Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,454 members, 7,826,740 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? (999 Views)

IPOB:Why The Sit At Home Is More Effective In South East / Bill Gates Hits Nigeria Again: "Your Investment In Health, Education Not Good" / How Will Igbo Not Lose If Nigeria Is Restructured? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by Totodude: 3:48pm On Sep 17, 2017
After the last Igbo President, it's almost 40 years plus now and the Igbo's had not smell the presidency. Now my question is, after all this agitation will Nigeria give the presidency to the Igbo, after all this long years.
Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by madridguy(m): 3:52pm On Sep 17, 2017
Yes
Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by Afam4eva(m): 3:54pm On Sep 17, 2017
madridguy:
Yes
I think you meant to say NO. Don't try to be politically correct now.

5 Likes

Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by LionDeLeo: 3:56pm On Sep 17, 2017
No.
Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by Stingman: 3:56pm On Sep 17, 2017
Totodude:
After the last Igbo President, it's almost 40 years plus now and the Igbo's had not smell the presidency. Now my question is, after all this agitation will Nigeria give the presidency to the Igbo, after all this long years.

That's why Igbo want to have their own country. People are talking about developing science and technology, engineering, manufacturing, sports, entertainment, agricuture, mining...but you parasite is looking at the presidency where you loot and only appoint your religious kinsmen. Don't you see how pathetic your life has turned? What did the presidency do for the Yorubas and the Ijaws?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by madridguy(m): 3:57pm On Sep 17, 2017
I don't have two mouth. Yes is my final answer.

Afam4eva:

2 Likes

Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by horsepower101: 4:00pm On Sep 17, 2017
Afam4eva:

With or without Biafran agitation, igbos won't test the presidency and trust me when I say, that they are better off without it.

Learn from history, the presidency coming from a certain region doesn't make much difference in the lives of the people of that region.

Is the north better off today for the average person?
Is the south west better off today for the average person?
Is niger delta or even Ijawland better off for the average person?

These places have all produced presidents. What do they have to show for it?

Only the elites benefit because of special positions and government contracts. Nobody else.

2 Likes

Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by Ninethmare: 4:02pm On Sep 17, 2017
Yes, come 2019
Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by horsepower101: 4:04pm On Sep 17, 2017
My advice to igbos is to care more about who you elect as state governors. Make sure they have your core interest at heart. That's all.
Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by ITbomb(m): 4:08pm On Sep 17, 2017
We don't care who sits on power, we want a restructured Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by Afam4eva(m): 4:10pm On Sep 17, 2017
horsepower101:

With or without Biafran agitation, igbos won't test the presidency and trust me when I say, that they are better off without it.

Learn from history, the presidency coming from a certain region doesn't make much difference in the lives of the people of that region.

Is the north better off today for the average person?
Is the south west better off today for the average person?
Is niger delta or even Ijawland better off for the average person?

These places have all produced presidents. What do they have to show for it?

Only the elites benefit because of special positions and government contracts. Nobody else.
I keep telling people not to buy thiis fake azz lies that people tell to deceive people into not caring whether their person is at the helm of affairs or not. While i don't care so much about an Igbo person being president, it will definitely be better for us than our president predicament. Take for instance, we keep hearing about how Jonathan did nothing for his Ijaw people despite being the president but people forget that, for example, when it was time to build 6 new universities, the ones that was meant for the South-south wasn't built in Cross river, Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Delta or Edo state. it was built in his home state of Bayelsa. Atleast if nothing else, Bayelsa has a new university courtesy their man in the power. Another example can be seen from the current president. I won't talk about Buhari's appointments which is obvious enough. The rail lines that is in the offing has his hometown, Daura among the routes. Daura is by not an important Nigerian city by any standards but it was somehow smuggled in there.

Even Jonathan that is not an Igbo man but by his closeness to us, our airports were able to be upgraded to an international airport and today we have international flights landing and taking off at the airport. Yes, he didn't do much for us, but the intent was there.

So, i think it's all hogwash what they say about people not benefitting when their person is in power.

