Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition (31950 Views)

Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR / Ben Bruce Reacts To Lai Mohammed's Blaming Of GEJ For Fuel Scarcity (photos) / Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 12:42pm On Feb 02, 2016
skill4biz:

U hv 2 realize dat BH is an unconventional warfare, which Nigerians has never experience b/4 aside dat nigerian’s leaders prefer 2 make peace with any aggressive country so Nigeria previous govt don’t buy ammunition 4 war. so is not easy 2 fight a guerrilla war like BH.am not holding brief 4 GEJ am only being fair.

Boko haram did not emerge from the moon. They were inbred. It took Jonathan a whole year of doing nothing to create this monster. Yet he played politics with it even up to the eve of the elections. Why do you think he was referred to as an "ineffectual buffoon" which is an apt description.
The flames of corruption which his government brazenly fanned made everyone focus on one thing.... how to capitalise on the mess for personal gain and not for the good of Nigeria. 6 yrs of inaction in which time the guerrillas became a true force... and now we expect a new government to eradicate them in less than a year? Hogwash!
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 02, 2016
yaki84:

so all d bombardment of sambisa na stones airforce de use?

Obviously having a banter with u is tantamount to tomfoolery. I will quit while I am ahead.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by yaki84: 12:49pm On Feb 02, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Obviously having a banter with u is tantamount to tomfoolery. I will quit while I am ahead.

no be only tomfoolery na jerrymumuistic.
na stones apc dey take win boko haram war since the ammunitions gej bought r derelict n mismatch?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 02, 2016
yaki84:

no be only tomfoolery na jerrymumuistic.
na stones apc dey take win boko haram war since the ammunitions gej bought r derelict n mismatch?

Why many of you young ones fail to break ground is because simple analytical reasoning and investigative facts you are incapable of.
Do you know what has been going on in the army underground? If you have soldier friend in the barracks pls ask him and he just might enlighten you.
Dont come here and ask questions even my 3 yr old kid would scoff at. Let your sense of reasoning stray from the norm. Before Jonathan even ordinary ikeja cantonments armory had so much stored so do not assume that the fight was done with what was just acquired. The attempt to get arms to fight insurgency was just another avenue to further milk us dry.
As a property person I sold lots of properties to military officers during Jonathans regime. Military officers were suddenly able to afford buying properties of 50m, 25m, 100m plus. They would buy and refuse to live in them. I had one particular colonel who wanted a property for 100m... a house and I had for him but his request was too close to the elections and whwn Buhari came onboard he suddenly withdrew his request.
Perhaps he was expecting a large sum of money which was why he wanted a place.
Think man think!
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by 3pside: 1:06pm On Feb 02, 2016
kenonze:
Most of you bashing Lai Mohammed do not have idea with it takes to be a minister of Information.
None of u have ever held a small position like PRO of ur village meeting/union.

What Lai Mohammed said is not far from the truth. Its very obvious just that when someone u hate makes a comment, it will never taste fine in ur system.
U b fool
My anger with GEJ is that he overpriced the obsolete items he bought. Had it been they were bought at right price, I will be asking Lai Mohammed which one have ur government bought so far
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by 3pside: 1:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
Mr Man keep quiet,dis is a govt dat lies on daily basis and ur supporting Linus.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by yaki84: 1:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Why many of you young ones fail to break ground is because simple analytical reasoning and investigative facts you are incapable of.
Do you know what has been going on in the army underground? If you have soldier friend in the barracks pls ask him and he just might enlighten you.
Dont come here and ask questions even my 3 yr old kid would scoff at. Let your sense of reasoning stray from the norm. Before Jonathan even ordinary ikeja cantonments armory had so much stored so do not assume that the fight was done with what was just acquired. The attempt to get arms to fight insurgency was just another avenue to further milk us dry.
As a property person I sold lots of properties to military officers during Jonathans regime. Military officers were suddenly able to afford buying properties of 50m, 25m, 100m plus. They would buy and refuse to live in them. I had one particular colonel who wanted a property for 100m... a house and I had for him but his request was too close to the elections and whwn Buhari came onboard he suddenly withdrew his request.
Think man think!

atleast na properties dem buy, during obj, ibb, abacha, buhari, abdul na oil wells n companies dem dey buy.
what a deviation from the norm.
u knw am an ardent reader so I read alot abt hw nigeria evolve from 1960 to now.
happy tuesday

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by aubventure: 1:14pm On Feb 02, 2016
powerfulsettingz:
are those reactions from Nigerians or haters?

