Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,417 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos (73083 Views)

Wasted Tricycles Bought By Atiku Bagudu As Constituency Project Contribution / Artillery Weapons Bought By Jonathan, Used By Late Col. Abu-led Troops (Video) / 24 Sins Committed By Jonathan, Wike And PDP - APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by Nobody: 1:33am On Feb 03, 2016
Xposer:
The Nigerian Air Force, in its bid for increased self-reliance, has successfully reconfigured 2 demilitarized Alpha Jets in its inventory that were hitherto acquired without weapon delivery capability. The Chief of Air Staff -Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar was seen with NAF technicians at the reconfiguration site.

According to NAF, the 2 aircraft are among the 4 Alpha Jets bought from the United States in 2015 by the immediate past administration to enhance the operational capability of the NAF to combat Boko Haram insurgency in the North East.

However, the aircraft could not be deployed to the theatre of operation before now due to the inherent weapon delivery deficiency hence its limited use for training purposes.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.com/2016/02/nigerian-air-force-locally-reconfigures.html

No wonder Boko is winning.

This is the POS were buying. Not even an F type.
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by DonBobes(m): 1:47am On Feb 03, 2016
arresa:

He actually did. He bought unfit for battle crap that can not carry or deploy weapons.

Thanks to our ingenious military men for engineering around that rubbish.

U just hit d nail on d head, he bought dem cheap because dey wer nt having WEAPON PYLONS to carry weapons. Dey wr bought frm civilians in USA. Very cheap. Jona destroyed ds country walai!
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by xxgig(m): 3:36am On Feb 03, 2016
saintkel:
Gullible Nigerians I just pity u. Dat aircraft can just be on its own undergoing maintenance n somebody just made dat up for u because he knows u will accept it

I think you should pity yourself. This is how you comment when you watch only the parts of a movie that interest you. Go and read the report of the panel of enquiry on arms purchase. That way you will get a clearer picture Of the kind of jets bought. I even read on has no rotor blade. Most times we tell ourselves lies and blame it on Lia.

1 Like

Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by bubbleslink: 3:57am On Feb 03, 2016
arresa:

He actually did. He bought unfit for battle crap that can not carry or deploy weapons.

Thanks to our ingenious military men for engineering around that rubbish.

is that what you think? there are modalities of doing things, jona couldnt have bought planes without due consultations and directives of the top millitary officials... if atall the war planes bought under his watch is not fit for d task den its d fault of the d military!

2 Likes

Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by Jamb2016Expo: 4:40am On Feb 03, 2016
Naija DON dey upgrade
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by Uten9z(m): 4:44am On Feb 03, 2016
hold Buratai responsible as the procurement office during GEJ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by onunwa21(m): 5:24am On Feb 03, 2016
Truth is coming out everyday........

2 Likes

Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by sweetgala(m): 6:09am On Feb 03, 2016
Bayswater:

Liar! The last administration placed the order.

Which order the same admin so caught up buying half baked alpha jets
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by Sajio(m): 6:23am On Feb 03, 2016
What did they really configure? Lairs.... all I can see is set off soldiers doing Selffee things? what do they know that they would want to configure an already made jet, where we're they all dis while bokoharam was killing our ppl. they would have made lots of Jets na. cos if u can reconfigure u can make new one!! I pity the pilot sha.....
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:32am On Feb 03, 2016
macolino:
where is lie mohammed? he needs to see this
I thought you said the US didn't sell weapons to Jonathan, how come these planes were delivered by them in 2015?
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by Nobody: 6:40am On Feb 03, 2016
DonBobes:

U just hit d nail on d head, he bought dem cheap because dey wer nt having WEAPON PYLONS to carry weapons. Dey wr bought frm civilians in USA. Very cheap. Jona destroyed ds country walai!
Shut up! You people called soldiers are uncultured uncivilized inconsequential set of beings
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by sunnyuche1(m): 6:47am On Feb 03, 2016
erico2k2:

just for the simple reason you lot cannot bring yourselves to say GEJ bought these planes you have to add sugar to the story,reconfigure, why not just say repair? reconfigure is to change the way something works, so for you lots saying it was not fit for purpose whats your point?if your laptop is not working can you reconfigure it?

forget about those e-diots.
they must affixed something in oda to discredit GEJ by all means.

1 Like

Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by MrCork: 7:01am On Feb 03, 2016
Xposer:
The Nigerian Air Force, in its bid for increased self-reliance, has successfully reconfigured 2 demilitarized Alpha Jets in its inventory that were hitherto acquired without weapon delivery capability. The Chief of Air Staff -Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar was seen with NAF technicians at the reconfiguration site.

According to NAF, the 2 aircraft are among the 4 Alpha Jets bought from the United States in 2015 by the immediate past administration to enhance the operational capability of the NAF to combat Boko Haram insurgency in the North East.

