people listen, whose words carry powerful force of effect. FG doesn't ask them to arrest him rather assist the security agencies with the basic information that could lead to his arrest. Tompolo is only delaying his own arrest. This is buhari, & he has given back to our security agencies the balls which was missing under gej. With the heavy presence of soldiers in that community, trust me, they wn't return to the barracks without tompolo.

The truth has spoken!
Have PMB arrested Shekau? am just laughing here. you said you have crushed BH but their leader still walk tall. CHARADE!

3 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by ARIZONA123(m): 9:42am On Jan 26, 2016
Marcelini:

I tell you. Ohaneze is a disgrace. Too many factions amongst them, each after their own selfish interests.

Imagine small Ijaw can unite and make a stand. They are fearless and resolute in pressing home their points.

Igbo toro ato.
. For me. There is nothing ohanaeze. Those guyz are nt speaking for me
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by banki(m): 9:44am On Jan 26, 2016
Achuwa1:
The refinery is being funded by CBN,is like a ppuplic private partnership (ppp)..
Dangote is like just a co owner ..
Lagos is already congested & virtually all the crude oil tht will be refined there will be from ss.
so y not locate the refinery in the ss & save the cost of bringing crude down to refine in sw.
moreover,the ss needs the presence of tht refinery more than lagos coz ss tht has dis oil is still backward in terms of developement coz their God given resources is shared among states tht have little or no contribution they make to federal cofers,,,

Keep lying to yourself!

How is the refinary funded by cbn?
Why do you guys enjoy lying?

Nobody stopped people like tompolo or Tonye Cole from building refinaries in the south south!

When the fedral government fixed warri refinary 3weeks ago and it was bombed!

Who suffered? The community and the people in the niger delta the people who earn a livelihood from the refinary

Asari dokubo had enough money to build a private university, he went across the border to build it yet he is fighting for the emancipation of the niger delta?

What if they bought aladja steel company (delta)turned it around and started building aircrafts ships oil vessels and equipment used for refinaries would anyone stop them?

Why do we condone nonsense?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by Marcelini(m): 9:46am On Jan 26, 2016
isnovic:
It is said that an elder has to use extreme care in killing a tsetse fly that decides to perch on the scrotum.
Firstly, illegality should not be encouraged!!!!

First and foremost, no sane person who is witnessing the impunity of the EFCC, the reckless disregard for right of the accused and sometimes the active connivance of the judges newly appointed by the present administration will believe that justice will be done by Tompolo.

Secondly, let the EFCC respect the accused right, obey all court orders then people will freely give themselves up for prosecution.

Thirdly, the militarization of the community is not in order howbeit, innocent persons should go about their business without fear of molestation.
If being molested, the Army and its leadership should be sued for breach of human right to life and peaceful existence.

In a more serious note, Niger Delta should hereby call for a commission of enquiry for the award of oil blocks since 1960 to present, in the Niger Delta as a matter of urgency.
All persons who own oil blocks, especially Generals should be investigated and the oil block confiscated by EFCC as by no stretch of imagination can they afford the acreage fee, let alone the sign on fee even if they were generals in 10 life time working from 18 years.

So the source of fund is dubious, if gratuitously given then the giver and the 'givee' should be held for corruption.

All wealth generated from mining the License should be ceased immediately.

Enough is enough.

Gbam!

This is the real corruption Buhari should be fighting against.

Those who shared Niger delta oil wealth amongst themselves, cronies, servants and even hair dressers( Alikijah?) should be all arrested and forced to vomit the yams they swallowed. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by salam1(m): 9:57am On Jan 26, 2016
EasternLion:

Remember some people are filing human right case against Buhari at ICC on 29th, do Odi again and let them get more evidence, even with all the human right abuse hanging on Buhari's head, you want him to do another one on a volatile area, do you people love that man Buhari at all, I have never seen wicked people like una.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR BUHARI TO BE CHARGED AT THE ICC?

http://venturesafrica.com/what-does-it-mean-for-buhari-to-be-charged-to-icc/
if u r sensible enough u would v written to d ICC to cage Jonathan not even prosecute, cage him directly. face reality and stop Dis sentiment of urs.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by ashjay001(m): 10:04am On Jan 26, 2016
LordAdam:

I'm replying you because you claim to be intelligent. So are you trying to say that the NA will kill 700 people in a massacre in the SS particularly Ijawland and nothing will happen? When were you born?

