Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? (19661 Views)

Who Else Has Experienced This? why do some ladies act this way? / 7 Ways Religious Ladies Act When They Visit Their Boyfriend / 10 Hilarious Ways Ladies Act When Guys Accidentally See Them Unclad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by femidejulius(m): 6:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
birmingham04:
They were surprised because we men are liars, the heart of men are deep that only God can know how deepest it is. Ladies in the house am i right? If so show me with like.

Just because you want likes, u are destroying males abi? When your likes reach hundred, let me know so you can exchange it for 100 dollars

1 Like

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by threadstone(m): 6:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
Two most recent experiences.. Guy proposes to girl on wed, by saturday the families have already met for introduction ( with both of them in matching outfits. Aso oke for that matter)

2 friends mum already met the girls family. Intro set for march already. My padi proceeds to buy a ring. Girl says no she has one already. Friend collects it and pops up the question at a date some weeks later. Girl goes all mushy and bursts into tears..

Besides all this razzmatazz, its just for the camera and feel fly- lets make it official bullshit, put my friends on jelous mode, im taken drama. More often than not, They already knew whats up. Save d drama for nbc jere undecided
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Sweetlemon(f): 6:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
klassiquette:

I think it's same reasons why men get all mushy and emotional when their wives tell them they're pregnant like didn't they know that they'll score a goal?

Chop knuckle jare.

Don't mind all these small boys here jare.
Besides, it's not only the girl that acts mushy. Some guys even cry look scared while popping the question as if they are scared she'd say no.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by doveda: 6:50pm On Jan 31, 2016
Estharfabian:
Hahah!grin

that's weird...tongue
Really? you can't date Someone Just for dating?shocked
[/i]

Waste of time! I would have gone through so many relationshipssmiley. That would be the fun part. One bf per monthsmiley

Also, I wouldn't want to catch feelings for someone I didn't deem worthy at first contact neither would I want him to feel bad. I tend to be too polite sometimes. I don't like musvy emotional situations:?

Besides, my religion does not enjoin dating. So it is really easy for me.

It is not weird.
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 31, 2016
Estharfabian:
LoL!grin

I doubt if I'd ever cry...It's almost impossible.
Okay, I think I get your point.

Buh put yourself in A girl's shoes...Not every guy Dates with the sole purpose of Getting married, even if they loved you really Much. some maybe ain't ready.

so, seeing that he actually wants to spend their life with You? It's kinda.............

LoL...Okay, I really don't know what to say!;lipsrsealed

Well if i was a gurl and my fiancé proposed, i'd be like
"Bleep yeah, its about damn time you did that"
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by birmingham04: 7:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
femidejulius:

Just because you want likes, u are destroying males abi? When your likes reach hundred, let me know so you can exchange it for 100 dollars
Say the truth my guy.
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by binarykid(m): 7:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
i don ask ladies for my office but dem no give me beta ansa sef.... as in ehnn yu don date person for over 1yr wat else were u expecting?
If she acts surprised ill just take back my ring, its obvious she is not ready yet (maybe i was being too forward).

1 Like

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by 400billionman: 7:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
donholy28:
don't try to understand women....their wahala

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by seunowokade(m): 7:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
Bcs oyinbo life style don enter out brain and the thing dey destroy our culture.
Back then, when u woe a lady, mean u are telling her u can marry her b4 relationship start self
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by passionate88: 7:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
Estharfabian:
why not??

JUST ASKING.
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Beetobee(f): 7:58pm On Jan 31, 2016
draftmaster:
To be honest I don't understand why women act surprised and mushy when a man proposes to them. I mean you have been dating and in all of those two years you guys didn't discuss marriage? If you did, why the overly histrionic displays when a man goes down on one knee to stain his trousers with Naija dust? I don't know how relationships go, see I am a Pope grin but I would think if I were ever going to get married, I would have discussed marriage a hundred times with my prospective wife.

Type of marriage, prospective period of marriage, number of kids, kind of education for the kids, honeymoon location, choice of city to live in, number of palmwine glasses I'd get per day, who gets tv rights when it is Arsenal vs The Promise. I mean the whole gamut.
So point is, if I am getting married to a girl she'd know a full year before the proposal. So why the surprise package? Abi she no believe me before ke? Why the occasional tears sef? Are you shocked that someone you dated for years is asking you to marry him?
Anyways, before I started dating Chinenye, I asked her, will you marry me? And she replied with a sweet smile on her face, draftmaster, of course you know I'd marry you, you leave me no choice.
See? Me I done skip proposal and engagement ring o. I have even done the math in PKE - Palmy Kegs Equivalent. tongue

Why do ladies get terribly devastated when men dump them after years of dating and in some cases engagement?
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by refiner(f): 8:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
Sike:
awwwww! Pele
wat is dere to Pele abt nw
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by MxFactor: 8:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
That's their chemical makeup. A woman is a potential time bomb. grin
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Moviesfreakdem: 8:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
Estharfabian:
So! You'd love if we just grabbed The ring off your hand With No emotion whatsoever and Scream.."Its about time, give me my ring!?"

