Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan (52008 Views)

Boko Haram Is Sympathetic To Buhari - Jonathan / UK Government Reacts To Reports Of Buhari & Jonathan Meeting In London / Ita-Giwa: What Jonathan Told Me After He Conceded To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by myproperty(m): 9:55am On Jan 31, 2016
ayemerbarth:
The reason you conceded victory to PMB Was because you were defeated.
That is a good reason by a sound mind. How many times did Buhari go to court after being defeated.
He is in government now because somebody lost the seat and relinquish it, If Buhari as an incumbent para-venture lost in the next election( if he contest) would he relinquish and accept defeat?

2 Likes

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by chijane1(f): 9:55am On Jan 31, 2016
Am just passing ooooooo.no comment
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by ilyas26(m): 9:56am On Jan 31, 2016
Sir i learned through your fortunate and ineffectual political expedition that though anyone could be president not everyone should be. [/quote]
This is an epic statement, anyone could be president not everyone should be
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by fortune1968: 9:58am On Jan 31, 2016
Adminisher:

This is extremely STUPID, completely ignorant and low IQ.
Obasanjo practically handed over to Jonathan. Yaradua barely did 2 years. So the North has been out of power for more than 16 years. It is very important to think at a high level and stop being childish.
just leave this Ipob ideas to them .They will continue to generate hatred for themselves among other tribes and I can bet it ,NOBODY will vote for any south Easterner as d country President in the near future due to the way they have been conducting themselves before and since the inception. of buhari administration .
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Mylove55(f): 9:59am On Jan 31, 2016
Pidggin:
As expected, majority tribes bullying a president from a minority tribe out of office. With the number of cancelled election results by the judiciary, it is obvious that the entire election was filled with irregularities. He should have gone to court for the sake of Nigerians who voted for him. Bigots do not appreciate the sacrifice you made Sir.
that means election did not hold in river state were d clueless corrupt hero garner 1.5m vote, also in anambra and abia, nothing of such cancellation occur in kano and any part of north, beside, ur clueless corrupt hero is a complete failure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by JoyPaulLaw(m): 9:59am On Jan 31, 2016
anonimi:

Sir, I don't think 2010-2015 makes 6 years or does it
Meanwhile I like your optimism about voting Buhari out when his FAILURE would be apparent to more people. I hope it aligns with reality by then.
Cheers.

Correction noted! Was GEJs administration then a success? All I am saying is GEJ will definately leave someday....won't he? And when he leaves there will definately be a change in administration someday. PMB won't be there for eternity.....so let us all wait and see.
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by JoyPaulLaw(m): 10:04am On Jan 31, 2016
myproperty:

That is a good reason by a sound mind. How many times did Buhari go to court after being defeated.
He is in government now because somebody lost the seat and relinquish it, If Buhari as an incumbent para-venture lost in the next election( if he contest) would he relinquish and accept defeat?

Nice question... But you NEVER can judge a HIM now until he faces similar situation.
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Obipat(m): 10:04am On Jan 31, 2016
Firefire:
“Should I then, for the love of power, watch Nigeria slide into a theatre of war, with my fellow country men and women dying, and many more pouring into other nations in Africa and beyond, as refugees?

Should I hang on to power and tussle with my challengers, while the investments of hard working citizens of the world go down the drain? I then said to myself, NO! "

Resisting the lure of power...

May those killed in 2011 post Presidential Election violence continue to rest in peace. cry cry
Buhari is a terrorist QED

3 Likes

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Osakah24(m): 10:09am On Jan 31, 2016
TCD:
he should have stayed on and watch what happened to gbagbo of ivory coast by the International community happen to him. he never see something.
Use ur senses for once, even if he was ousted like gbagbo more than a thousand would have died before its achieved and the nation won't be the same afterwards.

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by YelloweWest: 10:11am On Jan 31, 2016
OVI75:
How can the. North continue to lead us.does this country rey belong to dem,,(_hausas)?
Yes the country belongs to them. The sw are their slaves. That's why we need to pack our bags and move on!

