Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,549 members, 7,812,755 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc - Agriculture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc (119652 Views)

Nigeria Generates $35 Million From Hibiscus (zobo) Export In 9 Months- NAQS / Super Gro Wonder Drops For Agricultural Farmings And Gardeners / Hibiscus Flower {Zobo}Now Available For Pickup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by ifyalways(f): 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2016
Baby E is one already ?! Time surely flies shocked kiss

Happy birthday from me and my boys to her. May the countenance of Gods face shine on her eternally, may she grow to be a source of Joy to everyone she comes in contact with and a source of Blessing to her parents.

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by zaynie(f): 4:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
Onegai:

I see her now.
She's such a cutie kiss
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by zemaye: 4:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
Amen Amen Amen
I came late to the party chai cry!

Onegai:
Today is Baby E's birthday and we are all so glad and grateful to God for our little darling. May she continue to grow in happiness and wisdom and may all her days be filled with calm. Amen.

And I am taking down that picture in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3,2, 1

C.c zaynie, Tearoses, cococandy, zemaye, ifyalways

Modified

Yeahhhhhh!
I just saw her!
Tall swèety , baby E kiss kiss kiss
May you be a source goodness and your path filled with excellence !
The pic college by her is dope!
Lovely idea from a smart mama!
Welldone

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Mallamusa: 12:06am On Jun 28, 2016
Hello, I am very happy I found this. I just registered for this alone. I have always loved plants but I just picked gardening as a serious hobby this year. I can't talk about flowers with my friends (they'll think I'm gay). The information here is awesome, keep on the good work. Jah bless

2 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 28, 2016
Onegai:
Today is Baby E's birthday and we are all so glad and grateful to God for our little darling. May she continue to grow in happiness and wisdom and may all her days be filled with calm. Amen.

And I am taking down that picture in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3,2, 1

C.c zaynie, Tearoses, cococandy, zemaye, ifyalways

Awwww I missed o! Sigh! sad
I am a sucker for babies smiley
Happy Birthday Baby E
May you grow in goodness, Gods blessings and favour
May you always be a source of joy to your parents and loved ones
Congrats mummy E
Where is my cake

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 28, 2016
Mallamusa:
Hello, I am very happy I found this. I just registered for this alone. I have always loved plants but I just picked gardening as a serious hobby this year. I can't talk about flowers with my friends (they'll think I'm gay). The information here is awesome, keep on the good work. Jah bless

LOL
Dont mind your friends
Talk to us
We understand grin

4 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 28, 2016
ifyalways:
Baby E is one already ?! Time surely flies shocked kiss

Happy birthday from me and my boys to her. May the countenance of Gods face shine on her eternally, may she grow to be a source of Joy to everyone she comes in contact with and a source of Blessing to her parents.

Hmmmm see subtle arranging o! grin
How are you and your boys?
Hope you are all good kiss
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 9:14am On Jun 29, 2016
tearoses:

Don't mind Madam Ifyalways. I was just looking at her and said to myself "lemme jus kip kwayet" grin

Thank you ladies for your wishes and prayers.

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 9:18am On Jun 29, 2016
tearoses:

Qq

Don't mind Madam Ifyalways. I was just looking at her and said to myself "lemme jus kip kwayet" grin

Thank you ladies for your wishes and prayers.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 9:19am On Jun 29, 2016
Mallamusa:

You are totally welcome!
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by rabzy: 6:09pm On Jun 29, 2016
Hello everyone, please where can I get sunflower.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 10:16pm On Jun 29, 2016
rabzy:
Hello everyone, please where can I get sunflower.

Hi, specify plant, seed or oil. Sunflowers are common in SW states so start from there. Maybe someone here knows a grower.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by rabzy: 10:47pm On Jun 29, 2016
Onegai:

Hi, specify plant, seed or oil. Sunflowers are common in SW states so start from there. Maybe someone here knows a grower.

