Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,858 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc - Agriculture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc (119660 Views)

Nigeria Generates $35 Million From Hibiscus (zobo) Export In 9 Months- NAQS / Super Gro Wonder Drops For Agricultural Farmings And Gardeners / Hibiscus Flower {Zobo}Now Available For Pickup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by cococandy(f): 7:36pm On Jul 03, 2016
Onegai:

This is a GTB bank, in Ikoyi. It's covered in flower pots. It's really pretty. The reason most people don't know it's a GTB branch is because it's for Private Banking only and they don't put up a sign outside to let people know it's a bank.
Very nice. This potted plant style.

I'm at one cheese cake factory here and they have the same pattern of plant wall.
Must be the unspoken law around here. Lol

Erm I don't know if I find this pretty though. It's a little too much.

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
Onegai:

This is a GTB bank, in Ikoyi. It's covered in flower pots. It's really pretty. The reason most people don't know it's a GTB branch is because it's for Private Banking only and they don't put up a sign outside to let people know it's a bank.

How do they water those pots grin
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 07, 2016
cococandy:

Very nice. This potted plant style.

I'm at one cheese cake factory here and they have the same pattern of plant wall.
Must be the unspoken law around here. Lol

Erm I don't know if I find this pretty though. It's a little too much.

We used to have ivy all over our outside wall
I liked it, but we were advised to take it down as it damages walls, so we had to take it down

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 07, 2016
From my garden smiley

Roses

3 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2016
More

Lily's....my second favourite flowers smiley

3 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 4:10pm On Jul 07, 2016
tearoses:

How do they water those pots grin

I have no idea. I'm guessing they let the rain do their job?

You seriously need to take a flower arranging class, for your roses! Even on YouTube you can get enough ideas.

All you need is a sharp knife, a pair of floral scissors and floral food and some bleach.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 07, 2016
my pots

2 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 07, 2016
My tomatoes, apples and strawberry's.....Still growing
Hoping for a good harvest in Sept/Oct

3 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 4:15pm On Jul 07, 2016
So I'm going to share more pictures of terrariums built by Taison Horticulture Centre. There are succulent terrariums so they require less water and an open container.

2 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
Onegai:

I have no idea. I'm guessing they let the rain do their job?

You seriously need to take a flower arranging class, for your roses! Even on YouTube you can get enough ideas.

All you need is a sharp knife, a pair of floral scissors and floral food and some bleach.

cut my roses shocked shocked shocked
It breaks my heart when I cut the few to put them in a vase embarassed grin
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 4:19pm On Jul 07, 2016
tearoses:

cut my roses shocked shocked shocked
It breaks my heart when I cut the few to put them in a vase embarassed grin

Awww. Okay

Do you sit outside to enjoy them?

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 07, 2016
Onegai:

Awww. Okay

Do you sit outside to enjoy them?

Yes I do.
When the weather is good, I Just sit or lie on the grass and look up at the clouds
The kids pet comes to sit too grin
I must sound really weird grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 07, 2016
Few more

2 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 4:40pm On Jul 07, 2016
tearoses:

Yes I do.
When the weather is good, I Just sit or lie on the grass and look up at the clouds

No it's not. It sounds wonderful.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by cococandy(f): 5:25pm On Jul 07, 2016
tearoses:

Yes I do.
No you don't sound weird.

That's totally something I'd do. Your garden products are quite lovely BTW.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by cococandy(f): 5:27pm On Jul 07, 2016
Onegai:
So I'm going to share more pictures of terrariums built by Taison Horticulture Centre. There are succulent terrariums so they require less water and an open container.
I'm going to make that terranium in the last picture or something similar.

It's pretty.

2 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by stonecoldcafe: 5:48pm On Jul 07, 2016
tearoses:

Yes I do.

No you don't...
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 08, 2016
My people thank you o! kiss
My family laugh at how I go from oyibo to Naija in seconds and back again

Yesterday both my adopted son and my son were discussing wedding days in his room and my adopted son said " my wedding day will be bloody" I was walking past at the time and shouted your wedding day will not be bloody o in Jesus Name!! and started to bind all forms of bloodiness on wedding days smiley
That's the Naija parent in me smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:41pm On Jul 09, 2016
*sneaking in to ask questions again* Please, which potted (abi na potable) plants will u advice to be used in beautifying a school, taking into consideration the fact that some of these plants are poisonous and they'll be around little children? Can the horticulturist in the house or those with idea about cost also give an estimate of how much they'll cost, with the pots, so I won't be ripped off? Thanks all.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 10, 2016
Yampotatocarrot:
*sneaking in to ask questions again* Please, which potted (abi na potable) plants will u advice to be used in beautifying a school, taking into consideration the fact that some of these plants are poisonous and they'll be around little children? Can the horticulturist in the house or those with idea about cost also give an estimate of how much they'll cost, with the pots, so I won't be ripped off? Thanks all.

