Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,331 members, 7,850,185 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:58 PM

Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... (1710 Views)

Ladies, No Matter How Hot A Nigerian Guy Is, Never Ask Him Out / Ladies If You Were To Ask A Guy Out, What Lines Or Moves Would You Make? / Ladies This Is How To Ask A Nigerian Guy Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by InformedLola(f): 8:28pm On Jan 26, 2016
A friend learnt the hard way, see her story below:

There was this guy in my neighborhood that I had a massive crush on. It was so serious that I could barely spend five minutes at a time without fantasizing about him. The problem was he never seemed to notice me or have the same interest in me. Now there is nothing unattractive about me, in fact, I am a really good looking young lady and ‘naturally endowed’… believe me, I don’t need squats. I attributed his lack of interest to the fact that he is many years older than me, about 27 while I am 21. Also, he is a working-class and I’m still a student.

I felt he saw me as a small girl and each time I come across him in the neighborhood (which was never accidental as I was always hanging around his house) he would respond to my greeting with an absent-minded “how are you, my dear” which always hurt me.
So one day, I decided to take matters into my own hands; to take the bull by the horn and ride it forcefully. I could not stand suffering in silence much longer. That fateful night, I planted myself close to his house, I knew the time he usually came back from work, and loitered there in ambush for him for a full twenty minutes! I was in the most provocative clothes I could dare leave my house in without raising eyebrows; a very tight knee-length skirt that hugged my hips like die and a sleeveless tank top that exposed a bit of my small breasts. I also made up my face to even look more beautiful.

Finally he came strolling towards the gate of his house, as usual he was dressed semi-formally in long-sleeved shirt and trousers. My heart beat wildly as I approached him.
“Good evening Brother Tee.”
“How are you, my dear.”

But I planted myself in front of him this time around and playfully placed my hands on my hips, acting as if I was angry. “You don’t use to smile at someone self.”
That was how I was able to get his attention, I mean truly get his attention. I saw his eyes light up as though he was seeing me for the first time, they lingered on the hands I placed on my hips or was it the hips themselves?

We exchanged a few pleasantries and I asked if I could come and visit him some time, and he agreed, saying anytime on Saturday. We even exchanged numbers. I was overjoyed and congratulated myself for being bold enough to finally give him the hint that I liked him. Okay, it was more than just a hint.

But just today, all this joy and excitement came crashing down into depression. A friend, and not even a close friend, called and told me how she had heard from someone that I was a lose girl, that I had toasted Brother Tee and asked him to invite him to his room for a good time, that I wanted him to have sex with me. That she couldn’t believe I could descend so low and wanted to confirm from me.

I was devastated when I heard all this. It is obvious that Bro Tee had discussed our conversation with someone and had painted me so cheaply. Now I wished I had never dared to do what I did. I feel so cheap and useless now. Since that girl heard about it, many people must have heard about it too in the neighborhood.

How can I redeem myself?

Source: http://madamsabisabi..com.ng/2016/01/never-ask-guy-out-heres-why.html

2 Likes

Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by Theyveedo(m): 8:33pm On Jan 26, 2016
eiya sorry ooo
Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 26, 2016
Since he doesnt bliv u

Leave him

cry cry cry cry many people can lie against u cos dey dnt want to see u happy av been tru dat still goin tru dat

1 Like

Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 26, 2016
Since he doesnt bliv u

Leave him

cry cry cry cry many people can lie against u cos dey dnt want to see u happy av been tru dat still goin tru dat.
Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by chigoizie7(m): 8:39pm On Jan 26, 2016
All these witches parading demselves on NL, causing confusion here and dere. What is wrong about asking a guy out kwa?

Na so u de take do ur own toasting? If na me be d guy, I no go even talk to u sef.

If a guy should approach you in that manner,how would u feel?

Was it not the same way u tell your friends how one jobless boy has been trying to chyke u, professing love for u, but that the only thing he wants is your punny?

Abeg park well joor

1 Like

Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 26, 2016
She now has a glimpse of what guys go thru to get a girl, especially when the girls turn around to bad-mouth them to their friends!

2 Likes

Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by crismark(m): 9:00pm On Jan 26, 2016
bold step but dnt jst jump into conclusion........some guyz re amebo as well buh he may really like u
Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 26, 2016
Serves you right, na only Brother Tee dey that area, wah about that guy uf friend zoned for years. na im head catch you. grin

Anyways, Get yourself another boyfriend and forget about your crush. Am not so sure your image can be redeemed.
Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by ronald4lif(m): 9:11pm On Jan 26, 2016
How are you sure he's the one who revealed to your friend that you were making moves at him? The info might have been leaked by you knowing how loquacious some of you ladies are.

