Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never (3777 Views)

Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? / Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media / APC Warns Against Insulting Buhari, Government Officials - Premiumtimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by OlujobaSamuel: 7:44am On Jan 29, 2016
It was with deep mixed feelings of joy and contempt that I woke to read about the term "ineffectual baboon" tagged to a former president of this republic by a widely read news/opinion platform; The Economists.
This is not the first, and I bet it won't be the last if nothing is done, that's why I support PMB in arresting any one found committing libel/slander all in the name of freedom of speech.
OBJ and IBB once started this unholy adventure when they called each other a fool to celebrate IBB's birthday in 2009, GEJ took it to another height by calling the leaders of a certain region "touts", not done, he went further to insult a former president during election related campaigns, his wife did same by calling a former HOS brain dead, all these, coupled with the citizens lack of understanding in branding and re-branding of our leaders name gave The Economists the confidence to carry out such utterance.
Nigerians, please stop insulting the president, one day, you might be the occupant, same measures, pressed down further, shaken together shall be applied unto you.
PMB, pls reintroduce WAI, we are in need of it right away.
Cc; Mynd44, Lalasticlala, StOla, TonyeBarcanista, IbnSultaan

1 Like

Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by gabinogem(m): 7:58am On Jan 29, 2016
Yeah... and it's also disheartening seeing Nigerians with loosed tongues, always being abusive. However, it all boils down to self control I emphasised on in one of the threads. We should endeavour to employ self control in our everyday lives. This will help curb the baggage of hatred we have for our neighbours. Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by dnacrystal: 8:04am On Jan 29, 2016
The heavy truth is that nothing can be done about it. In fact it will get worse. With the presence and ever increasing strength of social media, people will always air their opinions.

7 Likes

Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by ahaz: 9:09am On Jan 29, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
It was with deep mixed feelings of joy and contempt that I woke to read about the term "ineffectual baboon" tagged to a former president of this republic by a widely read news/opinion platform; The Economists.
This is not the first, and I bet it won't be the last if nothing is done, that's why I support PMB in arresting any one found committing libel/slander all in the name of freedom of speech.
OBJ and IBB once started this unholy adventure when they called each other a fool to celebrate IBB's birthday in 2009, GEJ took it to another height by calling the leaders of a certain region "touts", not done, he went further to insult a former president during election related campaigns, his wife did same by calling a former HOS brain dead, all these, coupled with the citizens lack of understanding in branding and re-branding of our leaders name gave The Economists the confidence to carry out such utterance.
Nigerians, please stop insulting the president, one day, you might be the occupant, same measures, pressed down further, shaken together shall be applied unto you.
ya op i agree with you but it wont stop in this tenure.

10 Likes

Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by OlujobaSamuel: 9:13am On Jan 29, 2016
ahaz:
ya op i agree with you but it wont stop in this tenure.
it can if the government is ready through attitudinal changes and dishing out deterrents to anyone found wanting.

1 Like

Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by chubhiee: 9:30am On Jan 29, 2016
The insults gathered momentum with Gej,it would peak with Buhari and then follows its decline and ultimate demise after Buhari......#Spirit Of the Times.

13 Likes

Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by baralatie(m): 9:33am On Jan 29, 2016
The APC sowed this evil seed "heavily" and they think it is fun.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by OlujobaSamuel: 10:17am On Jan 29, 2016
baralatie:
check well, it's not a party issue, it never started with apc, it was just a trend which apc tapped into.
obj and ibb first insulted themselves, then 2011 at ibadan, gej called some people tout, later doyin okupe said he shud be called a bastard, ffk started the clueless rant and even end up to become the image designer for the so called clueless during election. All this happened before or at baby stage of apc.
it's about the citizens not the party.
Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by fastguy10: 10:38am On Jan 29, 2016
@op
I support you 100% this nonsense must stop
Some people will come here abuse president, Governors and other government officials even police n army in the name of freedom of speech
Let the government start arresting anybody that open his or her gutter(mouth) to abuse any government officials we must learn how to respect our leaders
Even Bible said that we should respect our leaders
This nonsense must stop but the truth must be told no matter how bitter it is
APC n his supporters started it all during the time of GEJ my brother come see insult atimes I ask my self is GEJ not the president of Nigeria again
Am not supporting any party but this madness must stop
Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 29, 2016
yorubas will say "e fi ete sile en pa lapalapa". meaning you leave whats important and chasing after shadows.

shouldnt our efforts be geared at making sure ineffectual buffoons dont ever come close to the honoured seat of the presidency anymore in this country?

i dont see anything wrong in calling it as it is.

besides he is just an ex-president not the sitting president. so no one has insulted the seat of the nigerian presidency.

its high time we started stoning our "leaders" if we suspect they have become ineffectual buffoons otherwise we are no better than them.

3 Likes

Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by Farnsworth: 11:02am On Jan 29, 2016
why is an external newspaper insulting Nigerian leaders? does it matter? Bush in the US was horrible but Nigerian Newspapers never called him horrible names.

