Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode (18906 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Calls Hameed Ali "Ugly Little Monkey" (Snapshot) / "Karma Caught Up With Obama" - Fani-Kayode / Lagosians Groan Over Darkness And Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by joseph1832(m): 9:41am On Jan 27, 2016
phranseeqz:

Being objective is really hard especially when one is/was personally affected. Though the write-up was insightful, it was biased.
It concludes that there are many sides to a story but only one is true.
Any idea where I can get that book?
You can get it at your local book store or your local road side book seller. You should also try and get "The Making of an African Legend" by Fredrick Forsythe. Its about the Biafran war. Its very detailed.

Have you read "There Was A Country" by Chinua Achebe? Or even OBJ's book titles "Nzwegwu"? Brother, if you read all this books you'll know there is nothing insightful about what FFK wrote up there. He's just spreading half truths and his narrow mindedness.

For the fact that he omitted Adewale Ademoyega's name shows that his bias is unprecedented.
Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by smartwilly4eva: 9:46am On Jan 27, 2016
Pavarottii:
Nice info. Clearing out some air, for the youths that don't have such information.

FFK cool

just history and for those that were not in that era
Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 9:53am On Jan 27, 2016
porshuch:
I think this your quote can't work on this century, the social media, camera phones etc just thwarted this your quote. grin
What you dont realize is that it is even worse.
A picture is ever open to interpretation and re-interpretation.
Same with video.
Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 27, 2016
MyGeneration:
Am an Igbo man.
To me d coup plotters deserved what they got, but my only grouse about the coup is why would d northern populace attack civilians that have nothing to do with the coup?

The Igbo civilians even deserved what they got from the Northerners than the coup plotters. How? As usual, the Igbo civilians started celebrating with the dead pictures of Northerners' leaders on the streets....

They danced and celebrated the wickedness and stupidity of their fellow Igbo brothers on the streets of Kano and Kaduna before law of Karma catched up with them.

The Igbo community in Kano started the infamous pogrom by calling and insulting all the Northerners to their faces with all sort of name calling at every slightest opportunity. If you doubt me, take a look at Igbos' attitude in South West today towards their Yoruba host and tell me what you think. They did the same thing in the North but were fiercely met with well deserved violence which led to their death; the result of their stupidity, arrogance and selfishness was brutal.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by Goke7: 10:04am On Jan 27, 2016
omenka:
Lmao!! cheesy

He's gradually withdrawing from the far left and drifting towards the center. Very soon, he would arrive at far right and complete what I'd like to call The Political Cycle of FFK!!

Trust me, those guys who have been looking up to him as their hero since Baba was sworn in with his scathing criticism borne out of nothing but sheer frustration at the loss of his free meal tickets would start observing him with some dash of cynicism. cheesy

FFK, ride on! grin

with what metuh is going thru, ffk has no choice than to simmer, his call for the release of kanu and zaaky has suddenly disappeared grin

1 Like

Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by phranseeqz(m): 10:08am On Jan 27, 2016
joseph1832:
You can get it at your local book store or your local road side book seller. You should also try and get "The Making of an African Legend" by Fredrick Forsythe. Its about the Biafran war. Its very detailed.

Have you read "There Was A Country" by Chinua Achebe? Or even OBJ's book titles "Nzwegwu"? Brother, if you read all this books you'll know there is nothing insightful about what FFK wrote up there. He's just spreading half truths and his narrow mindedness.

For the fact that he omitted Adewale Ademoyega's name shows that his bias is unprecedented.

I'll go search for them. But hope 'Nzegwu' is more credible than 'my command'?
Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by Tugbus(m): 10:11am On Jan 27, 2016
frank113:
This 1966 coup was a plan between the northern military personnel and the eastern military personnel to kill the northern and Eastern prominent military personnel. The killing of the Northern high ranked military men were nearly successful and the esaterners wasn't which led to the massive killings of the ibos in the north that led to the war . stop believing what you don't know and not be deceived by anybody.Go and read the history of Nigeria, look for books like 'THERE WAS A COUNTRY' BY WOLE SOYINKA

Oga Chinua Achebe wrote "there was a country" not Soyinka.
FFK's write up is devoid of the truth on what really happened.Very biased.
Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by phranseeqz(m): 10:11am On Jan 27, 2016
FolarinLondon:

The Igbo civilians even deserved what they got from the Northerners than the coup plotters. How? As usual, the Igbo civilians started celebrating with the dead pictures of Northerners' leaders on the streets....

They danced and celebrated the wickedness and stupidity of their fellow Igbo brothers on the streets of Kano and Kaduna before law of Karma catched up with them.

