Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,176 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? (19657 Views)

Who Else Has Experienced This? why do some ladies act this way? / 7 Ways Religious Ladies Act When They Visit Their Boyfriend / 10 Hilarious Ways Ladies Act When Guys Accidentally See Them Unclad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 31, 2016
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Iffffffy(f): 5:04pm On Jan 31, 2016
God knows
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Ab025(m): 5:04pm On Jan 31, 2016
They are not surprised, they are just faking it.....

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by playtheblues(f): 5:06pm On Jan 31, 2016
Because they know the men have other chicks and they didn't even know they were the main chicks.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 31, 2016
GOFRONT:
Okay why do You Still Kiss ur bride on the Alter after kissing her day n Nite when u were stil dating her years b4 that wedding day??
bros that one na jst formality, alter kissing is nt even romantic n passionate sef like normal kissing, u can ask our married brethren in d houz
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by ennysongs(m): 5:07pm On Jan 31, 2016
Cos it something every lady pray for and not every lady get it the right way and time

1 Like

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by raayah(f): 5:07pm On Jan 31, 2016
Let me use an analogy for you.

Suppose you go for a job interview, this is your dream job. You see yourself starting a career there, you love the position.

After the interview, the HR people love you, they said you were the best so far. They are very positive and they say you'll hear from them after a specified time range.They went on to say that they will definitely hire you if management signs off.

A couple of weeks after, the specified time range is getting closer, you get no job offer. You send an email to the HR and they say they're waiting for management to sign on it, but they are very sure you will get the job.

Then one morning, you wake up and there's an email on your phone with a job offer.

Won't you be surprised? Won't you be happy?

Same thing with getting engaged for a woman, she's a good girlfriend loving and caring, she is positive that she will marry her partner but it isn't 100 percent until she gets a ring.

Why are all the commenters using this question to insult women in general? Don't you people have mothers, sisters and female friends who have been a positive influence? How some of you think is really appalling.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by cassyrooy(m): 5:07pm On Jan 31, 2016
It wows her like 'with all that is imperfect about me, he still chooses me'.

It is an honour to share a lifetime with someone, even though there were kinda turbulance in contract.
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 31, 2016
Estharfabian:
So! You'd love if we just grabbed The ring off your hand With No emotion whatsoever and Scream.."Its about time, give me my ring!?"

But out of every other emotion
Why do you guys pick surprise? Is it like an Evolutionary thing?

I wonder how they do it in the animal kingdom

1 Like

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Princess4ng(f): 5:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
We are normally surprised maybe because we never expected it at that point in time and maybe the way and approach of the proposal......
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
Estharfabian:
So! You'd love if we just grabbed The ring off your hand With No emotion whatsoever and Scream.."Its about time, give me my ring!?"

That will actually be nice really. Do it with a stone cold face too cause thIs marriage thing ehn na world war . The way my neighbor was punching his wife this morning, I fear my head.
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Alexander001(m): 5:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
her juju finally worked.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by RENOWNED2(m): 5:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
women get emotional when they say 'A' and you say 'a' and your asking why they get emotional when you propose??Are you sure you are mentally ready to have a girlfriend??na joke oh
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Richy4(m): 5:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
I have seen a video of one that really fainted ooo my brother

Though her parents and boyfriend throw a surprised birthday party without her knowledge....
when the guy went on his kneels to ask, The lady just fall like a tree, every one in the party was scared ..... and I do not think that was a pretence because someone pretending will never fall with head everything on the hard floor....

After she was revived, after 16mins, they persuaded the guy to ask that same question, she agreed.... it was really funny.....

1 Like

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by xynerise: 5:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
"Thank God! Among the magas I have, this rich and handsome one ended up proposing"

#Runs out
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by dajan03: 5:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
[color=#000099][/color] it's Nollywood and Hollywood that is causing it
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Deeejah(f): 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
Hmmmm...I will have d answer when he proposes cos me sef dey wonder why some of us dey always form surprised like say no b wetin we dey take day and night pray for b that. undecided
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by anonimi: 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
Because they know how to pretend very well since the days of Eve and Moremi.
Next?

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by busybeei5(f): 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
embarassed
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 31, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

But out of every other emotion
Why do you guys pick surprise? Is it like an Evolutionary thing?

I wonder how they do it in the animal kingdom
Uh...coz it's kinda surprising?

Okay, let's look at things these way...