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by noblegrex: 10:11am On Jan 31, 2016
tuale4u:
He lost d election. And he did d right tin
yeah!!!may your days be long I.that man is a FOOL. I always got angry and surprised each and every time they say that word.'That he Left power peacefufly'is it his great grandfather that owns this nation,do they own Nigeria?that will say their son has an inheritance of it.for God sake this is Nigeria.it belongs to everyone that God has giving the oppurtunity to become a citizen.for God sake JONATHAN is a citizen like one of us.he's just furtunate to ba the president and he or any other fool can never hold on to power for what.majority of us liked him so much and suported him.expecially some one like me in 2011 election and nobody contended that.so,why will he lost and want to contend it.he uses his sweet,sugar quoted mouth to fool me.when Ya ardua was in Hospital.I thought he's going to be a great leader,not knowing he's a big disaster.he should have tried it and see if he's not going to be affected the more and some gullible fool of Nigerian will keep saying he left power. Na him PAPA get Nigeria. Nosense.
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by icybeth(m): 10:14am On Jan 31, 2016
God fearing man. you made a right decision. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by anonimi: 10:14am On Jan 31, 2016
JoyPaulLaw:
Was GEJs administration then a success?

You can check the 15 pages of pictorial SAMPLE of the achievement of his federal administration for you to assess his comparative success against other presidents/Heads of State and the 36 state governors as well as 774 LGA chairmen.

https://www.nairaland.com/2117791/achievements-jonathan-sambo-administration-pictures
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by anonimi: 10:20am On Jan 31, 2016
ilyas26:
This is an epic statement, anyone could be president not everyone should be

Would you say that a man with the record below should be president again

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2095210_worst_jpeg588f192a23aa02a7b350a8bbe5d18306

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2045441_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2200220_buharitimes_jpeg7f7af5477cac38029a73c90597c94226

Splashme:
The first civilian governor of Lagos State, Alhaji Lateef Jakande, on Tuesday, said that the cancellation of the Lagos metroline project in 1985 was a major mistake and disservice to many Nigerians.

Jakande spoke in Lagos during the launch of a book which chronicled his life in politics and journalism.

The book, entitled, ‘Jakande: Leadership in Action’ is written by Dr. Bola Olaosebikan, who told the audience at the event that the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), was not responsible for the cancellation of the project.

Jakande said, “Reflecting on the metroline project, I think it is a major disservice to many Nigerians. Imagine how many people would have benefitted. It would have made life easier and changed the face of transport in Lagos. Whoever cancelled it or gave the advice towards its cancellation didn’t do right.”

The former governor asked Nigerians not to vote for unserious leaders in the coming polls, saying the elections presented Nigerians with a good opportunity that should not be squandered.

Expressing the hope that Nigeria would soon overcome its developmental challenges, Jakande said hope would be actualised faster if credible people emerged as leaders in the next dispensation.

He said, “This book comes at a very auspicious time in Nigeria’s history as we need leaders who can act. We need leaders who would not compromise the standards of good governance. God has blessed this nation the most in Africa, although we have not reached where we should be; with the right leaders, Nigeria would overcome its challenges.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/cancelling-metroline-a-major-mistake-jakande/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2087214_buharimetro_jpeg0139273fe26a1325be266ba40c34a836
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Luckylife(m): 10:20am On Jan 31, 2016
Pavarottii:

Well I understand that u r kid, and u won't know wat really transpired in the mind of GEJ. Am not sure u would av been here typing this thing. U seriously don't even know wen War is knocking on the door. So u think GEJ was actually defeated? With 1.9million votes in Kano with NO VOID votes and underage voters that was all over the. Cyber space; am not sure u saw our airports that day right. They were filled to d brim; am not sure u know of weapons been transported to the north; am not sure u wondered why all the northerners were leaving the southern part of Nigeria to their town. U think is too vote; my friend Wen u sit down with elders; they will school you more about the theatre of War GEJ boycotted intentionally.

Be careful wat u wish for. Cos u won't know until it happens; it's either u appreciate him or keep quiet rather than coming here to type wat u just did.
Thank you.
god blessed our entire generations only the wise ones know what you just revealed
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by tsdarkside(m): 10:28am On Jan 31, 2016
zendy:
Basically, GEJ is saying that even if he had reservations about the elections, he knew that if he had contested the results, the North and some of their SW allies would have visited mayhem on the country. He was literaly 'bullied' out of his constitutional right to contest the outcome of the election. GEJ saved a lot of lives by conceding defeat. Unfortunately, if he had to do this to save lives, APC is not likely to be a Government that will effect any meaningful change

pahh...you are foolish...the juju that jonathan used on you people,is not from this world.......

the military would have taking over...didnt you saw the thread here on nairaland...??...