Not sure of what flowers are available in Nigeria but I remember that we had lots of hibiscus flowers in my primary school back in the day but they were planted in the ground and not in pots
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by oriaburefarms: 10:58am On Jul 10, 2016
I can't believe that I've been missing this thread for this whole time. Thank God I'm not the only one that cherish plants in this website. Onegai I really appreciate your efforts in here. My company is into this sector and we are trying to do things in the right way (we are trying to show muscles). I even try to start a thread in the "properties" sector,but wasn't stimulated. I was trying to raise awareness on the bad habit of cementing our compound. I would like if you guys could give a look and say what you think https://www.nairaland.com/3195970/missing-factor-nigerian-building-sector
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:57pm On Jul 10, 2016
tearoses:

Not sure of what flowers are available in Nigeria but I remember that we had lots of hibiscus flowers in my primary school back in the day but they were planted in the ground and not in pots

Thanks for your reply, I'm really grateful. However, potted plants will be preferred cos d school ground z already tiled.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by aiotaq: 4:48pm On Jul 11, 2016
connect and share ideas with other farmers and expects at www.inat.com.ng
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 12:37pm On Jul 14, 2016
The Garden Show will be happening at The Palms mall, this Saturday, in Lagos. It's a fusion of Floral Arrangement and Fashion and it's free to attend.

https://www.bellanaija.com/2016/07/it-will-rain-petals-on-the-runway-at-the-the-garden-show-2016-come-see-lanre-da-silva-ajayi-lisa-folawiyo-tokyo-james-aralia-by-nature-more-this-weekend-july-15th-17th/
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 2:31pm On Jul 14, 2016
Kokedama

Japanese garden techniques are very small and intricate, detailed and yet very simple-looking. It's an artform and we are going to be talking a lot about them. They are useful for small spaces, so it's great for urban dwellers.

Kokedama means Moss ball. It is basically a plant in a ball of soil surrounded by moss. A small garden. It is an indoor installation. You can hang them in a place that gets natural light and watch them grow and flower.

It would look great in offices or a public place.

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2016
Kokedama continued

To construct, you will need a soil that has clay-ey properties. It should be able to hold water. The moss or small grass, then a plant and twine or rope. That's all. Wet the soil and form the ball, then place the plant and wrap the moss around it and wrap the rope around the ball.

1 Share

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by datyrone(m): 3:09pm On Jul 14, 2016
Onegai:
Kokedama continued

To construct, you will need a soil that has clay-ey properties. It should be able to hold water. The moss or small grass, then a plant and twine or rope. That's all. Wet the soil and form the ball, then place the plant and wrap the moss around it and wrap the rope around the ball.

you got mail,by an aspiring artist
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 3:10pm On Jul 14, 2016
Any type of plant for indoors works great for Kokedama. If you don't want to make it yourself, Taison Horticulture can make them for you.

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 9:28am On Jul 21, 2016
I totally forgot to update you guys about my Spring Onions: I transferred them to old empty cans (the bottles took up space I didn't have on my small balconey) and I've been harvesting them. Fresh grown Spring Onions from my balconey. They need sunlight but not directly so they don't scorch. I use them in sauces and eggs for Baby E. I replant the roots afterwards (put them to stand in a bowl of water for a few days so that the roots grow). I just grabbed a few this morning for lunch and dinner. I'm going to try a few more vegetables.

Babythug, rhukie, Touchmeder

3 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by touchmeder: 10:59am On Jul 21, 2016
Onegai:
I totally forgot to update you guys about my Spring Onions: I transferred them to old empty cans (the bottles took up space I didn't have on my small balconey) and I've been harvesting them. Fresh grown Spring Onions from my balconey. They need sunlight but not directly so they don't scorch. I use them in sauces and eggs for Baby E. I replant the roots afterwards (put them to stand in a bowl of water for a few days so that the roots grow). I just grabbed a few this morning for lunch and dinner. I'm going to try a few more vegetables.

Now i know what i'm doing wrong. I need to take out mine from the scorching sun cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Rhukie(f): 1:17pm On Jul 21, 2016
wow, you just gave me an idea of what to do with the spring onion lying in my fridge. cool cool
Onegai:

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by cococandy(f): 11:52pm On Jul 21, 2016
So I finally got the terranium going.

A for effort but there's so much I could have done better.

use a different plant that doesn't need a lot of sunlight. I didn't read up much about this jade plant before I got it. It was the smallest succulent I could find in that store and I was tired of lugging baby girl around so I just bought it and left. Besides I was too excited to start already so I didn't want to postpone it any longer. Next time I'll use smaller plants so I can fit more into one bowl and make an actual ecosystem in there instead of a lonely plant all by itself. cheesy

Added seashells for aesthetics.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (27) (Reply)

Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) / A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. / Fish Pond Construction (concrete Pond)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.