Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,988 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? (19642 Views)

Who Else Has Experienced This? why do some ladies act this way? / 7 Ways Religious Ladies Act When They Visit Their Boyfriend / 10 Hilarious Ways Ladies Act When Guys Accidentally See Them Unclad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by draftmaster: 12:13pm On Jan 31, 2016
To be honest I don't understand why women act surprised and mushy when a man proposes to them. I mean you have been dating and in all of those two years you guys didn't discuss marriage? If you did, why the overly histrionic displays when a man goes down on one knee to stain his trousers with Naija dust? I don't know how relationships go, see I am a Pope grin but I would think if I were ever going to get married, I would have discussed marriage a hundred times with my prospective wife. Type of marriage, prospective period of marriage, number of kids, kind of education for the kids, honeymoon location, choice of city to live in, number of palmwine glasses I'd get per day, who gets tv rights when it is Arsenal vs The Promise. I mean the whole gamut.
So point is, if I am getting married to a girl she'd know a full year before the proposal. So why the surprise package? Abi she no believe me before ke? Why the occasional tears sef? Are you shocked that someone you dated for years is asking you to marry him?
Anyways, before I started dating Chinenye, I asked her, will you marry me? And she replied with a sweet smile on her face, draftmaster, of course you know I'd marry you, you leave me no choice.
See? Me I done skip proposal and engagement ring o. I have even done the math in PKE - Palmy Kegs Equivalent. tongue

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by yaqq: 12:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
Dating someone for over 5 years n u still acting surprise he proposed? Na break up ring she doesn't expect be that na........ Op y u come d laff after u claim say u be pope?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Adasun(m): 12:22pm On Jan 31, 2016
hw is sunday service mr papacy
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by rheether(f): 12:25pm On Jan 31, 2016
Because we have to.
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by donholy28(m): 12:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
don't try to understand women....their wahala too much

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by obiorathesubtle: 12:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
uuuh.. What if I told you I don't know?

1 Like

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by skademzy(m): 12:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
Its one thing to talk, its another thing to mean what you say. All men are potential liars. It'll only be a dream come true for her when such moments occur. Its normal for the shock of a happy moment.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
So! You'd love if we just grabbed The ring off your hand With No emotion whatsoever and Scream.."Its about time, give me my ring!?"

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by refiner(f): 12:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
my dear u don't knw Hw it feels....avnt u heard abt guys dat date ladies for five,six yrs buh went ahead to marry someone else?.....

I wonder wat I will even do self wen my man proposes to me.....oh dat perfect day!* wipes out tears*

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by GOFRONT(m): 12:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
Okay why do You Still Kiss ur bride on the Alter after kissing her day n Nite when u were stil dating her years b4 that wedding day??

26 Likes

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by AnonymustME(m): 1:02pm On Jan 31, 2016
Acting surprised like they've not been on the guy's neck about. "Where is this relationship heading?'

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by octopusfreaky(f): 1:13pm On Jan 31, 2016
AnonymustME:
Acting surprised like they've not been on the guy's neck about. "Where is this relationship heading?'
SO TRUE, grin grin grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by jonaifame22(m): 1:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
Because finally they got away wth all the rubbish they did when there was no serious person!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by fulfillbill(m): 1:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
Cos they've had several failed trips to the altar...

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by AnonymustME(m): 1:29pm On Jan 31, 2016
octopusfreaky:
SO TRUE, grin grin grin grin

lol, you know this
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by cruzita(f): 1:56pm On Jan 31, 2016
she couldn't believe she would be his bus stop and that her treasure hunt is over

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by ourchoice(m): 1:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
Because to ladies, marriage means an end to their life's problems whereas to guys, marriage means the beginning of their life's problems and horrors

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by tommychow(m): 2:04pm On Jan 31, 2016
That's what they were created to do, innit? Marry a man and be his companion. So when he proposes, it's more like "MAIN OBJECTIVE COMPLETED!". Everything else is trivial (i.e. minor objective) in comparison to being his wife and the mother of his kids...generally speaking by the way.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Atmmachine(m): 4:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
[size=16pt]Fear Women[/size]

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by jamesbanjo(m): 4:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
AM ALSO WONDERING O

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by looseweight: 4:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
Na forming
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by kstyle2(m): 4:58pm On Jan 31, 2016
Dunno.....maybe they never believed som1 would ever marry them...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Brunel(m): 4:58pm On Jan 31, 2016
I taya o...
the signs are usually glaring to most ladies yet they act surprised.
I like what my friend did.
He called an engagement party and proposed there. Everyone who attended the party knew it was the formal engagement ceremony, they've dated for a few years, we all knew it was headed to the altar

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by cutetopsey(f): 4:58pm On Jan 31, 2016
Simply because its a dream come true...... Especially when you are with the right and perfect guy...... That is the joy of it......

BTW, check my signature on how to get rid excess body fats
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by kidman96(m): 4:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
cool cool
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by nikkiking(m): 4:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
Ur opinion.

If u no wan dirty ur trouser, u stand up and proposed. Nothing wrong.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by edwife(f): 5:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
Because it's a surprise. You don't know if you are the one or not. You can discuss marriage with him and make plans but you are not sure when it will happen. It is an unexpected expected situation. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by ogaprime(m): 5:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
O bawon lo jiji ni...

1 Like

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 31, 2016
Jst compare the scenario to an employee who is stil under probation, ur mind won't be at rest until u are confirmed as a full staff......so my point is, when dating a gal, she is nt yet a full staff of ur company until u propose 2 her, so she will be like "oh my God, so I made it at last". So blame them not broda, cos e no easy, in the dating/probation period, the guy might sack them due to low performance appraisal n luk for any other gal/jobseeker to fill in the space......so many job seekers these days, whereas we have few employers/men

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by siegfried99(m): 5:02pm On Jan 31, 2016
OK

Kwantinu
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Donald3d(m): 5:03pm On Jan 31, 2016
Na too much Telemundo dey cause am , they have to practice what they watch na, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin na play i dey play o grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by birmingham04: 5:03pm On Jan 31, 2016
They were surprised because we men are liars, the heart of men are deep that only God can know how deepest it is. Ladies in the house am i right? If so show me with like.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

For Fun: Guyz How Do your babe Ask For Sex When she is With You? / 11 Year Old Girl Is The Youngest Mother In Nigeria (see Photos) / Dating: Why Do Teens Lie About Their Age So As Not To Be Seen As A Minor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.