Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,882 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan (52030 Views)

Boko Haram Is Sympathetic To Buhari - Jonathan / UK Government Reacts To Reports Of Buhari & Jonathan Meeting In London / Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Babsjad(m): 8:26am On Jan 31, 2016
Mr GEJ,do you have the power not the relinquished power?You & your cohorts tried all you could to truncate the election collation & result.God almighty didn't allowed you to succeed.Orubebe Nko?God pass Una.

;DMr GEJ,do you have the power not the relinquished power?You & your cohorts tried all you could to truncate the election collation & result.God almighty didn't allowed you to succeed.Orubebe Nko?God pass Una.

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by mentbrown355(m): 8:27am On Jan 31, 2016
Though, GEJ is good but not like g**der
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 31, 2016
You lost the election and you conceded. Is that supposed to be a big deal? Aren't u supposed to do just that? ? Are you supposed to be praised for conceding?

Nigerians and mediocritries

2 Likes

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 31, 2016
Pavarottii:

So u think GEJ was actually defeated? With 1.9million votes in Kano with NO VOID votes and underage voters that was all over the. Cyber space
Old human being,so u are expecting pdp to win in Kano.
Same way,APC was expecting to win in bayelsa.
Abeg put ur thinking cap on.
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by NobleAky(m): 8:28am On Jan 31, 2016
sameer1212:
GEJ is a good man but too weak to lead a country like Nigeria. Anyway,thank you for relinquished power to our dear president BUHARI. History will always remember you for this.

*IPOB Youths you can all see GEJ has moved on with his life. If una like,make una still they hate Buhari and other tribes thinking they are your problems,na una sabi.

Nigeria sai Buhari

God bless Nigeria.
Hi why not concentrate on the the message and leave tribal comment alone. The truth is that you still fell victim of what Gej tried to avoid...honestly i read this message with objective mind only for you to divert my attention!
Shun all these rubbish comment and think positively.
I'm too sure none from that side of the country is living below average life.

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by anonimi: 8:31am On Jan 31, 2016
sameer1212:
GEJ is a good man but too weak to lead a country like Nigeria.

How far with the strong man on:

- finishing off Boko Haram?

- making our SINators and representaTHIEVES actually EARN a salary that fits the minimum wage of N18,000
for workers fo the SAME government despite his own APC party men being the majority?

Abi na wetin im be Superman for
Is it to spread STORIES of corruption by OTHERS without any single conviction after almost one year in power?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829596_img6325197050325_jpeg_jpeg61db8b350e65ada0da8fdf4018fb03e4

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Henrique4real(f): 8:31am On Jan 31, 2016
Whether ur decision to relinquish power without any form of struggle was informed by your defeat or not is really not d issue. All I see is the great strength you exhibited for the sake of one Nigeria even when u were obviously pushed in different directions by your party members. Thanks for the sacrifice GEJ.

House available for sale at Goodhomes Estate, Isheri/Igando for affordable price. Check my signature for more.

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by AlPeter: 8:32am On Jan 31, 2016
Pavarottii:

Well I understand that u r kid, and u won't know wat really transpired in the mind of GEJ. Am not sure u would av been here typing this thing. U seriously don't even know wen War is knocking on the door. So u think GEJ was actually defeated? With 1.9million votes in Kano with NO VOID votes and underage voters that was all over the. Cyber space; am not sure u saw our airports that day right. They were filled to d brim; am not sure u know of weapons been transported to the north; am not sure u wondered why all the northerners were leaving the southern part of Nigeria to their town. U think is too vote; my friend Wen u sit down with elders; they will school you more about the theatre of War GEJ boycotted intentionally.

Be careful wat u wish for. Cos u won't know until it happens; it's either u appreciate him or keep quiet rather than coming here to type wat u just did.
Thank you.
https://www.nairaland.com/648625/official-nigerian-presidential-election-results In 2011 GEJ scored in the hundreds of votes in Kano yet the difference was a Huge 1.2 million vote this was at a time many supported him he even won in some Northern states and got above 30% in Kaduna! He won in 7 northern states which showed the North is not as tribalistic as you think. Now going to the south ; In the west GEJ won in ALL THE SOUTH WEST STATES except EKITI which went to ACN. GMB could not get 25% votes in the SW!!! Is that not a shocker? The SW voted massively for GEJ. In the SS AND SE it was a massive win for PDP yet CPC recorded votes in the tens of thousands there. When we Juxtaposition with the 2015 election result keeping in mind the merger of CPC with ACN and the discontentment of the populace with the GEJ led administration, we will realise that the election results from the North were as expected the only surprise GEJ being able to still pull over 15% of votes there but when we go to the SS and SE we see results that seems to have been cooked. The results there seems to indicate that CPC and ACN combined have NO influence there which is an obvious lie. I will leave you with this analysis.
http://www.thescoopng.com/oluseun-onigbinde-crunching-the-2011-election-result-figures-3-notes-for-the-opposition/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Vikky014(f): 8:33am On Jan 31, 2016
sameer1212:
GEJ is a good man but too weak to lead a country like Nigeria. Anyway,thank you for relinquished power to our dear president BUHARI. History will always remember you for this.

