Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. (15871 Views)

Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? / What Was The Last Book You Read? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Nobody: 5:43am On Jul 02, 2009
Jane Eyre
Madamme Bovart
Hamlet
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by suprted(m): 6:05am On Jul 02, 2009
Weep not my child
Gulivers Travel
Things fall apart
The beautifull ones are not yet born
All Enid Blytons series
Oliver twist

pray tell, what do you find interesting.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Tatase(f): 6:10am On Jul 02, 2009
tpia@:

I think Betty Neels was the first M & B book I ever read. The book ended with "and the teakettle bubbled away/merrily on the stove" or something. While the main characters did their thing upstairs. No details of course.

I was quite young then.

LOL. I think I know the one you're talking about.

What's with the Betty Neels haters?? I love her!!! I collect her 1st editions!! Her books are sooooooooooo peaceful. Ok so there are no high highs or low lows, but they're really easy and brief and idyllic and innocent and make you think of a more naive era. Nothing like some Betty Neels to clear your mind after a rough day. She makes me happy!!

@ topic:

Swan by Naomi Campbell (soooooooooo stupid!!!)

Lonesome Dove by  Larry McMurtry (unfinishable)

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (so overrated!!)
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by suprted(m): 6:13am On Jul 02, 2009
as for me, it's lord of the rings.  i just cannot get past a certain page in the fellowship of the ring. it's like reading a very boring ancient history textbook.

and to say jane eyre is uninteresting when you watch home videos,
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Tatase(f): 6:22am On Jul 02, 2009
@ topic

I admit I find Charles Dickens incredibly boring even though I know its a travesty to say so. His stories are so interesting but the writing, so wordy and the descriptions, too much!
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Anikeji: 6:38am On Jul 02, 2009
SS I reading list o

Ayi Kwei Armah - May the Lord uphold you. I don't know about all the literary genres, but The beautiful ones are not yet born was definitely a dally into the abstract.

I could not make head or tail of this book, and I'm an avid reader of anything.

Although I initially felt the same way about Anthills of the Savannah, I'm a die hard Achebe fan and could not concede defeat, so I picked it up again recently and actually liked it, so I may yet again venture into Ghanaian literature.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by eemi(f): 6:59am On Jul 02, 2009
WildOne (f)
TRY READ TOM CLANCY'S SUM OF ALL FEARS, ULL CHANGE YOUR VIEWS ABOUT HIM.
HES AWESOME.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by slimfine(f): 7:22am On Jul 02, 2009
Sophie's world
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by equlibrium(m): 7:26am On Jul 02, 2009
wat?
clancy is a master!
u all clancy haters shuld b shot! grin
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by bubblegum(f): 7:40am On Jul 02, 2009
@ topic
cant remember
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by sley4life(m): 8:02am On Jul 02, 2009
Macbeth, Ali baba & the forty thieves, hadley chase collection
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 02, 2009
hilli666:

Weep not my child
Gulivers Travel
Things fall apart
All Enid Blytons series
Oliver twist

I don't get you - did you find these interesting, or uninteresting? I only ask, because it seems you're compiling your favourites list.

suprted:

pray tell, what do you find interesting.

Do you mean interesting, or uninteresting? I don't get it either.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by suprted(m): 8:53am On Jul 02, 2009
@Siena

if he finds all of those books boring, then i'm curious to see what he finds interesting.

the topic says uninteresting, so that is what i listed and what i'm hoping everyone else did.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Nezan(m): 9:19am On Jul 02, 2009
Bible
Oliver Twist
The James Hadley Chase series
Master of the Game
Day of the Jackal
The God father
Roots
etc
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by corrall(f): 10:01am On Jul 02, 2009
the only time i tried a tom clancy novel was power play-politika, cudnt go past the first 10 pages
then there is stephen king's insomnia, oh BORING.
then all M & B novels as far as i am concern are not interesting.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by ILOCHUDI(m): 10:18am On Jul 02, 2009
TOM CLANCY'S BOOKS
  damn so booooorrrrring.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by slap1(m): 10:34am On Jul 02, 2009
hilli666:

Weep not my child
Gulivers Travel
Things fall apart
All Enid Blytons series
Oliver twist

things fall apart?
the beautiful ones are not yet born?
oliver twist?

Haba! i beg to DEFIANTLY DISAGREE, i beg.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by ILOCHUDI(m): 10:46am On Jul 02, 2009
@Nezan
  Bible uninteresting? have u really read the New Testament? just relax and read it.
  The God Father and the Root, uninteresting? wow
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by FerrariGP: 11:23am On Jul 02, 2009
definitely Tom CLancy for me, i tried reading one of his books and could only go a few pages

