Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,297 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust (31537 Views)

10 Questions To Ask Before You Get Married, Number Five Is Very Important. / Couple Swear Blood Covenant In Order To Remain Loyal. Photos/Video / Top 10 Questions To Keep A Conversion Going Wit A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by latestupdate: 6:48am On Aug 02, 2018
Board-certified psychiatrist Dr. Susan Edelman says that the key to building a healthy and long-standing relationship is communicating through asking questions. The questions themselves will bring up the character of one person and indicate how open they are willing to get and if they take criticism well. These questions will either build trust or shed light on deeper issues that were always lurking.

Bright Side gathered a list of 10 questions that, according to Dr. Susan Edelman, will help you and your partner open up to each other and learn more about the types of individuals you are.

1. How close are you with your family?
Dr. Edelman says that “asking someone about their family and whether they’re close can build trust and emotional intimacy.” Every family has some kind of dysfunctionality and opening up about it lets you know why your partner is the way they are and acts the way they do.

2. What do you find hard to talk about with me?
Many couples find it hard to talk about certain matters with each other. It is easier to find out what these matters are and why they are reluctant to talk them out with you. Their answer might be a bit judgmental for you, but you have to be accepting if you want to build total trust between the 2 of you.

3. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Revealing the one accomplishment that your partner is most proud of shows their ultimate goal in life. It is a way of asking what their main goal is — a question that they may not be able to be completely honest about since it may lead to other information.

4. What’s your take on our relationship?
Nobody likes being asked directly whether they love their partner and how much. The above question is a more casual approach of getting the answers you are looking for. You get to see how your partner feels about you and how they think your relationship is going without having to say any big words that they may not be ready to say just yet.

5. What memory of yours is the worst?
This question will bring intimacy the same way the question about your partner’s family will. People find it easy to talk about happy moments, but they refrain from thinking and talking about their sad moments. Opening up about them means opening a window to their heart and their past.

6. What was the last thing you cried about?
Crying is a very deep emotion that gets brought up by very unpleasant situations or feelings. It is a continuance of the previous question. Being able to talk about something painful means that you trust the person you are opening up to with your pain.

7. What is this one thing you would change about yourself?
Depending on the answer you will get to this question, you will see whether your partner recognizes the negative parts of themselves and whether they want to change them. If so, it means that they want you to know their disadvantages and help them change them.

8. What would you do if you had only 6 weeks to live?
This is a very deep hypothetical question that invites your partner to think about the things that matter the most to them. It will make them do some soul searching so that they’ll be able to share with you their ultimate goals and desires that were always there.

9. What constitutes a perfect day for you?
Every person has different sources of joy and with this question, you will know exactly what these sources are. It is important to know the wants and needs of your partner and for them to reveal them to you requires them to open a small part of their heart to you.

10. What are the 5 things that you are most thankful for right now?
Being thankful for your life means that you appreciate the people and things around you and that you realize the importance of not taking what you have for granted. Hearing what your partner is thankful for shows you what they value the most in life and what they would like to keep on having in their lives.

Bonus

Another very important question is whether your partner trusts you with their secrets. J. Hope Suis, who is a relationship expert, says that it is important to know whether your partner feels comfortable revealing to you even the deepest and most embarrassing secrets. If not, then you probably have serious problems to solve. If, on the other hand, the answer is ’yes’, then this means that you’re heading in the right direction and that you will need to be as open as your partner.

