Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) (63514 Views)

One Hundred Days Abroad And Still Posing For Pictures' - Ffk Rubbishes Buhari / Ojukwu, Etiaba, Obiano Switch On Igwe Orizu Street Light, Nnewi / Bishop Matthew Kukah Diagnoses Buhari And Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Opoki(m): 10:54pm On Jan 30, 2016
So all street light in obodo oyinbo are bright tufiakwa.
Besides, the first and 2nd are 3D animation picture. Not real.
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Ekowise(m): 10:58pm On Jan 30, 2016
it's simple, improved energy conservation. Nigeria is close there. besides, the street lights that are being fixed in Lagos of recent are same( energy conserving and white).
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 30, 2016
ThePeacemaker:
BECAUSE WITCHES WONT BE ABLE TO FLY AT NIGHT IF IT''S AS BRIGHT AS THAT IN THE FIRST AND SECOND PICS

I just used up my annual allocated laughter on this comment! grin grin grin
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by 0ldirtybastard(m): 11:18pm On Jan 30, 2016
Rossikk:
You are an ignoramus with no common sense. How does one single street's lights prove that that is the norm for street lights "in abroad"? What is "in abroad"? India? Mexico? Italy? Venezuela? Cuba? Germany? Or all the nations on earth? What research have you conducted on any of those countries to know what colour their street lights are? Do you even know how many countries there are on earth? In fact you lack basic common sense. I suggest you spend more time on useful endeavours instead of posting illiterate, inferiority complex fuelled garbage online. Mr "in abroad'.

Look at this idiiot calling another idiiot an idiiot.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 30, 2016
naija8080:
Lagos street lights look like street lights used in planet Neptune by aliens. Can you see with these lights? Yeye government deceiving gullible citizens. Watch out...as expected a gullible citizen will reply me and try to argue with me.

grin grin grin
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jan 30, 2016
freakcin:
The yellow lights are from sodium bulbs. They are skin friendly and do not produce ultraviolet rays which could lead to a lot of health hazards.

The white light on the other hand is gotten from mercury bulbs which comes with a lot of UV hazards. Eliminating these hazards increases the cost of production. Which makes it more expensive to install.

Personally I'd rather go with yellow light, sodium bulbs with no potential skin cancer, long term effect than the mercury bulbs.

This is a new knowledge for me, thanks for sharing.
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jan 30, 2016
americanigga:
Can you spot the difference?

Street light in abroad is white and bright, Nigeria street light is yellow and dull

Please what is responsible?

Which do you prefer?
when you say abroad please be specific #abroad _fit _be _Cotonou besides here's a view of the on going Eko atlantic city so that next time you dont restrict Nigeria to one part of Lagos

As to your question I'll go with the white lights

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by kenoz(m): 11:34pm On Jan 30, 2016
undecided
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by ericmor: 11:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
One looks like the way to heaven y d other looks like d way to hell. Pls don't ask me how I got to know
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by sirjakez(m): 12:16am On Jan 31, 2016
come to Minna and see well equipped street light
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by kellykoncept(m): 12:18am On Jan 31, 2016
Smiling, I guess the first two na for paris and china while the other two na for Lagos and Abuja. Because places like Ekiti, Ondo, Osun, Eboyin, Gombe, Edo, Ogun and even most state in Naija never get dat yellow light. There own yellow light no clean reach dat type. Lolz.

