Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Are We Alone In The Universe? - Science/Technology (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Are We Alone In The Universe? (54398 Views)

The Look Of The Entire Universe In One Picture -awesome! / 10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. / Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 12:43pm On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
o nor dey play with two things oh,okay make I carry out enquiry,Nigeria seft I nor go or this kind things oh
erusen:
son of Lucifer stays abroad
Asin eeeeehn e tire me ..9ja na nonsense
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 12:43pm On Feb 02, 2016
Laid2001:
As a muslim and a scientist, I know that we are not alone in our world and infact our world is not the only world.!

First Verse in the Quran says: " Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the WORLDS"

This was the first affirmation that there are other worlds apart from the evident one to us for now.

We scientists have not been able to find it because, it is not yet time to find them, but God almighty has granted us the ability to find it and it will be found when the time comes. We just have to be unrelenting in our efforts towards the knowledge.

Allahs says in Suratul-Rahman, that, "... let man and the jinns try to go into the space if they can, but they will not be able to do it, until Allah permits"

This implies that we will be able to go there sometime in the future, we just have to continue trying!.

are u aware that religion have no place in science
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by FILEBE(m): 1:19pm On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
[b]You see sometimes i wonder how people reason a times when they try to conjure up absurd reasons for their superstition.

Gravity? Now trying to be reconciled with the claim of metaphysical... isn't that a stupid and desperate clutch.. Because First "Gravity" is not a thing..

Throw your phone up and it falls back down into your hands that is what we call Gravity and not a thing..

You see that you are in a desperate gasp trying to wriggle and convince yourself of some bunch of bullcraps by trying to compare it with gravity has in entirety murdered that desperation because now you will have to agree that your "Metaphysics" claims are not a thing just like gravity is not a thing but the effect of interactions of material entities.

Don't go wishy on me.. If you have evidence for you claims bring it out don't go pulling out childish comparison like this comparing claims of your idea that are supposed to be a "thing" with a concept that is not..

It is not only nonsensical i am inclined to call it lunacy
[/b]

You throw your phone and it falls down. You call it gravity. How do you explain shooting someone at close range yet not a single bullet touched him? You are looking for proofs for metaphysicals ...you have to find it. Apparently. U have not been seeking for knowledge enough.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by FILEBE(m): 1:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
[quote author=erusen post=42542036][/quote]
if you want to find answers. You know where to look.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 1:38pm On Feb 02, 2016
FILEBE:

if you want to find answers. You know where to look.
interesting
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 1:48pm On Feb 02, 2016
FILEBE:

You throw your phone and it falls down. You call it gravity. How do you explain shooting someone at close range yet not a single bullet touched him? You are looking for proofs for metaphysicals ...you have to find it. Apparently. U have not been seeking for knowledge enough.
Can we experiment on it... am sure it will be fun..

Let me throw my phone up and it falls back down... then let me bring my own gun and shoot you at close range lets see what happens... am sure the result will put it to rest...

You in? grin
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 1:52pm On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
interesting
They just don't understand that the scientific method is Once you observe something, you experiment on it to ascertain the mechanics of that observation and prove beyond doubt that you are right..

Claiming it isn't just enough..

I have proposed we put his metaphysical prowess to the test.. Lets demonstrate it and experiment on it let me bring my own gun and bullet and we will see how it doesn't penetrate his flesh..

Imagine what that technology can do for us?
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 1:58pm On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
They just don't understand that the scientific method is Once you observe something, you experiment on it to ascertain the mechanics of that observation and prove beyond doubt that you are right..

Claiming it isn't just enough..

I have proposed we put his metaphysical prowess to the test.. Lets demonstrate it and experiment on it let me bring my own gun and bullet and we will see how it doesn't penetrate his flesh..

Imagine what that technology can do for us?
science have no stories no emotions or testimonies if u believe and then u should f u c king prove it,simple as ABC,they will come here and be disturbing us
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by micodon(m): 2:04pm On Feb 02, 2016
Setaje:
All I no is I have seen ufo's twice. The same kind that people said they have seen. A flying saucer. Here in Nigeria. Twice. Don't care if you don't believe but I no what I saw. I wasn't sleeping or in a truance. It was as real as seeing an airplane. Only that this one was exactly like a flying saucer.

You people have been watching too many movies. Please, if you don't mind, we are talking science here. I mean, REAL SCIENCE.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 2:04pm On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
science have no stories no emotions or testimonies if u believe and then u should f u c king prove it,simple as ABC,they will come here and be disturbing us
See me ooo my brother i wonder why people are clutching on things by emotions ..

I do not dispute his claims of preternatural abilities i only doubt it, the least he could do is show me he is right by substantiating his claims.