We go to a cinema? Just on A normal date..We've never talked about marriage..like ever! And suddenly, You just Popped up the Question and a huge diamond ring. bang!

''Would You marry me!''? isn't that a bit shocking? ofcourse she'd be super surprised!undecided

it's somewhat inevitable.
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
blueseacats:
That will actually be nice really. Do it with a stone cold face too cause thIs marriage thing ehn na world war . The way my neighbor was punching his wife this morning, I fear my head.
Trust me,

You'd take back your ring!grin

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by goshen26: 5:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
becos odas do it they count it as norm
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
They are surprised because finally them see mugu after all d rubbish them don do
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by ideatoprince18(m): 5:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
YEa. THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO B DAMN HAPPY COS WE ARE DOING DEM A FAVOR ........ D CATEGORY OF GAL DAT IS SUPPOSE TO NOT ACT MUSHY ARE D VIRGINS!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by kalufelix(m): 5:25pm On Jan 31, 2016
Nothing much shaa 'dramatic' beings by default...
Btw ah neva propose to woman b4 so i cant confirm
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Holuwakemmy16(f): 5:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
Either men like it or not we are the salt of life(girls) and they can't do without us,shout out to every women out there.
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by daclint(m): 5:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
refiner:
my dear u don't knw Hw it feels....avnt u heard abt guys dat date ladies for five,six yrs buh went ahead to marry someone else?.....

I wonder wat I will even do self wen my man proposes to me.....oh dat perfect day!* wipes out tears*

You're crying already grin grin wetin u go come do that day??, I guess na fainting levels

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by raayah(f): 5:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
ourchoice:
Because to ladies, marriage means an end to their life's problems whereas to guys, marriage means the beginning of their life's problems and horrors

Such a sexist and bullcrap thing to say. If marriage is beginning to a man's problem, why do men get married.

Is a married man going to get through years of pain to give birth? What about domestic violence - aren't married women the victims?

An average married man in Nigeria, gets up, eats hot breakfast, goes to work with packaged lunch, comes back to eat hot dinner and have sex with his wife.
His meals, clothes, house, kids are taken care of.

Is this your definition of suffering?

1 Like

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Toks2008(m): 5:29pm On Jan 31, 2016
draftmaster:
To be honest I don't understand why women act surprised and mushy when a man proposes to them. I mean you have been dating and in all of those two years you guys didn't discuss marriage? If you did, why the overly histrionic displays when a man goes down on one knee to stain his trousers with Naija dust? I don't know how relationships go, see I am a Pope grin but I would think if I were ever going to get married, I would have discussed marriage a hundred times with my prospective wife. Type of marriage, prospective period of marriage, number of kids, kind of education for the kids, honeymoon location, choice of city to live in, number of palmwine glasses I'd get per day, who gets tv rights when it is Arsenal vs The Promise. I mean the whole gamut.
So point is, if I am getting married to a girl she'd know a full year before the proposal. So why the surprise package? Abi she no believe me before ke? Why the occasional tears sef? Are you shocked that someone you dated for years is asking you to marry him?
Anyways, before I started dating Chinenye, I asked her, will you marry me? And she replied with a sweet smile on her face, draftmaster, of course you know I'd marry you, you leave me no choice.
See? Me I done skip proposal and engagement ring o. I have even done the math in PKE - Palmy Kegs Equivalent. tongue

Ladies and their mysterious brains.
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by refiner(f): 5:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
daclint:

You're crying already grin grin wetin u go come do that day??, I guess na fainting levels

lol....I don't fink its fainting.... will do more Dan datwink
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
Estharfabian:
Uh...coz it's kinda surprising?

Okay, let's look at things these way...

We go to a cinema? Just on A normal date..We've never talked about marriage..like ever! And suddenly, You just Popped up the Question and a huge diamond ring. bang!

''Would You marry me!''? isn't that a bit shocking? ofcourse she'd be super surprised!undecided

it's somewhat inevitable.

If you cry when he proposes, thats very understandable
But being surprise is almost like you didn't think he loved you that much to propose. I mean, He is your fiancé afterall

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by daclint(m): 5:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
refiner:

lol....I don't fink its fainting.... will do more Dan datwink
Like death?? grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Females Celebrate Relationships And Marriage More? Opinion / Please, What Are The Signs That Your Cousin(female) Is In Love With You? / South Africa Has More Fly, Sexy Girls Than Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.