Naija wake up.
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Rossikk(m): 12:59am On Jan 31, 2016
ronald4lif:

Chei. Look at how you murdered the son of man. Be merciful bruv, show mercy. embarassed

My brotha in fact the bobo just annoyed me. ''In abroad'' means for him virtually everywhere outside Nigeria or Africa. Many of our peeps think outside Africa is just one big eldorado heaven where everything is uniformly developed, efficient, everyone rich and happy etc etc. Do you know that in at least 80% of countries on earth there are regular power cuts? Most countries on earth are developing countries. The advanced nations make up maybe 20% if that. But in Naija many seem to think it's the other way round - 80% of the world highly advanced with Nigeria and maybe a few black nations making up the 20%. That was why the guy glibly stated that ''in abroad'', nice, bright street lights were the norm. Meanwhile the overwhelming majority of streets on earth, ie ''in abroad'' have no lights at all. grin
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by loomer: 1:14am On Jan 31, 2016
Oga, na the yellow bulb we dey use here o
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by wizsolzy(m): 2:45am On Jan 31, 2016
Rossikk:
You are an ignoramus with no common sense. How does one single street's lights prove that that is the norm for street lights "in abroad"? What is "in abroad"? India? Mexico? Italy? Venezuela? Cuba? Germany? Or all the nations on earth? What research have you conducted on any of those countries to know what colour their street lights are? Do you even know how many countries there are on earth? In fact you lack basic common sense. I suggest you spend more time on useful endeavours instead of posting illiterate, inferiority complex fuelled garbage online. Mr "in abroad'.

In chinedu's voice. Kai my bloda. Odikwa very serious english
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by macminista(m): 4:09am On Jan 31, 2016
Amberon:
Yellow lights are outdated, not environmentally friendly and release dangerous emissions to the atmosphere. They are no longer used in developed climes. You can only find them in 3rd world countries. Its a pity our government don't know this.
don't say what you don't know..who told u it's not used in developed countries?
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by davidif: 4:20am On Jan 31, 2016
freakcin:

Stop comming across like you are daft.

Is the whole of US illuminated by LED's? The cost of conversion from conventional lightings like mercury and sodium to LED nor be come chop. If developed nations are utilizing both options is it Nigeria with her economy almost on the brinks that should go all the way LED?

Btw, like one of the posters opined, LED's illumination levels could end up being hazardous to in-experienced drivers.

Hahaha, you are funny bro. I live "abroad" and I can definitely tell you that white light is used for street lights where I live and boy are they much better options than the yellow light.
Secondly, saying that white light is bad for drivers "unless you are a pro" is completely ridiculous . I am guessing whoever said it has probably not seen where it has been used before so I am not going to press the issue further.
Thirdly, white light is a significant energy saver than the so called yellow light and they have a much stronger illuminating effect meaning that it is almost a win win situation for city administrators and the citizenry of the locale.

So bros abeg, check your science before coming here to boldly proclaim them as facts.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by davidif: 4:21am On Jan 31, 2016
freakcin:
The yellow lights are from sodium bulbs. They are skin friendly and do not produce ultraviolet rays which could lead to a lot of health hazards.

The white light on the other hand is gotten from mercury bulbs which comes with a lot of UV hazards. Eliminating these hazards increases the cost of production. Which makes it more expensive to install.

Personally I'd rather go with yellow light, sodium bulbs with no potential skin cancer, long term effect than the mercury bulbs.

Boy, this is sooooooo wrong on many levels.
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Nobody: 4:34am On Jan 31, 2016
Even though all lights aren't bright white like that, I prefer the yellow and dull because I have an ocular disease which makes light my night time enemy. The brightly lit area is probably a campus or something or a walking trail. You can't drive with that much light at night.
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by momentoftruth: 4:35am On Jan 31, 2016
Rossikk:
do you know that you didn't say anything meaningful, you are just too myopic to spot the difference and the environmental implications, you are full of hate, you need deliverance

you don't even know what energy saving bulbs are …
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by kingsmok(m): 5:45am On Jan 31, 2016
Rossikk:
u never travel landlord travel n see for ur self
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by davidif: 6:14am On Jan 31, 2016
johnwizey:
Must we always copy

Yes, we should imitate excellence.

