Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc - Agriculture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc (119772 Views)

Nigeria Generates $35 Million From Hibiscus (zobo) Export In 9 Months- NAQS / Super Gro Wonder Drops For Agricultural Farmings And Gardeners / Hibiscus Flower {Zobo}Now Available For Pickup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by touchmeder: 6:30pm On Mar 11, 2016
brandnew3:

The ones on that wall.

Such a pretty space
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 11, 2016
touchmeder:

Such a pretty space

Oh thanks...I used to go there a lot but now i'm focusing on modelling my garden to match that beauty. grin
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 1:16am On Mar 12, 2016
I asked our former gardener about this plant and he told me he could get it for me at 2,500 Naira each and i will be needing 2 or three of those. embarassed

Read about it here..
https://smallhomegardens2012./author/bhaskaranparol/page/5/

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 8:54am On Mar 12, 2016
Brandnew3, tearoses and touchmeder, please check out Nimi's garden @nimisgarden, on instagram. She lives in Ikoyi and has a huge collection of orchids and succulents. Its very nice.

Brandnew3 is it a small palm for that price or one halfgrown?

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 12, 2016
Onegai:

He says he would get it from Ikeja...I don't really know what size it will be.

Nimisgarden sure has some nice enamel wears and garden equipments. smiley
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by touchmeder: 1:52pm On Mar 12, 2016
Onegai:
Brandnew3, tearoses and touchmeder, please check out Nimi's garden @nimisgarden, on instagram. She lives in Ikoyi and has a huge collection of orchids and succulents. Its very nice.

I'll have a look. @2500 for one? That's on the high side to me (at least for now) that tells you why so many average Nigerian folks can't be bothered with flowers or gardening for now...
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 12, 2016
touchmeder:

I'll have a look. @2500 for one? That's on the high side to me (at least for now) that tells you why so many average Nigerian folks can't be bothered with flowers or gardening for now...
That isn't a flower...It's more like an ornamental tree...
I believe it's worth every penny of it because of the beauty it add to ones property.

Reckoned i'd give him 5k to get three for me or better yet i'll go get it myself.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 8:48am On Mar 13, 2016
touchmeder:

It's a palm tree, so it's a good price. Some plants are expensive but there are a lot of affordable ones and sometimes the bemefits of gardening outweigh the cost. Relaxing, air-purifying, herbal, grow your own food, mind-stimulating. I'd rather pay that than a pricey new phone or something else smiley but that's just me.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 13, 2016
I think I mixed things up a little bit.
What I really wanted is Called travellers Palms and it goes for the same price.
I guess he factored in his transportation cost to and fro Ikeja.

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by touchmeder: 1:35pm On Mar 13, 2016
Onegai:

It's a palm tree, so it's a good price. Some plants are expensive but there are a lot of affordable ones and sometimes the bemefits of gardening outweigh the cost. Relaxing, air-purifying, herbal, grow your own food, mind-stimulating. I'd rather pay that than a pricey new phone or something else smiley but that's just me.

I went through that Nimi's instagram page. Its very pretty.

2 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 13, 2016
Say hello to Miss Peacock...grin

3 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 10:00pm On Mar 13, 2016
brandnew3:
Say hello to Miss Peacock...grin

Ah an, where did you get her? smiley is she plastic, shey you know you can make it look like granite. Either use a finishing stone spray or mix paint with sand and paint it.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 5:57am On Mar 14, 2016
Onegai:

Ah an, where did you get her? smiley is she plastic, shey you know you can make it look like granite. Either use a finishing stone spray or mix paint with sand and paint it.
Yes she's plastic. cheesy
I thought about painting but then I'd prefer she remains white since it's my favourite colour.

Miss Peacock has been with me for a very long time. Just decided to plant something in it now. grin
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by omo17(m): 9:08pm On Mar 14, 2016
Onegai:

It's to combine plants of differen heights, start with a vine then add a shrub and keep going till you get a taller plant. Or do like the all-green one and do a palm (either golden palm or banana leaf) and surround it with a fern(Boston or Asparagus). The last picture is Heliconia, coleus, croton, sweet potato (vine). Or do Cordyline and surround with rosy periwinkles of different colours. I'm going to do one for our balcony.
I really love wat u guys are doing here, pls ma hw affordable are these flowers, are dey expensive or affordable, especially the potted one's. I really want to try it in my compound. Although most of the space are cemented except for few one or two spaces which specifically left for planting of flowers, so I will. Mostly make use of pot. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by anonimi: 5:05pm On Mar 15, 2016
Onegai:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3486200_20163129437365am_jpeg64639f0f7ef31b0e905293100adf8298

A refreshing break from the usual paved everywhere to park plenty vehicles for the residents of the house and their ever-present visitors.
Hopefully we will work out our public transport system to reduce the number of cars needed by each person. Tall wish I guess.

