Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,993 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Married Couples Vs Dating Couples - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Married Couples Vs Dating Couples (11306 Views)

Is MouthAction Godly for Married Couples? help! / How many times shd married couples have sex in a week? / Is It Okay For Married Couples To Make Love Before Going To Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 12, 2012
It would be nice for you to put up some of the information. Knowledge as they say is power and we learn everyday...smiley
T. Porter:

And may be i will put up some information for us all that has help our own marriage for others to learn too.

Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 12, 2012
First of all, what do u mean by d word couples? I beleive dat there's no difference btw a married couple and a dating couple. Rather it shuld b maried and dating. i believe dat if both partners are meant 4 each other there shuld'nt b any difficulty or frowng and whateva if they are maried. D truth is dat many of us rush into mariage witout thinking or reasong abt d consequences ahead.
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by MyneWhite1(f): 8:27pm On Oct 12, 2012
not all marriages are like that sha.
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 12, 2012
mem88: First of all, what do u mean by d word couples? I beleive dat there's no difference btw a married couple and a dating couple. Rather it shuld b maried and dating. i believe dat if both partners are meant 4 each other there shuld'nt b any difficulty or frowng and whateva if they are maried. D truth is dat many of us rush into mariage witout thinking or reasong abt d consequences ahead.

There is a great difference between dating and being married. One has seal while the other doesn't. When challenges comes in marriage couple weather the storm together, but in dating its OYO.
Marriage is sweeter because you learn a new aspect of life you never experienced, while dating ?? You can leave Bumi today and hookup with Sade tomorrow smiling and graining your teeth.
In marriage your investment is safe because your hasband/wife eat your food and grow fat within your home while dating, she licks your ice cream and run to hookup with Emeka that will buy her shawama.
The folks that are married that I know are happy and they say sometimes that its all not rosy but its the ultimate. That's Gods plan marriage and not dating.
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 12, 2012
;DHahahahahahaha. Am so laffing my head out here, sure reminds me of me nd ma boo,especially wen eva he is driving me around town...lyk we wld do tomaro
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by babbra(f): 11:10pm On Oct 12, 2012
Wa hapn was da dey fell inlove nd wen da sun came in da reality set in..but wit an understnding person dey can stil blaze in der love..me particularly am kinda scard of marriage
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by Nobody: 1:50am On Oct 13, 2012
All i have to say is that you should get married to your friend and not a stranger,it works out.some do have a short period of courtship,you need enough time to get to know each other.Like i wrote earlier on,it's advisable to get married to someone whom you do play together,share thoughts together even before wooing each other..don't jump into marriage,chikena

1 Like

Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by try69: 3:55am On Oct 13, 2012
MARRY A FRIEND IS THE SIMPLE ANSWER TO ALL THE MANY TALK..Same reason I encourage dating over a period{maybe a long period}.

1 Like

Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by UmericanGirl(f): 4:23am On Oct 13, 2012
try69: MARRY A FRIEND IS THE SIMPLE ANSWER TO ALL THE MANY TALK..Same reason I encourage dating over a period{maybe a long period}.
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by Ovaiegbe(m): 7:59am On Oct 13, 2012
It is interesting to see a thread which started six years ago still fanning such interest. This goes to show the importance of the issue in question to everyone.
Alluding that dating couples are most times happier than married once is not completely true to me. After all as the saying goes,"as you make your bed so you will lie on it." You will all agree with me that there are clumsy dates as there are clumsy marriages.
I'm a guy so I speak as a guy. You can only be happy in your marriage if you can gain the respect of your spouse. Love is good but as the marriage progresses, it is mutual respect that sustain it. So these tips for the guys, (1) Never allow yourself to be seen as an idler or lazy person and (2) Show respect to your spouse - stop flirting, looking at or complementing other ladies in the presence of your wives or even dates. Remember respect is reciprocal.

