Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment (63941 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Poses With His Sister At His Court Hearing Today. Photos / Ondo Election: Supreme Court Stops Jegede's Appeal. / Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Nwaaba1(m): 5:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
I pray the people choice which is Oti wins.

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by bigmom: 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2016
following
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by WisdomCanada(m): 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2016
Ndlistic:

lol...who you dey support
Alex Otti
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 5:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
The members of the Panel are about to come in now
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Kelechi2020(m): 5:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
bigchief46. I need a brief analysis of the possible outcomes of this judgement...
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 5:47pm On Feb 03, 2016
We have resumed. The PDP Appeal (SC/19/2016) is called up. Counsels announce the same appearances as before. Dr. Onyechi Ikpeazu, Lead Counsel for the PDP introduces his Brief and adopts it as his argument in urging the Court to allow the Appeal. He is given few minutes to amplify the Brief orally
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by franchizy(m): 5:48pm On Feb 03, 2016
The panel of judges now reconvenes. There are indications that judgement will be delivered today.

Let the peoples wishes prevail.
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Mopolchi: 5:50pm On Feb 03, 2016
Make dem drop am as e dey hot.
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 5:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
Kelechi2020:
bigchief46. I need a brief analysis of the possible outcomes of this judgement...
If I tell you now, some miscreants will accuse me of being biased or partisan so I will not. But I will give you two pointers: just analyse all the decisions already given by the Court in these Governorship cases; what does it tell you? Also, the Court already stated when they came in that they have already read all the Briefs filed by the Parties to this dispute yesterday and also spent 2 hours this morning having a conference on it which is why they were late coming out today. They have therefore asked Counsels not to waste time in elaborate oral arguments and are giving only 3-5 minutes for adumbrating. What this tells you is that they have already made up their mind & what we are doing now is mere formalities. That is why they want to give all the Judgments today because they already know where they are going. I suspect where they will go because the Supreme Court is noted for being consistent but let us just hold on for a while

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by fizzile(m): 5:59pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bigchief, do you think they will order a re-run in those LGAs in Abia? Is it possible? Or u see a win lose situation here.
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by chordben(m): 6:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
Tension is too hot.
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Ewizard(m): 6:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
okezie balls go dey him bele ryt naw..
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Donfaray(m): 6:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bigchief46:

If I tell you now, some miscreants will accuse me of being biased or partisan so I will not. But I will give you two pointers: just analyse all the decisions already given by the Court in these Governorship cases; what does it tell you? Also, the Court already stated when they came in that they have already read all the Briefs filed by the Parties to this dispute yesterday and also spent 2 hours this morning having a conference on it which is why they were late coming out today. They have therefore asked Counsels not to waste time in elaborate oral arguments and are giving only 3-5 minutes for adumbrating. What this tells you is that they have already made up their mind & what we are doing now is mere formalities. That is why they want to give all the Judgments today because they already know where they are going. I suspect where they will go because the Supreme Court is noted for being consistent but let us just hold on for a while

Bro pls leave those miscreants and tell me, where do u think the judgement is heading? Pls I wana know... thanks
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by bigmom: 6:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bigchief46:

ok
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 6:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
Chief Akin Olujinmi, SAN informs the Court that Chief Chris Uche, SAN who is in his team will respond to this Appeal. Chris Uche identifies their Brief, adopts it and relies on it in urging the Court to dismiss the Appeal as lacking in merit in its entirety. He proceeds to adumbrate orally

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Kelechi2020(m): 6:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bigchief46:

If I tell you now, some miscreants will accuse me of being biased or partisan so I will not. But I will give you two pointers: just analyse all the decisions already given by the Court in these Governorship cases; what does it tell you? Also, the Court already stated when they came in that they have already read all the Briefs filed by the Parties to this dispute yesterday and also spent 2 hours this morning having a conference on it which is why they were late coming out today. They have therefore asked Counsels not to waste time in elaborate oral arguments and are giving only 3-5 minutes for adumbrating. What this tells you is that they have already made up their kind & what we are doing now is mere formalities. That is why they want to give all the Judgments today because they already know where they are going. I suspect where they will go because the Supreme Court is noted for being consistent but let us just hold on for a while

you are being tactical with the analysis, the miscreants will always bark....