*IPOB Youths you can all see GEJ has moved on with his life. If una like,make una still they hate Buhari and other tribes thinking they are your problems,na una sabi.

Nigeria sai Buhari

God bless Nigeria.
and BUHARI is too strong to lead a country We are watching

2 Likes

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by chronique(m): 8:34am On Jan 31, 2016
What is this nonsense you are saying? What do you mean by pushing his luck too far? He was asked questions,and he answered them;how does that translate to going back and forth? I've been watching you do your "one step here,two steps there thing on NL and trsut me,you come across to most people here,as a mischievous person who writes to curry favor and play to the gallery,than someone who writes based on objectivity. You really need to take a chill pill cos not too many people here,take you seriously.
TonyeBarcanista:
The election defeat was conceded almost 10 months ago. We can't be going bacj and forth though GEJ's acceptance of the defeat was a boost to his democratic credentials and heroic(by my judgement, I think he shouldn't push his luck too far. For the fact that we now have a new government in power, in whom the destiny of Nigeria lies. We have to move ahead...

3 Likes

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by ogbongem: 8:34am On Jan 31, 2016
Jonathan was good,too good to a fault,those who surrounded him just used him and dumped him.posterity will catch up with all of them.

2 Likes

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by AlPeter: 8:34am On Jan 31, 2016
Pidggin:
As expected, majority tribes bullying a president from a minority tribe out of office. With the number of cancelled election results by the judiciary, it is obvious that the entire election was filled with irregularities. He should have gone to court for the sake of Nigerians who voted for him. Bigots do not appreciate the sacrifice you made Sir.
and the cancelled results came from areas your hero presumably won in a landslide
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by iconSAGE1(m): 8:36am On Jan 31, 2016
efilefun:
Nigeria ain't a country where you lose and still hold on to power, this ain't Zimbabwe, if someone would have held on to power after his tenure, that person should have been Obasanjo cuz he was so powerful/power drunk then not GEJ who was placed there, so sure he would have lost PDP primaries if it wasn't canceled. He "sounds nice and gentle" but too soft and clueless to rule a nation like nigeria

Ogbeni Nigeria is not a country where you lose and still hold to power, Am sure you dont know anything about june 12 1993 when Abiola won at the poll and Babanginda refuse to relinquish power, Try and read so that ignorance will depart from you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Omeny: 8:36am On Jan 31, 2016
If he had stayed on, NOTHING would have happen!
The guys just ranting here would have all gone into hiding and self-survival!

Empty vessels!

Thank God for what u did jharee GEJ! At least, u have thought all of us a lesson!
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by anonimi: 8:38am On Jan 31, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
The election defeat was conceded almost 10 months ago. We can't be going bacj and forth though GEJ's acceptance of the defeat was a boost to his democratic credentials and heroic(by my judgement, I think he shouldn't push his luck too far. For the fact that we now have a new government in power, in whom the destiny of Nigeria lies. We have to move ahead...

Please can you tell us how Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is "pushing his luck too far"
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2472012_political_jpeg159c20bce885539ba1c0f382a90b89ce

chronique:
What is this nonsense you are saying? What do you mean by pushing his luck too far? He was asked questions,and he answered them;how does that translate to going back and forth? I've been watching you do your "one step here,two steps there thing on NL and trsut me,you come across to most people here,as a mischievous person who writes to curry favor and play to the gallery,than someone who writes based on objectivity. You really need to take a chill pill cos not too many people here,take you seriously.

Thanks for your pre-emptive strike even as we await clarification from the NL almighty Barcanista.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by spiralwedge(m): 8:38am On Jan 31, 2016
What's all these hypes all about?

YOU LOOSE, YOU VACATE THE SEAT? what's so wonderful about that?

He even shot himself in the foot by saying he had other reasons for vacating the seat. He makes a fool of himself, proving further that a black man can hardly relinquish power once he has it.

WHAT HE SHOULD BE SAYING IS THAT HE RELINQUISHED POWER BECAUSE HE LOST THE ELECTIONS. That's what the civilised world wants to celebrate.
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by kingthreat(m): 8:38am On Jan 31, 2016
Jonathan should stop making himself sound so special. He handed over to Buhari because he had no choice, simple. He refusing to hand over power will automatically place his life and those around him under threat.
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by gretblue: 8:39am On Jan 31, 2016
We heard you

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Caseless: 8:40am On Jan 31, 2016
Adminisher:

This is extremely STUPID, completely ignorant and low IQ.
Obasanjo practically handed over to Jonathan. Yaradua barely did 2 years. So the North has been out of power for more than 16 years. It is very important to think at a high level and stop being childish.
don't mind those kids.
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Etizz: 8:40am On Jan 31, 2016
zendy:
Basically, GEJ is saying that even if he had reservations about the elections, he knew that if he had contested the results, the North and some of their SW allies would have visited mayhem on the country. He was literaly 'bullied' out of his constitutional right to contest the outcome of the election. GEJ saved a lot of lives by conceding defeat. Unfortunately, if he had to do this to save lives, APC is not likely to be a Government that will effect any meaningful change

Period......