1 Like

Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by Ovaiegbe(m): 8:17am On Oct 13, 2012
try69: MARRY A FRIEND IS THE SIMPLE ANSWER TO ALL THE MANY TALK..Same reason I encourage dating over a period{maybe a long period}.
You could marry a friend and still have a clumsy marriage. There is a clear difference b/w dating and marriage. One has a responsibility level varying from zero to 80% while marriage on the other hand has a 100% responsibility level. If you are getting less in marriage then you can not be happy and smiling.
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by Topeedo: 10:47am On Oct 13, 2012
WELL FROM MY POINT OF VIEW, I THINK THEY WERE NOT FUN LOVING AS A COUPLE, THEY WERE JUST FORMING BEFORE MARRIAGE...REALITY DAWNED ON THEM AFTER MARRIAGE AND NOW THEY ARE LIVING THEIR REAL SELVES
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by Topeedo: 10:51am On Oct 13, 2012
Ovaiegbe:
You could marry a friend and still have a clumsy marriage. There is a clear difference b/w dating and marriage. One has a responsibility level varying from zero to 80% while marriage on the other hand has a 100% responsibility level. If you are getting less in marriage then you can not be happy and smiling.
YOU CAN NEVER HAVE A CLUMSY MARRIAGE IF YOU MARRIED YOUR TRUE FRIEND...ITS SO IMPOSSIBLE...EXCEPT YOU ARE DEFINING A FRIEND AS AN AQUINTANCE OR SOMEONE THATS JUST YOUR FRIEND BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY ARE GETTING FROM YOU(not necesarilly money), IF THE FRIENDSHIP IS DELIBERATELY SYMBIOTIC, THEN ITS NOT FRIENDSHIP...TRUE FRIENDSHIP COMES WITH ACCEPTANCE, TOLERANCE, SELFLESSNESS...
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 13, 2012
Mrs..Chima:
When my husband and I dated...we were dating other people. I believe that dating is not a relationship...it is a time where you are learning about the people and if the right person comes along then you become serious hence engagement.

I was dating another person when I met my husband and I do not believe in casual sex nor intimate encounters...I like knowing that I am disease free! Anyway...my husband was a celibate when he met me because he became a spiritual man and he wanted to start fresh with his future wife. We spend time knowing each other while still being us without titles and expectations that is when you have more fun and freedom.

We became serious and then our expectations grew and we no longer had freedom because we were engaged to be married but we still function the same way we did when we were dating except we are exclusive to each other.

I have no regrets marrying my husband and when I am without him I am incomplete because we are one and we thrive to make each other happy and comfortable. My husband is the bestest friend I ever had and when we are together in public...people always say we are sister and brother...(don't know what that mean but I will leave that alone) and say that they wish they had an intimate relationship like ours. Yes, we have our arguments but we listen to each other and express our opinions and then we come to a middle ground and move on.

Letting go silly shit is the key in marriage...if you forgive your partner...FORGIVE YOUR PARTNER WITHOUT HARPING ON IT LATER ON. If you can't forgive your partner...let him/her go. How can you expect couples to smile if they are not happy? Communicate, understand, compromise, relate, listen, respect, and be patience with one another.

Let silly shit go and move on to better things in your marriage that will bring a smile to your face.

I hear you. You took advantage of a celibate man. Okay.

1 Like

Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 13, 2012
Nothing can be more true than the poster's assertion. I have observed this repeatedly among couples. Only few married couples appear happy to onlookers.

On the otherhand, i must make sure that my marriage is envied even by ''Adam and Eve''.
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by MrsChima(f): 3:49pm On Oct 13, 2012
okpara ugo:

I hear you. You took advantage of a celibate man. Okay.

By marrying him?? You damn right! Not one regret here buddy!
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by bengasyll(m): 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2012
[color=#770077][/color] cool
Na tru talk be diz with sevral couples
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by siaindeed: 10:14am On Oct 14, 2012
Failure of any partner to get a right choice, I mean bone of your bone and flesh of your flesh, life will undoubtedly remain as you had edited.
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by hassan123(m): 11:56am On Oct 14, 2012
I think generally married men frown cos they have more responsibilities than b4. They now have little freedom. U can not come late from work nor sleep anywhere u like especially when u have children. I am still single but I realise that most of my married friends & brothers take more responsibilities than I do. Since I lost millions in my biz last 2 yrs, I av not been working. I live in my family house. I don't pay 4 anything. But none of my married friends can pack his wife & children 2 his family house n
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by serubawon(m): 10:13pm On Oct 26, 2012
Wow! The responses are completely across the board and honestly, it's only normal for peoples' views to be varied.

In my case, I got married in 1999. Before I met my late wife, I was just a disgrace to responsible manhood. Not that I slept with anything or everything in skirts, no, no. I'm very picky and I loved picking the very difficult ones. The challenge was always a rush for me. Thank God for His mercies. I got born again 3 years before I met my late wife and it helped a lot. For the 1st time in my life, I was dating someone and not having sex with her. It really helped our relationship grow and we could focus on the things that would make our marriage flourish in the future. Things like talking about everything and being honest to each other. The fact that we didn't have sex kind of built up her trust in me tremendously. She knew I wanted to have sex (sooo bad too), but she could see the determination that I would wait till marriage.

