Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan (52024 Views)

Boko Haram Is Sympathetic To Buhari - Jonathan / UK Government Reacts To Reports Of Buhari & Jonathan Meeting In London / Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by gists: 5:53am On Jan 31, 2016
Exactly how does he want to win the war if he didn't hand over peacefully? He was not in control of the army. He couldn't even dare to visit Borno. Most of the foot soldiers that wlll actually fight were very bitter against his government - they even shot at their commanders. He did have the support of most of the people. And perhaps most importantly he didn't have the support of the international community. Yes a lot of people would have died but surely the war wouldn't have lasted more than two weeks.
He blew up the good will he had in 2011 when the international community was solidly behind him as well as the people.
So handing over the power peacefully in an election you lost particularly with such odds against you is nothing heroic. In fact he did himself a huge favor. Gbagbo and his wife are still cooling off in prison

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by SDAC: 5:57am On Jan 31, 2016
TCD:
he should have stayed on and watch what happened to gbagbo of ivory coast by the International community happen to him. he never see something.
pls go form psychoasis test coz u ve lost it international community after many lives are lost pls lets b
sensible
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by ahaz: 6:24am On Jan 31, 2016
sameer1212:
GEJ is a good man but too weak to lead a country like Nigeria. Anyway,thank you for relinquished power to our dear president BUHARI. History will always remember you for this.

*IPOB Youths you can all see GEJ has moved on with his life. If una like,make una still they hate Buhari and other tribes thinking they are your problems,na una sabi.

Nigeria sai Buhari

God bless Nigeria.
wow the fear of separation is a bad thing.. even some people hardly sleep this days...trully now I know that the Igbo's are the most loved tribe in nija..just jelousy will never allow them admitte it.

3 Likes

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by camelus: 6:27am On Jan 31, 2016
ayemerbarth:
The reason you conceded victory to PMB Was because you were defeated.

Shut up he wasn't but GEJ is a pure Democrat that's y. He would have condemned the Election immediately he was not accredited in his Home Country and he never voted......
Have to leave u with this.....

5 Likes

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Validated: 6:38am On Jan 31, 2016
Great man. That speech was off the brain, unlike some who will be stumbling even on prepared speeches and budget.

4 Likes

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by bankyblue(m): 7:07am On Jan 31, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Yeepa ori mi o, ibon grin

Prof of english.......iwo ta ibon re?

Ode....instead of u to correct him.
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by francizy(m): 7:21am On Jan 31, 2016
Firefire:
“Should I then, for the love of power, watch Nigeria slide into a theatre of war, with my fellow country men and women dying, and many more pouring into other nations in Africa and beyond, as refugees?

Should I hang on to power and tussle with my challengers, while the investments of hard working citizens of the world go down the drain? I then said to myself, NO! "

Resisting the lure of power...

I wish Buhari had this exact thought back in 2011, over 1,000 lives wouldn't have been lost.. angry sad
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by thewarrior72: 7:22am On Jan 31, 2016
GEJ is a rare gem and a God sent to Nigeria, to liberate the black man mind and chart a new course for greater African society where rule of law and transparency will reign supreme. Ushering a new African order, were dictoria and sit tight syndrome will no longer be tolerated.

GEJ IS THE FACE OF NIGERIA DEMOCRACY

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Oz4realsss: 7:36am On Jan 31, 2016
ayemerbarth:
The reason you conceded victory to PMB Was because you were defeated.
Defeated with almajiri votes.

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Kastonkastroll(m): 7:42am On Jan 31, 2016
Mr man you were squarely and roundly defeated in that election, the right thing for you to do was to concede defeat. There is nothing spectacular about what you did. You wanted to upturn the mandate of the people but you were afraid of the gbagbo treatment that will be given to you.

BTW, we are still waiting for you to answer some burning questions about your fraudulent arms deal.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Missy89(f): 7:45am On Jan 31, 2016
Emm reason is simple - you lost the election

4 Likes

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by MyMouth(m): 7:49am On Jan 31, 2016
Pavarottii:

Well I understand that u r kid, and u won't know wat really transpired in the mind of GEJ. Am not sure u would av been here typing this thing. U seriously don't even know wen War is knocking on the door. So u think GEJ was actually defeated? With 1.9million votes in Kano with NO VOID votes and underage voters that was all over the. Cyber space; am not sure u saw our airports that day right. They were filled to d brim; am not sure u know of weapons been transported to the north; am not sure u wondered why all the northerners were leaving the southern part of Nigeria to their town. U think is too vote; my friend Wen u sit down with elders; they will school you more about the theatre of War GEJ boycotted intentionally.

Be careful wat u wish for. Cos u won't know until it happens; it's either u appreciate him or keep quiet rather than coming here to type wat u just did.
Thank you.
so what do u have to say about all these years the PDP had been rigging elections in this country? the thing is that even if gej had rejected the results, there would have have been violence but we would have overcome and gej would also be waiting for his day at the ICC jus like gbabo! He did the right thing and he is enjoying himself right now, collecting awards all over the back streets of America and u can bet it that he would never be arrested for corruption here in Nigeria no matter what!

4 Likes

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 31, 2016
sameer1212:
Yeah! You can said that again.
Anglish Grandma
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by GBELLs: 8:10am On Jan 31, 2016
zendy:
Basically, GEJ is saying that even if he had reservations about the elections, he knew that if he had contested the results, the North and some of their SW allies would have visited mayhem on the country. He was literaly 'bullied' out of his constitutional right to contest the outcome of the election. GEJ saved a lot of lives by conceding defeat. Unfortunately, if he had to do this to save lives, APC is not likely to be a Government that will effect any meaningful change
If he wanted to contest the results the process is very simple go to the tribunal so all the rubbish he's alluding to here is just grandstanding he lost the election you lose u concede defeat. If you want to challenge go to court that's the process. QED.