And your personal experience doesn't mean ladies shouldn't ask guys out, it didn't work for you doesn't mean it won't for others.

You never even did asked him out, you were rather trying to seduce him. You dressed in an attire that exposed your body and behave in a lewd manner in your approach. That's not the way to ask a guy out. Seduction is different from wooing.

Besides, what's wrong with rejection? Why do you ladies feels frightened of rejection but ditches it out daily to guys? undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by craleonic: 9:11pm On Jan 26, 2016
That's why one has to be wise. These days you on 'yellow light' and not 'green light'. Sorry it's too late to redeem yourself. Just wait for things to die down. You'll be fine.
Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by MrCork: 9:13pm On Jan 26, 2016
InformedLola:
A friend learnt the hard way, see her story below:

There was this guy in my neighborhood that I had a massive crush on. It was so serious that I could barely spend five minutes at a time without fantasizing about him. The problem was he never seemed to notice me or have the same interest in me. Now there is nothing unattractive about me, in fact, I am a really good looking young lady and ‘naturally endowed’… believe me, I don’t need squats. I attributed his lack of interest to the fact that he is many years older than me, about 27 while I am 21. Also, he is a working-class and I’m still a student.

I felt he saw me as a small girl and each time I come across him in the neighborhood (which was never accidental as I was always hanging around his house) he would respond to my greeting with an absent-minded “how are you, my dear” which always hurt me.
So one day, I decided to take matters into my own hands; to take the bull by the horn and ride it forcefully. I could not stand suffering in silence much longer. That fateful night, I planted myself close to his house, I knew the time he usually came back from work, and loitered there in ambush for him for a full twenty minutes! I was in the most provocative clothes I could dare leave my house in without raising eyebrows; a very tight knee-length skirt that hugged my hips like die and a sleeveless tank top that exposed a bit of my small breasts. I also made up my face to even look more beautiful.

Finally he came strolling towards the gate of his house, as usual he was dressed semi-formally in long-sleeved shirt and trousers. My heart beat wildly as I approached him.
“Good evening Brother Tee.”
“How are you, my dear.”

But I planted myself in front of him this time around and playfully placed my hands on my hips, acting as if I was angry. “You don’t use to smile at someone self.”
That was how I was able to get his attention, I mean truly get his attention. I saw his eyes light up as though he was seeing me for the first time, they lingered on the hands I placed on my hips or was it the hips themselves?

We exchanged a few pleasantries and I asked if I could come and visit him some time, and he agreed, saying anytime on Saturday. We even exchanged numbers. I was overjoyed and congratulated myself for being bold enough to finally give him the hint that I liked him. Okay, it was more than just a hint.

But just today, all this joy and excitement came crashing down into depression. A friend, and not even a close friend, called and told me how she had heard from someone that I was a lose girl, that I had toasted Brother Tee and asked him to invite him to his room for a good time, that I wanted him to have sex with me. That she couldn’t believe I could descend so low and wanted to confirm from me.

I was devastated when I heard all this. It is obvious that Bro Tee had discussed our conversation with someone and had painted me so cheaply. Now I wished I had never dared to do what I did. I feel so cheap and useless now. Since that girl heard about it, many people must have heard about it too in the neighborhood.

How can I redeem myself?

Source: http://madamsabisabi..com.ng/2016/01/never-ask-guy-out-heres-why.html

..ok..you advisin women not to ask guys out coss another woman theiif your man...Abi?....sweeery you need teraphy!! (No ofeense)! undecided
Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by craleonic: 9:13pm On Jan 26, 2016
sickstars:
Since he doesnt bliv u

Leave him

cry cry cry cry many people can lie against u cos dey dnt want to see u happy av been tru dat still goin tru dat

Ma'am she didn't say anything about him not believing her.
Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by Greenbullet(m): 10:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
op,why does your friend want to waste her parents money after they suffered for her to go to school by parting with their hard earned money ,now instead of finishing first class she wants to date a man who she knows will surely dump you. I pity for her parents because her school fees is enough to rent a shop and start a buisness.

1 Like

Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 26, 2016
Lol chyking gone bad.