plans were already been made by the military to take over....

me,i am for military-rule....

what the western-world(your god) want to do??...

the can go finger-fvck-themselves....
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 31, 2016
OVI75:
How can the. North continue to lead us.does this country rey belong to dem,,(_hausas)?
in the last 17 year the noth has ruled for less than 3 years the west, 8 years and south east 6 years! lets be realistic
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by macino1(m): 10:30am On Jan 31, 2016
For once, I commend your philosophy of life and the courage to relinquish power to your contender so easily. That action is indeed, a rare trait in Africa. However, you were too milk & gentle to lead a complex country like Nigeria, to that effect, you sacrifice the hope, trust and the golden opportunity of we the NigerDeltans.
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by chiedu7: 10:32am On Jan 31, 2016
Godly people do not murder people for power.

Thats the thing about Christians they value human life.

They dont blow people up.

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 31, 2016
macino1:
For once, I commend your philosophy of life and the courage to relinquish power to your contender so easily. That action is indeed, a rare trait in Africa. However, you were too milk & gentle to lead a complex country like Nigeria, to that effect, you sacrifice the hope, trust and the golden opportunity of we the NigerDeltans.
is the hope of he Nigerdeltans to rule forever? I DON GERIT!!!
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by JoyPaulLaw(m): 10:36am On Jan 31, 2016
anonimi:

You can check the 15 pages of pictorial SAMPLE of the achievement of his federal administration for you to assess his comparative success against other presidents/Heads of State and the 36 state governors as well as 774 LGA chairmen.

https://www.nairaland.com/2117791/achievements-jonathan-sambo-administration-pictures

Wow.... He did so well.... Created 2million jobs for Nigerian youths, empowered 30million Nigerian youths, Fuel price was reduced to N20/L, 10million federal roads were completed, 80 Federal Universities were equipped with modern and top notched facilities, the nations economy received a great boost and that's why Buhari was able to raise money to help states owing their workers, power supply was privatized and produced 500,000,000 mega watts, the NIS recruitment exercise was well looked into and every candidates were refunded their money and gave jobs to the families of those who lost their lives...
GEj deserves to be there till eternity......

NB.....I'm not in support of any political party!
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by AKDON(m): 10:39am On Jan 31, 2016
Leeeekeeee:

pls saided it again.
sha shi said it again?
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Luckylife(m): 10:44am On Jan 31, 2016
JoyPaulLaw:

With all this characteristics mentioned....... What exactly did he achieved? What are those things we can point to as his major achievements? Nigerians should learn to call a spade ...a spade. I don't support anyone/party... But its time the masses should use their voting power to chase any non performing govt/administration. If by 2019, there's nothing of significance we can point to in PMB's administration.......Vote him out!
the facts you don't no any good policies,developments or you don't what to accept the truth is not any bodies fault but what I will teach u to understand is that the fact u are busy typing ur myopic understanding was made possible by the actions our former president gej took not to contest the rigging that took place in the north in favour of pmb. That alone saves lives including yours. So on ur own text call a spade a spade. When pmb lost innocent lives were lost but when gej lost lives were saved.
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by hush15: 10:48am On Jan 31, 2016
Toks2008:

My brother i tire o.

He keeps ranting as if he was not defeated.

Buhari won neatly.

You right. He did the right thing and we need to celebrate the right things as this. Celebrating it breeds the right culture in our society and our nation as a whole. It encourages more examples as this where leader see the bigger picture and act responsibly. In a nation and continent at large where power is relinquished without a fight, I know it's right to acknowledge this good thing and celebrate it so God can bless us with more.
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Femiwilli: 10:54am On Jan 31, 2016
makenzie:

The question is "Is the hope of the rest of Nigeria to siphon their oil forever?"
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by arcnomec(m): 11:04am On Jan 31, 2016
efilefun:
Nigeria ain't a country where you lose and still hold on to power, this ain't Zimbabwe, if someone would have held on to power after his tenure, that person should have been Obasanjo cuz he was so powerful/power drunk then not GEJ who was placed there, so sure he would have lost PDP primaries if it wasn't canceled. He "sounds nice and gentle" but too soft and clueless to rule a nation like nigeria

Oh so Babangida lost at the polls or was GEJ a military head of state You just dive into matters u don't understand, Abegii park well make I spit

Young man please educate me more,when did Obasanjo contested an election in our Democratic dispensation and lost?...

