Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,764 members, 7,824,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. (15892 Views)

Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? / What Was The Last Book You Read? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by iice(f): 4:59pm On Jul 07, 2009
oluite:

one of the most boring authors is betty neels.i neva finished her book.cant rembr d name.most times if i c a book is boring i just drop it n forget abot it but in dis case i had to take note of d author's name.betty neels.
Suzanne84:

Whoa Betty! You've gone and done it again, haven't you? grin

grin grin That she did grin grin
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Tatase(f): 3:58am On Jul 08, 2009
oluite:

one of the most boring authors is betty neels.i neva finished her book.cant rembr d name.most times if i c a book is boring i just drop it n forget abot it but in dis case i had to take note of d author's name.betty neels.
Suzanne84:

Whoa Betty! You've gone and done it again, haven't you? grin
iice:

grin grin That she did grin grin

<eyeing all of you> HISSES!!!!
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by russellino: 5:41pm On Jul 08, 2009
"The gulag archipelago" By Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn is a classic but goes at 2km per hr
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by lastpage: 3:18am On Jul 09, 2009
My Best has  to be "Leon Uris: EXODUS". 1987.
I read a lot of James Hadley Chase in my time: Miss 'something' wave a wand, The Dead stay Dumb, Can of Worms, Sucker Punch, Believe this, Believe Anything, (read all the Hadley Chase series in secondary school). l guess "Chase" taught me most of the bad things l knew in life, growing-up grin

Others are the "Robert Ludlum" Series:Omertta, Mataresce Circle, Vulture is a Patient Bird, e.t.c
Then there are the Wilbur Smiths, The Tom Clancys, an a host of others.
Does anyone still know the author of these two enigmatic Books: "Spanish Inquisition" and "Blood Brothers"? I want them for keeps but cant remember the authors, or how l ca get them? help pls.

Then there are the "small volume" ones like the "Richest Man in Babylon, The Prince (Machiavelli), Rich Dad, Poor Dad; Cash flow quadrant, e.t.c

Did a little bit of "Mills & Boon" but l prefer to "act out" the romance instead of reading about it  grin

Back then, l read so veraciously, my mum noticed and buys me Novels as birthday gifts!

For school proper (exam purposes), read: Weep not child, Gullivers Travels, Alan Quatermain, Treasure Island, Oliver Twist, Things Fall apart, Our husband has gone mad, Lorna Dunne, Alawiye, Efunsetan-Aniwura (Iyalode Ibadan  grin), Ogboju-ode ninu Igbo Irunmole (that one gives me nightmares!), e.t.c

Realized that no one mentioned my pry school favorite (Alli and the Angel), not much of a Novel actually, was a school reading textbook.

BTW: I also read ma Bible tongue Nice book, always new, every time!!

Lastpage

, and l noticed "ladies" seem to read more than guys? well, guys are off to play ball or chasing girls sha lipsrsealed grin

1 Like

Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 09, 2009
Four past Midnight.Stephen King,kept going on and on,so lefthis book for him, first book i havent finished, and ive read millions of books
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by nagoma(m): 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2009
Last page my Dear; you answered the wrong question!! lipsrsealed
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Shuku: 2:32pm On Jul 10, 2009
Well,I dont know how to quote a post but this is directed at an individual; TROYNOW, I happen to disagree totally with you on your view of THE TROJAN ODYSSEY,it's written by CLIVE CUSSLER and if you an avid novel reader,you would know that HE is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to Adventure,Thiller and Suspense novels.Clive Cussler rocks anyday anytime.I suggest you get some of his other books like RAISE THE TITANIC,WHITE SHARK and others that I can't remember right now.I can actually recommend them cos I've read at least a dozen of them.Ciao.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by slap1(m): 5:28pm On Jul 10, 2009
Shuku:

Well,I dont know how to quote a post but this is directed at an individual; TROYNOW, I happen to disagree totally with you on your view of THE TROJAN ODYSSEY,it's written by CLIVE CUSSLER and if you an avid novel reader,you would know that HE is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to Adventure,Thiller and Suspense novels.Clive Cussler rocks anyday anytime.I suggest you get some of his other books like RAISE THE TITANIC,WHITE SHARK and others that I can't remember right now.I can actually recommend them cos I've read at least a dozen of them.Ciao.
shuku, if u want to quote a post just click on the reply option, when it comes out scroll down and u will see a list of the posts. on top of every post is an option "Insert Quote", click it and wait a while and the post u want to quote will appear in the body of the message. click "enter" so that the insertion point will create a paragraph, then you type whatever u want to. hope u read this!
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by lastpage: 11:39pm On Jul 10, 2009
@nagoma.
Forgive me, my mistake grin

Now, worst book l've read?
Hmmm, can't remember, , l must have dropped it so fast, before even opening the first page!