I wonder oh
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by vivypretty(f): 8:19pm On Jan 31, 2016
i think for girls like me is not about the proposal is about how/the manner you proposed(especially if its in a romantic way
and for others is like a breath of fresh air....like finally am off the market
while others you did it when they were least expecting it
for others how magnificent the ring is
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by madjune(m): 8:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
Because all na wash with naija babes.
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Mcowubaba: 8:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
cutetopsey:
Simply because its a dream come true...... Especially when you are with the right and perfect guy...... That is the joy of it......

BTW, check my signature on how to get rid excess body fats
U can never know the right nd perfect guy atleast till ur 25th wedding anniversary...
Wen u look back nd have no regrets..
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Babayoutoomuch(f): 8:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
rheether:
Because we have to.

But why?Is that not pretence?
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Myde4naija(m): 8:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
skademzy:
Its one thing to talk, its another thing to mean what you say. All men are potential liars. It'll only be a dream come true for her when such moments occur. Its normal for the shock of a happy moment.
you people always blackmail man just to modify women, if you are a liar say it and stop this rubbish of saying all men are potential liar
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Vince77(m): 9:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
Castroii:
Jst compare the scenario to an employee who is stil under probation, ur mind won't be at rest until u are confirmed as a full staff......so my point is, when dating a gal, she is nt yet a full staff of ur company until u propose 2 her, so she will be like "oh my God, so I made it at last". So blame them not broda, cos e no easy, in the dating/probation period, the guy might sack them due to low performance appraisal n luk for any other gal/jobseeker to fill in the space......so many job seekers these days, whereas we have few employers/men
very good explanation

1 Like

Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Seventeen(f): 9:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
isnt it more funny dat guyz even take the trouble to propose in the first place and ask the silly question 'will u marry me' knowing the obvious answer is yes. *shrugging* so if u guyz are saying she shouldnt act suprised because she was expecting it, then we can argue that the 'will u marry me' by d guy is not neccessary in the first place since its obvious to both parties that the relationship is ending in marriage. So guyz, this is d deal... While some women are actually suprised by the proposal, (probably cos she dint see any future in the relationship) most women act all suprise to plz and appreciate the effort and thought that u put in the proposal. Seriously will u rather she just accepts the ring without any emotion. Trust me, she is actually sighing and saying to herself... 'Its about time' The act of suprise is really just for the guyz ego. Thats one of the things we do to make u guyz feel good dat u guyz dont really get.
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by saintfizzo(m): 9:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
Estharfabian:
So! You'd love if we just grabbed The ring off your hand With No emotion whatsoever and Scream.."Its about time, give me my ring!?"

yes!!!!!! That's exactly what we want
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by ReachHard: 11:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
@OP, lemme ask you too:

How would you feel/react, as a market seller, after one 'big customer' comes for your goods after so many years in the 'wilderness', searching for ''sales''?

Answer me O! undecided
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Trueyarn(m): 3:31am On Feb 01, 2016
donholy28:
don't try to understand women....their wahala too much
Best endtime advice!!!
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by Jaynec(f): 7:52am On Feb 01, 2016
OP .. Out of all the billions of female names na Chinenye sweet you pass. Thats cute! Happy new month!
Re: Why Does Ladies Act Mushy And Surprised When A Man Proposes To Them? by RuggedSniper: 5:07am On Jan 02, 2021
draftmaster:
To be honest I don't understand why women act surprised and mushy when a man proposes to them. I mean you have been dating and in all of those two years you guys didn't discuss marriage? If you did, why the overly histrionic displays when a man goes down on one knee to stain his trousers with Naija dust? I don't know how relationships go, see I am a Pope grin but I would think if I were ever going to get married, I would have discussed marriage a hundred times with my prospective wife. Type of marriage, prospective period of marriage, number of kids, kind of education for the kids, honeymoon location, choice of city to live in, number of palmwine glasses I'd get per day, who gets tv rights when it is Arsenal vs The Promise. I mean the whole gamut.
So point is, if I am getting married to a girl she'd know a full year before the proposal. So why the surprise package? Abi she no believe me before ke? Why the occasional tears sef? Are you shocked that someone you dated for years is asking you to marry him?
Anyways, before I started dating Chinenye, I asked her, will you marry me? And she replied with a sweet smile on her face, draftmaster, of course you know I'd marry you, you leave me no choice.
See? Me I done skip proposal and engagement ring o. I have even done the math in PKE - Palmy Kegs Equivalent. tongue
grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Females Celebrate Relationships And Marriage More? Opinion / Please, What Are The Signs That Your Cousin(female) Is In Love With You? / South Africa Has More Fly, Sexy Girls Than Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.