3 Likes

Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by dplordx(m): 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2017
I wanted to post something then I remember that it doesn't matter whoever rules Nigeria, the most important thing is what I do with my life. To hell with the presidency, I'm the president of my destint. Good luck with you all debating this trash, it won't earn you nothing in life but do half the people here have a life?

1 Like

Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by ZorGBUooeh: 4:14pm On Sep 17, 2017
Carry yur seat of POWER fly bush..BIAFRA iz the way out..I pity the governors ad the blind ibos against ipob..They will surely regret dia actions..Shebi na nigeria we dey..Dem go regret dem actions,ad it will not be too late to join the struggle cos the struggle continuessad

3 Likes

Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by horsepower101: 4:24pm On Sep 17, 2017
Afam4eva:

I keep telling people not to buy thiis fake azz lies that people tell to deceive people into not caring whether their person is at the helm of affairs or not. While i don't care so much about an Igbo person being president, it will definitely be better for us than our president predicament. Take for instance, we keep hearing about how Jonathan did nothing for his Ijaw people despite being the president but people forget that, for example, when it was time to build 6 new universities, the ones that was meant for the South-south wasn't built in Cross river, Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Delta or Edo state. it was built in his home state of Bayelsa. Atleast if nothing else, Bayelsa has a new university courtesy their man in the power. Another example can be seen from the current president. I won't talk about Buhari's appointments which is obvious enough. The rail lines that is in the offing has his hometown, Daura among the routes. Daura is by not an important Nigerian city by any standards but it was somehow smuggled in there.

Even Jonathan that is not an Igbo man but by his closeness to us, our airports were able to be upgraded to an international airport and today we have international flights landing and taking off at the airport. Yes, he didn't do much for us, but the intent was there.

So, i think it's all hogwash what they say about people not benefitting when their person is in power.

It's not a hog wash. My guy, I wish could take you on a tour of different places in Nigeria and you will understand where I am coming from. You will be shocked that igbos on average are actually living better than so many in this present Nigeria. Poverty get levels. You don't need government universities or projects that won't be adequately funded or be maintained. You need private investment in all sectors. The level of development you see in the south east today is most private led. My hope is that restructuring will take care of the rest. Presidency in this current system won't do anything.
Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by Afam4eva(m): 4:29pm On Sep 17, 2017
horsepower101:

It's not a hog wash. My guy, I wish could take you on a tour of different places in Nigeria and you will understand where I am coming from. You will be shocked that igbos on average are actually living better than so many in this present Nigeria. Poverty get levels. You don't need government universities or projects that won't be adequately funded or be maintained. You need private investment in all sectors. The level of development you see in the south east today is most private led. My hope is that restructuring will take care of the rest. Presidency in this current system won't do anything.
You're still not getting the point. It's not about how Igbos li ve better than others. They got to where they are because they worked very hard and many of them did not become better than others by staying in Enugu or Owerri. many hard to travel to more prosperous places to be able to garner what they currently have. Why do cities in the north like Kano, Kaduna and so on have a huge Igbo population despite not having the commensurate educated population? It's because the successive governments in power took important projects to those places. Today Kaduna has a refinery and hosts a number of government institutions. Which one can the east boast of? Until we restructure this country, all this talk will just be to deceive people to the obvious truth.

3 Likes

Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by nwaanambra1(m): 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2017
Afam4eva:

cool
Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by horsepower101: 4:38pm On Sep 17, 2017
Afam4eva:

You're still not getting the point. It's not about how Igbos li ve better than others. They got to where they are because they worked very hard and many of them did not become better than others by staying in Enugu or Owerri. many hard to travel to more prosperous places to be able to garner what they currently have. Why do cities in the north like Kano, Kaduna and so on have a huge Igbo population despite not having the commensurate educated population? It's because the successive governments in power took important projects to those places. Today Kaduna has a refinery and hosts a number of government institutions. Which one can the east boast of? Until we restructure this country, all this talk will just be to deceive people to the obvious truth.