The shiites killing is being muted because over 80% of Nigerian muslims are Sunni muslims. For virtually all of the Sunni muslims including the ones on NL, the killing was deserved and that El-zakay had it coming.

But Ijaw people know the Tompolo hunt is ethnic and political so the region will not let any massacre slide. I assure you.

I had earlier opined that though it makes sense for Tompolo to go to court, I wouldn't advise him to. Now, I would rather he never goes to the court. They should do their worst!

It is now undoubtedly clear that those cases are framed to subdue him and the region. If not, why has EFCC not answered the case Tompolo filed against them in August. Why did they seize his accounts in August and then file a court case in December? How long is that? Why have the civil servants and director generals in the agencies in land n survey, bureau of acquisitions, niger delta ministry, ministry of finance, audit agency (apart from the Ijaw NIMASA guy) not being tried and arrested for giving off such huge contracts. Did Tompolo arrange and sign the contracts by himself?

I refuse to be fooled by the corruption tag. Tompolo should resist arrest for as long as he can. Let the military go ahead with razing the communities and let the countdown to the end of Nigeria begin.

They should issue a bench warrant for Lamorde who diverted N1tr. Bastards!

What have we gained from this hellish union that we would be blackmailed by some born-to-rule ethnic group. Screw PMB, APC, the North and the West.

-Lord

Mr Intelligentnista!
Odi happened and nothing happened!
John Togo was hunted and killed and his corpse was exhumed to confirm his death!
Civil war happened and Nigeria still remains one!

PMB(d Bastard) has doubled dared u and urs! He says u're mincemeat compared to BH! The bastards are going to re-organize and deal with u! I'm still waiting for Tompolo's usual boastful reply. He has not even started and d creeks are emptying and ur leaders are screaming ignorance, denials n innocence.

Don't worry, be patient, as Tompolo's time is presently knocking, Larmode's time will surely come!

2 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 26, 2016
yaki84:

what shud be asking is why do only the fed govt have powers to give license for states to build refineries?
akwaibom wants to, but the powers lies in the fed to give them the nod. even if u have 10 investors willing to build if fed govt dont give u license, u r on a long thing.
when we were talng devolution of powers, u think we were fools abi....

Is that your excuse?? PDP was at the centre for 16 years Same with ALL south south states (except Rivers state during the last few months of Amaechi), so what is the excuse?

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by JKisOK(m): 10:17am On Jan 26, 2016
NIGERIA, THE MORE YOU LOOK, THE LESS YOU SEE. FOR ALL THOSE PMB AND APC FOLKS, PLEASE, CHECK THIS OUT...
• “What I know is that Tompolo made many enemies when he worked for the Federal Government to guard the pipelines. He burnt illegal refineries, razed boats and these people are not happy. He has been a partner to the government all this while, that is why we called for a political solution to the matter.”
• “We call on President Buhari not to be deceived by a few pipelines surveillance contract seekers.
• “It may interest you to know that Tompolo is a strong member of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, even in defeat. Unlike some elements of the party from our region that are bread and butter members.
• Tompolo alleged that the APC- led government persuaded him to decamp to its fold. The party until date, did not refute his assertion.
• “Suddenly, the EFCC froze the bank account of Global West Vessels Limited. The management of the company initiated an action against EFCC in court. The agency bluntly refused to file a defence, only for the agency to file charges against him in another Federal High Court. The question we will like to ask is: Is Tompolo the chief executive or the Managing Director of Global West Vessels Limited? Assuming, for the purpose of argument, that Global Vessels Limited committed financial crime, is Tompolo the alter ego of the company? The EFCC invitation and subsequent harassment and persecution of Tompolo goes beyond what meets the eye.”
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by isnovic(m): 10:18am On Jan 26, 2016
Marcelini:

Gbam!

