Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Married Couples Vs Dating Couples - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Married Couples Vs Dating Couples (11302 Views)

Is MouthAction Godly for Married Couples? help! / How many times shd married couples have sex in a week? / Is It Okay For Married Couples To Make Love Before Going To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by serubawon(m): 4:59pm On Oct 30, 2006
Life can be funny.

I have noticed a very big difference about married couples and dating couples.  Look in any naija city.  When you see a married couple in a car, the man is always frowning with so much seriousness and the woman is usually looking out the window with that expression that says "if you like, frown make you explode".  however, when you see a dating couple in a car, they are almost making out in full view of people.  the lady is usually seated facing the guy (sideways) and the guy has this relaxed look on his face.  Most of the time, she is feeding him some kind of pastry from a fast food joint.  Wasn't this how the married couples started out

My question is [b]WHAT WENT WRONG??[b]

Why are the couples having this metamorphosis from "happy go lucky" to " i wish i could get out of this prison"

What do you think?

11 Likes

Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by chinedumo(m): 5:40pm On Jul 29, 2010
nice observation
i find ur classification amusing and new
i am thinking about it

3 Likes

Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by Ziggyjoel(f): 5:48pm On Jul 29, 2010
:p
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by breathless(m): 6:50pm On Jul 29, 2010
Reason? "Motor don change gear and Status has changed" grin. But seriously, with marriage comes a whole lot of changes. I think it has to do with compartibility after the "I do" ceremony. However, if you have a great conversationist for a partner, (not a talkative or gossipmo) you can still keep that part of the relationship burning.
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by mee2: 12:24am On Jul 30, 2010
marriage is a beautiful thing, visit the website for more details,

1 Like

Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by double08(m): 12:26am On Jul 30, 2010
Nigeria Jaga Jaga,EVERYTHING scatter scatter,why will he smile when he is thinking about house rent,school fees,food stuffs e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by TruMantra(m): 3:35am On Jul 30, 2010
Your observations are only partially true. I know some married folk that are lovey dovey after several years.

Still, the reason why dating folk always appear more in love is simple. No matter how much time they have dated, there is still the possibility that they can part. When you do not have complete ownership, you always value an object more.

Ever wanted something so bad? A car? A certain accesory? A house? Well, how did you feel after you had owned it for a while?

Staying lovey doevy takes work. Why would a married couple make out in public when they have a whole house to get raunchy in? It's the reason why babes that live with their boyfriends are not so smart. Why would a guy pay for what he is getting free? No way!

5 Likes

Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by Tosinville(m): 1:51pm On Jul 30, 2010
@double08, yeah! Man u jus hit it on d head thatz why 9ja men aint smiling, man.
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by serubawon(m): 9:30pm On Aug 02, 2010
Tru Mantra:

Your observations are only partially true. I know some married folk that are lovey dovey after several years.

Still, the reason why dating folk always appear more in love is simple. No matter how much time they have dated, there is still the possibility that they can part. When you do not have complete ownership, you always value an object more.

Ever wanted something so bad? A car? A certain accesory? A house? Well, how did you feel after you had owned it for a while?
?
Staying lovey doevy takes work. Why would a married couple make out in public when they have a whole house to get raunchy in? It's the reason why babes that live with their boyfriends are not so smart. Why would a guy pay for what he is getting free? No way!

@Tru Mantra, agreed (in part). However, I got 2 questions for you. Are you married? And if you are, what have you been doing to keep it spicy? A lot of marrried couples kinda lose it after the first year of marriage. If you go around asking, you get a lot of miserable stories about marriage from "young" couples. So, where do you think they are going wrong? And what do you think they can do to keep that spark in their marriages?
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by invisible2(m): 9:51pm On Aug 02, 2010
A 14 year old girl was watching her mum UnCloth, she suddenly asked, "mummy, why is your boobies fallen and shrunk while mine is straight and pointed?"

The mum just looked at her and smiled, her answer, "My daughter, you will see what I saw when its time"

2 Likes

Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by luap: 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2010
Yes, we frown sometimes. Really with the right partner you will do more smiling then frowning. I frown when the wife is PMSing, She is a real pain in the bum.

I piss her off sometimes also. I guess when your married, you can really let your reservations go and be the real you. When your a dating couple, we put our best foot forward.

1 Like

Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by serubawon(m): 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2010
luap:

Yes, we frown sometimes. Really with the right partner you will do more smiling then frowning. I frown when the wife is PMSing, She is a real pain in the bum.

I piss her off sometimes also. I guess when your married, you can really let your reservations go and be the real you. When your a dating couple, we put our best foot forward.

Very true.
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by dollz(f): 3:03pm On Aug 19, 2010
@serubawon u sound more confident by the way u type, God has really bin your strenght
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by olapo(f): 4:49pm On Aug 19, 2010
i believe to maintain the dating status in marriage, you must stay far away from relatives that keep reminding u both that u are married (they tell u woman dress like a married woman, man stop staying out late, both of u start thinking about raising kids and so on, ), try to continue ur usual way of life, partying, clubbing and special date nights, when u start behaving too matured and too responsible then u lose it and u start frowning up and down, u will notice that aristos and their girlfriends are always laughing, reason , they don't behave like they have one special thing going on and that is marriage.

