Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) (63516 Views)

One Hundred Days Abroad And Still Posing For Pictures' - Ffk Rubbishes Buhari / Ojukwu, Etiaba, Obiano Switch On Igwe Orizu Street Light, Nnewi / Bishop Matthew Kukah Diagnoses Buhari And Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by ideatoprince18(m): 7:34pm On Jan 30, 2016
I prefer d dull one cos it is romantic unlike d bright one DT will b obstructing THINGS btwn me n gf
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by talktimi(m): 7:37pm On Jan 30, 2016
americanigga:
Can you spot the difference?

Street light in abroad is white and bright, Nigeria street light is yellow and dull

Please what is responsible?

Which do you prefer?
ol boy you dense sha o, please go to the abroad make we hear word. That's how one clown was asking why Nigeria should mark roads just because foreigners were marking their roads
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by ZUBY77(m): 7:38pm On Jan 30, 2016
colossus2:

Bro I don laugh tire for this your post grin

LOL.
Someone is trying to to tell us that the streets lights in Oshogbo is healthier than the ones in Washington.

Coming from people who cannot manufacture electric bulb.

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by freakcin: 7:39pm On Jan 30, 2016
ZUBY77:

And somehow, you know about this dangers more than the Americans, the British and Germans..
Where are you from again?
Why are we always too quick to defend mediocrity?
Please just tell us that the yellow ones are what we could afford for now. Stop trying to tell us that chocolate makes people fart because you don't have money for it.

White apologist, can you tell me any of those countries you listed are wholly illuminated by LED bulbs?

Get informed before engaging in public discourse.
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by kay29000(m): 7:39pm On Jan 30, 2016
naija8080:
Lagos street lights look like street lights used in planet Neptune by aliens.

LMAO!!!
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by AmeLonRo(m): 7:39pm On Jan 30, 2016
Lets thank God for the governor and the yellow light. Shikenan!
grin grin grin
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by kaypling(m): 7:40pm On Jan 30, 2016
Op I've lived in two states in the US and visited a lot more cities and quite a number of them have yellow lights. If you're looking for white lights in Lagos go to Eko Atlantic, you'll find there

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by vault(m): 7:41pm On Jan 30, 2016
as long as you see MF
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by kaypling(m): 7:42pm On Jan 30, 2016
ZUBY77:

And somehow, you know about this dangers more than the Americans, the British and Germans..
Where are you from again?

Why are we always too quick to defend mediocrity?
Please just tell us that the yellow ones are what we could afford for now. Stop trying to tell us that chocolate makes people fart because you don't have money for it.

Bros most American cities have yellow light... abeg educate yourself before you try educating others
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by ZUBY77(m): 7:46pm On Jan 30, 2016
freakcin:

White apologist, can you tell me any of those countries you listed are wholly illuminated by LED bulbs?

Get informed before engaging in public discourse.

No need to rant.. relax..

So why are they white bulbs at all in USA since it's dangerous to health?
I asked this question because average American knows more about health than most of the educated Africans.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by BabaO2: 7:49pm On Jan 30, 2016
americanigga:

Street light in abroad is white and bright, Nigeria street light is yellow and dull

Which do you prefer?
They use yellow too, you have to travel wide. solution is the same anyway...

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by efilefun(m): 7:50pm On Jan 30, 2016
naija8080:
Lagos street lights look like street lights used in planet Neptune by aliens. Can you see with these lights? Yeye government deceiving gullible citizens.
You are sick, a lot of people can't drive under that white light at night cuz it affects their eyes. Get your facts right first before condemning something. I have been to more than 3 different countries and they use this same street light in some areas.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by ZUBY77(m): 7:50pm On Jan 30, 2016
kaypling:

Bros most American cities have yellow light... abeg educate yourself before you try educating others

Of course. Did I ever doubt that?
My question is, why did Americans install the white ones when they know it's very dangerous to health and causes cancer?

or was it Nigerians that came up with the research result?

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Tedassie(m): 7:51pm On Jan 30, 2016
Amberon:
Yellow lights are outdated, not environmentally friendly and release dangerous emissions to the atmosphere. They are no longer used in developed climes. You can only find them in 3rd world countries. Its a pity our government don't know this.
Solar-street lighting should solve that dangerous emissions,but i think it's still too expensive to procure on a very large scale
(i stand corrected though)
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 30, 2016
Lights have different colours and even white lights have subtle differences based on emission temperature.

This is a ridiculous thread based on half-baked information & riddled with unacceptable generalizations.
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by vacanci: 7:53pm On Jan 30, 2016
Amberon:
Yellow lights are outdated, not environmentally friendly and release dangerous emissions to the atmosphere. They are no longer used in developed climes. You can only find them in 3rd world countries. Its a pity our government don't know this.

Source please
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by slex(m): 7:53pm On Jan 30, 2016
What is wrong with this op , do you honestly think all countries abroad use white light? Seems you need to travel the globe a bit more op

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 30, 2016
efilefun:
You are sick, a lot of people can't drive under that white light at night cuz it affects their eyes. Get your facts right first before condemning something. I have been to more than 3 different countries and they use this same street light in some areas.