Cause Jonathan government is still the greatest wickedness that will ever happen to mankind
You are blind and clueless to what is going on the country.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 02, 2016
yaki84:

atleast na properties dem buy, during obj, ibb, abacha, buhari, abdul na oil wells n companies dem dey buy.
what a deviation from the norm.
u knw am an ardent reader so I read alot abt hw nigeria evolve from 1960 to now.
happy tuesday

Proof of an ardent reader is in the way they make presentations. Yours proves otherwise.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by yaki84: 1:35pm On Feb 02, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Proof of an ardent reader is in the way they make presentations. Yours proves otherwise.

not everybody indulge in copy n paste thing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by jarofbeauty: 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2016
What is this one saying?
kenonze:
Most of you bashing Lai Mohammed do not have idea with it takes to be a minister of Information.
None of u have ever held a small position like PRO of ur village meeting/union.

What Lai Mohammed said is not far from the truth. Its very obvious just that when someone u hate makes a comment, it will never taste fine in ur system.

My anger with GEJ is that he overpriced the obsolete items he bought. Had it been they were bought at right price, I will be asking Lai Mohammed which one have ur government bought so far
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by RichDad1(m): 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2016
MrSly:
Plural noun goes with plural verb. not wailers reacts but wailers react (simple present tense for primary 5 pupils)
Thank you MrSly.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by BushidoBlue(m): 3:05pm On Feb 02, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Boko haram did not emerge from the moon. They were inbred. It took Jonathan a whole year of doing nothing to create this monster. Yet he played politics with it even up to the eve of the elections. Why do you think he was referred to as an "ineffectual buffoon" which is an apt description.
The flames of corruption which his government brazenly fanned made everyone focus on one thing.... how to capitalise on the mess for personal gain and not for the good of Nigeria. 6 yrs of inaction in which time the guerrillas became a true force... and now we expect a new government to eradicate them in less than a year? Hogwash!

Now this your inconsistency is the hogwash straight from APC propaganda handbook.
When BH were attacking people up north burning churches and police stations was Jonathan in Power?

Calculate with me please.. 2010 to 2015 is that 6 years?

Sometimes adults need to look at situations separate it from rumours.

Before yesterday why didn't you say the weapons were substandard?
The reason was because you and your ilk were defending the lie that no weapon was bought.
It's Tuesday and now the story has changed to" they bought weapons but they bought substandard weapons " and you as intelligent as you are, didn't question the logic behind the change of story.

Are you are kid?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
BushidoBlue:

Now this your inconsistency is the hogwash straight from APC propaganda handbook.
When BH were attacking people up north burning churches and police stations was Jonathan in Power?

Calculate with me please.. 2010 to 2015 is that 6 years?

Sometimes adults need to look at situations separate it from rumours.

Before yesterday why didn't you say the weapons were substandard?
The reason was because you and your ilk were defending the lie that no weapon was bought.
It's Tuesday and now the story has changed to" they bought weapons but they bought substandard weapons " and you as intelligent as you are, didn't question the logic behind the change of story.

Are you are kid?

I suppose in your infinitesimal reasoning this is is the only or first thread that has thrashed this weaponry issue on NL. Those of us who understand what is happening know but those of you who follow after sensational journalism should feel free to do so.

Those in the war front know the weapons which jonathan claimed to have bought. Let me quote my friend in the trenches;
" I thank God for the new man. Jonathan almost ended our army! If the other side had more sophisticated weapons my brother by now we would have been saying another thing"

Quit with your squiggly wiggly rant. 5th of may to 29th of may is 5yrs but b4 then who was supposed to be in charge of affairs when Yar adua was away in hospital from 23rd of November 2009 before his demise? Am I supposed to blame Buhari for that too?.