You claim there is a situation where you can be immune to bullets, great .lets test it.. As simple as that.

Don't bring the gun i will get my own gun and police report then we will put your claims to the test..

I am not looking for things to believe, In fact i will like to throw away the idea of unsubstantiated beliefs. i am looking for things to find out..

So no matter how much you claim a thing over and over again it will never make it true, believing it will never make it true..

How is this too hard my brother?
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by FILEBE(m): 2:04pm On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
Can we experiment on it... am sure it will be fun..

Let me throw my phone up and it falls back down... then let me bring my own gun and shoot you at close range lets see what happens... am sure the result will put it to rest...

You in? grin

i'll gladly like to but what part of earth are you from? Africa?
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 2:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
FILEBE:

i'll gladly like to but what part of earth are you from? Africa?
Africa, Nigeria, Enugu state... that is where i live ..

Will be glad to do the experiment
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by FILEBE(m): 2:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
interesting

When next you hear such stories. Do me the favour of investigating deeply. You shall find your answers. Once again.thread with caution
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by FILEBE(m): 2:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
Africa, Nigeria, Enugu state... that is where i live ..

Will be glad to do the experiment

Sweet! Did you grow up there?
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 2:14pm On Feb 02, 2016
FILEBE:

Sweet! Did you grow up there?
Yes
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 2:14pm On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
See me ooo my brother i wonder why people are clutching on things by emotions ..

I do not dispute his claims of preternatural abilities i only doubt it, the least he could do is show me he is right by substantiating his claims.

You claim there is a situation where you can be immune to bullets, great .lets test it.. As simple as that.

Don't bring the gun i will get my own gun and police report then we will put your claims to the test..

I am not looking for things to believe, In fact i will like to throw away the idea of unsubstantiated beliefs. i am looking for things to find out..

So no matter how much you claim a thing over and over again it will never make it true, believing it will never make it true..

How is this too hard my brother?
me when I here talk supernatural I go just dey look them,as in every thing is just stories ,if I was a journalist I go for fit believe but sorry am too empirical for stuffs like that,I don't even gossip the thing come be like curse for my body I just want a logical proof from those people bro,but since they can't give so they should not talk about it simple,or try to force it on me,na my brother nor dey even fit talk to me again.

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 2:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
FILEBE:

When next you hear such stories. Do me the favour of investigating deeply. You shall find your answers. Once again.thread with caution
u only investigate what u see,feel,or any thing observable through ur physical sense
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 2:17pm On Feb 02, 2016
micodon:

You people have been watching too many movies. Please, if you don't mind, we are talking science here. I mean, REAL SCIENCE.
my guy I just tire oh
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by FILEBE(m): 2:27pm On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
u only investigate what u see,feel,or any thing observable through ur physical sense

let's assume i accept that theory. Can we bend the rules? Let us think the other way. Gravity can't be seen but can be felt. Investigate with that sense to start wiug.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by dazzlingd(m): 2:46pm On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
my guy I just tire oh
Mr. I gave a reply above....
The question is this, how many years have u lived and how old is humanity compared to this ageless universe..
humanity is jst a flash of existence compared to the age of the universe, what the whole humanity has ever discovered is yet to reach 0.1% of the universe.

then who are you to rule out a possibility of somethings existing....don't be too cocky...your age and knowledge is insignificant to this ageless universe
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by medexico(m): 2:49pm On Feb 02, 2016
mrphysics:
just passing but let me add something.

when science talk about life somewhere else, they are not possibly looking for human being or complex animals or beings.

When we have water, plant and other basic forms of life, then science say there is life in that planet or place. because if water exist, plants can grow, micro organisms and other forms of life exists.

so lets stop thinking too far and weird.

Those beings may not need water.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by taurus25(m): 3:01pm On Feb 02, 2016
Any thoughts on what exactly the WOW signal was?
i think its status is still 'unknown'
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by erusen: 3:06pm On Feb 02, 2016
dazzlingd:

Mr. I gave a reply above....
The question is this, how many years have u lived and how old is humanity compared to this ageless universe..
humanity is jst a flash of existence compared to the age of the universe, what the whole humanity has ever discovered is yet to reach 0.1% of the universe.

then who are you to rule out a possibility of somethings existing....don't be too cocky...your age and knowledge is insignificant to this ageless universe
I didn't claim to be Einstein neither did I claim to be the oldest mammal on earth,as a physicist I make claim through a systematic enquiry and logical analysis.what u say have no proof

Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 3:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
I didn't claim to be Einstein neither did I claim to be the oldest mammal on earth,as a physicist I make claim through a systematic enquiry and logical analysis.what u say have no proof
Gbam!!!
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by johnydon22(m): 3:13pm On Feb 02, 2016
taurus25:
Any thoughts on what exactly the WOW signal was?

i think its status is still 'unknown'
The possibilities are endless bro..