Lo and behold, on our wedding night, I found out that she was a virgin and that scared me a bit. I had done everything under the sun in the past. Now, I was scared that the sex was going to be boring because she didn't have any experience. WRONG!!!. God has a way of rewarding you when you've been obedient. Within 6 months, I was the one trying to play catch-up. I remember her telling me one time that she would do anything to ensure that I was satisfied sexually (and she did). Now, even when sex was not on our minds, we could talk and engage ourselves in almost anything because we had 3 years of courtship (without sex) that prepared us for the times when sex was not on the menu.

We were married 6 beautiful years and throughout that period, she would sit in the car the same way she used to sit when we were dating. Even on those times when I had a lot on my mind, she would through a piece of paper in my face while driving and tell me to stop frowning and I'd be smiling like a jackass. For those who think marriage is a curse or prison, I can tell you it's not. It's a wonderful thing when you marry your best friend and do it right.

Maybe that's why 8 years after her passing, I'm still un-married. It took me 7 years to find the right one and I'm going to make sure we do it right. We've been dating almost a year now and it's wonderful. First time I haven't had to compare someone with my late wife and that's a blessing on it's own.

So, what does this all mean? Marry your best friend that understands you in and out. The one that won't freak out when you do some stupid things every once in a while. The one that gives you the benefit of the doubt (even when you don't deserve it). I wish everyone the very best in their marital adventure.

2 Likes

Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by UmericanGirl(f): 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2012
^^^ Touching.
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 27, 2012
people still want to stick to their own selfish of doing things even in marriage,thats where they go wrong
Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by bukatyne(f): 10:38am On Aug 29, 2016
serubawon:
Wow! The responses are completely across the board and honestly, it's only normal for peoples' views to be varied.

In my case, I got married in 1999. Before I met my late wife, I was just a disgrace to responsible manhood. Not that I slept with anything or everything in skirts, no, no. I'm very picky and I loved picking the very difficult ones. The challenge was always a rush for me. Thank God for His mercies. I got born again 3 years before I met my late wife and it helped a lot. For the 1st time in my life, I was dating someone and not having sex with her. It really helped our relationship grow and we could focus on the things that would make our marriage flourish in the future. Things like talking about everything and being honest to each other. The fact that we didn't have sex kind of built up her trust in me tremendously. She knew I wanted to have sex (sooo bad too), but she could see the determination that I would wait till marriage.

Lo and behold, on our wedding night, I found out that she was a virgin and that scared me a bit. I had done everything under the sun in the past. Now, I was scared that the sex was going to be boring because she didn't have any experience. WRONG!!!. God has a way of rewarding you when you've been obedient. Within 6 months, I was the one trying to play catch-up. I remember her telling me one time that she would do anything to ensure that I was satisfied sexually (and she did). Now, even when sex was not on our minds, we could talk and engage ourselves in almost anything because we had 3 years of courtship (without sex) that prepared us for the times when sex was not on the menu.

We were married 6 beautiful years and throughout that period, she would sit in the car the same way she used to sit when we were dating. Even on those times when I had a lot on my mind, she would through a piece of paper in my face while driving and tell me to stop frowning and I'd be smiling like a jackass. For those who think marriage is a curse or prison, I can tell you it's not. It's a wonderful thing when you marry your best friend and do it right.

Maybe that's why 8 years after her passing, I'm still un-married. It took me 7 years to find the right one and I'm going to make sure we do it right. We've been dating almost a year now and it's wonderful. First time I haven't had to compare someone with my late wife and that's a blessing on it's own.

So, what does this all mean? Marry your best friend that understands you in and out. The one that won't freak out when you do some stupid things every once in a while. The one that gives you the benefit of the doubt (even when you don't deserve it). I wish everyone the very best in their marital adventure.

You have my respect.

God bless your new home and affliction will not rise a second time.

2 Likes

Re: Married Couples Vs Dating Couples by serubawon(m): 10:43pm On Aug 29, 2016
bukatyne:

You have my respect.

God bless your new home and affliction will not rise a second time.

Amen my sister. Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Girls Turn Nasty When In Groups? / I Married A Single Parent And Now Am Regretting / Pictures Of A Guy And A Lady Placed Inside A Pineapple Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.