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by cococandy(f): 8:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
Tearoses, Ekaro

Guess what? those my yellow flowers are still alive cool
Meanwhile I've discarded the roses since.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 1:04pm On Mar 16, 2016
omo17:

I really love wat u guys are doing here, pls ma hw affordable are these flowers, are dey expensive or affordable, especially the potted one's. I really want to try it in my compound. Although most of the space are cemented except for few one or two spaces which specifically left for planting of flowers, so I will. Mostly make use of pot. God bless you.

It depends on what type of plant you buy, and at what stage it is. The smaller the plant, the cheaper it is. No more than N500 for most of the ones I've bought. But the pricey ones can go upto N10,000 (though there's no need for them right now for what you want). Please share a picture with us, let's plan.
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 11:50am On Mar 18, 2016
Plumbargo

This quiet little shrub with its blue flowers is a favourite. It's an outdoor plant but it doesn't do bright light. The colour of the flowers is determined by the soil's pH level, a more acidic soil gives a lovely sky blue colour and a more alkali soil gives other colours or pale blue.

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by cococandy(f): 1:50pm On Mar 18, 2016
Spring is here. Yay!

I'll just be doing the photography when I can.
No names as I don't know their names.
Who know make e tell us pls. Thanks.

I think the second one is hibiscus-related.

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 18, 2016
cococandy:
Spring is here. Yay!

I'll just be doing the photography when I can.
No names as I don't know their names.
Who know make e tell us pls. Thanks.
I think the second one is hibiscus-related.

Beautiful... the first one is a large-flowered thick seed..that's the name...
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by cococandy(f): 4:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
darkenedrebel:

Beautiful... the first one is a large-flowered thick seed..that's the name...
thank you
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 18, 2016
cococandy:
thank you

you're welcome...
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
cococandy:
Tearoses, Ekaro

Guess what? those my yellow flowers are still alive cool
Meanwhile I've discarded the roses since.

Wow thats great
did you find out what its called?

Cut roses can be one kind
They only seem to last 3 -5 days
The ones I got for valentines day only lasted a few days sad
I guess they are mass produced under artificial conditions

How is our princess?
Hope you are all good kiss
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by cococandy(f): 6:49pm On Mar 18, 2016
Unfortunately, I didn't find out the name.

Me and princess are fine. Thank you.
tearoses:

Wow thats great
did you find out what its called?

Cut roses can be one kind
They only seem to last 3 -5 days
The ones I got for valentines day only lasted a few days sad
I guess they are mass produced under artificial conditions

How is our princess?
Hope you are all good kiss

On second thoughts it think it must be a breed of orchid.
There's little difference between it this picture I found online.

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by ladygogo: 4:28am On Mar 20, 2016
Awesome thread! I love flowers, trees, nature etc. I really don't know how we Nigerians remain sane with everywhere looking so bland, flat and dusty.

Thanks for inspiring me to get some potted plants for my window sills.

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:30pm On Apr 05, 2016
Onegai:

Did that fire and pepper thing ever work though grin

I don't know about fire. But during my secondary school days, one guy got covered in massive hives, after he took a dump in a villager's farm.

This is was after repeated warnings that they would jazz us.

He looked like a 200 year old man. An elderly man from the village had to come and "unjazz" him.

Lovely thread btw. I ROVE flowers.

1 Like

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
tearoses:
One more smiley
the green foliage on that flower is gorgeous
This is the one that's near the a/c drips
Dunno if that is what's helping it

What's this one called?
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Onegai(f): 4:18pm On Apr 05, 2016
BuddhaPalm:

I don't know about fire. But during my secondary school days, one guy got covered in massive hives, after he took a dump in a villager's farm.

This is was after repeated warnings that they would jazz us.

He looked like a 200 year old man. An elderly man from the village had to come and "unjazz" him.

Lovely thread btw. I ROVE flowers.

Abeg I need the details of that jazz, because people are not respecting themselves anymore nowadays angry grin
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 05, 2016
BuddhaPalm:

What's this one called?
Its a rose smiley
Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by cococandy(f): 7:09am On Apr 06, 2016
this one is just growing everywhere like weed.
With Different colors like red, yellow, purple, orange. They are beautiful.
Dunno the name.

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by cococandy(f): 7:13am On Apr 06, 2016

I think the third one is a kind of hibiscus.
And the second one I don't know the name but it's pretty too.

Re: The Hibiscus Flower Society: Calling All Gardeners, Flower Lovers Etc by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 06, 2016
cococandy:
this one is just growing everywhere like weed.
With Different colors like red, yellow, purple, orange. They are beautiful.
Dunno the name.

Tulips. I love them. Always have them at home during the season they grow here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (27) (Reply)

Starting Up My Vegetable Farm Garden From Scratch (ugwu, Tomato, Green-leaf) / A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. / Fish Pond Construction (concrete Pond)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.