Shattap...not as poor quality or dim as these. I wear glasses...I'm sure if I get out to drive under those dim light I won't see sh$it.
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by sheunpompey: 7:56pm On Jan 30, 2016
The newly constructed road along Awedele in AdoEkiti was illuminated with white bulb... How is that Please bring up better things .... Not rubbish
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by freakcin: 7:57pm On Jan 30, 2016
@ Zubby77, As far as I can see, you're the one doing the ranting. I kept it civil till you came along with your white supremacy stuff.

I did not reference LED simply because of its huge initial cost. In present day Nigeria the sodium option works just fine.

Before you go on another tirade, here's a little analogy. . Shell Nigeria operates a state of the art gas plant in Bayelsa that can rub shoulders with any in the world. Same Shell operates flowstations that are pneumatically operated and utilizes 1960's technology.

You think they are stupid?

Ever heard of the saying if it ain' broke, don't try to fix it.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Exponental(m): 7:59pm On Jan 30, 2016
nothing wrong. it is still luminous.
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by butanep(m): 8:01pm On Jan 30, 2016
chrysblaise:
I can bet you that those white lights are produced by led bulbs which are better because the consume less energy and they are not gotten from Mercury bulbs which are like 20-30 years old technology. Bro state the facts.

You are correct. That other guy read an outdated book to pass exams.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by ronald4lif(m): 8:02pm On Jan 30, 2016
Rossikk:
You are an ignoramus with no common sense. How does one single street's lights prove that that is the norm for street lights "in abroad"? What is "in abroad"? India? Mexico? Italy? Venezuela? Cuba? Germany? Or all the nations on earth? What research have you conducted on any of those countries to know what colour their street lights are? Do you even know how many countries there are on earth? In fact you lack basic common sense. I suggest you spend more time on useful endeavours instead of posting illiterate, inferiority complex fuelled garbage online. Mr "in abroad'.

Chei. Look at how you murdered the son of man. Be merciful bruv, show mercy. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by olafirstt: 8:03pm On Jan 30, 2016
Cyojunior:
I tink I should start blaming bull-hari.
senceless
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by greatfa2013(m): 8:06pm On Jan 30, 2016
americanigga:

Which do you prefer?
Man, your problem is ignorance and also you have watch too much Hollywood movie which always shown you white light. And also it seems you haven't travel out of Nigeria. Many countries like Germany, Netherlands, etc uses yellow street light everywhere. Please don't always critisize because you want to criticize.

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Abagworo(m): 8:06pm On Jan 30, 2016
One is LED and white in colour. Thats what we have on my street in Port Harcourt.
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by americanigga(m): 8:13pm On Jan 30, 2016
talktimi:
ol boy you dense sha o, please go to the abroad make we hear word. That's how one clown was asking why Nigeria should mark roads just because foreigners were marking their roads
I don't blame you because you are used to darkness, so anything that shine a little to you is light. Even if it is bush lamp, you will be happy.

As for me I cant see properly with yellow dull light. How can cctv camera work effectively in that kind of light. By the time you hear how much they have spent on this outdated bulbs, your head will swell. It is our responsibility to ask question.

Befor you know it tomorrow you will see blue light, green light, even black light and APC light on our street. I reject it!!!
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by free2blast(m): 8:13pm On Jan 30, 2016
naija8080:

Shattap...not as poor quality or dim as these. I wear glasses...I'm sure if I get out to drive under those dim light I won't see sh$it.
Then you need to get those eyes replaced cause they are expired.
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by AmeLonRo(m): 8:13pm On Jan 30, 2016
We dey here dey talk. Some localities in the US have no street lights. Its dark at night in those places.
Governor Ambode please keep on putting your lights everywhere and then Ogun State, to Oyo, to Osun, To Ekiti, to Kwara ,to Kogi, North, South, East and West will take a cue and Nigeria will have POWERFUL LIGHT. That is where we should be going!
Lets go there then. Kudos to Ambode! You can do more jare! Nigeria ko no oje, baje, o baje ti. grin

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by danidee10(m): 8:15pm On Jan 30, 2016
The white one's look better but there's no disputing the fact that the yellow ones are beautiful (especially the ones in abj)....notwithstanding i'm seen some foreign countries that also use yellow street lights too

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by undisputedgbola(m): 8:16pm On Jan 30, 2016
Amberon:
Like Nigeria is not a third world state....mtcheew
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by americanigga(m): 8:16pm On Jan 30, 2016
Abagworo:
One is LED and white in colour. Thats what we have on my street in Port Harcourt.
up Amaechi. Ambode should wake up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Patrick Obahiagbon Gets Senatorial Ticket After Kneeling Down To Beg / Senators Sneak Into Private Hospitals For Coronavirus Tests - The Nation / Senator Orji Kalu Arrives Abia Months After Release From Prison (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.