@Nezan, i dont think u understand the thread, Bible Godfather?? Roots??, guy u no book at all??
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by webbjamie(m): 1:45pm On Jul 02, 2009
mine, try 1984 by charles dickens or george orwell,can't remember who wrote it.dat book, lipsrsealed
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by gentleone(f): 3:00pm On Jul 02, 2009
@kay9, i agree with you, "mayor of casterbridge "was definitely boring!
"the beautiful ones are not yet born" too is another boring one
and yes, "a painted house" by john grisham was definitely boring for me.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by MUZBO(m): 3:12pm On Jul 02, 2009
I don't gerrit! The topic should be: The most uninteresting book I almost completed. I don't expect anyone to read something thats not interesting except they are jobless or have an exam or being forced at gun point. Never read an uninteresting book except you want me to mention textbooks from school.(exam stuff)
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by joycexz(f): 3:45pm On Jul 02, 2009
Jane Eyre
the beautiful ones are not yet born and james hardley chase collection.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by sunjongs(m): 3:50pm On Jul 02, 2009
I have read allot of interesting books
(1)What they don't teach you at lagos business school, by Sunny Obazu
(2)Why we want you rich, Donald Trump and  Robert Kiyosaki
(3)Millionaire at 26, Ken Hayashi
(4)Recreating your world, by Chris Oyakhilome
(4)The wealth of Nations, Adam Smith
(5)Attitude is everything, I think His name is keith (good and intresting book. but pardon me i cant really say that's the authors name its from the us a basket ball er).
Read to your success Thanks.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by ukukaegbu(m): 4:13pm On Jul 02, 2009
@hilli666 and Nezan; You guys are not serious!
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 02, 2009
sunjongs:

I have read allot of interesting books
(1)What they don't teach you at lagos business school, by Sunny Obazu
(2)Why we want you rich, Donald Trump and  Robert Kiyosaki
(3)Millionaire at 26, Ken Hayashi
(4)Recreating your world, by Chris Oyakhilome
(4)The wealth of Nations, Adam Smith
(5)Attitude is everything, I think His name is keith (good and intresting book. but pardon me i cant really say that's the authors name its from the us a basket ball er).
Read to your success Thanks.

Topic says, "most uninteresting book you've read."

Not a list of the ones you did find interesting.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by saymalcolm(m): 5:08pm On Jul 02, 2009
I can remember a few, Tom Clancy for one; he spends too much bloody time on details and forgets that the sole aim of writing is to entertain. If i wanted to know about subs, i would have joined the navy.Jeffery Archer is a fantastic writer but when i read 'Shall We Tell The President?', i was heart-broken.I dont believe he wrote that anyway after reading 'Kane and Abel' and the 'Prodigal Daughter'. Steve King has lots of fans and you guys may probably think me crazy but i've never been able to complete any of his novels. The build up to the story takes like, forever so i usually lose interest before i get anywhere. The more reason i was surpised when i discovered it was he who wrote 'Shoreshank Redemption' after i watched the movie. But i think Archer's Shall We Tell The President is the most uniteresting book i've read in a long time.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by kay9(m): 5:12pm On Jul 02, 2009
MUZBO:

I don't gerrit! The topic should be: The most uninteresting book I almost completed. I don't expect anyone to read something thats not interesting except they are jobless or have an exam or being forced at gun point. Never read an uninteresting book except you want me to mention textbooks from school.(exam stuff)

Dude, personally i can't drop a book once i start reading it - unless i run into a more interesting one. But once the second one is done, pronto, i head back to No.1 (unless, of course another interesting one pops up grin ). The thing is, i ALWAYS end up going back to the first book, no matter how long and how uninteresting it is. It's a habit. Doesn't mean i'm jobless (i put in 8-5 everyday, BTW); back in school, i used to switch between textbooks, class notes, and novels - they never made any difference to me (darn habit used to drive my friends crazy then grin grin: kay, how can you read your note and a novel at the same time??

And the end result, i end up reading lots (and lots!) of highly uninteresting stuff. Can't help it. wink
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 02, 2009
Nezan:

Bible
Oliver Twist
The James Hadley Chase series
Master of the Game
Day of the Jackal
The God father
Roots
etc
rotfl @ Bible.
You're not serious at all grin grin

Why not Oliver Twist. That was a classic, very lovely novel.

@Post
The Devil's Highway (ugh)
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Owugal(f): 7:47pm On Jul 02, 2009
MY wonderful sisters and brothers,

Books can be very culture and era/time specific specific. so fo instance this book called uncle tom's cabin which a lot of americans love so much is perhaps one of the worst books I ever read. But the more I learned about the way writters wrote in old england, old America, the more I understood it and it made some sense. I read it and I loved it and still love it now

But I advise no one to read this book wuthering heights. it is positively one of the vilest books in the world. but then again so many americans love it and its very old america/old england culture specific.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by naijaking1: 1:42am On Jul 03, 2009
@topic
Guys, has anybody noticed that one's view of a book tends to change over time. Personally, James Joyce's Ulysses tortured my in college while I was trying to complete an honors requirement with those other English majors. After graduation, I picked up the book again, and actually loved it the second time around.
So, try re-reading your uninteresting book a second time, your opinion might change.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by iice(f): 7:10am On Jul 03, 2009
naijaking1:

@topic
Guys, has anybody noticed that one's view of a book tends to change over time. Personally, James Joyce's Ulysses tortured my in college while I was trying to complete an honors requirement with those other English majors. After graduation, I picked up the book again, and actually loved it the second time around.
So, try re-reading your uninteresting book a second time, your opinion might change.

True, it happens to me sometimes. But some books remain the same. Betty Neels grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Diary Of A FUOYE SU Babe (18+) / ****His Little Secret*** / CROSS Roads(a True Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.