However, the aircraft could not be deployed to the theatre of operation before now due to the inherent weapon delivery deficiency hence its limited use for training purposes.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.com/2016/02/nigerian-air-force-locally-reconfigures.html

....who drive thoise kinda planes in 2016??...do they have petrol? YOU PEOPLE MENN!! (no ofeense) undecided
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by butanep(m): 7:07am On Feb 03, 2016
lookandlaff:

can you not read? He bought equipment that were not fit for purpose. It's like collecting money to buy new cars and you buy cars without engines, why is a government buying cars without engines? Did he buy the planes for training/decoration or for fighting boko haram? how can you fight an ongoing war when your planes are not configured to deploy ammunition?

Shout up your mouth. What do you know about space jet? How do you reconfigure a space craft that is not working or without engine?

I read the new when Jonathan acquire the space craft. It is one of the best Nigeria has got in the last few years. Is it not the duty of the military to get personnel abroad that will train them on how to use the space craft? Was it not the military that sent a proposal for such model of space craft?

We shouldn't politicised everything in Nigeria. So unfortunate our military are now errand boys for political propaganda.

Jonathan didn't buy any weapon, so which weapon are they using to fight BH because buhari have not bought any?

If we continue like this, Nigeria will never grow.

1 Like

Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by ocelot2006(m): 7:13am On Feb 03, 2016
lookandlaff:

can you not read? He bought equipment that were not fit for purpose. It's like collecting money to buy new cars and you buy cars without engines, why is a government buying cars without engines? Did he buy the planes for training/decoration or for fighting boko haram? how can you fight an ongoing war when your planes are not configured to deploy ammunition?

Please do explain how ot wasnt fit for service? Was it written that the aircraft is inservicable & a write-off OR that it was simply rearmed?
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 03, 2016
XYZeee:
if you believe everything the op posted then i have a bridge to sell you in wuse abuja cuz i am a card carrying member of apc *not angry

This information is not locally accessible but internationally. This is not propaganda but the truth.
Did Jonathan order for 2 demilitarized alpha jets in 2015? Yes he did.
Did he claim this junk as being part of the weapons for fighting insurgency? Yes he did.
I am a Nigerian and not an APC apologist. I stand on the side of the truth. You would do well to at least give yourself some form of identity and not this trash you keep hopping about shouting "Propaganda" like its a new word you just discovered.
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by mbhs139(m): 7:31am On Feb 03, 2016
huntila:
But Jonathan did not buy anything na .loool naija

YOUNG man, you need to be rightly guided. Perhaps you don't understand what you've been reading in the papers. What had been said all along is that they bought inefficient and ineffective equipment. Even in this report, it said the jet lack fire power capacity.

You see my friend, we are all going to be the worst for it if we continue this way, jumping to the defense of our so called hero without really thinking of the general good.

For the umpteenth time, the report said the jet lacks fire power.

Y
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 03, 2016
dumodust:
The weapons and helicopters in this vicenews video during gej's last push against boko, who bought them? Watch via link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

Nigeria has always had alpha jets, some were decommissioned as someone has previously said on this... no one will buy alpha jets in 2015

I am sure you can read. Attached is a screen grab from Wikipedia. Guess you will also deny seeing where it states that in 2015 Nigeria ordered for 2 alpha jets. If you read the entire thing on Wikipedia you will see where it clearly states that all alpha jets were demilitarized and are now own privately.
Make una read una no go gree. Make una ask questions una no go gree. Make una brain begin work una go say no.

Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by mbhs139(m): 7:36am On Feb 03, 2016
ocelot2006:

Please do explain how ot wasnt fit for service? Was it written that the aircraft is inservicable & a write-off OR that it was simply rearmed?

...and are you saying Nigeria, under GEJ, can not afford a brand new fighter jet, even just one? are you even aware that the alleged un serviceable helicopters bought by the Air Force for 136million, the new ones actually cost 30million?
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by daniska3yaro(m): 7:36am On Feb 03, 2016
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 03, 2016
craziebone:

first of all, it's not "demilitarized", it is "decommissioned". Secondly, Jonathan never bought any Alpha-Jets. He only paid for the JF-17 thunder, some of which will be delivered later in the year.

Another point is, the relationship between Jonathan and US was not very good, and that means, they couldn't have sold him any jet at all, much less the Alpha jet, simply because they do not make it. That jet is actually made in Germany or France or Italy, i cannot remember now.

Lastly, your source is not a very famous and credible news outlet.

For once help yourself by really thinking and understanding certain expressions. If the report says he bought from the united states did it state that he bought from the united states government? Alpha jets are privately owned now so he sourced and ordered for them from a private owner. Do a little research pls.
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by mbhs139(m): 7:40am On Feb 03, 2016
butanep:

Shout up your mouth. What do you know about space jet? How do you reconfigure a space craft that is not working or without engine?