This is the real corruption Buhari should be fighting against.

Those who shared Niger delta oil wealth amongst themselves, cronies, servants and even hair dressers( Alikijah?) should be all arrested and forced to vomit the yams they swallowed. grin

Abi O! my brother.
First start from there.
The ND must insist on this one item.

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 26, 2016
kaypound:
Simple....

Assuming you're in the elder's shoes, how would you begin to find Tompolo? You think OBJ would go scot free for his atrocities? Relax, he'd get his full measure, last I checked, karma never fails.
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by madenigga(m): 10:20am On Jan 26, 2016
KazeemDiary:
"We wish to inform President Buhari that in the hearts and minds of every Niger Deltan lies an embryonic Tompolo waiting to hatch."

We in other regions of the country also wish to inform Niger Deltan leaders that nobody has the monopoly of violence and crass stupidity. There are many more people who are stronger and more violent than Government Tompolo but decided to distance themselves from heinous acts like kidnappings and pipeline vandalisation among others.

Be warned oooo.
Why e dae vex u now?
Did ijaw people come to the North to drag land or resources with u, why una want die on top there matter ?

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by Luckylife(m): 10:21am On Jan 26, 2016
mordsith:
“It is unfortunate that the
Presidency wants to handle the matter from this angle.
Which of the Northern elders did they tell to produce the
Boko Haram leaders that are bombing in their areas.
are we the only few wise men stating the double standards in this county that some are more sacred cows than others. There is god ooooh!
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by deandavid(m): 10:26am On Jan 26, 2016
tobimillar:

Na wah oo... dangote who owns the refinery decides to locate the refinery in Lagos you are complaining. Even if he locates the refinery in sambissa you have NO RIGHT to complain. Abi I fit complain if you decide to relocate your family to Lagos? It's your business right?

What every right thinking person should be asking is why can't state government in the south south build refineries and sell refined PMS to FG? What is stopping a state like Akwa-ibom, Rivers, Delta Cross River, Bayelsa etc from building refineries that will not only provide job opportunities for their citizens but also provide a source of revenue fo the states. AND PLEASE DON'T TELL ME STATES don't HAVE THE RESOURCES TO BUILD REFINERIES
DO THE NIGER DELTA LEADERS AND GOVERNORS HAVE BRAINS? THEY DONT ALL THEY THINK OF IS TO MAKE MONEY FOR THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILIES. THINKING OF MAKING MONEY AVAILABLE FOR THE STATE AND CREATING JOBS IS NEVER IN THEIR REASONING, INCLUDING ALL THEIR ADVISERS. AM A NIGER DELTAN AND I KNOW ABOUT OUR LEADERS, THEY EXACTLY LIKE GEJ (CLUELESS)

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:28am On Jan 26, 2016
kentAire:

D guy dey vex me die.
Yoruba hausa protect their own,
Make ijaws tender our own.
God forbid make heaven fall instead.
Ahhhhh IZON !!!
If I say make hand of Devil slap you people go say Barcanista don vex. But I no go talk am.

You no fit use your brain? All the good people of Ijaw nation including Chief Tompolo, Bayelsa Elders, IYC(and affiliates) condemned the carnage, you carry ya big head de ginger when you are nowhere near the scene. Them forbid you to claim responsibility and direct soldiers to your house? Them forbid you to carry dynamite blow pipeline? Abi dem amputate you?

Ijaw elders de say no be their job to produce Tompolo to stand trial(EFCC case) which is true. Wetin concern Barcanista inside? Shey na walking stick them go use bring am? You no de use your brain? Which kind Ijaw pikin you be sef?

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by chukyjones(m): 10:39am On Jan 26, 2016
kenny987:
I am glad Ijaw elders and sane Nigerians can see clearly the underhand tactics of this Northern govt to further rape and weaken the South with Federal might but the firm resolve of a people will checkmate them. People had better wake up and defend their tribes and lands because this government is purely operating along ethnic and religious divides.

