Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,047 members, 7,814,591 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) (63508 Views)

One Hundred Days Abroad And Still Posing For Pictures' - Ffk Rubbishes Buhari / Ojukwu, Etiaba, Obiano Switch On Igwe Orizu Street Light, Nnewi / Bishop Matthew Kukah Diagnoses Buhari And Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by americanigga(m): 8:18pm On Jan 30, 2016
Abagworo:
One is LED and white in colour. Thats what we have on my street in Port Harcourt.

up Amaechi. Ambode should wake up.
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by talktimi(m): 8:19pm On Jan 30, 2016
americanigga:
[s]I don't blame you because you are used to darkness, so anything that shine a little to you is light. Even if it is bush lamp, you will be happy.

As for me I cant see properly with yellow dull light. How can cctv camera work effectively in that kind of light. By the time you hear how much they have spent on this outdated bulbs, your head will swell. It is our responsibility to ask question.

Befor you know it tomorrow you will see blue light, green light, even black light and APC light on our street. I reject it!!![/s]
talk to me when you finally start driving extensively (not on your bicycle or playstation o) till then you're still dense.
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by phemy001(m): 8:19pm On Jan 30, 2016
na only Lagos street lite dey? check for oda states now
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by wtfCode: 8:21pm On Jan 30, 2016
i prefer the yellowish street light cuz its not gonna hurt ur eyes. Its nicer and lovely. Not that naija no fit put brighter white bulbs like the oyibos. The yellow bulbs will make a dirty area look clean.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by NaijaCuzin: 8:21pm On Jan 30, 2016
naija8080:
Lagos street lights look like street lights used in planet Neptune by aliens. Can you see with these lights? Yeye government deceiving gullible citizens. Watch out...as expected a gullible citizen will reply me and try to argue with me.
. which one una get for una side..Actually the Lagos light is more preferable because its good for ur vision. ...It will also look as if the sun is shining
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by sultaan(m): 8:33pm On Jan 30, 2016
Halogen bulbs are yellow.
The modern world has changed to LED and HID bulbs which are a lot brighter.

Because they are more expensive and last a lot longer our people tend to buy the cheapest.

Consider the headlights in newer luxury cars compared to those of the 97 Camry that gives you and idea of what our contractors do to save money on projects
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Feelingfree: 8:36pm On Jan 30, 2016
Yellow street lights are used abroad too. And white ones are also used in Nigeria. There is no basis for that generalization.
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by efilefun(m): 8:40pm On Jan 30, 2016
naija8080:

Shattap...not as poor quality or dim as these. I wear glasses...I'm sure if I get out to drive under those dim light I won't see sh$it.
If u can't drive under that light then you need new eyes, you can get one from a goat close to you
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Okpueze1(m): 8:41pm On Jan 30, 2016
All these pictures were taking in Nigeria. I prefer the yellow ones. It gives a perfect depiction of what a night is supposed to look like. You don't have to strain your eyes, looks colourful, etc.
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by bankyblue(m): 8:44pm On Jan 30, 2016
ThePeacemaker:
BECAUSE WITCHES WONT BE ABLE TO FLY AT NIGHT IF IT''S AS BRIGHT AS THAT IN THE FIRST AND SECOND PICS

That is the prefect anwser......lolz
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by CapitalX(m): 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2016
No difference %-)
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by mickey45: 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2016
chrysblaise:
I can bet you that those white lights are produced by led bulbs which are better because the consume less energy and they are not gotten from Mercury bulbs which are like 20-30 years old technology. Bro state the facts.

Being the latest comers in lighting tech., one might be apt to think the bright lights are LED-based but tis' not always so.... A majority of these bulbs are former industry standard energy bulbs and like some people here have mentioned, they contain mercury and release uv-radiation which have been warned to have detrimental effects on the brain and body in the long run..
as for the sodium lamps however, apart from their energy load, I think they're also cool. I assume they're more amenable to the haphazard power factor issues that characterize Nigeria's mains and old-generating sets.
At least Lagos still try, larger percentage of the roads in some states do not have such "luxuries".

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 30, 2016
Lagosians are not complaining why is foreigner (@ OP) complaining? your life can never change to better until you stop comparing yourself with others and appreciate your hands work. Nigerians, E ronú ooo.
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by americanigga(m): 9:01pm On Jan 30, 2016
street lighting with electric bulb abroad- uk, russia, france etc started in the 19th century, 1878. And they where using yellow, dull bulb, made from sodium, like the one Ambode is installing allover Lagos. Because the facilities are maintained properly in abroad they last long, hence you can still see them hear and there. Not that they are still installing those kind of street light anymore

so why is ambode installing a technology of 19theen century in Lagos in this 21st century.

This is mind boggling
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 30, 2016
it's a choice.
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by annamaria: 9:11pm On Jan 30, 2016
Rossikk:
You are an ignoramus with no common sense. How does one single street's lights prove that that is the norm for street lights "in abroad"? What is "in abroad"? India? Mexico? Italy? Venezuela? Cuba? Germany? Or all the nations on earth? What research have you conducted on any of those countries to know what colour their street lights are? Do you even know how many countries there are on earth? In fact you lack basic common sense. I suggest you spend more time on useful endeavours instead of posting illiterate, inferiority complex fuelled garbage online. Mr "in abroad'.