2 Likes

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by dammytosh: 8:12am On Jan 31, 2016
1. You lost by more than a million votes dude.

2. Gbagbo's case is fresh.

3. Even if u feel the election was rigged right under ur nose, Buhari would be sworn in and you will go to court.

4. Have you ever thought about how many loyal troops u can command if it went full scale ?

Please just keep quiet or address all this massive looting uncovered.

You contested and scattered ur party in the process and u are still forming honorable after losing.

you would have gained maximum respect if you did not contest and allow the winner take it all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Onabanj(m): 8:15am On Jan 31, 2016
Why all this blabbing? U lost, go enjoy da loot. Shikena!

2 Likes

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by M4gunners: 8:15am On Jan 31, 2016
That is my hero speaking.
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by okpor2(m): 8:17am On Jan 31, 2016
sameer1212:
Yeah! You can said that again.
if he realy performed would he have lost?until he agrees he failed d nation I won't take wat he says seriously

4 Likes

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by dammytosh: 8:17am On Jan 31, 2016
okpor2:
if he realy performed would he have lost?until he agrees he failed d nation I won't take wat he says seriously
I taya
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Sunnyade01(m): 8:20am On Jan 31, 2016
I doubt GEJ said all these. He isn't that articulate and he isn't that intelligent.

He didn't wish to relinquish power. He was cornered! Abdul salami Abubakar and some UN delegates were with him and he was told it was over!
Have you forgotten Orubebe?
Have you forgotten Prof Jega.

He is not the hero. God only answered Nigerians prayers.

GEJ is too corrupt and he meant no good for Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Tushed: 8:20am On Jan 31, 2016
GET lost because he lost the favour of South West. He lost because he lost the control of POP. Under his watch nearly half of the PDP governors decamped to APC. He couldn't even control his wife. With such abysmal grammatical blunders his wife became a comic relief all over the country. We just automatically took him for a joker.He lost and he should go and sit down and keep quiet!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Otapipia: 8:21am On Jan 31, 2016
Leeeekeeee:

pls saided it again.

grin grin grin guy you "wickedness".
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by dammytosh: 8:22am On Jan 31, 2016
Pidggin:
As expected, majority tribes bullying a president from a minority tribe out of office. With the number of cancelled election results by the judiciary, it is obvious that the entire election was filled with irregularities. He should have gone to court for the sake of Nigerians who voted for him. Bigots do not appreciate the sacrifice you made Sir.

Fanning tribal sentiment will not rule out the fact that he said "stealing is not corruption" and we saw stealing at its peak.

He did not make any sacrifice, he can't last for a week if he dace the other direction.

Who will fight for him ? Is it all this boys shifting goal post since Kanu was arrested and jailed ?

Sensing primary 2 threats and changing deadline.
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by nusirat(m): 8:23am On Jan 31, 2016
Oga Jona, this story for gods.
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Echelle(m): 8:23am On Jan 31, 2016
Like Serrrzzzzly....
Anyway Oga Jona, thanks anyway...
God help PMB,
God bless Naija...
Can we now move forward please...
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by ibitzbarlow(m): 8:24am On Jan 31, 2016
TCD:
he should have stayed on and watch what happened to gbagbo of ivory coast by the International community happen to him. he never see something.

But that would be ICC trial for him against thousands or millions of lives that would have been lost..Wouldn't you rather appreciate the lives that were preserved by his action as against his incarceration? He did well for us all. Mayhem doesn't select it's victims...it could be anybody, you or me!

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by truthspeaks: 8:24am On Jan 31, 2016
U de mind d mumu? He does nt knw dat if nt 4 Gej, nig wld hv bn @ war n he wldnt be @ peace 2 type wat he z typing
Pavarottii:

Well I understand that u r kid, and u won't know wat really transpired in the mind of GEJ. Am not sure u would av been here typing this thing. U seriously don't even know wen War is knocking on the door. So u think GEJ was actually defeated? With 1.9million votes in Kano with NO VOID votes and underage voters that was all over the. Cyber space; am not sure u saw our airports that day right. They were filled to d brim; am not sure u know of weapons been transported to the north; am not sure u wondered why all the northerners were leaving the southern part of Nigeria to their town. U think is too vote; my friend Wen u sit down with elders; they will school you more about the theatre of War GEJ boycotted intentionally.

Be careful wat u wish for. Cos u won't know until it happens; it's either u appreciate him or keep quiet rather than coming here to type wat u just did.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Kayswat(m): 8:24am On Jan 31, 2016
Just one word "captivating"
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by petkoffDrake(m): 8:25am On Jan 31, 2016
Dullard thinks Jonathan is a blood sucking daemon like him?
Soon dullard buhari will eat d soup he is preparing undecided
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by 9jatatafo(m): 8:25am On Jan 31, 2016
the dog and the baboon did not soak in blood due to election but bh are soaking people in blood
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by iamgiggssleaky(m): 8:26am On Jan 31, 2016
God will make this country ungovernable for Buhari since he threatened Jonathan in the same vein.

karma is sipping a cup of coffee and waiting around the corner

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sambo Dasuki In Nigerian Army Uniform (Throwback Photo) / Governor Umar Ganduje Bribery Video Shared By Daily Nigerian / ACP Egbe Eko Edum Killed In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.