@asadike, thank you for calling out our 'dear' Ohaneze! Ha n'amata na a dikota onu nyuo mammiri o gba ofufu! Ne ka ha si a gba nkiti ala Igbo nke anyi a n'emebi ma ndi ozo ne kwutere nke ha!

asadike:
Ohaneze umu anumanu should learn from ijaw elders and not speak from both side of d mouth. Afu oji, ejie, afu ocha acha.

udo
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by x12345678x: 10:51am On Jan 26, 2016
KingTom:
so that touts will block it and hold him to ransom Abi. So that Ill mannered mindless Neanderthals will bomb the refinery because they are not receiving thief monthly "salary" I think Lagos or anywhere away from the creeks is advisable. Crs and Akws ibom are also good options
Do well to avoid the oil from the "Ill-mannered neanderthal thieving region". And please do tell us how ur region can help this country from now on, we are done taking care of u n yet looked down upon with disdain. God bless you
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by x12345678x: 10:58am On Jan 26, 2016
huptin:

Dangote should bring his refinery to the SS, so that Tompolo and his ilk can bomb it to the ground any time they need money? And so that people like you can defend him for doing so? Who paid Dangote for the trailers that were burnt in Onitsha, You can't eat your cake and have it. If you want development, you will need to first cultivate the habit of peace and call out criminal elements among you.
How many of the existing refineries in d ss have been bombed?

1 Like

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by KingTom(m): 11:00am On Jan 26, 2016
x12345678x:

Do well to avoid the oil from the "Ill-mannered neanderthal thieving region". And please do tell us how ur region can help this country from now on, we are done taking care of u n yet looked down upon with disdain. God bless you
Oga sawara you would do well to take care of yourselves not me. Your oil is not what put me through med school, your oyel is not what gave me a degree and your oyel is definitely not what pays my bills. Your oyel however is what has destroyed your mangrove forests your oyel is what has rendered your region a war zone. So sir I suggest you use your oyel to take care of yourself not me. God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by free13: 11:17am On Jan 26, 2016
MendeZ:
WARRI—IJAW elders in Delta State, yesterday, said it was impracticable for them to hand over the former General Officer Commanding, GOC, of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, MEND, Government Ekpemupolo, alias Tompolo, to security agencies because they neither have the power to do so nor know his (Tompolo) whereabouts currently.

They also said that they do not have any information that Tompolo was involved in the three-day bombing of crude oil and gas pipelines in the state, while many see the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC’s case against him as a form of persecution.

The Federal Government, last weekend, asked Ijaw communities to hand over suspects  involved in the bombing, alleged to be hiding in their areas, to security agencies, while the Joint Task Force, JTF, had earlier threatened to hold community leaders responsible for further acts of pipeline vandalism in their communities.

Chairman, Ijaw (Izon) Okosu –Otu (Ijaw Council of Elders), Delta State, Chief Bare Etolor, said, “It is unfair for the Federal Government to ask Ijaw communities to handover suspects that carried out the bombing because we do not know them. In addition, I do not see how anybody expects us to handover Tompolo to security agencies because we do not have the power to do that, except they want to humiliate us.”

Another Ijaw leader in Gbaramatu Kkingdom, Chief Godspower Gbenekame, who re-echoed Etolor’s position, said it was impossible for them to handover Tompolo to the government.

Some Niger Delta and Ijaw youth groups, including the Niger Delta Security Watch Organszation of Nigeria, NWSON and Ijaw People’s Development Initiative, IPDI, threw their weight behind the elders, saying that the understanding of many Ijaw people was that the government was persecuting Tompolo because he refused to join the All Progressives Congress, APC.

However, Executive Director of Centre for the Vulnerable and Underprivileged, CENTREP, Warri, Delta State, Mr. Oghenjabor Ikimi, said there was nothing wrong in the residents of the affected areas and ex-militants giving useful information to security agencies to unmask the culprits.