The Igbo community in Kano started the infamous pogrom by calling and insulting all the Northerners to their faces with all sort of name calling at every slightest opportunity. If you doubt me, take a look at Igbos' attitude in South West today towards their Yoruba host and tell me what you think. They did the same thing in the North but were fiercely met with well deserved violence which led to their death; the result of their stupidity, arrogance and selfishness was brutal.....

Haba! U sound like you were there.
Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by ndcide(m): 10:14am On Jan 27, 2016
FFK's kinsmen didn't insult him on this thread. Why?

1 Like

Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by deathmen12: 10:19am On Jan 27, 2016
Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by Tugbus(m): 10:21am On Jan 27, 2016
FolarinLondon:

Oga,on whose account did you read that the igbo's were celebrating the coup in the streets of Kano and Kaduna?? I want to also read it to get informed.

Or you just came up with that to defend an inhuman act against armless and innocent civilians??

No wonder karma has also decided to descend on the northerners through their brothers Boko haram.They are dying like fowls everywhere even in their worship places.

Karma is indeed a b*tch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by emi14: 10:30am On Jan 27, 2016
I am from south east . If what FFK penciled down here is truth it means those animals that carried out such brutal acts deserve punishment and currently burning in hell fire. I have never heard such detailed information about 1966 coup. But FFk didn't shed light on what caused them to be so brutal and reasons for the coup. Yet nobody has such rights to terminate life. My heart bleeds.

2 Likes

Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by joseph1832(m): 10:35am On Jan 27, 2016
phranseeqz:

I'll go search for them. But hope 'Nzegwu' is more credible than 'my command'?
My command? "My watch?" You mean?

1 Like

Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by yinkopet: 10:39am On Jan 27, 2016
Hmm....nice info passed explicitly...i op history shuld b a general course in all phase of education bcoz wen an individual doesnt av a comparative knowledge abt wat is apunin within him den he might b easily misguided nd misinformed......
Note: knowin evrytin abt sumtin isnt jst gud enuf but knowin sumtin abt evrytin is far beta.
Bravo ......
Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by coolhamid(m): 10:46am On Jan 27, 2016
This story is one sided...
Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by agog: 10:47am On Jan 27, 2016
Good article Femi

1 Like

Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by nokingasgod: 10:53am On Jan 27, 2016
byteHead:

http://leadership.ng/features/495421/night-darkness-law-karma

This is about the most sensible, reasonable thing from FFK!

1 Like

Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by rajeto: 11:01am On Jan 27, 2016
This piece is not new to many of us,even it seeme
varied from original actors accounts,Fani go and sit down,you are a big thief,Fani kayode belong to the group that looted Nigeria blind,that led to the death of many,the law of sowing and reaping shall fall on him,what about Theophilus Danjuma who also killed mercilessly,murdered ironsi in cold blooded nko?some of our leaders that causes military plan crashes nko?
Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 27, 2016
Tugbus:

Oga,on whose account did you read that the igbo's were celebrating the coup in the streets of Kano and Kaduna?? I want to also read it to get informed.

Or you just came up with that to defend an inhuman act against armless and innocent civilians??

No wonder karma has also decided to descend on the northerners through their brothers Boko haram.They are dying like fowls everywhere even in their worship places.

Karma is indeed a b*tch.

Then pick up some Nigeria history books and read....

You can even go on FFK page on Facebook to ask him about what i wrote up there. It was well documented....

Google "Igbo celebration after Ahmed Bello and others were mercilessly killed by Igbo soldiers......

You talked about Karma... Funny you!!! Karma had caught up with Igbos before civil war and after civil war. They lost millions of their kinsmen to that pogrom and civil war.... what more do you need to define a Karma if those numbers of Igbos were brutally killed as a result of sheer wickedness of their brothers in military.

The Karma is still in the gym doing press up for second round in the East, with Ipob in place just like Boko Haram in your midst in the East, Karma is here to stay. East could turn to NE in the next couple of months if Igbos are not smart enough to know what the Northerners are planning for them in eventuality of war or any mistake from Ipob activities

Ojukwu later realised that there was nothing he could have done to win the war. Go and watch a youtube video in which Ojukwu practically talked about i wrote here. Guess what, those political machineries and world power are still firmly in place for them to unleash on you if there is need for it tomorrow....

3 Likes

Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by Kandratya: 11:19am On Jan 27, 2016
Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 27, 2016
emi14:
I am from south east . If what FFK penciled down here is truth it means those animals that carried out such brutal acts deserve punishment and currently burning in hell fire. I have never heard such detailed information about 1966 coup. But FFk didn't shed light on what caused them to be so brutal and reasons for the coup. Yet nobody has such rights to terminate life. My heart bleeds.