Maybe a radio satellite wrongly beamed radio signals down, a pulsar star, artificial radio source(alien in this case but if it is why haven't we established contact through the signal wavelength) there are dozens of possibilities and it can leave a hopeful optimism in the mind even though slim but let us not assume yet until confirmed
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by dazzlingd(m): 3:14pm On Feb 02, 2016
erusen:
there are logical reasonings and there are creative reasonings, logical reasoning is drawing from available facts....creative reasoning is drawing outside the box. How much facts do u have? The physics u know is based on whose discoveries....read, understand and reason not battling to win mere arguments..did I not say that man is yet to discover much of our universe? Therefore u are in no position to rule out any possibility same as any other being
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by TheDauraMallam: 3:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
micodon:

bros, I didn't ask for definitions.... DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPTS? In a nutshell, every object in the universe is moving at 4 velocities (3 in the spatial dimensions and 1 in the time dimension). THE SUM OF THESE VELOCITIES ALWAYS EQUALS THE SPEED OF LIGHT. Therefore, when you go faster in the spatial dimensions, your velocity in the time dimension reduces relative to your velocity in the spatial dimensions. Let's represent this in a simple equation. X + Y + Z + T = c. Where X, Y, Z are the velocities in your Cartesian coordinates, T is your velocity in the time dimension, and c is the speed of light.

Now what happens when you reach a velocity that equals c in your spatial dimensions? We make T the subject of the formula, like so.... T = C - (X + Y +Z). Because x+y+z = c, T = 0. So at the speed of light, time stops for the object. That is why light photons are ageless... They travel at c, so T for them = 0.

Now what happens when You go past the speed of light in your spatial dimensions? That means (X + Y + Z) becomes greater than C. Therefore time becomes negative. What does it mean for time to flow in the negative direction? I leave you to answer that.

This is all fine Mathematically. But according to Einstein, the speed of light is the speed limit of the universe.. Nothing can go beyond it. That's where going back in time fails in practical

I can only imagine how brilliant Einstein was. Make dem go abort that kind baby smiley
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Laid2001: 4:09pm On Feb 02, 2016
Well for me, I have found out that there are more science in my religion than there are religion in Science.!

It means for you guys looking at science, you will find it difficult to find (space for) religion in it.

Yet, if only you could take a look at religion, you will find a lot of science in it.

erusen:
are u aware that religion have no place in science
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Hero10001: 4:11pm On Feb 02, 2016
dazzlingd:

for those that might not read, can u summarie the answers
If you really wanna know, go get your bible and read it up!
"those who do not move will not notice their chains"
We are fvcking alone, finding some life form in the universe is futile and evolution theories are pure bullsh.its.
"GOD created the heavens and the earth" ~Genesis 1&2.
Even google won't deny the fact, try it.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Jimmyo3(m): 4:12pm On Feb 02, 2016
horbafemie:

I wonder oooo
How could he possibly compare gravity with light??
Just passing by tho
He is absolutely correct in his comparison Using Quantum Theory, gravity and light are comparable because according to Quantum Mechanics(theory) everything that exist both in the macro(physical),micro(quantum) and even wave(spiritual) dimension is made up of energy vibrating in different frequencies including gravity and light,even your thought is manifestation of vibrating energies in matching frequencies, without energy there will be no gravity. So therefore Quanta=Energy=Gravity
Quanta=Energy=Photon=Light
The individual unit of light is the photon and the individual unit of energy is quanta, hence Quantum Theory state that energy is made up of individual particles or unit called quanta or energy is quantized. If energy being the basis of everything is quantized by simple analogy gravity is also quantized. Both concept of light and energy are comparable because of quantization.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by Hero10001: 4:13pm On Feb 02, 2016
johnydon22:
Imagine this nonsense... Tell me how Nigeria is ever going to grow in science when her Youths are like this @erusen ..The bible that didn't know "day/night cannot come before the sun on planet earth..

Religion has literally turned Nigerian youths to simpletons.. i don't see a bright light at the end of the tunnel
I find it difficult disscussing with someone that evolved from an ape.
Re: Are We Alone In The Universe? by SoftHeart(m): 4:19pm On Feb 02, 2016
traveling close to the speed of light.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Huge Python Delivering Money In Zimbabwe (Video) / Boy Kills Huge Cobra In Kogi After Invading His House. Photos / Stunning And Rare Mammatus Clouds Form On Argentina Skies (Pics, Video)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85