I read the new when Jonathan acquire the space craft. It is one of the best Nigeria has got in the last few years. Is it not the duty of the military to get personnel abroad that will train them on how to use the space craft? Was it not the military that sent a proposal for such model of space craft?

We shouldn't politicised everything in Nigeria. So unfortunate our military are now errand boys for political propaganda.

Jonathan didn't buy any weapon, so which weapon are they using to fight BH because buhari have not bought any?

You have comprehension problem. We aren't talking about "space craft" here but alpha fighter jets. You are out of this world. I wonder who takes you serious.
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by mabea: 7:46am On Feb 03, 2016
daniska3yaro:
This alpha jet has being use by nigeria airforce for years now,A total of 24 Alpha Jets were acquired in the 1980s but several have been lost in crashes.
Apparently 11
have been made flyable again since before 2004 sef. its an old jet.u can see many of dem in airfore base makurdi n airforce base in kanji,gej brought Mi-35M attack helicopters.
Stop telling lies abeg.
when are we going to stop all these arguements about GEJ and Buari and face realities.It's disheartning to see people engage so much energy in discrediting either the past or the present admninistration for no gain of theirs.smh
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 03, 2016
butanep:

I guess you don't know that that Nigeria already had alpha jets before he ordered for 2 more and pls note that an alpha jet is about 40 yrs old and since we already had alpha jets how is it the best buy our government has made in recent years? Are you a buffoon?
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by nenergy(m): 7:58am On Feb 03, 2016
macolino:
where is lie mohammed? he needs to see this
Wait first!

" acquired without weapon delivery
capability"

Question is, who spends billions buying guns that can't shoot? grin
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 03, 2016
mbhs139:

You have comprehension problem. We aren't talking about "space craft" here but alpha fighter jets. You are out of this world. I wonder who takes you serious.

When I saw that word "space craft" I did a double take oo. Make them hold that guy o before he enters the market. .....lmao @ space craft.
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 03, 2016
arresa:

Liar IpOdS..... grin

first of all, i am from the North and do not associate me with that group, IPOD.

Secondly, the NAF chiefs know better than acquiring any new alpha jet. What i know they had was a delivery of refurbished alpha jets that were taken out for repair. Maybe that's what the report is talking about. We have never, in recent years, thought about BUYING new alpha jets. What for?
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by DonBobes(m): 8:02am On Feb 03, 2016
SmartChoices:

Shut up! You people called soldiers are uncultured uncivilized inconsequential set of beings

Ur generations r wat u just called me above!
Better find something spin, jobless riffraff lik. Uncultured buffon!
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by kachiwhyte: 8:17am On Feb 03, 2016
How can any sane person attempt to glorify Jonathan for buying aircrafts without weapons capabilities to be used in prosecuting a war. The level of stupidity in nigeria is really unbelievable.
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by Nobody: 8:17am On Feb 03, 2016
craziebone:

first of all, i am from the North and do not associate me with that group, IPOD.

Secondly, the NAF chiefs know better than acquiring any new alpha jet. What i know they had was a delivery of refurbished alpha jets that were taken out for repair. Maybe that's what the report is talking about. We have never, in recent years, thought about BUYING new alpha jets. What for?

I am sure you can read

1 Like

Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by Rex007: 8:39am On Feb 03, 2016
He didn't buy weapons for the military - APC, the nation complained. Now facts are emerging that he did, o yes he did but they were substandard lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

He got the military jets, its old, its not weaponized. But today it is and from what fund Remember the present administration has not bought a single weapon non funded the military.... God dey.

Is it wise to weaponize a jet for a terrorist bound nation

I think the next dump coming out soon would be the inventory listing and the amount used to buy the weapons.

Please think before you talk/write. Look before you leap. What goes around, comes back around.
Re: AirForce Reconfigures Aircrafts Bought By Jonathan's Administration. Photos by watts75: 8:43am On Feb 03, 2016
And the ineffectual Buffoon was buying the latest Bombardier BD Jet to add to an already Luxurious fleet of private jets.

Dasuki and the useless buffoon GEJ was to procure drones from Israel but he went ahead and bought flying toys from China, pocketing 80% of the lump sum. He was to acquire new state-of-the-art military helicopters from Russia but again he went to Belarus and picked archaic and we’ll used WW2 tanks and helicopters that couldn’t leave the spots where they were packed and at least 2 of the helos crashed, killing our own well-trained helo pilots. SAMBO KNOWS IT THAT HE HAS BLOOD OF THE INNOCENTS AND BLOOD MONEY ON HIS HANDS. Apparently, PMB knows that as well and we all shall get to know everything soon by the Grace of God. He will not go into his grave in God’s Peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Militants And Military Clash In Arepo And Ibafo / Precious Chikwendu And Triplets Celebrate Their Birthday / Photos Of Slain Bandits Off Abuja-Kaduna Road (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.