Plant, I want to check it's efficacy as an organic fertilizer. I went to the horticulturist at Eko hotel roundabout but he didn't have it and I haven't sighted it anywhere.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 8:40am On Jun 30, 2016
rabzy:

Plant, I want to check it's efficacy as an organic fertilizer. I went to the horticulturist at Eko hotel roundabout but he didn't have it and I haven't sighted it anywhere.

I've seen there in some places but I don't recall precisely where. Meanwhile in Ondo state, it is a wildflower that grows everywhere.

Olerismith, Rosety, Gloriouspa, any help? Please do you have for supply?
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by touchmeder: 9:48am On Jun 30, 2016
@Onegai, random question. Any idea where one can buy a wind chime from? I'll love to place one near my garden space.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 1:49pm On Jun 30, 2016
touchmeder:
@Onegai, random question. Any idea where one can buy a wind chime from? I'll love to place one near my garden space.

Ahhh! I dunno o. But you could make one. Let me look for instructions.

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by touchmeder: 4:47pm On Jun 30, 2016
Onegai:

Ahhh! I dunno o. But you could make one. Let me look for instructions.

LOL. Good idea. Bamboo plenty...

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by ifyalways(f): 9:51am On Jul 01, 2016
tearoses:

CC, face front. cheesy You cant pour sand for my garri.

How many Nigerians living in Nigeria are as posh, real, refined and classy as Onegai? Why wont i arrange ? tongue

Onegai, don't pay ameboroses any mind. We are coming for the second birthday and from there, a play date, hibiscus date and . . . grin
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 1:44pm On Jul 01, 2016
ifyalways:

CC, face front. cheesy You cant pour sand for my garri.

How many Nigerians living in Nigeria are as posh, real, refined and classy as Onegai? Why wont i arrange ? tongue

Onegai, don't pay ameboroses any mind. We are coming for the second birthday and from there, a play date, hibiscus date and . . . grin

grin

Thanks
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 10:30pm On Jul 01, 2016
There is a massive post coming tomorrow about a very popular and reknowned Professional Gardener in Lagos state. So get ready for it!

Tonight, I'll leave you with this clever idea: cover up ugly plumbing (which we have a lot of because you know...our artisans...aren't quite the best...), cover it up with Snake plants. They do well in places without light or with light and are hard to kill.

Seriously. They are hard to kill. I'm still trying to kill one I own. Not happening.

2 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Gloriouspa(m): 11:36am On Jul 02, 2016
Onegai:

I've seen there in some places but I don't recall precisely where. Meanwhile in Ondo state, it is a wildflower that grows everywhere.

Olerismith, Rosety, Gloriouspa, any help? Please do you have for supply?

The Sunflower I have is finished. I just sold the 3 I have last week. It is an imported plant with ecstatic beauty. But it depend on the quantity needed, I can get it from othrr colleague here in Ibadan.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 11:51am On Jul 02, 2016
Gloriouspa:

The Sunflower I have is finished. I just sold the 3 I have last week. It is an imported plant with ecstatic beauty. But it depend on the quantity needed, I can get it from othrr colleague here in Ibadan.

Cc rabzy, please contact Gloriouspa.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 12:09pm On Jul 02, 2016
Taison Horticulture Centre

There are gardeners and there are Professional Gardeners. People who have invested time and effort into their business. Taison Horticultural centre is a Professional Gardening outfit. Located in Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1, Taison has been in the business for 20 years. They are into pet sale, Water landscaping (fountains and reflection pools), landscaping and gardening.

I walked in to speak to their proprietor and I left amazed. It's gorgeous and she has so many exotic plants. It's an amazing place. She is also a fountain of knowledge. You know when she advises you accurately on the type of fertiliser to use, best pot container and location, the NPK ratios in each manure type, and you check online and it's all there, confirmed by University departments around the world, you know you're in good hands. Taison is passionate about gardeners. Just talking to the proprietor taught me more about Gardening than reading online. She understands our climate so will tell you "this plant doesn't do well in Lekki because of the sea spray, it's better in Ikeja".

