Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Are We Alone In The Universe? - Science/Technology (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Are We Alone In The Universe? (54478 Views)

The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! / 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. / Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 11:31am On Feb 02, 2016
Setaje:
All I no is I have seen ufo's twice. The same kind that people said they have seen. A flying saucer. Here in Nigeria. Twice. Don't care if you don't believe but I no what I saw. I wasn't sleeping or in a truance. It was as real as seeing an airplane. Only that this one was exactly like a flying saucer.
really, chai as I want take believe this one na
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by zicoraads: 11:35am On Feb 02, 2016
Setaje:
All I no is I have seen ufo's twice. The same kind that people said they have seen. A flying saucer. Here in Nigeria. Twice. Don't care if you don't believe but I no what I saw. I wasn't sleeping or in a truance. It was as real as seeing an airplane. Only that this one was exactly like a flying saucer.
You were only hallucinating...and the second one was a déjà vutongue

2 Likes

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 11:36am On Feb 02, 2016
chccho:

your over sabi is too much and thats where u are shooting yourself in the leg...
u seem to have answers to everyones post but the simple question is this.
if the earth has been in existence millions of years ago, and u havent lived more than a 100, then who are u to tell what has been, what is and what will be? when u cant even tell what is next for u ..

all he is saying is that u can not conclude what u saw was an alien
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 11:37am On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
really, chai as I want take believe this one na
Hahahahaha honestly i am not disputing the fact that people may see what they claim to see..

My own position is that once you call it U.F.O means its unidentified, you have no idea what it is..

so why formulate alien visitation theories based on what you have no idea what it is?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 11:38am On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
I wonder why it is so hard to understand bro... they just don't want their claims/theories challenged

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 11:40am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
I wonder why it is so hard to understand bro... they just don't want their claims/theories challenged
that is how most people live
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by dazzlingd(m): 11:42am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
The funny part is bro you keep calling it U.F.O.

For the fact that it is U.F.O which means Unidentified Flying Object means you have not identified what it is so how then can you conclude on what it is when you have not identified exactly what it is.

That you saw something you cannot identify doesn't make it alien, it simply means you are yet to identify it..Once identified we both know it won't be dubbed U.F.O anymore because we now know what it is.

so until we identify and know no need formulating such claims that it is aliens
I understand ur argument and it's quite logical.

but some of these flying objects have formations which is very very unlikely to be any human invention yet very very certain that it's being controlled by some intelligent beings

1 Like

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 11:43am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
Hahahahaha honestly i am not disputing the fact that people may see what they claim to see..

My own position is that once you call it U.F.O means its unidentified, you have no idea what it is..

so why formulate alien visitation theories based on what you have no idea what it is?
hahahaha,mehhn,life na comedy oh ,people get different stories oh.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Joshthefirst(m): 11:44am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
Please sir Gravitons are hypothetical and are predicted to be in quantum levels...
That long post you put up before this one was mostly hypothetical too. Just pointing it out.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 11:45am On Feb 02, 2016
dazzlingd:

but some of these flying objects have formations which is very very unlikely to be any human invention yet very very certain that it's being controlled by some intelligent beings
Lets keep our fingers crossed and avoid assumptive theories until we figure exactly what they are ... thats all am saying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 11:49am On Feb 02, 2016
dazzlingd:

see there are different stories and experience, some people even talk say dem die come back,u expect me to believe millions of stories and hearsays around the world and base my reasoning on that,some say dem see devil, like wtf.different superstition all over the world,mostly African ,why dem nor record am for camera,I nor gree know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 11:49am On Feb 02, 2016
Joshthefirst:
That long post you put up before this one was mostly hypothetical too. Just pointing it out.
Correct!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 11:50am On Feb 02, 2016
LoJ this is an image taken with a telescope owned by SonOfLucifer's neighbour... Check it out.. breathe taking isn't it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by malvisguy212: 11:51am On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
The funny part is bro you keep calling it U.F.O.

For the fact that it is U.F.O which means Unidentified Flying Object means you have not identified what it is so how then can you conclude on what it is when you have not identified exactly what it is.