You mean the judges have already taken there decision?

what then is the essence of coming to the supreme court....
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Ezejudge: 6:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
What is the status at present, have the judges resume hearing?
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Nwaaba1(m): 6:03pm On Feb 03, 2016
the truth is that okezie is a gone.
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by igwe123: 6:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
its taking too long
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by tawa89(f): 6:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
The Judges have read the briefs already before today they held a conference this morning to take a position... thats why they are just allocating 5mins to the counsels to adopt their briefs
Kelechi2020:

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by cjfbn: 6:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
Rumor has it that Ogbor Hill is on fire already.
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Kelechi2020(m): 6:08pm On Feb 03, 2016
heavy military presence in aba now...
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by WisdomCanada(m): 6:09pm On Feb 03, 2016
cjfbn:
why?
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Kelechi2020(m): 6:10pm On Feb 03, 2016
cjfbn:

ogborhill is a volatile zone though....
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by thrix(m): 6:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
following bumper to bumper and praying for the ultimate will of God to be done...
#AGIP --- any government in power
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by tawa89(f): 6:12pm On Feb 03, 2016
I think it might go to Ikpeazu now.... Olujimi couldnt get in his cross appeal together with his appeal because it was allocated a wrong suit number. This was where i was banking on after the supreme court has trashed card reader....it is a mess....it will be a miracle for Wole Olanipekun to lose this now.....quite sad.
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 6:16pm On Feb 03, 2016
Kelechi2020:

The way appellate Courts work is that the parties write down ALL the arguments they wish to canvass in support of their case. This written argument is called a Brief in the Court of Appeal & Supreme Court. Parties are supposed to come and adopt it as their submission in the case. Before the hearing, the Judges would have read it already and know what arguments the parties are making in support of their case. So when you now come for the hearing, it is only to identify your Brief, make amendments if necessary and give further explanations if necessary. If there are new cases which have been delivered or came to the attention of Counsel, they will cite it. Counsel is not allowed to make new submissions orally not already contained in the Brief but only to explain what is there. That is why is any of the parties & their Counsels do not come to Court on the day of hearing, the Court will simply DEEM his Brief as having been adopted

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by gsport: 6:17pm On Feb 03, 2016
Nwaaba1:
the truth is that okezie is a gone.
@ nwaab 1 if the clear case of over voting is established by the appeal court which pdp has no explanation for,pdp is a history in Abia state. both card leader and manual accreditation is more than the number in Inec database
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by kalufelix(m): 6:17pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bigchief46:

You call me a "TOUT"? But why should I be surprised? It's very typical of your ilk and everything you stand for. Obviously your party man telling lies is not a tout but I am for challenging him. Please create your own thread where your party people can wallow in your mud; I created this thread for people of substance. You may be on my thread but my dear, we don't belong in the same circles. Besides hiding cowardly behind your phone to type insults, you are nothing to me

mr man go sleep jor ...ah no quote you ah no mention your moniker

who get time??

Didnt even read all those things you type 4 up there #sorry
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by zuma4k(m): 6:17pm On Feb 03, 2016
tawa89:
I think it might go to Ikpeazu now.... Olujimi couldnt get in his cross appeal together with his appeal because it was allocated a wrong suit number. This was where i was banking on after the supreme court has trashed card reader....it is a mess....it will be a miracle for Wole Olanipekun to lose this now.....quite sad.
Praise the Lord!
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Kzealz(m): 6:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
patiently sipping my palm wine while I wait for final ruling.... wisdomcanada... Bro God will hear our cry OttiNationally

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Newly Acquired Military Equipment Being Transported Through Lagos / Shaibu Vacates Office For LASU 5.0 CGPA Graduate as Acting Edo Deputy Gov (Pics) / Photos Of Ike Ekweremadu's House Blocked By Armed Police In Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.