No one nation should have a monopoly on innovation
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by ogaontop(m): 6:23am On Jan 31, 2016
Amberon:
Yellow lights are outdated, not environmentally friendly and release dangerous emissions to the atmosphere. They are no longer used in developed climes. You can only find them in 3rd world countries. Its a pity our government don't know this.
AND CONSUMES MORE MEGAWATT TOO

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by franugo(m): 7:04am On Jan 31, 2016
freakcin:

Amberon:

crycry which one person go cum bliv ni well over 2 google!
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Alibesamuel: 7:12am On Jan 31, 2016
freakcin:

Na poverty teach u that
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by seye005(m): 7:57am On Jan 31, 2016
freakcin:

thank you jare, but some people here are just so pathetic
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by djcombo(m): 8:00am On Jan 31, 2016
Bros there is nothing wrong with the yellow light.

If the spacing between the poles are not too far apart, it does its intended work.

Moreover, don't stay in one state or street and assume all street lights in Nigeria are as poorly installed as some streets you go through often.

Drive (I mean walk self, not drive) through a long street with no street lights and go through another with the yellow lights and come back to give feedback.

The lights are needed brov, yellow or any colour that works in the dark
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 31, 2016
D op na yeye yiboo man... Yam eater
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 31, 2016
freakcin:

Stop comming across like you are daft.

Is the whole of US illuminated by LED's? The cost of conversion from conventional lightings like mercury and sodium to LED nor be come chop. If developed nations are utilizing both options is it Nigeria with her economy almost on the brinks that should go all the way LED?

Btw, like one of the posters opined, LED's illumination levels could end up being hazardous to in-experienced drivers.
the yellow Street light project picture that is on display in this thread is newly constructed , so you should not bring up issues concerning conversation because no serious country that is conscious of being economical with power consumption will install Mercury or sodium lights in this present time considering the fact that the technology is phasing out the only thing the do is maintain old ones and convert gradually. I was only trying to point out the fact that the white Street light isn't a Mercury bulb. And we should not quit doing the right thing because we feel another perceived bigger or better country is still doing things in an old fashioned way. LED bulbs are cheaper to run in a long run because the cost of powering is very low.
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by linearity: 10:04am On Jan 31, 2016
freakcin:

This is loads of none sense; the yellowish or whiteness of light is not driven by the material that it is made of. The color of light bulbs depends on their temperature and they are rated from about 2700k to 4100k, the lower the Kelvin(k) rating, the yellowish the output light becomes, and white lights have higher Kelvin rating, this can also be measured by the wavelength.

The UV effective of mercury bulbs is an exaggeration. The UV effect is only a concern during manufacturing, transportation or handling and have zero effect when installed because, the recommended distant from the light source to blunt all UV effects is 11 inches and in their field applications as in the pictures above, those light sources are about 120 to 180 inches away.

Low Sodium light sources that emits those monochrome lights which lacks color rendition contain sodium metal, which is a dangerous substance just like Mercury and both substance require special handling and disposal, so the same level of cost in incurred in safe guiding against these two harmful hazards.

Agree, Mercury lights are more expensive to produce, but that seemly advantage that the sodium light holds is blunted, because you need much more quantities of sodium lights sources compare to Mercury light source to achieve some type of par illuminosity, even at that; the multiple quantities of sodium lights will render poor monochrome light, which is poor for security compare to the few Mercury lights.
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:51am On Jan 31, 2016
If dem no put light u complain of walking dark streets.

If dem put light you complain why e no glow like London light.
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Milo30(m): 10:56am On Jan 31, 2016
Experience is the difference.
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by obynaDmob(m): 12:07pm On Jan 31, 2016
Amberon:

But yellow light reduces glare and makes u see better and clearer at night due to its absorptive nature in the lens and retina of the eye than white lights,thus avoiding accidents

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Patrick Obahiagbon Gets Senatorial Ticket After Kneeling Down To Beg / Senators Sneak Into Private Hospitals For Coronavirus Tests - The Nation / Senator Orji Kalu Arrives Abia Months After Release From Prison (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.