Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church (55070 Views)

Father Mbaka Attacks Buhari: 'Disaster Is Coming, Angels Warming Up For You' / Father Mbaka’s Curse On Bishop Obinna And Okorocha Has Come To Pass / Father Mbaka: "Why Atiku Should Be President Of Nigeria In 2019" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by samchem(m): 2:47pm On Feb 01, 2016
This is all about punishing him I guess, for d recent outbursts if not y taking a decision dat they know will affect many sheeps who are entrusted in their care in d great cetedal of worship
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by IDEKEALUMONA(m): 2:48pm On Feb 01, 2016
The caption. is misleading. Fr Madu just gave his opinion, not the reason for the said transfer, He is not of Enugu catholic diocese.

1 Like

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by emmasege: 2:48pm On Feb 01, 2016
You owe no one or political group any explanation if you must preserve the old tradition of discipline in the church. It's unethical of first generation church leaders to be apolitical as Mbaka. I remember Cardinal Onaiyekan saying of Mbaka sometime last year that if he was Mbaka's Bishop, he would have closed down his church long ago.

I hate to see Pastors campaigning in words or in body language, for any political group.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by zurine(f): 2:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
hmm
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by PhockPhockMan: 2:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
Sijo01:
Does that mean he was no longer useful in his former Parish
Politrik in church.

He was transferred. That's the end of the story.
Priests are transferred every 6 years while Mbaka has stayed there for 15 years.

Abeg make we hear word.
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by mrvitalis(m): 2:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
Ok
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Tokt: 2:52pm On Feb 01, 2016
theozobby:
READ BETWEEN THE LINES BEFORE YOU COMMENT

I did afterwhich I commented. Say urs and lets see if u can do what u expect from me.
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Emmahunk(m): 2:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
I still maintain that this transfersshould not be politicized. Father Mbaka has done quite a lot at Christ the King Parish, I think God wants to use him at his new Parish.
Believe me, if the transfer was not ordained, it would not have come to be.
APC should please let Father Mbaka be.
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by dangermouse(m): 2:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
I wonder why this should be generating a lot of heat. A priest has no life of his own, he goes where ever directed, never called to enjoyment but to carry the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Every priest knows this. It's no big deal.
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by SirToby(m): 2:53pm On Feb 01, 2016
2015 election is over in nigeria but not yet over in south east nigeria!
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by kenny1313(m): 2:55pm On Feb 01, 2016
Vanquay:
Nothing new here.

Politics in Church, these are the same Fools that extort "offerings" from Brainless Sheep lipsrsealed

Just a Priest that fvcks Boys and dines with politicians. wailing over his misfortune.

If not the Catholic church is the Church of Satan, he would have been dismissed from priesthood.
You could have made more sense if you have not commented.
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by PhockPhockMan: 3:00pm On Feb 01, 2016
Sijo01:
Does that mean he was no longer useful in his former Parish
Politrik in church.

May be.
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Itulah(m): 3:01pm On Feb 01, 2016
Tokt:
Ohaneze and lovers of Jonah-daft have bought over the bishop of the diocese. Not to worry priest, u will see the downfall of ur enemies.

You need Jesus in your life. The devil has built mansions in your soul.
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by unbeat007(m): 3:02pm On Feb 01, 2016
philfrey08:

SPACEBOOKERS OF LAIF UP THERE
WE dont need explanations....transfer na normal tin

Priests can criticise government like John d baptist and pray for God's glory
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by flokii: 3:10pm On Feb 01, 2016
Tokt:
Ohaneze and lovers of Jonah-daft have bought over the bishop of the diocese. Not to worry priest, u will see the downfall of ur enemies.

it's inevitable.

sooner or later.. their catholic eye go clear.. *bunch of tribalists & religious bigots combined

1 Like

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by kunle75(m): 3:11pm On Feb 01, 2016
tolexy007:
i dont think Catholic Church owe anybody explanation on Rev Mbaka transfer, he is a Priest and he can be transfer at anytime just like every other Priests, Plpp should not put Politics into this...

I am a card carrying memeber of APC but i totally support the move by the bishop and moreso,Gods work should not be mixed with politics not in this our own naija.
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by geobestokoye: 3:15pm On Feb 01, 2016
m
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Tokt: 3:17pm On Feb 01, 2016
Itulah:

You need Jesus in your life. The devil has built mansions in your soul.

Even Mbaka thinks likewise. Does it mean that father Mbaka also needs Jesus in his life?
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Dubem13: 3:18pm On Feb 01, 2016
God punish you for calling Rev Fr Mbaka mr mbaka, hopeless and careless idiot.
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Eluwilussit(m): 3:23pm On Feb 01, 2016
collinsVP:
It surely going to be difficult for him, given the fact that Our Lady Of The Rosary Parish Emene is too small for a person in the status of Mbaka who commands large followership.

St. Joseph's Parish Emene could have been better, since they want him to go to Emene.

However, i believe he has the "spiritual what it takes" to survive in such a tiny parish( that was my parish though)

If Mbaka has a big status, that parish authomatically becomes a big parish, because of the anointing. He has been in one place for over a decade, let other priests enjoy the gra Enugu parish. It is only fair. Why politicize everything? Even the transfer of a catholic priest? APC and propaganda na Siamese...... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Ola17: 3:24pm On Feb 01, 2016
Hypocrisy is when you consider Fr. Mbaka's transfer as a witch hunt but applaud Buhari's lopsided 'anti corruption' crusade.
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by fulfillbill(m): 3:25pm On Feb 01, 2016
Talk no dey here na...plainly this was done to keep him in check not punish.
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Chrixtopha(m): 3:26pm On Feb 01, 2016
Vanquay:
Nothing new here.