I see your point and trust me I totally agree with you. But I believe that the private sector can fix the years of neglect in major investments lacking in the east by the federal government. For example

World class hospitals and universities
Toll Bridges and roads
Railways connecting major cites
Etc

The private sector can fill those gaps in the coming years. And all over the world, the private sector is more efficient than government because it's managed like a business.

Lack of government funding or maintenance can derail any project already built. Example kaduna refinery
Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by kettykin: 4:43pm On Sep 17, 2017
Totodude:

if going by the level of ffriendship displayed by the North after the IPOB crisis, i think there are high chances of igbos producing the president , if the North's goodwill is real . If igbos by 2025 dont produce the presidency then the fight against Nigeria will start , Nnamdi kanu would be a child's play and a puupet compared to what Nigeria would witness
Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by Afam4eva(m): 4:45pm On Sep 17, 2017
horsepower101:

I see your point and trust me I totally agree with you. But I believe that the private sector can fix the years of neglect in major investments lacking in the east by the federal government. For example

World class hospitals and universities
Toll Bridges and roads
Railways connecting major cites
Etc

The private sector can fill those gaps in the coming years. And all over the world, the private sector is more efficient than government because it's managed like a business.

Lack of government funding or maintenance can derail any project already built. Example kaduna refinery
I'm not discounting the importance of private investments but i've come to realize that it's not as easy as we make it seem especially as it relates to the east. Nobody invests where there isn't an enabling environment or places that have nothing unique to offer. For instance why will a foreign investor leave Lagos and it's neigbour Ogun state. Also leave Ibadan that's no so far away from Lagos (largest consumer market) to want to invest in the east? It's crazy and not really gonna happen. The only people that invest in the east most of the time are easterners themselves who do so due to the fact that they see it as a way of giving back not necessarily because they feel they'll benefit more from investing in the east than in Lagos. The reason Lagos can attract that kind of investment is because the federal government has put everything in motion from the colonial days to the point that Lagos is just experiencing a natural growth. Lagos does not beg anybody to invest anymore because that's by default the first place any right thinking investor things about.

3 Likes

Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by horsepower101: 4:47pm On Sep 17, 2017
kettykin:

if going by the level of ffriendship displayed by the North after the IPOB crisis, i think there are high chances of igbos producing the president , if the North's goodwill is real . If igbos by 2025 dont produce the presidency then the fight against Nigeria will start , Nnamdi kanu would be a child's play and a puupet compared to what Nigeria would witness

The house of reps and the senate is dominated by the north by design. What can an Igbo president do when all laws and spending bills will pass through those gates first?
Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by horsepower101: 4:54pm On Sep 17, 2017
Afam4eva:

I'm not discounting the importance of private investments but i've come to realize that it's not as easy as we make it seem especially as it relates to the east. Nobody invests where there isn't an enabling environment or places that have nothing unique to offer. For instance why will a foreign investor leave Lagos and it's neigbour Ogun state. Also leave Ibadan that's no so far away from Lagos (largest consumer market) to want to invest in the east? It's crazy and not really gonna happen. The only people that invest in the east most of the time are easterners themselves who do so due to the fact that they see it as a way of giving back not necessarily because they feel they'll benefit more from investing in the east than in Lagos. The reason Lagos can attract that kind of investment is because the federal government has put everything in motion from the colonial days to the point that Lagos is just experiencing a natural growth. Lagos does not beg anybody to invest anymore because that's by default the first place any right thinking investor things about.

The biggest (population wise) and the fastest growing city in China is chong Qing in middle of china. It is much inland and has one major river running through it. It is projected to compete of surpass shanghai in the coming decades in both growth rate and GDP. Onitsha can be the eastern Chong qing. It's never too late. Just because one city had decades of advantage doesn't mean others can't catch up or even surpass them in time.

