Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,421 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt (35230 Views)

Policemen, MOPOL Search Danjuma La’ah's House In Kaduna (Pics) / Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos / Mob Attempts To Lynch Naval Personnel Over Death Of Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by Ndlistic(m): 7:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
There was tension and panic among motorists and pedestrians as result of the shootings between Mobile Policemen and some Naval men around Mobile Police, MOPOL, Barracks, off ‘Mummy B’ road, Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital at about 6.pm.
It was not clear what led to the clash that led to exchange of gunfire that made motorists and pedestrians who were initially trapped in traffic jam to abandon their cars and took to their heels in different directions.
The sound of gunshots caused traffic gridlock at GRA junction, Port Harcourt /Aba expressway, Mummy B road and Stadium road as motorists and Pedestrians tried to hurry home.
Eyewitnesses said the fracas started over right of way in the ever busy and congested roads in the rush hour traffic.
According to eyewitnesses who called into WAZOBIA/Info.fm radio Port Harcourt, evening programme traffic report said they could not fathom what caused the verbal exchange before they heard of gun shots.
Another eyewitness said: “A man suspected to be a Mobile Policeman sprayed a substance suspected to be teargas on the face of a military man. At that instant the military man cocked his rifle and shot a man in mufti. Within minutes other Mobile Policemen swarm the scene and tried to disarm him. In the ensuing melee shots were fired. I saw a military man running in blood stains.”
A couple of other motorists confirmed hearing several gunshots around the MOPOL barracks area prompting them to take alternative routes home.
The Rivers Police Public Relations Officer, Ahmad Muhammad, confirmed there was an incident between the Police and Naval Personnel but that the matter had been resolved.
He denied that there was casualty in the clash that lasted for half and hour.
Clashes between the military and policemen occur frequently is always a commonplace at resulting to deaths.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/01/27/gun-shots-as-mopol-naval-personnel-clash-in-port-harcourt/
Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by Tintinnoty(m): 7:27pm On Jan 27, 2016
here I'm but my signature matters alot take a look
Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by Tintinnoty(m): 7:28pm On Jan 27, 2016
ok

check my signature make cool cash
Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by resty4(m): 7:36pm On Jan 27, 2016
Wrong title, omit "as wike wins" it's misleadg.

1 Like

Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by rollUP(m): 7:53pm On Jan 27, 2016
T
Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by englishmart(m): 7:54pm On Jan 27, 2016
Naval officers aren't supposed to be on land in the first place

16 Likes

Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by mallamseifaldin(m): 7:54pm On Jan 27, 2016
J
Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by mccoy47(m): 7:54pm On Jan 27, 2016
Navy and police every time! This reminds me of wen I was in secondary school back den in 2006. During our road march dat d naval personnel had a clash or should I say. Beat up mercilessly a police man

1 Like

Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by IykeWest: 7:54pm On Jan 27, 2016
grin Naija! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by jtjohn(m): 7:54pm On Jan 27, 2016
They should stop given all this untrained military personnel Guns.......

5 Likes

Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by mallamseifaldin(m): 7:55pm On Jan 27, 2016
Wiked
Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by lielbree: 7:55pm On Jan 27, 2016
ameachi iscariot should call his boys to order.
Rivers is for WIKE!

19 Likes

Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by inventory(m): 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2016
Hummmmmm..
Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by PayBoyXclusives(m): 7:58pm On Jan 27, 2016
All these APC people self, na this kind nonsense news them go rush put for fp, now wey we they enjoy for phc...

Wike After Party Going Down in GRA..

grin cheesy sips my Andre

9 Likes

Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by demosoft: 7:59pm On Jan 27, 2016
hmmmmmmmmmmm....
Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by DlawTECHY(m): 7:59pm On Jan 27, 2016
englishmart:
Naval officers aren't supposed to be on land in the first place
Pack them go water na

6 Likes

Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by mcprince32(m): 7:59pm On Jan 27, 2016
Emm guard 1. Where is that your bullet proof jacket? Everybody stand still, let me go and settle the scuffle. Oya stop this nonsence!!!
Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by Smellymouth: 8:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
Ok..

Na dem sabi undecided
Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by jtjohn(m): 8:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
BiafraudExposed:
g
G for Girl....space booker association....How market
Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by kachnov(m): 8:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
No bullet to fight bokoharam...but bullet to get themselves shot at.
But that's none of my business.

2 Likes

Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by lincolnj88: 8:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
grin zoo mopol ans nava
Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by Alhkerimu(m): 8:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
RIVER STATE, WE ALL KNOW IS A TROUBLE STATE SINCE 1960
Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by jaylister(m): 8:01pm On Jan 27, 2016
a
Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by OlujobaSamuel: 8:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
police and other force fighting since 1500bc
Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by Omololu007(m): 8:06pm On Jan 27, 2016
O
Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by Christane: 8:07pm On Jan 27, 2016

9 Likes

Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by demarc001: 8:10pm On Jan 27, 2016
Somebody should pls blame GEJ, as in #Jonathan seF#

1 Like

Re: MOPOL And Naval Personnel Clash In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 27, 2016
kill the kaki idiats jare

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anti-Igbo Song: Nnamdi Kanu Tells Igbos To Leave The North / A Nigerian Based In Turkey Dares Okorocha, Ikpeazu, Umahi To Visit Turkey. / Inspector General Of Police Storms Kafanchan Over Mass Killings In Kaduna.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.