Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment (63939 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Poses With His Sister At His Court Hearing Today. Photos / Ondo Election: Supreme Court Stops Jegede's Appeal. / Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by babydioku(f): 6:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
Lol
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by franchizy(m): 6:25pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bigchief kindly open up to your supporters if indeed you are in court and you listen and observe the body language of the panel of judges based on the grounds of all submissions and arguments of all parties.

With all the proceedings so far and adoptions i expect you to figure out how the judgement will go.

Ladies & Gentlemen, below are the possible judgement to be delivered in less than one hour time.

ABIA STATE

1, A re-run in affected LGAs
2, Or the Apex court will upkold the verdict of the Appeal Court.

AKWA IBOM
1, Re-run to be declared in either the whole LGAs or some LGAs only.

Please watch out for the judgement in less than one hour.

4 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Udmaster(m): 6:27pm On Feb 03, 2016
tawa89:
I think it might go to Ikpeazu now.... Olujimi couldnt get in his cross appeal together with his appeal because it was allocated a wrong suit number. This was where i was banking on after the supreme court has trashed card reader....it is a mess....it will be a miracle for Wole Olanipekun to lose this now.....quite sad.

3 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by WisdomCanada(m): 6:28pm On Feb 03, 2016
Kzealz:
patiently sipping my palm wine while I wait for final ruling.... wisdomcanada... Bro God will hear our cry OttiNationally
amen
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by santinoj(m): 6:29pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bigchief46 any updates?
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 6:29pm On Feb 03, 2016
Arguments in PDP Appeal concluded & Judgment reserved for later today.
INEC Appeal (SC/22/2016) is now called up. Same appearances as before. Chief Awomolo, SAN Counsel to INEC identifies his Brief. Same procedures as before. Counsels will make oral submissions for few minutes & urge the Court to allow the Appeal or dismiss it as the case may be

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by babydioku(f): 6:30pm On Feb 03, 2016
santinoj:
Bigchief46 any updates?

Bigchief is still in shock. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Udmaster(m): 6:31pm On Feb 03, 2016

4 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Kelechi2020(m): 6:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bigchief46:

The way appellate Courts work is that the parties write down ALL the arguments they wish to canvass in support of their case. This written argument is called a Brief in the Court of Appeal & Supreme Court. Parties are supposed to come and adopt it as their submission in the case. Before the hearing, the Judges would have read it already and know what arguments the parties are making in support of their case. So when you now come for the hearing, it is only to identify your Brief, make amendments if necessary and give further explanations if necessary. If there are new cases which have been delivered or came to the attention of Counsel, they will cite it. Counsel is not allowed to make new submissions orally not already contained in the Brief but only to explain what is there. That is why is any of the parties & their Counsels do not come to Court on the day of hearing, the Court will simply DEEM his Brief as having been adopted

Thanks for the enlightenment.... we are watching, hundreds are viewing....
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by betterABIAstate: 6:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
See suspense

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Ebbunwa(m): 6:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
Udmaster:
PDP/Ikpeazu appeal at the supreme lack SUBSTANCE!
Otti is Winning this case! Mark this comment.

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by franchizy(m): 6:34pm On Feb 03, 2016
Udmaster:
LIES! Apga will win this.
PDP Appeal at the supreme lack substance and they have NOT provided any tangible fact to back their case up.
That Apga cross appeal means nothing.
Diz case is PDP vs Appeal Court.

God bless you brother. they are just commenting here based on what bigchief is updating.
We here in court know that based on the submissions of the PDP their case lacks any substance with no tangible evidence.

No way Alex Otti will lose as the case here now based on the submissions of PDP is between
PDP Vs Appeal court.

Otti is just at the right path as he must go home today with a goodnews.

8 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by betterABIAstate: 6:37pm On Feb 03, 2016
franchizy:

God bless you brother. they are just commenting here based on what bigchief is updating.
We here in court onow that based on the submissions of the PDP their case lacks any substance with no tangible evidence.

No way Alex Otti will lose as the case here now baded on the submissions of PDP is between
PDP Vs Appeal court.

Otti is just at the right path as he must go home today with a goodnews.
I don't take alcohol but if otti wins, I will club for the victory and get drunk, today is ladies night.

God please, otti otti Otti, if you are for otti please click like.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Mega2010(m): 6:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bikonu gini na eme?my babe is dying because of this case,I just hope Otti wins,else It won't be good at all...

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Psoul(m): 6:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bigchief46:
Arguments in PDP Appeal concluded & Judgment reserved for later today.
INEC Appeal (SC/22/2016) is now called up. Same appearances as before. Chief Awomolo, SAN Counsel to INEC identifies his Brief. Same procedures as before. Counsels will make oral submissions for few minutes & urge the Court to allow the Appeal or dismiss it as the case may be

Pls are they on break again? Update us naa
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by hmuhammad(m): 6:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
Mega2010:
Bikonu gini na eme?my babe is dying because of this case,I just hope Otti wins,else It won't be good at all...
she no go allow you wipe if Otti lose.

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by WisdomCanada(m): 6:45pm On Feb 03, 2016
Mega2010:
he will win
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by franchizy(m): 6:45pm On Feb 03, 2016
betterABIAstate:
I don't take alcohol but if otti wins, I will club for the victory and get drunk, today is ladies night.

Otti has no case to answer here. the case is between PDP Vs Appeal court .

The PDP case lacks any substance with no tangible evidence.

Agood analyst or lawyer present here in court knows OTTI will carry the day.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by fizzile(m): 6:45pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bigchief wetin happen? Ur quiet.
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by santinoj(m): 6:46pm On Feb 03, 2016
fizzile:
E reach to ask!!!
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Nwaaba1(m): 6:46pm On Feb 03, 2016
otiiiiiiiii winnnnnnnnnnn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Rudolfchris(m): 6:51pm On Feb 03, 2016
Otti all the way...Justice for Abia

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Naijaaccountwiz: 6:51pm On Feb 03, 2016
With the heavy presence of both police and army patrolling the city of Aba, it's likely the case is going the Way of APGA

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 03, 2016
Please who get SAGEM charger jare.
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Mega2010(m): 6:51pm On Feb 03, 2016
hmuhammad:
she no go allow you wipe if Otti lose.
my brother,she go just squeeze face for a month,not ready for her wahala

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 6:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
fizzile:
INEC Counsel Chief Awomolo requested that one of the SANs in his team Dr. Livy Uzoukwu be allowed to orally adumbrate on the INEC Brief and he is still making his submissions urging the Court to allow the Appeal
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by igwe123: 6:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
Suspence filled
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by kachola: 6:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
omo tension de o
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by jude90(m): 6:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
hmmmm am just here to observe
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 6:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
Chief Akin Olujimi says that Chief Awa Kalu, SAN who is part of his team will respond to the INEC Appeal. He is doing so now
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by spencekat(m): 6:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
betterABIAstate:

I have already bought two crates of Orijin waiting for celebration.As an Abian,I want Otti to be sworn in tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by psucc(m): 6:58pm On Feb 03, 2016
spencekat:
I have already bought two crates of Orijin waiting for celebration.As an Abian,I want Otti to be sworn in tomorrow.
What if it turns the other way, will you dash out? looools.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Newly Acquired Military Equipment Being Transported Through Lagos / Lauretta Onochie To Oyedepo Over Rejection Of CAMA: Build Your Own Country / Shaibu Vacates Office For LASU 5.0 CGPA Graduate as Acting Edo Deputy Gov (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.