1 Like

Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by Afam4eva(m): 5:00pm On Sep 17, 2017
horsepower101:

The biggest (population wise) and the fastest growing city in China is chong Qing in middle of china. It is much inland and has one major river running through it. It is projected to compete of surpass shanghai in the coming decades in both growth rate and GDP. Onitsha can be the eastern Chong qing. It's never too late. Just because one city had decades of advantage doesn't mean others can't catch up or even surpass them in time.
While i think Onitsha is a testament of the true genius of the Igbo people, i don't thnk its accurate to compare Chong Quing to Onitsha or any place in Nigeria. Check al the cities in Nigeria that are important. They are like that because the government at the center made it so. Until we become a true federation by restructuring, all this will be all talk and cities like Onitsha will just be experiencing marginal growth.

2 Likes

Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by horsepower101: 5:03pm On Sep 17, 2017
Afam4eva:

While i think Onitsha is a testament of the true genius of the Igbo people, i don't thnk its accurate to compare Chong Quing to Onitsha or any place in Nigeria. Check al the cities in Nigeria that are important. They are like that because the government at the center made it so. Until we become a true federation by restructuring, all this will be all talk and cities like Onitsha will just be experiencing marginal growth.

Very good point. Honestly, at this point restructuring Nigeria is no more an option. It's the only way Nigeria will ever survive. Something worse than IPOB can emerge if the status quo is maintained.
Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by Noneroone(m): 5:04pm On Sep 17, 2017
Afam4eva:

wow...are you beginning to get some sense.thought you were among those calling for kanu's head. without a people getting their independence in their own sovereign nation, they will never have the power to make macro economic policies which is the foundation of economic development. Any Igbo denying this is either benefitting from nigerian corruption or a plain coward.
Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by LUGBE: 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2017
What they need is Biafra, to hell with your epileptic president
Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by Afam4eva(m): 5:07pm On Sep 17, 2017
Noneroone:
wow...are you beginning to get some sense.thought you were among those calling for kanu's head. without a people getting their independence in their own sovereign nation, they will never have the power to make macro economic policies which is the foundation of economic development. Any Igbo denying this is either benefitting from nigerian corruption or a plain coward.
If you read my assertion properly, you'll realize that we're not on the same page. I never said abything about eastern Nigeria being it's own sovereign nation even though i don't doubt that that could also work. I'm talking specifically about regions or states being able to control their resources and decide how they want to develop.

1 Like

Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by horsepower101: 5:14pm On Sep 17, 2017
I agree with Afam. Igbos need to work with what they have for now. Just know that Nigeria will eventually restructure because oil which is the real reason they don't want Biafra will lose value and its mono-economy will crash. That will make restructuring the last option because there will be no oil money to share at the center.
Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by Jesusloveyou: 5:15pm On Sep 17, 2017
Impossible
Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by Jesusloveyou: 5:22pm On Sep 17, 2017
Stingman:

That's why Igbo want to have their own country. People are talking about developing science and technology, engineering, manufacturing, sports, entertainment, agricuture, mining...but you parasite is looking at the presidency where you loot and only appoint your religious kinsmen. Don't you see how pathetic your life has turned? What did the presidency do for the Yorubas and the Ijaws?
because your idiotic pigs of Biafra leader has see the handwriting on the wall that it will a miracle for Igbo man to be president,
This is the main reason for the agitation
Re: Will Igbo's Ever Test The Sit Of Power In Nigeria Again? by Noneroone(m): 5:28pm On Sep 17, 2017
Afam4eva:

If you read my assertion properly, you'll realize that we're not on the same page. I never said abything about eastern Nigeria being it's own sovereign nation even though i don't doubt that that could also work. I'm talking specifically about regions or states being able to control their resources and decide how they want to develop.
I don't know the page you are in. we are both talking about autonomy and you prefer semi autonomy while i prefer complete autonomy or independence. How do they not relate? unless you mean to tell me that what is worth doing at all is not worth doing well. BTW how do we describe someone who wants autonomy but hates independence other than a coward.

(1) (Reply)

See What A Lady Posted About Buhari's Aide Ogundamisi & Nnamdi Kanu(pic) / Nigerian Serving Corp Members Denounce Nigeria / Photos From The 50th Birthday Celebration Of Dele Momodu's Wife, Mobolaji Abiodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.