Surely you must yet be a spermatozoa!
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by jarofbeauty: 3:19pm On Feb 02, 2016
Story!
naijadeyhia:

Every country refused to deal on arms with jonathan because technology is precious and can be highly destructive when it falls into the wrong hands. Corruption was the bane of GeJ and his government to the extent intelligence reports were being leaked to boko haram from our very own army so whats stops weapons from also getting into their hands.
Buhari may not have bought weapons but he has been receiving military supplies from countries that originally refused to deal with Nigeria in the days of Gej . Countries like USA with 24 mine sweepers, surface to air missiles and 2 choppers,
China with assault rifles and ground combat equipment, and so on.
You cannot expect the military to give out sensitive info on what and what they have gotten. Personally I know what I know because like I said my friend is in the trenches and ironically he is also a nairalander
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by modal9: 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2016
mayorkyzo:
shut your thrash called mouth...If you have nothing to say just read comments..same people that said GEJ bought no weapons,yet claimed they were winning the war..now they say he bought sub-standard weapons..anyways guess you are an APC Zombie..
embarassed lipsrsealed

All watin i dey see everywhere na hatred...
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Bolasere01(m): 3:26pm On Feb 02, 2016
[quote author=Keystonn post=42540820][/quote formal army chief says there was no hardware to face Bokoharam,Lai says the hardware purchased by Jonathan government lack standard ,I guess they were still saying the same thing.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by modal9: 3:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
powerfulsettingz:
are those reactions from Nigerians or haters?

Cause Jonathan government is still the greatest wickedness that will ever happen to mankind

U said it all...
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
[quote author=Bolasere01 post=42553975][/quote]

When you have substandard weaponry in a war its as good as not having any at all because the enemy would make mince meat of you. So yes both said the same thing.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by maradonat(m): 3:42pm On Feb 02, 2016
Leaders should know that what goes around comes around...
GEJ has done his best, Sai APC should do theirs
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by BushidoBlue(m): 4:04pm On Feb 02, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I suppose in your infinitesimal reasoning this is is the only or first thread that has thrashed this weaponry issue on NL. Those of us who understand what is happening know but those of you who follow after sensational journalism should feel free to do so.

Those in the war front know the weapons which jonathan claimed to have bought. Let me quote my friend in the trenches;
" I thank God for the new man. Jonathan almost ended our army! If the other side had more sophisticated weapons my brother by now we would have been saying another thing"

Quit with your squiggly wiggly rant. 5th of may to 29th of may is 5yrs but b4 then who was supposed to be in charge of affairs when Yar adua was away in hospital from 23rd of November 2009 before his demise? Am I supposed to blame Buhari for that too?.

Surely you must yet be a spermatozoa!

No need to blow hot air, your balloon of lies has been deflated.
I asked a simple question and you can't answer.

Before Tuesday how come no weapons were bought?

By Tuesday it's now substandard weapons that were bought and you are still here ranting...
Did Jonathan buy the substandard weapons on Monday?
... you are not ashamed of being outwitted by spermatozoa... just shows how shallow your reasoning is.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 02, 2016
BushidoBlue:

No need to blow hot air, your balloon of lies has been deflated.
I asked a simple question and you can't answer.

Before Tuesday how come no weapons were bought?
By Tuesday it's now substandard weapons that were bought and you are still here ranting... you are not ashamed of being outwitted by spermatozoa... just shows how shallow your reasoning is.

Its true what they say. When you argue with an oaf he would drag you into his territory and beat you silly. You just dragged me into your territory. I am done here.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by BushidoBlue(m): 4:12pm On Feb 02, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Its true what they say. When you argue with an oaf he would drag you into his territory and beat you silly. You just dragged me into your territory. I am done here.

Shhhh the Oaf is speaking...

Don't run nitwit, the fanfare has just begun.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
BushidoBlue:

Shhhh the Oaf is speaking...

Don't run nitwit, this funfare has just begun.

I wouldnt dream of running from a neanderthal. I just realised that I cannot beat you in your arena for bumpkins so wisdom depicts silence and lane change since you cannot put 2 and 2 together to understand that substandard weaponry in warefare simply translates to no weaponry.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Kennitrust(m): 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2016
walexy30:

Is thay while 'a senile brain' can construct a better sentence than ' do we expects' from you. Olodo!
I wish I could understand u
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Kennitrust(m): 4:22pm On Feb 02, 2016
walexy30:

Is thay while 'a senile brain' can construct a better sentence than ' do we expects' from you. Olodo!
I wished I could understand you.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by BushidoBlue(m): 4:29pm On Feb 02, 2016
naijadeyhia:

I wouldnt dream of running from a neanderthal. I just realised that I cannot beat you in your arena for bumpkins so wisdom depicts silence and lane change since you cannot put 2 and 2 together to understand that substandard weaponry in warefare simply translates to no weaponry.