This cracked me up. "In abroad"
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by justmenoni: 9:12pm On Jan 30, 2016
U aint lieing, in as much as I like white abi na bright Street lights but my street and major road(interstate abi na intercountry sef is not white but of cos they dont use dis iya sikiru's atupa type of light.

americanigga:
Can you spot the difference?

Street light in abroad is white and bright, Nigeria street light is yellow and dull

Please what is responsible?

Which do you prefer?
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by bqlekan(m): 9:14pm On Jan 30, 2016
ronald4lif:

Chei. Look at how you murdered the son of man. Be merciful bruv, show mercy. embarassed
bro. How far nah.... Abi you don forget nii
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Alhaji1970: 9:18pm On Jan 30, 2016
Developed countries are no longer using incandescent lamps. The trend is towards LED. LEDs produce brighter light and less heat energy. The eventually consume much less electricity energy and thereby cost effective.

Developing nations like Nigeria are still using the incandescent lamps (globes) that waste away our money and ineffective.

The message:
Do away with all those your 200, 100, 60 Watts bulbs and go LED. Some LEDs are as low as 10 watts but brighter than 100 Wattage bulb.

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by americanigga(m): 9:24pm On Jan 30, 2016
Alhaji1970:
Developed countries are no longer using incandescent lamps. The trend is towards LED. LEDs produce brighter light and less heat energy. The eventually consume much less electricity energy and thereby cost effective.

Developing nations like Nigeria are still using the incandescent lamps (globes) that waste away our money and ineffective.

The message:
Do away with all those your 200, 100, 60 Watts bulbs and go LED. Some LEDs are as low as 10 watts but brighter than 100 Wattage bulb.
your papa and mama born u well. Enlighten the zoo

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by dustydee: 9:32pm On Jan 30, 2016
americanigga:
street lighting with electric bulb abroad- uk, russia, france etc started in the 19th century, 1878. And they where using yellow, dull bulb, made from sodium, like the one Ambode is installing allover Lagos. Because the facilities are maintained properly in abroad they last long, hence you can still see them hear and there. Not that they are still installing those kind of street light anymore

so why is ambode installing a technology of 19theen century in Lagos in this 21st century.

This is mind boggling
I live in the UK and the street lights outside my house is amber. I know the British like to save money and upgrade to the latest technology so any explanation why they haven't upgraded even when the bulbs die they keep replacing them with the same ones?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Tsongz(f): 9:39pm On Jan 30, 2016
naija8080:
Lagos street lights look like street lights used in planet Neptune by aliens. Can you see with these lights? Yeye government deceiving gullible citizens. Watch out...as expected a gullible citizen will reply me and try to argue with me.
. MUMULISHY
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by leoloi: 9:40pm On Jan 30, 2016
inferiority complex De wory dis niga wet post dis shit
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Shoelace1(f): 9:49pm On Jan 30, 2016
Kwarupshun is the cause
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Bigtoto(f): 10:08pm On Jan 30, 2016
Laugh don make me çum wet oh! cheesy
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
Half bread is better than chin-chin
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by ITbomb(m): 10:26pm On Jan 30, 2016
freakcin:
The yellow lights are from sodium bulbs. They are skin friendly and do not produce ultraviolet rays which could lead to a lot of health hazards.

The white light on the other hand is gotten from mercury bulbs which comes with a lot of UV hazards. Eliminating these hazards increases the cost of production. Which makes it more expensive to install.

Personally I'd rather go with yellow light, sodium bulbs with no potential skin cancer, long term effect than the mercury bulbs.
You go school
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Chazzyboy: 10:30pm On Jan 30, 2016
americanigga:
Can you spot the difference?

Street light in abroad is white and bright, Nigeria street light is yellow and dull

Please what is responsible?

Which do you prefer?
where u come from?
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by Oghumu1(m): 10:37pm On Jan 30, 2016
This questions should be forwarded to the contractor in charge for the street lights. That light dy vex me, too dull
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by oganology33(m): 10:40pm On Jan 30, 2016
Rossikk:
You are an ignoramus with no common sense. How does one single street's lights prove that that is the norm for street lights "in abroad"? What is "in abroad"? India? Mexico? Italy? Venezuela? Cuba? Germany? Or all the nations on earth? What research have you conducted on any of those countries to know what colour their street lights are? Do you even know how many countries there are on earth? In fact you lack basic common sense. I suggest you spend more time on useful endeavours instead of posting illiterate, inferiority complex fuelled garbage online. Mr "in abroad'.

Caaaaaaasting!!!
Re: Difference Between Street Light Abroad And Nigeria(lagos) by ArchNerd(m): 10:44pm On Jan 30, 2016
OP C'mon!

It's the same in UAE.

After further research I discovered that the reason street lamps are yellow is actually far more simple than that:
orange light is cheaper to produce. Most street lighting comes in the form
of high pressure sodium lamps, which produce the most amount of light for
the least amount of electricity required to power them.

That picture was taken at
Baniyas Square, Dubai.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atare Awin: Governor Okowa’s Commissioner Sacks Aide Over Post About Peter Obi / Emir Sanusi Accepts Ganduje’s Council Of Chiefs Chairmanship Appointment / Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.