Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,158 members, 7,953,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:09 PM

Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. (16029 Views)

Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? / What Was The Last Book You Read? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by parislomo(f): 7:15am On Jul 03, 2009
It has to be PALMWINE DRINKARD by Amos Tutuola! Neva eva thot som1 kud write nonsense & sell! Stil vexing afta 20yrs I attempted reading the annoying book! Pshewww
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by oyinda3(f): 7:20am On Jul 03, 2009
parislomo:

It has to be PALMWINE DRINKARD by Amos Tutuola! Neva eva thot som1 kud write nonsense & sell! Stil vexing afta 20yrs I attempted reading the annoying book! Pshewww

wow 20 yrs?
at least it was memorable even if it wasn't an interesting book
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by parislomo(f): 7:32am On Jul 03, 2009
@ Oyinda: I'm nt sure the book is up to 20yrs. I added all the years I'd be repulsed @ the book together! Lol, grin

1 Like

Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by oyinda3(f): 7:36am On Jul 03, 2009
gosh i can't even remember the most uninteresting book i read.
repulsion is different. at least it had a character to it. lol
have u ever read a book so boring that u forgot the title and author n don't even remember where u were when u read it or what feeling u got from it. I have embarassed
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Nezan(m): 10:07am On Jul 03, 2009
parislomo:

grin
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Bibankee: 1:29pm On Jul 03, 2009
The Bible- Most inspiring

Oceans Apart by Karen Kingsbury

Atonement child Francine Rivers

Redemption series Gary smalley and Karen Kingsbury

Double standards Judith Mc Naught

Time changes Yesterday
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by nickybayo(f): 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2009
shakespear macbeth
i cant believe i've never finish that book
i always finish a book no matter how boring it is
another one is 'an angel for emily'
i hate it but still i finished it

i cant believe some pple said they dont like "oliver twist", it's really interesting

u guys should try tess of the d'urberville, cant remember author though
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by parislomo(f): 6:30pm On Jul 03, 2009
@ Oyinda: read so many that seriously if I saw them now I would not remember ever setting eyes on them before! Lol, Some authors never really truly recover from WRITERS' BLOCK! angry
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by parislomo(f): 6:31pm On Jul 03, 2009
@ Oyinda: read so many that seriously if I saw them now I would not remember ever setting eyes on them before! Lol, Some authors never really truly recover from WRITERS' BLOCK! angry
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Tatase(f): 7:15pm On Jul 03, 2009
Owu gal:

MY wonderful sisters and brothers,

Books can be very culture and era/time specific specific. so fo instance this book called uncle tom's cabin which a lot of americans love so much is perhaps one of the worst books I ever read. But the more I learned about the way writters wrote in old england, old America, the more I understood it and it made some sense. I read it and I loved it and still love it now

But I advise no one to read this book wuthering heights. it is positively one of the vilest books in the world. but then again so many americans love it and its very old america/old england culture specific.

I love the English classics (at least from the 18th century onwards), though the American ones not so much because they tend to be less romance and more anger and revolution. And I totally agree that Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights is overrated. I love all her sisters' (Charlotte and Anne Bronte) books (Jane Eyre, Villette, Shirley, The Professor, Agnes Grey and The Tenant of Wildfell Hall), mostly because I thought that their characters were more likeable and their romances more acceptable. I found the book so depressing and uninteresting because frankly there was nobody to root for since everyone was equally detestable. Seriously because of that book I never want to go to Leeds or Yorkshire or wherever it was because the book made it soooo unappealing.

iice:

True, it happens to me sometimes. But some books remain the same. Betty Neels grin

Betty Neels rocks!!! wink
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Jerjens: 11:02pm On Jul 03, 2009
[flash=200,200][/flash]
Weep not my child
Gulivers Travel
Things fall apart
The beautifull ones are not yet born
All Enid Blytons series
Oliver twist
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by N101: 12:14am On Jul 04, 2009
The most uninteresting (read: worst) book I've read was a Mills & Boon, the title I've deliberately forgotten.  One of my favourite teachers at school rubbished M&B books and basically said she can do that from an informed perspective having read at least a couple of them. 

So I took a leaf from her book and read one - I still don't understand the fascination with them.  This is coming from someone whose mother and sister lived on those and Barbara Cartland books.

