Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:11 AM

Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. (16027 Views)

Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? / What Was The Last Book You Read? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by mzansigirl(f): 1:22pm On Jan 20, 2012
For me it was THE QUEST by Wilbur Smith.
The book which was a sequel to the very interesting RIVER GOD was painfully disappointing
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Peaceworld(m): 6:18pm On Jan 31, 2012
Check out THE BLACK BOOK's trailer now on Youtube. On sale in Amazon but not yet listed.
The link is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx1Utp_zGV4
What do y'all think?
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by adebayo201: 7:01pm On Feb 18, 2012
:*(
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Shalomdee(f): 8:33pm On Feb 18, 2012
The most uninteresting book I've read is The Beautiful Ones Are Not Yet Born. Just couldn't make out the message the author was trying to convey. It was so boring that I just had to drop it.

1 Like

Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Twinmama(f): 12:36pm On Oct 22, 2013
The thirteenth tale, so volumous and sensless, cant even remember the writer
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2014
vescucci: I was reading this thread a little more. It's damn sad how someone will call some of the best books on earth boring. I think when you have no capacity to enjoy such books you have no business soiling them or defaming their memories. I know the 'to each his own' brigade will fall out now and do a parade but dammit this is pushing it. How can a sane person call 1984, Les Miserables, Fools Die, The Man Died etc boring. I've not read The Famished Road but someone I love loves it and The Booker prize is not an Oscar. Books that win are automatically great reads. Shit, I think I've bursted a vein.

Boring books win award so well if you don't know. The story line may not be the reason why they won the award but probably their grammatical construction and the personality who wrote them. In fact, most stories on Nairaland literature sections here are far more interesting than those newyork times best sellers, only that they are written by upcoming authors so not giving any recognition at all.

It's hard to be known worldwide as a writer if you are residing in a country like this. Go abroad, write Naijastories for them and you win ORANGE and 'PINEAPPLE' prices. Stay here you win 'AGBALUMO' price undecided

1 Like

Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by alterswerve(m): 3:57am On Sep 05, 2014
chykeo: BAck in the days, I tried so much so many times to read WEEP NOT CHILD by Ngugui Wa Thiongo but couldnt
It is my most uninteresting book
C'mon. I dση't agree o. That book is interesting jor.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by aydriano(m): 12:40pm On Sep 05, 2014
Somebody mentioned the african child by camara laye as a boring book nawa oo... that book is thought provoking, one of the best books i hv eva read.. hmmm anoda mentionef ngugi wa thiong o's weep not child.. hmm again if u had a bit knowledge on africa history through post colonial and pre colonial times.. u would appreciate.. also 1984 by george orwell is a classic... it starts awt slow bt try 2 persevere wit it... as for most boring book i hv eva read.. it has 2 b d return of d native.. forgotten who wrote it.. its jst there in ma bookshelf lookn at me.. i couldnt even finish it... and dats sayin sumtn.. wen i start i finish bt damn... mayb i shld gv it anoda try....
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by Misblah(f): 8:01am On Sep 06, 2014
Mine was The Interpreters by Wole Soyinka. That book has no central plot! Just disjointed scences here nd there angry I can't believe 'my' Wole Soyinka wrote that thing.
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by aydriano(m): 10:21am On Sep 06, 2014
Wole soyinka's books are always over complicated angry
Re: Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. by AudreyTimms(f): 9:30am On Sep 07, 2014
The Final Quest by Rick Joyner

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

... / Summary Of The Art Of War By Sun Tzu / Bad Spread (An Awareness Fiction Story on Ebola Virus)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.