U Don talk am finish....
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by 989900: 8:41am On Jan 31, 2016
The best thing he ever did. Thanks sir

But I still loathe you for running the country aground.
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Etizz: 8:43am On Jan 31, 2016
kingthreat:
Jonathan should stop making himself sound so special. He handed over to Buhari because he had no choice, simple. He refusing to hand over power will automatically place his life and those around him under threat.

He is special of course, buhari on the other hand will never do what he did...

He is not dragging power with buhari so stop hating, it's not good for your health.

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by vkon2(m): 8:43am On Jan 31, 2016
one of the difficult task for any man To do is rule a country Nigeria,in the next four years I know you all we definitely agree with me...God bless GEJ,God bless PMB and God bless my belove country NIGERIA
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by anonimi: 8:43am On Jan 31, 2016
gretblue:
We heard you

Ask the "strong, incorruptible man of integrity" who is the current tenant of Aso Rock villa about the yams he ate in his STORY of $2.1 billion for which no one has been successfully tried or convicted.
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3206894_tmp30566fbimg1450529509545914443311_jpeg4c3407a2efe4a93f64218f856abf9b9a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3191654_1239200310207040029852596885005702579760607n_jpeg655e00798ae6d4674d9087bb4277b198
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by ibietela2(m): 8:45am On Jan 31, 2016
kaypound:
[b][/b]The tension in the land was abysmally high and palpable, in the months and days leading to the election. The country became more polarized more than ever before, such that the gap between the North and the South and between Christians and Muslims became quite pronounced.

The above situation was created by you and your kinsman by your hate campaign.
Nnamadi Sambo your vice was caught on camera saying Muslims should not vote for Christians.
Asari Dokubo was all.over media threaten the peace of the country if Jonathan didn't win.

Shut up, is it only his own you remember? What about Buhari? Atiku? Ameachi and other APC members? Why are you always Bias

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by nnacent(m): 8:46am On Jan 31, 2016
OVI75:
How can the. North continue to lead us.does this country rey belong to dem,,(_hausas)?
With statements like this, Im sorry for GEJ cos nothing has changed. we are as polarized as ever. i had issues with kai dis passing week and wen some people came to interven, all d kai official was shouting was "omo ibo!, omo ibo!!" I sorry for Nigeria.
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by anonimi: 8:47am On Jan 31, 2016
989900:
The best thing he ever did. Thanks sir

But I still loathe you for running the country aground.

Someone needs to be better informed around here about the CORRUPTION that preceded Jonathan and that is going on currently under Buhari.
Let me come to the rescue.

...F A C T.. C H E C K ...

'Obasanjo and Atiku in 8 years built one UNIVERSITY each for themselves....Bells and ABTI.
They built NONE for Nigerians.

Jonathan and Sambo in 4 years built 14 (FOURTEEN) new universities for all Nigerians.
NONE for themselves.

NOTE: OBJ and ATIKU are now consultants/sponsors/piloters/members of APC....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2023224_106334837960003637540871239247822158463153o_jpega322806fc65b78cc91e1dd619380fecb

Sourced from: https://www.nairaland.com/2146237/why...ive/4#30711260

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3295492_budgetitem01_jpeg1498d1e2da06ded1e5d4fddf01786905

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3295717_budgetitem02_jpegdb6e442d298434dc2c96280a8d30cd31

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by babafirst(m): 8:48am On Jan 31, 2016
You lost the election woefully coupled with the fact that your campaign and rigging machinery looted the party appropriations for campaign and rigging.
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 31, 2016
The number of civilians who died when buhari refused to concede defeat after he lost the president to obj,late yaradua and gej surpassed the lives bokoharam is taken against civilians.He never showed sympathy to their families.I wonder why he is pretending to be sympathetic to our slain military men.
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by lonelydora: 8:50am On Jan 31, 2016
tuale4u:
He lost d election. And he did d right tin

He couldn't have done otherwise.
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by zeembab(m): 8:50am On Jan 31, 2016
GEJ IS A GOOD MAN BUT HE WAS INEXPERIENCE AND POLITICALLY NAIVE. THE POLITICAL SYCOPHANTS TOOK ADVANTAGE TO LOOT THE TREASURE.

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Taiw(m): 8:50am On Jan 31, 2016
petkoffDrake:
Dullard thinks Jonathan is a blood sucking daemon like him?
Soon dullard buhari will eat d soup he is preparing undecided

All this ibo peeps beefing Buhari...I dont know what you guys stand to gain being tribalistic...we are all one naija...so dont see yourself as superior, dat you deserve to rule...if you guys keep going at this rate..you will never smell power...#saynototribalism....Gej days are over...lets learn to move on...if you want to criticize Buhari govt...then u are free..present you facts and i will support you...but as long as you keep calling him names...you will still remain the boy that you...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ACP Egbe Eko Edum Killed In Calabar / Jubilations From All Over Nigeria.. In Photos / Governor Umar Ganduje Bribery Video Shared By Daily Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.