You are a woman not a man olodo. Let social media guys be deceiving you.
Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 26, 2016
MrCork:

..ok..you advisin women not to ask guys out coss another woman theiif your man...Abi?....sweeery you need teraphy!! (No ofeense)! undecided
shocked Cork you actually said somethin' that makes sense.
And You didn't say her issue was not bein' light skin.
You're actin' somewhat mature.
If I hadn't seen the blue type and checked the moniker,I wouldna known it was you.
Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by Richardonald(m): 10:55pm On Jan 26, 2016
I no blame u na d tyme Eritrea saga hit una then u wil know dat if this one does not work u try check other... What do women think when dem get rejection, do they think it easy for we men
Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by Richardonald(m): 10:56pm On Jan 26, 2016
I no blame u na d tyme Eritrea saga hit una then u wil know dat if this one does not work u try check other... What do women think when dem get rejection, do they think it easy for we men too
Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by MrCork: 11:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
QueenValerie:
shocked Cork you actually said somethin' that makes sense.
And You didn't say her issue was not bein' light skin.
You're actin' somewhat mature.
If I hadn't seen the blue type and checked the moniker,I wouldna known it was you.

...why do you all ways make my 17inches looooong *kondo* standddup eveertime you say sometin nice to me?....you too nice to me & I ain't use to women being nice to me...I think I will make you my baby mama!! smiley

1 Like

Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 26, 2016
MrCork:

...why do you all ways make my 17inches looooong *kondo* standddup eveertime you say sometin nice to me?....you too nice to me & I ain't use to women being nice to me...I think I will make you my baby mama!! smiley
As pretty as our babies would be Cork, I don't relish the idea of bein' a unwed mother.
So I'll pass.
Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by MrCork: 11:45pm On Jan 26, 2016
QueenValerie:
As pretty as our babies would be Cork, I don't relish the idea of bein' a unwed mother.
So I'll pass.

angry
Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by kirchofff(m): 11:46pm On Jan 26, 2016
U didn't chyke him, u appeared like someone who desperately needs d!ck in her life..........and dat uncle tee isn't mature o if he really revealed dat ish
Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 26, 2016
MrCork:

angry
Lol grin.What now Cork?
Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by lilmax(m): 11:51pm On Jan 26, 2016
Now you know what guys go through undecided
Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by harryking3: 12:06am On Jan 27, 2016
Bleep...i hate it
Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by MrCork: 12:32am On Jan 27, 2016
QueenValerie:
Lol grin.What now Cork?

..it's 11.30pm here in London....so what you wearing? smiley
Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by Nobody: 12:37am On Jan 27, 2016
MrCork:

..it's 11.30pm here in London....so what you wearing? smiley
It's 5:35 in Texas.
And I think I'd like ta know what you're wearin'?
Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by MrCork: 12:42am On Jan 27, 2016
QueenValerie:
It's 5:35 in Texas.
And I think I'd like ta know what you're wearin'?

....texas?...you in texas near lagos nigeria...abi?....sweeery stop lyin mennnnm....STOPPPPIT.....anyways..Am sitting naaaaaaaked in front of the fan...but not too close! smiley
Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 27, 2016
MrCork:

....texas?...you in texas near lagos nigeria...abi?....sweeery stop lyin mennnnm....STOPPPPIT.....anyways..Am sitting naaaaaaaked in front of the fan...but not too close! smiley
Cork,I'm Afro American.I live in the US state of Texas,not Nigeria.
Honestly I didn't know Nigeria had a place called Texas unless you where messin' with me.
Why the goodness are you infront of a fan,it's winter.
And put some clothes on before you type ta me! grin

1 Like

Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by Nobody: 1:09am On Jan 27, 2016
After dresing provocatively
see your manner of approach sef. Like a slut
and you want to be taken seriously.
I think the guy is a gentleman
COs if he was a ruggedman your story for dey different

1 Like

Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by Strahovski1(m): 1:27am On Jan 27, 2016
Food is ready...

When I am wailing 88% of ladies are hoes.. one asshole will quote me to spew trash...

The lady is a potential hoe.. infact.. a hoe!
Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by Youngpo413: 1:29am On Jan 27, 2016
lilmax:
Now you know what guys go through undecided
lol
Re: Never Ask A Guy Out. Here's Why... by Nobody: 1:46am On Jan 27, 2016
Speechless3:
Lol chyking gone bad.

You are a woman not a man olodo. Let social media guys be deceiving you.
There is nothing wrong in a lady toasting a man

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Freshets Nigga On Nairaland / I Am S*x Starved, Woman Tells Court / 52 Cheerful Happy Birthday Messages To Send To Your Friends And Loved Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.