I knew it
You couldn't resist being an immature imp and avoid a thread which you so want to derail after being caught pants down fumbling.

Enjoy your ranting Oga.
Keep churning excuses for them till they ruin you.

1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 02, 2016
Kgdavid:

Nope....just that you don't know how to read well. Mr Mohammed said the ammunition explodes in the weapons, and not that the weapons explode which is what you said in the post u quoted.

Just to help you out...ammunition refers to things such as bullets and other projectiles, but not the guns themselves.
before where do you think bullets explode? In the mid air? In normal operation the gun powder should explode in the chamber, the part containing the gun powder drops off while the lethal part flies to its target at least that's why we have recoils, unlike in rocket technology where there is no explosion per say just ignition of propellant that burns till target is reached or 'fuel' finishes before it explodes. Thats why we don't experience recoils that are equivalent to the size of the missile or rocket. And for my country man that mentioned some recent donations from the USA don't forget that most of those equipments turned out to be liabilities because the need one form of repair before the can be put into use which means the are substandard too. When you can get such from direct source what do you expect from black market where if you complain those that placed embargo on you will block that black market link. Don't forget he was forced to buy equipments like a terrorist organisation because of some unpatriotic utterances from some elites in the north and opposition that failed to separate national security from politics. His only problem was that he was so soft on them, allowing them to go free after making treasonable statements. I just feel God wants teach most of us in Nigeria some hard lessons.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Kgdavid(m): 7:08pm On Feb 02, 2016
chrysblaise:
before where do you think bullets explode? In the mid air? In normal operation the gun powder should explode in the chamber, the part containing the gun powder drops off while the lethal part flies to its target at least that's why we have recoils, unlike in rocket technology where there is no explosion per say just ignition of propellant that burns till target is reached or 'fuel' finishes before it explodes. Thats why we don't experience recoils that are equivalent to the size of the missile or rocket. And for my country man that mentioned some recent donations from the USA don't forget that most of those equipments turned out to be liabilities because the need one form of repair before the can be put into use which means the are substandard too. When you can get such from direct source what do you expect from black market where if you complain those that placed embargo on you will block that black market link. Don't forget he was forced to buy equipments like a terrorist organisation because of some unpatriotic utterances from some elites in the north and opposition that failed to separate national security from politics. His only problem was that he was so soft on them, allowing them to go free after making treasonable statements. I just feel God wants teach most of us in Nigeria some hard lessons.

Sorry, but i can't see why you're quoting me to write all this sir? The poster i quoted, and was correcting, asserted that Mr Mohammed stated that weapons were exploding, which according to that poster is a ridiculous thing to say, and which if Mr Mohammed did say, would indeed have been ridiculous, given that weapons ordinarily are not combustible. I merely pointed out to the chap that Mr Mohammed instead, actually said that the ammunition loaded into the weapons were exploding in an abnormal fashion.

Now, was there any need to quote me sir?
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 02, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Think man think!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by EmtolalaaPRAISE(m): 3:28am On Feb 03, 2016
Opinedecandid:
Liars everywhere in this government.

From "Jonathan didn't buy any weapons" to "Jonathan bought sub-standard weapons".

The hypocrisy, deceits, lies, falsehood, half-truths and nothingness Buhari's government represents is alarming.

However, I might spare them a little bit for they didn't foist themselves on us, but I will perpetually reprimand those short-sighted and ignorant Nigerians who foist them on is by their ballot.

May Posterity forgive them!

And Buhari will come out and say we are winning the war against Boko haram and I wonder if it is with the broomsticks from his village because I knw Buhari hasn't spent a dime on weapons to this day...

What's annoying is how they lie easily to us and the world at large as if we don't have ears and eyes!

Th most insincere government in the world today is that headed by Buhari
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition by EmtolalaaPRAISE(m): 3:30am On Feb 03, 2016
[quote author=mykl01 post=42565599][/quote]

Go and sit down! You just talk like Lai! Ying liar!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sheriff Wanted To Be President, Promised 4 Governors VP, So We Sacked Him: PDP / $20bn NNPC Fraud: EFCC Discovers Diezani's $37.5m Lagos Mansion.. / Wike To Lamido: You Have No Political Value, PDP Lost Jigawa On Your Watch

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.