That you saw something you cannot identify doesn't make it alien, it simply means you are yet to identify it..Once identified we both know it won't be dubbed U.F.O anymore because we now know what it is.

so until we identify and know no need formulating such claims that it is aliens
sorry Johnny for quoting you ( I know you hate that) . If you identified it as U.F.O ,is it wrong to conclude , what you saw was an alien (u.f.o) ? Because it is an unidentified object prior to it discovery mean you cannot conclude is an alien ? Going by your explanation, does it mean we can never identified UFO because its unidentified ? Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Setaje(f): 11:54am On Feb 02, 2016
dazzlingd:

no one wud believe, they will say u saw somtin else, they will say it was jst ur mind, u watch too much movies or they simply laugh....
my curiosity in ufo started after what I experienced sometimes back. But I cared not sharing with anyone cus no one wud believe anyway

Abeg share wiv me na. sad. Am glad I am not alone
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 11:57am On Feb 02, 2016
malvisguy212:
sorry Johnny for quoting you ( I know you hate that) . If you identified it as U.F.O ,is it wrong to conclude , what you saw was an alien (u.f.o) ? Because it is an unidentified object prior to it discovery mean you cannot conclude is an alien ? Going by your explanation, does it mean we can never identified UFO because its unidentified ? Thank you.
[b] Am happy you quote for me for something good sir.

I mean.. If you see an object now very far from where you are probably seating right now, and you do not have a closer look so cannot say exactly what that thing is..

It is will be very wrong of you to conclude that thing is a cat when you do not really know what exactly it is..

what if it is a dog or a goat.... so it is better you first of all have a closer look to observe and find out exactly what that thing is whether it is actually a goat, dog, cat etc..

so you see thats the thing with U.F.Os .. it is called U.F.O because the observer haven't identified what they are exactly assuming they are aliens is just exactly like assuming the thing you saw from a far is a cat in the example above.

If we identify these objects we won't call them U.F.Os anymore but we will regard them to be exactly what it is ... Space/ship, cloud or others.

I have shown that we have cloud formations that look like saucers often mistaken as U.F.O sightings.

So my position is let us not assume until we know
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by leksyib14: 11:58am On Feb 02, 2016
UFOs—Natural or Supernatural? With these facts in mind—that the probability of cellular life in outer space is practically less than zero—we are left in a quandary concerning UFOs. Numerous testimonials show that UFOs defy all known laws of physics. UFOs have been clocked traveling at supersonic speeds—over 20,000 mph—a speed that would melt any known components. Our rockets must have heat-resistant shields for reentry at much slower speeds. UFOs are able to change direction instantaneously— sometimes at 90-degree angles—at speeds that would atomize any physical spacecraft. Although UFOs fly higher and faster than any known man-made devices, there are never any “sonic booms” from breaking the sound barrier. The only sounds associated with UFOs, if any, are humming noises. UFOs are able to appear on and off radar at will, accelerating and decelerating at fantastic speeds instantaneously—a physical impossibility. UFOs are not uniform in size and shape or color. Some are large, some small. Some are round, some oblong, and some “cigar-shaped.” Some have “windows”; some do not. Colors vary from white to black, silver to yellow, green or blue. If a “fleet” of extraterrestrial star ships flew to earth, there would logically be more similarity in shape, size, and structure.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by leksyib14: 12:01pm On Feb 02, 2016
“UFOs” In the Bible? We find in the first chapter of the book of Ezekiel a description of four living creatures called cherubim. Cherubim are the highest order of angels. From Ezekiel’s description of them, they appear to have been compound figures, unlike any other object in nature; they actually possessed the features of several animals ( Ezekiel 1:10 ; 41:18– 19 ). But notice how they moved: “Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward .… And they went every one straight forward: whither the spirit was to go, they went; and they turned not when they went” ( Ezekiel 1:9 , 12 ). In other words, the cherubim, having four faces, each facing a different direction, moved at right angles. They did not have to bank a curve. Verse 14 speaks of their coming and going as being lightning fast. Ezekiel 1:15–21 and 10:9 , 17 speak of the cherubim in connection with “ a wheel in the middle of a wheel ,” as though it were some kind of gyroscope.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 12:03pm On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
LoJ this is an image taken with a telescope owned by SonOfLucifer's neighbour... Check it out.. breathe taking isn't it?
is that the moon
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by malvisguy212: 12:05pm On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
[b] Am happy you quote for me for something good sir.

I mean.. If you see an object now very far from where you are probably seating right now, and you do not have a closer look so cannot say exactly what that thing is..

It is will be very wrong of you to conclude that thing is a cat when you do not really know what exactly it is..

what if it is a dog or a goat.... so it is better you first of all have a closer look to observe and find out exactly what that thing is whether it is actually a goat, dog, cat etc..

so you see thats the thing with U.F.Os .. it is called U.F.O because the observer haven't identified what they are exactly assuming they are aliens is just exactly like assuming the thing you saw from a far is a cat in the example above.

If we identify these objects we won't call them U.F.Os anymore but we will regard them to be exactly what it is ... Space/ship, cloud or others.