2 Likes

Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by OlujobaSamuel: 11:13am On Jan 29, 2016
Ioannes:
yorubas will say "e fi ete sile en pa lapalapa". meaning you leave whats important and chasing after shadows.

shouldnt our efforts be geared at making sure ineffectual buffoons dont ever come close to the honoured seat of the presidency anymore in this country?

i dont see anything wrong in calling it as it is.

besides he is just an ex-president not the sitting president. so no one has insulted the seat of the nigerian presidency.

its high time we started stoning our "leaders" if we suspect they have become ineffectual buffoons otherwise we are no better than them.
I have never been a fan of gej since the days of $50k bribery saga during his time as president after the. demise of yaradua, I will never make a mistake of voting for him either then nor now, you can check my previous comment, he was even one of the initiator by calling the leaders of a region touts and also referring to a former HOS as motor park tout, however, I see all these as flimsy excuses to address him as was done by The Economists.
Moreover, he is not yet convicted, so issue of alleged corruption should not attract such dehumanizing title. If this persists, a day will come where our kids will see it as nothing wrong to address we their parents in such manner for any perceived wrong melted out towards them just because they saw our comments made online towards the current leaders.
The effect is not today but tomorrow, what we are witnessing is just a tip of the iceberg.
Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by BeardedMeat(m): 11:14am On Jan 29, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
You would scored more points if you had also charged Our leaders to stop using derogatory and incisive statements on their subjects or people they seek to govern in a civilized 21st century country like ours. Not too long ago, a certain presidential hopeful seeking for votes of nigerians refered to the citizens as dogs and baboons, he went futher to say that their blood will flow freely if he looses the election. Guess what, he lost, and made good his threats also.

Who shall then bell the cat?

3 Likes

Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by BeardedMeat(m): 11:22am On Jan 29, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

I have never been a fan of gej since the days of $50k bribery saga during his time as president after the. demise of yaradua, I will never make a mistake of voting for him either then nor now, you can check my previous comment, he was even one of the initiator by calling the leaders of a region touts and also referring to a former HOS as motor park tout, however, I see all these as flimsy excuses to address him as was done by The Economists.
Moreover, he is not yet convicted, so issue of alleged corruption should not attract such dehumanizing title. If this persists, a day will come where our kids will see it as nothing wrong to address we their parents in such manner for any perceived wrong melted out towards them just because they saw our comments made online towards the current leaders.
The effect is not today but tomorrow, what we are witnessing is just a tip of the iceberg.
Stop masquarading about with your gospel of calumny abeg. You better take this your hypocritical thread to jokes section.

8 Likes

Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by PhockPhockMan: 11:26am On Jan 29, 2016
baralatie:
You said it all.

7 Likes

Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by Habakus: 11:27am On Jan 29, 2016
It was APC that taught Nigerians that you can insult,castigate and denigrate the president and his office without any fear. Nigerians have learnt. No one should complain.

14 Likes

Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by OlujobaSamuel: 11:40am On Jan 29, 2016
BeardedMeat:
Stop masquarading about with your gospel of calumny abeg. You better take this your hypocritical thread to jokes section.
you don't have to quote me twice to spill this thrash.
1. I was talking about the sit of authority
2. I will never in the name of opposition wish a fellow human evil
3. If you read and comprehend well, you will notice I wasn't laying blames but talking about our moral and human values.
You won't know the effect till the day your son calls you a fool for your inability to pay his school fee.
Considering the age of our former HOS, most of us here is not as old as they are, which implies that if we are all to grow old before death, they will leave us here on earth, the young ones then will not only insult with names, they will poke you on your nose and you will be helpless because you set a precedent.
Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by benedictac(f): 11:47am On Jan 29, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

it is what makes them seat up a bit
Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by eunisam: 11:52am On Jan 29, 2016
I don't care because am hungry right now!

1 Like

Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by BeardedMeat(m): 11:52am On Jan 29, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

you don't have to quote me twice to spill this thrash.
1. I was talking about the sit of authority
2. I will never in the name of opposition wish a fellow human evil
3. If you read and comprehend well, you will notice I wasn't laying blames but talking about our moral and human values.
You won't know the effect till the day your son calls you a fool for your inability to pay his school fee.
Considering the age of our former HOS, most of us here is not as old as they are, which implies that if we are all to grow old before death, they will leave us here on earth, the young ones then will not only insult with names, they will poke you on your nose and you will be helpless because you set a precedent.
You are a hypocrite preacher. Your gospel holds no water.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by KINGwax007(m): 11:54am On Jan 29, 2016
Why must it stop? Are the Americans ot other nationalities not insulting their president?

If buhari needs to be insulted, insult him na...wetin dey?

7 Likes

Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by id911(m): 12:01pm On Jan 29, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

Op, it won't stop @ least not in this regime. We shouted, begged when some people were denigrating the office of the President during GEJ tenure but they refused to listen to us.

I will never insult that office whether I like the occupier or not. Even some powerful and enlightened individuals like the Jagaban (Tinubu) also did same thinking they were ridiculing GEJ, not knowing it is the Office of the President and we Nigerians they were ridiculing.