I have a knack for knowing boring books, from their covers!
Just like l can tell a bad Record (the ones with excessive cover design!) from its cover grin

Seems all the effort went into the cover's design and not the song itself shocked shocked

Thank you for drawing my attention to it.

LAstpage
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by lucillia90: 6:07pm On Jul 12, 2009
None

No Matter, How uninteresting a book would be, There would always be sometin to learn,

Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by justkunmi(m): 6:42pm On Jul 12, 2009
Velocity - Dean.Koontz.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Akanniade(m): 3:05am On Jul 13, 2009
Mine used to be "Mayor of Casterbridge" until i read "Tess of d'urbevilles". Thomas Hardy writes to bore
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Abojupupa: 11:14am On Jul 13, 2009
Ever read The Plague' by Abert Camus? Made the most uninteresting reading so far.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by queenesthr(f): 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2009
A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemminway. It was so boring that even though it was my literature text, I chose to fail questions from it rather than finish reading the book.

Patricia Cornwell's books are all boring.

The African Child By Camara Laye.

The Famished Road by Ben Okri - I couldn't make head or tail of it.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by africhika(f): 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2009
Les Miserables - way tooooo long
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by iice(f): 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2009
The Taking ~ Dean Kootz
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by donjon: 10:37am On Nov 05, 2009
The strong breed by wole soyinka!
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by donjon: 10:46am On Nov 05, 2009
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by donjon: 10:47am On Nov 05, 2009
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by adebayo201: 4:49am On Nov 07, 2009
:p
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 10, 2009
Mario Puzo's Fools Die.

I rest my case
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by mindeh(f): 2:12pm On Dec 24, 2009
i thought James Patterson's book are just the bomb but on reading Cat n Mouse i started to think otherwise.It was just boring
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Akanniade(m): 4:15pm On Dec 29, 2009
Tess of D'urbevilles by Thomas hardy
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by ravenzord(m): 1:32am On Dec 30, 2009
The most uninteresting book I've ever read? Can't remember the name,that's how uninteresting it was,only thing I can remember is that it took me like 3 days to get past the 1st chapter,and I never finished it. I think the name was Quadrophenia or something like that,t'was about the hippie age and all the drugs they took.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Odunnu: 10:32am On Jan 02, 2010
It must be very uninterestin cz I kant remembr d name
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by ucnduka(f): 1:27pm On Jan 04, 2010
The man died- Wole Soyinka, couldn't go beyond the first page. Let's talk about kevin- can't remember the author's name but she won the orange prize because of d book, makes me wonder why boring books win such prizes.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 04, 2010
Robert Ludlum and Tom Clancy.
Can't get past their first 5 pages.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by slap1(m): 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2010
I've been unable to get through George Orwell's 1984 & Thomas Hardy's MAYOR OF THE CASTERBRIDGE for a long period of time. . . .
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Ifez: 10:26pm On Jan 06, 2010
BlueDiva:

Robert Ludlum and Tom Clancy.
Can't get past their first 5 pages.

I have same problem with Tom Clancy, I force myself to slug through the first 100 pages before giving up.

Grisham, I tolerate better, but lately his books have been hugely disappointing. Stephen King I don't even bother to read anymore. He was a classic once, but it's like he's not even trying now. Thank God he's decided to retire from writing.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by slap1(m): 5:10am On Jan 07, 2010
I can't believe a BORN writer can just retire from writing coz whenever 1 get a computer 4 myself(my works are still in ink on paper). . . .i can only surrender my fingers to death alone coz, yes, i'm a born writer, i write in my dreams atimes!
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by smooooooth: 10:47am On Feb 24, 2010
who ever wrote lester the vampire?  angry

and who said something about John Grisham, pls dnt even go dia. dat guy is DA BOMB! kiss
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by dominique(f): 10:15pm On Feb 24, 2010
good to know i'm not the only one who finds tom clancy's books a total bore and awaste of time.
also try agatha christie's miss marple series. . .zzzzzzzzzzz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

16+ My New Compound Chronicle With Mama Abi / Diary Of A FUOYE SU Babe (18+) / ****His Little Secret***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.