I have shown that we have cloud formations that look like saucers often mistaken as U.F.O sightings.

So my position is let us not assume until we know
[/b]
alright. Understood.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 12:12pm On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
is that the moon
Yes... it is outstanding what a small Galilean telescope can achieve... Am dying to get mine..

If i do i will be posting pictures of celestial bodies i encounter in my night gazing which i know will always stretch pass 2am .. Astronomy is my love bro it is both fascinating and humbling

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
Yes... it is outstanding what a small Galilean telescope can achieve... Am dying to get mine..

If i do i will be posting pictures of celestial bodies i encounter in my night gazing which i know will always stretch pass 2am .. Astronomy is my love bro it is both fascinating and humbling
Waouhh. The picture is super. Is the guy living in Nigeria? If so maybe you should ask him where he got his.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 12:26pm On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:

that was what brought me to deism oh,every form of life especially outer space is just inspiring and calling for systematic enquiry,if I have my way I would make all my kids scientist,but people chose life for themselves, anyway I have one microscope with me,though am not a fan of biology I just dey observe some small stuff wake dem dey earth here,do u know to get a telescope,that microscope nor be even my own seft.am currently fascinated by two things na,one is astronomy and the other is archaeology.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by chccho(m): 12:26pm On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
pls where did i conclude or say i saw an alien?
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 12:27pm On Feb 02, 2016
chccho:
pls where did i conclude or say i saw an alien?
ok
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 12:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
LoJ:

Waouhh. The picture is super. Is the guy living in Nigeria? If so maybe you should ask him where he got his.
Naaaah he lives abroad but they gave me an idea ebay.com..

will check local stores though am not hoping to find it

1 Like

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 12:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
that was what brought me to deism oh,every form of life especially outer space is just inspiring and calling for systematic enquiry,if I have my way I would make all my kids scientist,but people chose life for themselves, anyway I have one microscope with me,though am not a fan of biology I just dey observe some small stuff wake dem dey earth here,do u know to get a telescope,that microscope nor be even my own seft.am currently fascinated by two things na,one is astronomy and the other is archaeology.
I love archeology too bro because it reveals for us the actuality of history other than what history books or stories say..

E.G.. am trying to see where i can get a telescope here bro..
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 12:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
I love archeology too bro because it reveals for us the actuality of history other than what history books or stories say..

E.G.. am trying to see where i can get a telescope here bro..
o nor dey play with two things oh,okay make I carry out enquiry,Nigeria seft I nor go or this kind things oh
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 12:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
Naaaah he lives abroad but they gave me an idea ebay.com..

will check local stores though am not hoping to find it

son of Lucifer stays abroad
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 12:37pm On Feb 02, 2016
leksyib14:
“UFOs” In the Bible?
We find in the first chapter of the book of
Ezekiel a description of four living creatures called
cherubim. Cherubim are the highest order of angels.
From Ezekiel’s description of them, they appear to
have been compound figures, unlike any other
object in nature; they actually possessed the
features of several animals ( Ezekiel 1:10 ; 41:18–
19 ). But notice how they moved: “Their wings were
joined one to another; they turned not when they
went; they went every one straight forward .… And
they went every one straight forward: whither the
spirit was to go, they went; and they turned
not when they went” ( Ezekiel 1:9 , 12 ). In other
words, the cherubim, having four faces, each facing
a different direction, moved at right angles. They did
not have to bank a curve. Verse 14 speaks of their
coming and going as being lightning fast. Ezekiel
1:15–21 and 10:9 , 17 speak of the cherubim in
connection with “ a wheel in the middle of a wheel ,”
as though it were some kind of gyroscope.
but this na science section na abeg go religion oh.abeg o nor wan talk all this kind talk abeggggg.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Laid2001: 12:40pm On Feb 02, 2016
As a muslim and a scientist, I know that we are not alone in our world and infact our world is not the only world.!

First Verse in the Quran says: " Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the WORLDS"

This was the first affirmation that there are other worlds apart from the evident one to us for now.

We scientists have not been able to find it because, it is not yet time to find them, but God almighty has granted us the ability to find it and it will be found when the time comes. We just have to be unrelenting in our efforts towards the knowledge.

Allahs says in Suratul-Rahman, that, "... let man and the jinns try to go into the space if they can, but they will not be able to do it, until Allah permits"

This implies that we will be able to go there sometime in the future, we just have to continue trying!.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Boy Kills Huge Cobra In Kogi After Invading His House. Photos / Huge Python Delivering Money In Zimbabwe (Video) / Stunning And Rare Mammatus Clouds Form On Argentina Skies (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.