Go and read some of the press releases of Comical Lai Mohammed, two, three years ago, you will weep for our country

5 Likes

Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by duality(m): 12:02pm On Jan 29, 2016
SORRY is the @op, refusing to admit that the insult was the highest against GEJ and not the way he's putting it as if GEJ went about insulting people. With this kind of pseudo objectivity, these insult will not stop. Even when the said GEJ is out of office, his opponent will wan't to use every opportunity to still insult him. Yet you still think those who support him will not want to retaliate?

We have sown a bad seed and it's deep rooted. For instance, search the threads opened when Patience Jonathan was in the hospital for treatment in Germany and review it. It was so bad that a veteran journalist said on TV. I don't know where this level of hate is coming from... This is outside any arm scandal that people will want to latch on. Just do an objective review on it and see for yourself.

Sorry, but the evil will leave for a long time especially since the present government and their supporters are not ready for healing after a highly contentious election. The international community will be brazen with their insult and the cohesiveness of the country will not be there since it's going to be a sectional thing also. Therefor anyone who says anything that questions the people in power, such a person will be seen as from a region or IPBO.

It's a little late but tthose in government can bring about healing or it will continue. You'll never see anything good in the other person.

11 Likes

Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by phemmie06(m): 12:02pm On Jan 29, 2016
Is it only done in Nigeria. Even it's practiced outside the country. No one can satisfy human being in as much as we complain about nature
Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 29, 2016
Sorry not after you spent the last 4 years insulting the former President

Buhari is not God and we will not worship him

2 Likes

Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by onatisi(m): 12:16pm On Jan 29, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
Apc started it and surprisingly then you didnt come out to write this article .
When many of you were calling a sitting president a drunkard,retardeen,fool and bastard with no shoes ,obviously many of you saw nothing wrong with it then now that the seed of discord and hatred mixed with politics of bitterness planted by apc is now giving out it's fruits you are all complaining . Do you know how gej family ,wife were insulted ,abused and cursed daily by apc before the elections?if you can't remember then ask from those who still remember

6 Likes

Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by id911(m): 12:24pm On Jan 29, 2016
duality:
SORRY is the @op, refusing to admit that the insult was the highest against GEJ and not the way he's putting it as if GEJ went about insulting people. With this kind of pseudo objectivity, these insult will not stop. Even when the said GEJ is out of office, his opponent will wan't to use every opportunity to still insult him. Yet you still think those who support him will not want to retaliate?

We have sown a bad seed and it's deep rooted. For instance, search the threads opened when Patience Jonathan was in the hospital for treatment in Germany and review it. It was so bad that a veteran journalist said on TV. I don't know where this level of hate is coming from... This is outside any arm scandal that people will want to latch on. Just do an objective review on it and see for yourself.

Sorry, but the evil will leave for a long time especially since the present government and their supporters are not ready for healing after a highly contentious election. The international community will be brazen with their insult and the cohesiveness of the country will not be there since it's going to be a sectional thing also. Therefor anyone who says anything that questions the people in power, such a person will be seen as from a region or IPBO.

It's a little late but tthose in government can bring about healing or it will continue. You'll never see anything good in the other person.

Op is a very very biased analyst that's why the thing won't stop in this regime

1 Like

Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by OlujobaSamuel: 12:36pm On Jan 29, 2016
for all the apc started it crew, I hope you kindly read where I mentioned ibb and obj, this happened in 2009. Also, what led to this topic was an insult on gej and not on the sitting president, a one time president of this nation will always be referred to as the president, if you think it's a thing to rejoice in for your head of family to be mocked or insulted at will by every dick,tom and harry, wait till you become the head of family and you know the damage you have done.
PMB will die, GEJ surely will die, our utterances will live on. A little mistake will be seen as an avenue to insult.
The north will not be on that sit forever, the south will not be there forever, apc, pdp nor any other party will be there forever, but the occupant will always be a victim of the trend.
Gej was only a victim because it started before him, it only grows, Pmb is currently a victim with a measure bigger than that of gej, the next irrespective of who, where and how he got there will definitely be a victim of bigger measures than that of pmb.
last year, I reviewed my post in criticism of gej and other public officers, and i was happy, not because of the criticism, but because no one can go through my comments online and say I crossed the line.
If you like, change, if you like don't, you will reap it all from apc to pdp to Christians to Muslims to Pagans and every other of their kind.
Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 29, 2016
THE OP IS JUST A FILTHY HYPOCRITE !

8 Likes

Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by zurine(f): 1:05pm On Jan 29, 2016
hmm
Re: Insulting The Sit Of The Nigeria President Must Stop Now Or Never by zurine(f): 1:11pm On Jan 29, 2016
wow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Blasted For Posting This Picture On Fb / N5bn Loan: Miners Lack Of Business Proposals Responsible For Inaccessibility / Nnamdi Kanu Pictured Half Nude With His Wife In Pant Bra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.