We don’t know the bombers —Chief Etolor

*Tompolo
Chief Etolor told Vanguard: “It is unfortunate that the Presidency wants to handle the matter from this angle. Which of the Northern elders did they tell to produce the Boko Haram leaders that are bombing in their areas. So, why are they telling us to handover people who bombed pipelines here?

“If they know the person that did it and ask us to help produce the person and we see him, we can assist with information if we have any. How can anybody say Ijaw leaders should handover suspects? We do not know who did it.

“It is not right. Even if they tell us the person, we do not have arms to arrest anybody. What they are doing is to make us not to have confidence in this government. What power do we have over armed militants? We can only talk to them as elders, not arrest them with guns.

“I am not supporting criminality. In fact, anybody among us, the Ijaw elders, can be a victim anytime. It is difficult for us to produce Tompolo. If they cannot see him with all their intelligence, where do they expect us to see him? I have not even seen Tompolo myself for ages.”

On his part, Chief Gbenekame said, “How can you say we should hand over Tompolo to the EFCC, are we security agents? If he had dealings with EFCC, they should arrest him. Why are they calling Gbaramatu elders?

“What I know is that Tompolo made many enemies when he worked for the Federal Government to guard the pipelines. He burnt illegal refineries, razed boats and these people are not happy. He has been a partner to the government all this while, that is why we called for a political solution to the matter.”

Meanwhile,  Niger Delta Secuity Watch Organisation of Nigeria, NSWON and Ijaw People’s Development Initiative, IPDI, in a joint statement by their leaders, Dickson Bekederemo and Austin Ozobo, said: “The people of Niger Delta and the ljaw in particular are not at war with President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration. However, the ljaw will never sacrifice their bravest to satisfy the quest for neo-colonialism. When the moment comes, we shall stand with Tompolo.

“We believe that what the Federal Government wants to do is a repeat of what the Russians did to Poland during World War II, kill the bravest of their braves, the rest is history. We wish to inform President Buhari that in the hearts and minds of every Niger Deltan lies an embryonic Tompolo waiting to hatch.

“We call on President Buhari not to be deceived by a few pipelines surveillance contract seekers. There was Judea, yet Christ resurrected from the dead. There were traitors, yet Allah protected Prophet Mohammed in the cave with a cob web when people led his enemies to capture him.

“It may interest you to know that Tompolo is a strong member of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, even in defeat. Unlike some elements of the party from our region that are bread and butter members. Tompolo alleged that the APC- led government persuaded him to decamp to its fold. The party until date, did not refute his assertion.

“Suddenly, the EFCC froze the bank account of Global West Vessels Limited. The management of the company initiated an action against EFCC in court. The agency bluntly refused to file a defence, only for the agency to file charges against him in another Federal High Court.

“The question we will like to ask is: Is Tompolo the chief executive or the Managing Director of Global West Vessels Limited? Assuming, for the purpose of argument, that Global Vessels Limited committed financial crime, is Tompolo the alter ego of the company? The EFCC invitation and subsequent harassment and persecution of Tompolo goes beyond what meets the eye.”

Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/why-we-cant-hand-over-tompolo-to-jtf-efcc-ijaw-elders-youths/
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by yaki84: 11:24am On Jan 26, 2016
tobimillar:

Is that your excuse?? PDP was at the centre for 16 years Same with ALL south south states (except Rivers state during the last few months of Amaechi), so what is the excuse?

bobo pdp didnt write the constitution, get that into ur thick skull!
Everything balls down to the constitution.
Re: Why We Can’t Hand Over Tompolo To JTF, EFCC —ijaw Elders, Youths by robosky02(m): 11:25am On Jan 26, 2016
this is unacceptable

why not ask the northan elders to first hand over Boko haram leader first hmmmmm

is this the most pressing need of the country or just witch hunting?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Supporters Clash With Journalists Over Images / Soldier Missing In Lagos For 4 Months, Army Remains Mute (Photos) / EFCC: We Are Ready To Re-Arraign Orji Kalu Immediately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.