I just wonder how some of you folks reason...
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by AlPeter: 11:05am On Jan 31, 2016
Pidggin:

What do you expect? You want your hero to cancel elections he supposedly won in other areas? You need to pray for deliverance so you can think clearly
you are funny sha... Very funny, so Buhari is now the judge and INEC CHAIRMAN. Madam better go buy brain or loan it from your friends before discussing with me. If there are irregularties won't the opposition go to court. Even if GEJ didn't, what of the senatorial candidates and House of Reps. Their silences speaks volumes
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by hush15: 11:15am On Jan 31, 2016
noblegrex:
yeah!!!may your days be long I.that man is a FOOL. I always got angry and surprised each and every time they say that word.'That he Left power peacefufly'is it his great grandfather that owns this nation,do they own Nigeria?that will say their son has an inheritance of it.for God sake this is Nigeria.it belongs to everyone that God has giving the oppurtunity to become a citizen.for God sake JONATHAN is a citizen like one of us.he's just furtunate to ba the president and he or any other fool can never hold on to power for what.majority of us liked him so much and suported him.expecially some one like me in 2011 election and nobody contended that.so,why will he lost and want to contend it.he uses his sweet,sugar quoted mouth to fool me.when Ya ardua was in Hospital.I thought he's going to be a great leader,not knowing he's a big disaster.he should have tried it and see if he's not going to be affected the more and some gullible fool of Nigerian will keep saying he left power. Na him PAPA get Nigeria. Nosense.

Abeg receive sense, who has done it better him yet in this country?

The juveniles used to edge him out of presidency is the right thing abi or the radio changi that was used to promote violence in the north, the very same violence that the charging IPOB for which IPOB is yet to commit or is it the hatred speech of the APC when they say they will run a parrlel government or baboon and monkeys will soak in blood that makes sense to you.

Neither Obasanjo, nor Buhari nor tinubu nor amechi nor any APC members would take defeat in good faith like he did with all the hate and divisive statements made by them.

So yes, it's worth celebrating and Nigerians are thankful to God for leaders like him that put Nigeria and Nigerians after God first in their actions. Even Buhari can't take that shine from him.

So go siddon and sharrup if you don't know how to appreciate a good deed.
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Ahmedhussain3463: 11:16am On Jan 31, 2016
Firefire:
“Should I then, for the love of power, watch Nigeria slide into a theatre of war, with my fellow country men and women dying, and many more pouring into other nations in Africa and beyond, as refugees?

Should I hang on to power and tussle with my challengers, while the investments of hard working citizens of the world go down the drain? I then said to myself, NO! "

Resisting the lure of power...

May those killed in 2011 post Presidential Election violence continue to rest in peace. cry cry
lol,e hand over power becos e had no choice,i will nt fall for dis petty sentiment becos it cn nt stand|
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by macino1(m): 11:17am On Jan 31, 2016
makenzie:

No Sir, nothing last forever. The hope and opportunity referred to here was for him not to make a mark of difference with the slot. Thereby selling other products "politically" from the NigerDelta. Since we were the one laying the golden egg.
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 31, 2016
bankyblue:

Prof of english.......iwo ta ibon re?

Ode....instead of u to correct him.

Na so e pain you? grin

Not my job to educate both of you asshats.
Re: Real Reasons I Conceded To Buhari —jonathan by Ahmedhussain3463: 11:23am On Jan 31, 2016
zendy:
Basically, GEJ is saying that even if he had reservations about the elections, he knew that if he had contested the results, the North and some of their SW allies would have visited mayhem on the country. He was literaly 'bullied' out of his constitutional right to contest the outcome of the election. GEJ saved a lot of lives by conceding defeat. Unfortunately, if he had to do this to save lives, APC is not likely to be a Government that will effect any meaningful change
e dint save any life as speculated,at wht capaicity is e going to hold on to power?e gave away power becos usa and d west are totally against him|remember dt d west preempt d outcome of d election and before inec and they also pmise to punish any body dt try to create more refugee pblem for dem|am a realist if d west had support him,e will had hold on to power at all cost|is a fearfull man who dnt av the guts to pilot a country like nigeria|u tink northern general would allow jonathan use state apparatus against their people?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. / Melaye Arrived National Hospital In His Motorcycle To See Body Of Late Ocholi / 184 Doctors From 7 Countries Write Buhari Over El-zakzaky (Names)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.