5 Likes

Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by serubawon(m): 11:53pm On Aug 19, 2010
dollz:

@serubawon u sound more confident by the way u type, God has really bin your strenght

Confident? I hope so. My late wife and I used to have this game of guessing which couples were married or not. The funny thing was that it was so obvious which ones were married or not. That got me thinking about marriage, dating and the challenges people were facing as couples. Gives you food for thought, huh?
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by double08(m): 12:11am On Aug 20, 2010
I smell something
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by googles: 12:52am On Aug 20, 2010
serubawon:

Confident? I hope so. [b]My late wife and I [/b]used to have this game of guessing which couples were married or not. The funny thing was that it was so obvious which ones were married or not. That got me thinking about marriage, dating and the challenges people were facing as couples. Gives you food for thought, huh?

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

sorry
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by TPorter: 12:37pm On Oct 12, 2012
Well! to me it is not all married couples that posse in your descriptions above. Am married for over five years now and we have a happy home, always joyful and we even love to be together at all time not only in the house even anywhere we find our self.

Well may be i will add to it by saying that marriage issues are very sensitive issues but it is a pity that so many went into it without been considered the sensitivity in marriage relationship and that is why we have all sorts of problem in marital relationship today. And may be i will put up some information for us all that has help our own marriage for others to learn too. Marriage is enjoyable and if you find a good wife you have find a good thing and obtain favor from God.
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by DANILSA(m): 6:25pm On Oct 12, 2012
DATING IS A DRAMA WHILE MARRIAGE IS REAL ACTION, IN DATING YOU HAVE MANY LIVES WHILE IN MARRIAGE YOU HAVE JUST ONE.

1 Like

Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by Kslib(m): 6:28pm On Oct 12, 2012
double08: Nigeria Jaga Jaga,EVERYTHING scatter scatter,why will he smile when he is thinking about house rent,school fees,food stuffs e.t.c
Your head na jaga jaga,even your hair na scatter scatter,gbooosa gboooosa two slaps on his head... So you didn't ask yourself this question " What if the man is rich?"...

2 Likes

Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by Orikinla(m): 6:34pm On Oct 12, 2012
serubawon: Life can be funny.

I have noticed a very big difference about married couples and dating couples.  Look in any naija city.  When you see a married couple in a car, the man is always frowning with so much seriousness and the woman is usually looking out the window with that expression that says "if you like, frown make you explode".  however, when you see a dating couple in a car, they are almost making out in full view of people.  the lady is usually seated facing the guy (sideways) and the guy has this relaxed look on his face.  Most of the time, she is feeding him some kind of pastry from a fast food joint.  Wasn't this how the married couples started out

My question is [b]WHAT WENT WRONG??[b]

Why are the couples having this metamorphosis from "happy go lucky" to " i wish i could get out of this prison"

What do you think?
[size=18pt]
For married couples, it is a LIFE SENTENCE UNTIL..
But for the dating couples, it is still a romantic adventure of "Tickle my fancy" affair.[/size]
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by chieftekena: 6:46pm On Oct 12, 2012
serubawon:
you are very correct
Very true.
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by emenim(m): 6:47pm On Oct 12, 2012
I think it all depends on the way couple started from their courting, where everyone is just being his or her self, you do not place your hands where you cannot hang your clothes, being truthful and all that. i think it takes the two of them to work things out
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by BrutusOj(m): 6:48pm On Oct 12, 2012
Been single is the best grin grin

1 Like

Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by Sijo01(f): 6:55pm On Oct 12, 2012
Lol.... nice observation @op but not all sha.
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by AB10(m): 7:08pm On Oct 12, 2012
Effective communication and reason is the key!
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by Bunchersstab(m): 7:19pm On Oct 12, 2012
Next topic please
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by babysnogls: 7:22pm On Oct 12, 2012
Kslib:
Your head na jaga jaga,even your hair na scatter scatter,gbooosa gboooosa two slaps on his head... So you didn't ask yourself this question " What if the man is rich?"...
ROTFL.. Una no go kill person wt laff!
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by MrsChima1(f): 7:26pm On Oct 12, 2012
When my husband and I dated...we were dating other people. I believe that dating is not a relationship...it is a time where you are learning about the people and if the right person comes along then you become serious hence engagement.

I was dating another person when I met my husband and I do not believe in casual sex nor intimate encounters...I like knowing that I am disease free! Anyway...my husband was a celibate when he met me because he became a spiritual man and he wanted to start fresh with his future wife. We spend time knowing each other while still being us without titles and expectations that is when you have more fun and freedom.

We became serious and then our expectations grew and we no longer had freedom because we were engaged to be married but we still function the same way we did when we were dating except we are exclusive to each other.

I have no regrets marrying my husband and when I am without him I am incomplete because we are one and we thrive to make each other happy and comfortable. My husband is the bestest friend I ever had and when we are together in public...people always say we are sister and brother...(don't know what that mean but I will leave that alone) and say that they wish they had an intimate relationship like ours. Yes, we have our arguments but we listen to each other and express our opinions and then we come to a middle ground and move on.

Letting go silly shit is the key in marriage...if you forgive your partner...FORGIVE YOUR PARTNER WITHOUT HARPING ON IT LATER ON. If you can't forgive your partner...let him/her go. How can you expect couples to smile if they are not happy? Communicate, understand, compromise, relate, listen, respect, and be patience with one another.

Let silly shit go and move on to better things in your marriage that will bring a smile to your face.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 12, 2012

(1) (2) (Reply)

U Must Not Marry, U Must Not Have Kids. / Cheating Wife. Advise Needed / How A Virgin Almost Died In My Crib

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.