Let me educate you a little bit as regards their reason for killing all these regional leaders mercilessly.

The 98% Igbo military officers with 1% Yoruba and 1% middle-belters claimed that CORRUPTION was the reason for the massacre. But guess what, the corrupt administration was led by Sir Tafawa Balewa and Nnamdi Azikiwe. The Igbo party led by Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe and Northerners party led by Sir Ahmadu Bello formed that corrupt cabinet with Igbos politicians and Northern politicians at Federal level while Yorubas were relegated to regional government as opposition party.

Ironically, guess who and who was killed during this merciless killing; it was Yoruba and Northern politicians and military officers that were mercilessly killed by Igbo coup plotters to pave way for an Igbo man in person of Aguiyi Ironsi to become a president. No single Igbo politician was killed my friend; the likes of Okpara, Nnamdi Azikiwe spiritually escaped the massacre..... let's imagine there is a coup today in Nigeria with 98% Yoruba military officers, loads of politicians from the East and North were killed by these Yoruba officers but Prof. Osibanjo, Fashola, Tinubu and other Yoruba politicians remain untouched, what would be Igbo reaction to this?

Finally, guess what the Igbo man did as soon as he came military president, he practically forced what is obtainable today in Nigeria which is Unitary system of government despite all pleas from the West and North. He single-handedly destroyed our regional system of government with that singular act. Karma has now turned the tide against Igbos.....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by bjdon: 11:38am On Jan 27, 2016
Congratulations to FFK for this write up.

It has long been a major bone of contention for me that we Nigerians don't seem to know our history. We are so caught up 'in the moment', that we rarely take time to ponder where we are coming from, what has happened before, and how that impacts what will happen in the future.

When we consider the first coup, the counter coup, the genocide in the North and the civil war, one thing comes out very clearly to me, that is violence only begets more violence and nobody has a monopoly of violence. Please to all those who shout 'War' from whichever part of the country you are, study the early history of Nigeria to see how violence can lead to even greater and unimagined levels of worse violence. Let us look for peaceful ways to resolve our grievances (justified as some of those grievances maybe)

Ghandhi won Indian independence from the British Empire without firing a shot, Dr King inspired by Ghandhi took the same approach for the battle for Black civil rights in the US. So whatever your cause, be it Biafra, Niger Delta, Shia.... try and embrace peaceful agitation. Too much blood has been split in the short life of this Nation

2 Likes

Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by lordyugo: 11:38am On Jan 27, 2016
FolarinLondon:

Cant believe ds frivolous write up came from an educated man( enlightened? obviously not). So in ur twisted sadistic mind d required punishment for taunting nd insulting someone should be violence and death?
And u still wonder why africa is messed up and am sure on Sundays ul be the first to go to church.
All ds self righteous hypoccrites
Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by zendy: 11:42am On Jan 27, 2016
Major Chukwuka lives in Enugu while Captain Nwobosi lives in his native Obosi near Onitsha. Both men fought galantly on the Biafran side. I don't condone coup plotting especially when it is against a democratially elected government. However, it should noted that Nzeogwu and co did not strike because all was well and good with Nigeria. There was serious political problems and killings in Nigeria that arose from the 1964 elections which continued in 1965. I believe that even if Nzeogwu and co had not conducted a coup, Nigeria would have still went down the road of violence.

2 Likes

Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by Caveatemptor(m): 11:45am On Jan 27, 2016
Fani Kayode rather conveniently forgot to tell the story of what happened between his fathers house and Chief Akintolas house.
When the mutineers/soldiers got to Chief Fani Kayodes house,he came out with his hands in the air and knelt down before the soldiers like a coward and begged for his life. Fani Kayode offered the soldiers money which they refused out right and were about to kill him when he offered to lead the soldiers to Chief Akintolas house in exchange for his life.
In fact it was Fani Kayode who led the soldiers to Chief Akintolas house and he sat in the army land rover while Chief Akintola was slaughtered that night in exchange for Remi gani Kayodes life.
Treachery and betrayal has always ran in the Fani Kayode lineage.
Young people need to read books on the civil war.It is our history,we need to read it so we are not misled by charlatans like Femi Fani Kayode.

2 Likes

Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 27, 2016
lordyugo:

Cant believe ds frivolous write up came from an educated man( enlightened? obviously not). So in ur twisted sadistic mind d required punishment for taunting nd insulting someone should be violence and death?
And u still wonder why africa is messed up and am sure on Sundays ul be the first to go to church.
All ds self righteous hypoccrites

What an hypocrite!!!