Read The 7 things to reveal someone is in Love with you
https://ukaid.org/2018/08/02/7-things-that-reveal-someone-is-in-love-with-you/

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by Miracle4Sure: 7:22am On Aug 02, 2018
grin
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by milemimi93(m): 7:26am On Aug 02, 2018
Never ask a lady questions.
Just read them.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by oluwasegun007(m): 9:36am On Aug 02, 2018
What is your account balance? grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by Jh0wsef(m): 9:36am On Aug 02, 2018
Me I can't ask babe all these ones just to "Build trust"

When I am not a Questionnaire grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by Doilooklikeicare(m): 9:39am On Aug 02, 2018
All these questions do not guarantee trust building

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by SEONaijaExpert: 9:39am On Aug 02, 2018
I can see some girls asking their boyfriends these questions tonight grin

21 Likes

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by Buffalowings3(m): 9:39am On Aug 02, 2018
cry cry cry
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:41am On Aug 02, 2018
How much do you want ?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by chiboy1116: 9:41am On Aug 02, 2018
Nice one op ....but this is Nigeria .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by Sippy: 9:42am On Aug 02, 2018
hi
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by Jagz16(m): 9:43am On Aug 02, 2018
[b][/b]im searching for a wife if you’re single you should hit me up

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by VictorOBVkings(m): 9:43am On Aug 02, 2018
Nice one bro thank you
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 02, 2018
angry
All these does not guarantee that the hoe wont go hoeing when it calls

2 Likes

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by bigocean(m): 9:44am On Aug 02, 2018
milemimi93:

Just read them.
yes, they always have an awaiting lie to every question you ask.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by Brownville007: 9:44am On Aug 02, 2018
Sounds like an interview . Discussion should bring all these up naturally

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by NwaliE01: 9:46am On Aug 02, 2018
grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by Olusharp(m): 9:46am On Aug 02, 2018
Lol... And after you ask all these questions and she still be like - do you want to write a book...??
Just these 7 questions abi... Carry-on op

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by Brooke60(f): 9:46am On Aug 02, 2018
Let me chip this in, also remember to do this interview in an official setting so that your 'employee' will know it's an interview section undecided undecided

Check my signature. I do it better than the guy up there smiley cheesy tongue

2 Likes

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by Zadiq(m): 9:47am On Aug 02, 2018
milemimi93:

Just read them.
oshe !! Almighty reader. Hope you know communication plays a vital role in relationships

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by Celepope: 9:48am On Aug 02, 2018
How come our forefathers never asked all these questions and they had a blissful and successful marital life even with some of them having multiple spouse.I think the problem lies in what the modern generation base their union on.Some of these ladies just feel the need to get married just to escape poverty while some get married just to take away shame from them while most men nowadays get married just to have kids and this reason has seen the recent rise in baby mama syndrome in our society.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by geeluck1(m): 9:48am On Aug 02, 2018
This is when you are jobless!
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 02, 2018
Na PhD thesis
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by Rahyberg(m): 9:52am On Aug 02, 2018
Jh0wsef:
Me I can't ask babe all these ones just to "Build trust"

When I am not a Questionnaire grin
Neither Frank Edoho from "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by milemimi93(m): 9:53am On Aug 02, 2018
Zadiq:
oshe !! Almighty reader. Hope you know communication plays a vital role in relationships

The thread talks asking questions.

Women are liars by default. So why ask a lady a question when you sure know she's goin to lie?

Just sit back and read them and you'll get answers to your unasked questions.
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by romenna: 9:56am On Aug 02, 2018
very good
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by bigt2(m): 9:59am On Aug 02, 2018
grin grin grin grin
That's how to turn a relationship to an interview! Are we going to ask the questions one after the other with the girl seated before us or in bed? wink
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by zyzxx(m): 10:01am On Aug 02, 2018
it is well with my soul
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by 8stargeneral: 10:01am On Aug 02, 2018
Wht would u do if u had only six weeks to live...whn u ask me dis kin question I go run for my life,i go knw say u no want my existence anymore grin grin grin
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by adetes: 10:05am On Aug 02, 2018
They will not answer all the question if they do there will b no direct answer
Re: 10 Questions To Ask Your Partner In Order To Build Trust by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 02, 2018
What legacy are you leaving behind?

And if If you ever got an idea from me would you compensate ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reasons Why An Average Lady Is Most Likely To Lie About Being A Virgin / 13 Signs Your Friend Is In Love With You / Ugandan Lady Proposes To Her Older White Lover (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.