The other book that comes to mind is "The Da Vinci Code" - yawn!
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by oyinda3(f): 4:22am On Jul 04, 2009
parislomo:

Some authors never really truly recover from WRITERS' BLOCK! angry

i have to agree with u o
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Nobody: 4:24am On Jul 04, 2009
Jerjens:

[flash=200,200][/flash]
Weep not my child
Gulivers Travel
Things fall apart
The beautifull ones are not yet born
All Enid Blytons series
Oliver twist

Are these your most INTERESTING or most UNINTERESTING? shocked
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by woomie(f): 5:54am On Jul 04, 2009
Audasity of hope, Dream from my father both from President Barack Obama,
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by muyoto: 6:41pm On Jul 04, 2009
For me it definately has to be[i] Famished road [/i]by Ben Okri. Geez all about angels and demons and crap. . .and to think he won the Booker's prize because of that sh*t! angry angry angry
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by xanadu: 3:56am On Jul 05, 2009
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. How I managed to survive that stuff in secondary school, I still cannot figure out.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by TOYOSI20(f): 6:42am On Jul 05, 2009
Lord of the Flies by William Golding . . .i was so bored. . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Moby D.I.C.K. by Herman Melville. . .was pure torture y'all. . . shocked shocked cry
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by SeanT21(f): 6:45am On Jul 05, 2009
Never read an un-interesting book.Well,If those Shakespeare novels count then YES!!

TOYOSI20:

Lord of the Flies by William Golding . . .i was so bored. . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Moby privates by Herman Melville. . .was pure torture y'all. . . shocked shocked cry

MOBY D.I.C.K U mean?? Nairaland go change it to privates.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by TOYOSI20(f): 7:15am On Jul 05, 2009
LOL!!!. . .i see that shocked shocked shocked thanks Sean
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by dominique(f): 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2009
Lying in wait cant really remember the author (J.J Jance i think). boring piece of crap. typical example of "dont judge a book by its cover." the cover is an attractive golden hardcover and the contents. . . nonsense.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by noetic2: 6:33am On Jul 06, 2009
whats better than money by james hardly chase
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by nguage(m): 7:36am On Jul 06, 2009
Many of the books mentioned here are my favourites shocked shocked shockedcry cry

Especially "Great Expectations,"my favorite book ever. What's boring? These are things we can all relate to, aren't they? Big dreams, surprises, teenage crushes, crazy aunts, nice uncles.

Oh well, I guess it's one man's food and another man's poison.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by azegba(m): 9:54am On Jul 06, 2009
it is hard 4 me to say that a book is uninteresting b/c b/4 an author releases a book, it must have gone through several modelling stages which ensues that a message is passed, in every book, there is information intended to pass, so while reading any book, try to uncover what the author has in mind for you. every thing teaches!
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by mrsb(f): 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2009
John Grisham - The Associate.

The guy is not even trying anymore.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by jowea: 3:16pm On Jul 06, 2009
treasure island,no need 2 go to the pharmacy, it is a good sleeping pill
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by noetic2: 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2009
mrsb:

John Grisham - The Associate.

The guy is not even trying anymore.

come on . . , . , how weird is ur taste? Grisham is king.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Okijajuju1(m): 7:29am On Jul 07, 2009
noetic2:

come on . . , . , how weird is ur taste? Grisham is king.

I am a Grisham groupie but "the bleachers" was just nothing short of crap.

@ Topic

DILEMA OF A GHOST - Ama Ata Aidoo

Do not read this at home or anywhere for that matter. Simply not worth it.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by oluite(f): 10:08am On Jul 07, 2009
one of the most boring authors is betty neels.i neva finished her book.cant rembr d name.most times if i c a book is boring i just drop it n forget abot it but in dis case i had to take note of d author's name.betty neels.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Suzanne84(f): 2:22pm On Jul 07, 2009
oluite:

one of the most boring authors is betty neels.i neva finished her book.cant rembr d name.most times if i c a book is boring i just drop it n forget abot it but in dis case i had to take note of d author's name.betty neels.

Whoa Betty! You've gone and done it again, haven't you? grin
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Suzanne84(f): 2:32pm On Jul 07, 2009
muyoto:

For me it definately has to be[i] Famished road [/i]by Ben Okri. Geez all about angels and demons and crap. . .and to think he won the Booker's prize because of that sh*t! angry angry angry

Finally! Someone else who couldn't get through this book. It tortured me until i threw in the towel cheesy

woomie:

Audasity of hope, Dream from my father both from President Barack Obama,

Are you kidding shocked Both of 'em are about the best autobios i've read in recent years. Seriously. I think Obama is a good writer 'cuz he's got a good knack for storytelling.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by nagoma(m): 4:52pm On Jul 07, 2009
The most uninteresting book I have ever read is.

The man died - He probably read the book; I just survived it!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

... / Summary Of The Art Of War By Sun Tzu / Bad Spread (An Awareness Fiction Story on Ebola Virus)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.