Politics in Church, these are the same Fools that extort "offerings" from Brainless Sheep lipsrsealed

Just a Priest that fvcks Boys and dines with politicians. wailing over his misfortune.

If not the Catholic church is the Church of Satan, he would have been dismissed from priesthood.

you are a fool of the highest order, have u heard that he fvcked your father, you, your brothers or any of your relatives to talk to Fr Mbaka like that....and definitely you are blind enough not to have noticed the extortion masters in the name of offerings buying private jets...pray that God have mercy on you while you are still on earth as your soul is already lost with your comments against the Lord's anointed...
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Lilimax(f): 3:28pm On Feb 01, 2016
Keneking:
Ok

“That ministry (Adoration Ministry) is his private ministry, it does not belong to the church. shocked Overseeing a parish is a full time job. grin Overseeing a ministry is a bigger task. shocked If the church decides to take him somewhere where he’ll have more time to carry out his ministry, how is it punitive? That should not be the language.” angry

I thank God for the Catholic Church...remembering my days carrying the Thurible. An amazing Thurifer.

Lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin
On sighting the Thurible Picture, it reminds me of the smell of incense that oozes out from this
during High Mass celebration smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by tranxo(m): 3:31pm On Feb 01, 2016
collinsVP:
It surely going to be difficult for him, given the fact that Our Lady Of The Rosary Parish Emene is too small for a person in the status of Mbaka who commands large followership.

St. Joseph's Parish Emene could have been better, since they want him to go to Emene.

However, i believe he has the "spiritual what it takes" to survive in such a tiny parish( that was my parish though)

So a mere priest, a common mortal is now bigger than a house of God? How "big" was Mbaka when he started? How "big" was Christ the King parish when Mbaka came? Jesus is the greatest priest; every priest claims to emulate Him but most put comfort first. The essence of posting a "big" priest to a "small" parish should be seen as a blessing because the turnaround of that parish will be explosive. What impact will Mbaka have in a place like Holy Ghost Cathedral?

Christ the King parish seem to have become so comfortable that there was nothing more to innovate. The free time has made him dabble into areas that conflict with his priestly calling. The new "small" parish will surely change his focus and remind him of his primary responsibility because enough work go full ground to keep him busy

Time to start another phase of planting is here.

2 Likes

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Unkl(m): 3:37pm On Feb 01, 2016
this Mbaka story is making a mountain out of a molehill.

For my Abuja peeps, people are winning big, join the fray and win in Kingdom Lottery. All you have to do is to buy a card, scratch and win up to N500,000.

Agents are also needed across Abuja, visit www.kingdomlottery.com or call 09037753281 for more info.

Be on the look out for our campaign teams, cos your neighborhood might be next to be visited.

Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by toprealman: 3:37pm On Feb 01, 2016
I heard the distance from his new to old parish is less than a 5 mins drive... can someone in Enugu confirm please.
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by Chrixtopha(m): 3:38pm On Feb 01, 2016
emmasege:
You owe no one or political group any explanation if you must preserve the old tradition of discipline in the church. It's unethical of first generation church leaders to be apolitical as Mbaka. I remember Cardinal Onaiyekan saying of Mbaka sometime last year that if he was Mbaka's Bishop, he would have closed down his church long ago.

I hate to see Pastors campaigning in words or in body language, for any political group.

yes based on vocation and personality, he shouldn't have ventured into politics in his remarks and preachings but he is still a human who have opinions when things are not going well in the society....but his posting is a normal thing known in catholic church....as some priests always see themselves in an uncompleted churches whom immediately inherit the church building and other works going on there and immediately its time for them to relax and rest...posting surfaces while some are always lucky seeing themselves in already built churches...so its a normal and for Fr mbaka to still remain at his church for that long definitely because of his AMEN(Adoration Ministry Enugu) is his luck and preferential treatment...I believe him and I believe he is going to his new parish to develop and buiid a nice church there and also another adoration ministry or he can still maintain his former site
Re: ''Why We Transferred Father Mbaka'' — Catholic Church by marykaydee: 3:39pm On Feb 01, 2016
tranxo:

So a mere priest, a common mortal is now bigger than a house of God? How "big" was Mbaka when he started? How "big" was Christ the King parish when Mbaka came? Jesus is the greatest priest; every priest claims to emulate Him but most put comfort first. The essence of posting a "big" priest to a "small" parish should be seen as a blessing because the turnaround of that parish will be explosive. What impact will Mbaka have in a place like Holy Ghost Cathedral?

Christ the King parish seem to have become so comfortable that there was nothing more to innovate. The free time has made him dabble into areas that conflict with his priestly calling. The new "small" parish will surely change his focus and remind him of his primary responsibility because enough work go full ground to keep him busy

Time to start another phase of planting is here.

God bless you. Just pulled the words right out of my mouth and even more. Very ridiculous post

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Spectacular' Discovery Validates Biblical Story Of Queen Jezebel (Photos) / Sunday Adelaja Speaks On Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal / Oyedepo Reacts To Femi Adesina's "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.