Taunt and insult me to your peril, what my reaction would be is not your business.

Everybody has every right to react to things as it pleases them. Why must Northerners react to the stupidity and wickedness of your worthless kinsmen with praise and celebration?

"To every action, there must be a reaction".

4 Likes

Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by lordyugo: 12:05pm On Jan 27, 2016
FolarinLondon:

What an hypocrite!!!

Taunt and insult me to your peril, what my reaction would be is not your business.

Everybody has every right to react to things as it pleases them. Why must Northerners react to the stupidity and wickedness of your worthless kinsmen with praise and celebration?

relax, cowards are quick to front themselves.
for d fact u r justifying genocide, not understanding d meaning of a self righteous hypocrite and also being confused on ur 3rd paragraph shows u r a narcissistic twit.
have come to realize is d frustrated ones dat always start tribalistic comments, a form of transferred aggression to mask d black pit dr lives are.
hope for ur sake dat u r still young

"To every action, there must be a reaction".
Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by lordyugo: 12:07pm On Jan 27, 2016
[quote author=FolarinLondon post=42368747]

[color=#990000]What an hypocrite!!!

relax, cowards are quick to front themselves.
for d fact u r justifying genocide, not understanding d meaning of a self righteous hypocrite and also being confused on ur 3rd paragraph shows u r a narcissistic twit.
have come to realize is d frustrated ones dat always start tribalistic comments, a form of transferred aggression to mask d black pit dr lives are.
hope for ur sake dat u r still young
Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by Midecuc(m): 12:22pm On Jan 27, 2016
joborskill:
undecided nice
. Natural law of nature

1 Like

Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 27, 2016
[quote author=lordyugo post=42369490][/quote]

It's a well known fact here in Nigeria that you and your fellow wailing wailers are nothing but under-fed crying babies.

I think it may interest you to know that it is only Igbos who see the reaction of Northerners as genocide while the rest of the world sees it as a well deserved reaction to your selfishness and stupidity.

It's like Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan may see it as genocide but US sees it as a reaction to Japan attack on Pearl Harbour. You can't hide under the pretence of taunting and insulting someone and expect the taunted man or woman to react the way you thought he/she should.....

Dimwit, let me burst your bubble by putting it to you that you are as wicked as your worthless progenitors, you have been writing about genocide committed against your people, have you for once condemned what your military brothers did in 1966? No i presumed. Dimwit..

4 Likes

Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by Brushless: 1:16pm On Jan 27, 2016
Ameanux:
This man is always high on weed
Had it been one of your relations were involved, you would have understand the meaning of “KARMA”. Then talk about weed, he is definitely highly intelligent and constant enough as compared to your moronic disposition.

2 Likes

Re: A Night Of Darkness And The Law Of Karma by Femi Fani-kayode by BiafranAvatar(m): 1:47pm On Jan 27, 2016
FolarinLondon:

Let me educate you a little bit as regards their reason for killing all these regional leaders mercilessly.

The 98% Igbo military officers with 1% Yoruba and 1% middle-belters claimed that CORRUPTION was the reason for the massacre. But guess what, the corrupt administration was led by Sir Tafawa Balewa and Nnamdi Azikiwe. The Igbo party led by Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe and Northerners party led by Sir Ahmadu Bello formed that corrupt cabinet with Igbos politicians and Northern politicians at Federal level while Yorubas were relegated to regional government as opposition party.

Ironically, guess who and who was killed during this merciless killing; it was Yoruba and Northern politicians and military officers that were mercilessly killed by Igbo coup plotters to pave way for an Igbo man in person of Aguiyi Ironsi to become a president. No single Igbo politician was killed my friend; the likes of Okpara, Nnamdi Azikiwe spiritually escaped the massacre..... let's imagine there is a coup today in Nigeria with 98% Yoruba military officers, loads of politicians from the East and North were killed by these Yoruba officers but Prof. Osibanjo, Fashola, Tinubu and other Yoruba politicians remain untouched, what would be Igbo reaction to this?

Finally, guess what the Igbo man did as soon as he came military president, he practically forced what is obtainable today in Nigeria which is Unitary system of government despite all pleas from the West and North. He single-handedly destroyed our regional system of government with that singular act. Karma has now turned the tide against Igbos.....

You're just an Igbo hater...

Even the north can't say authoritatively with proof of this hullabaloo that you're talking...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soldiers Arrest Hoodlums Who Invaded Rivers LGA Ahead Of Re-run Election. Photos / No Public Holiday On Friday - LASG / See The Christmas Gift Rescued Chibokgirls Gave 2 Borno Governor Shettima(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.