The first thing I saw as I walked in was their Terrarium. I laughed because they are the first place I've ever seen them in Nigeria. She builds terrariums for clients. She also cultivates Bonsai (Japanese Miniature Gardening). The proprietor is an Arts lover and a supporter of the Arts so she designs her plants and pots.

Taison is a decently-priced garden, you pay for what you get and they are very generous, their proprietor stresses that Taison is for the Middle Class garden lover, they cater to everyone so don't feel shy or think they are out of your budget! She has a large collection of hard to find plants in Nigeria (orchids, succulents, Angel trumpets, Monda grass, Papyrus, Jacob's ladder, Ponytail palms, Jade plant, Money plant, Gerbera Daisies, so many flowering cactuses). And they won't just sell you a plant, they will tell you how to maintain it.

Taison supports the Environment and Children's Education. The proprietor used to sponsor a yearly Art event on World Environmental Day for kids. Taison offers tours for children and also a pottery painting class. They give coupons and discounts out so check out their website or follow them on Instagram.

3 Shares

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 12:17pm On Jul 02, 2016
They are on Instagram as Taisonhorticulture. Please follow them as they give out coupons and discounts and organise tours for children and pottery painting classes.

1 Share

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 5:09pm On Jul 02, 2016
With the help of Taison Horticultural centre, we redid my terrarium. I added some moss and a bromeliad ( an air plant) and a snake plant.

Pictures don't do it justice but here goes.

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by cococandy(f): 8:03pm On Jul 02, 2016
Nice job onegai.

See what I found on my way to lunch today.

Seems to be the theme around here. Lost of buildings like this in their neighborhood.

3 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 10:04pm On Jul 02, 2016
Ponytail Palm

This is not a true palm, but looks like one. It's part of the Lily family. It's one of the slowest growing plants ever. It's an outdoor plant but if you put it in really bright light, it should do find indoors.

Now, when I say it's a slow grower, I mean, it's a really really slow grower. Ponytail palms can live up to 20 years old (longer than some people's marriages). And they start off as very small plants then grow a few feet high and pretty tall. Now, this is interesting: the younger they are, the cheaper they are to buy. The older they are, the more expensive they are to buy (because it takes literally over a decade for them to grow nice). A fully grown Ponytail palm retails for N250,000.

Yes, you read that right: a quarter of a million Naira. For a single plant.

All the pictures below are from Taison Horticultural centre and they informed me that they are the only people selling the Ponytail palm in Lagos. So, gwan borrow-pose with it wink

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 10:17pm On Jul 02, 2016
Now, before you swear for the devil grin let me show you how attractive the Ponytail Palm can look as decor. Its very popular as Bonsai (Japanese Miniature Grdening Technique).

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Mallamusa: 9:09am On Jul 03, 2016
Onegai:

You are totally welcome!
Merci beaucoup
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 11:12am On Jul 03, 2016
Angel Trumpet

Lovely ornamental plant. It's very fast-growing and attractive. But there is a huge warning: its toxic. As in, there are reported deaths yearly from eating any part of this plant. So be careful. It's an outdoor plant and it's endangered in the wild.

It has very attractive flowers and smells wonderful at night. Give it Sun and plenty of water and fertiliser and watch it bloom.

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by stonecoldcafe: 3:01pm On Jul 03, 2016
Nice one
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 3:26pm On Jul 03, 2016
cococandy:
Nice job onegai.

See what I found on my way to lunch today.

Seems to be the theme around here. Lost of buildings like this in their neighborhood.

This is a GTB bank, in Ikoyi. It's covered in flower pots. It's really pretty. The reason most people don't know it's a GTB branch is because it's for Private Banking only and they don't put up a sign outside to let people know it's a bank.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (27) (Reply)

10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners / Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) / A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.