Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,168 members, 7,845,839 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

How To Break Up With Your Partner With Style And Sensitivity - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Break Up With Your Partner With Style And Sensitivity (1076 Views)

10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust / My Boyfriend Is Having Issues With His Sexual Sensitivity. / What Name Did You Save Your Partner's Contact With? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Break Up With Your Partner With Style And Sensitivity by Cutehector(m): 3:39pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hyyy cuties cheesy well it's frisky Wednesday and today we gona be discussing abt Breakups shocked oh yea, sounds surprising right? Well enough of all the mushy mushy lovey dovey topics on love, sometimes lts important we face reality ya knw.. i"v been coming accross a lot of topics asking hw to break up with him o her without hurting their feelings and am like wft? Will they jump and be happy at the "awkward news" like seriously? Well i"m a bit of a Heartbreaker shocked oh yes! And i"v broken a lot of hearts. wink and guess what? They didn't die cheesy. Lol I could be such a coward lol yeah.

So this topic will be lenghty so I advice you read at a convenient time. I tried to gather from the Internet good ways you could break up with someone with style and Sensitivity, check it out. wink

How to Break Up with Someone Using Style and Sensitivity

We all know breaking up is hard to do. But unless you're in one of the few teen romances turned happily-ever-after, breaking up is an unavoidable part of life. And while it's up to you to decide what your individual break up style is, if you want to avoid future bad relationship karma, you'll adopt a few breakup basics.

Part One of Four:
Picking the Right Time & Place

Choose the right time. Avoid holidays and special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries at all costs. Do you really want your ex remembering your insensitivity every time that day rolls around? No you don't.
Statistics show that most students break up during summer break. For everyone else, Monday seems to be the most popular day of the week for breaking up.

Pick an appropriate place.

The less public, the better. Don't do it in a place where the person on the receiving end isn't going to feel especially vulnerable. Avoid these break up locations at all costs:
The office.
At a wedding.
In a car.
At school.
In a restaurant or nightclub.

Part Two of Four:

Doing the Right Thing

Do it in Person

If the relationship is relatively new, maybe you can get away with breaking up over the phone. Maybe. But come on, if you've been out on more than a handful of dates, isn't that kind of harsh? Do the right thing and end the relationship in person.
Having one final talk together is a good way to bring closure to the relationship.
As painful as it may be, a relationship-ending conversation might enable you to learn something about yourself and set the stage for something better in the future.
Dont Lie

You may try to be sparing their feelings, but it will blow up in your face when you're caught. You will be considered untrustworthy, and your reputation will falter. Your friends might back you up, but that doesn't mean the rest of the world will.

Part Three of Four:
Avoiding Insensitivity

Be honest but Sensitive

No one likes to get dumped. But we at least appreciate the truth when it's over. Unless, of course, the truth is you've stopped finding him/her attractive, you've met someone better, or that you're just plain bored with the relationship.
There's no point being negative. Try to exit with as much decorum as possible. Even if there's bad blood, always take the high road. You'll be glad you did.

Part Four of Four:
Keeping Things Civil

Keep your emotions in check.
Don't seem too happy about the break up: you'll come off as mean-spirited. Just be kind, caring, and considerate.

Dont react.

Some people don't handle rejection well. Some people yell, scream, or cry. But it doesn't mean you should react to their meltdown. Remember, rejection is tough. You've already got the status of being the dumper. If their tantrum escalates, get out of there! Don't wait around for the messy aftermath. Only try to ignore when the conversation is yelling and screaming, try to be and remain civil in all other situations. Be honest and sensitive and try to listen to their emotions and act upon them.

Lalasticlala.
Re: How To Break Up With Your Partner With Style And Sensitivity by PHEMIEY(m): 3:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
on top say val don reach
Re: How To Break Up With Your Partner With Style And Sensitivity by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
This only works for people who give a flying fucck. Being mean is cool...if you know how to make it look so.
Re: How To Break Up With Your Partner With Style And Sensitivity by Nobody: 3:54pm On Feb 03, 2016
Ok
Re: How To Break Up With Your Partner With Style And Sensitivity by CaroLyner(f): 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
. just stop picking their calls.they'll get the scope.

1 Like

Re: How To Break Up With Your Partner With Style And Sensitivity by vault(m): 4:39pm On Feb 03, 2016
I actually do all this.... but it still turns out dirty sad
Re: How To Break Up With Your Partner With Style And Sensitivity by vault(m): 4:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
CaroLyner:
. just stop picking their calls.they'll get the scope.
that's harsh.... heartlessness at its peak

you should care about human feelings cos you human too you know undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Break Up With Your Partner With Style And Sensitivity by Rukkydelta(f): 5:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
Cos valentine is near, they now create a thread on how to break up with your partner
.............................................This guys aren't loyal

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Neighbors Attitude Has Changed / A Word To This? [photo] / Neighbors Have A Problem With Me, What Should I Do About It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.