Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,213 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:22 PM

Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko (30399 Views)

DSS Interrogates Temitope Aluko Over Ekitigate / Buhari Orders Arrest Of Dasuki, Others Over Arms Procurement Fraud / IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen And Witnesses For Testifying In Favour Of Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by Habakus: 7:04pm On Feb 03, 2016
StOla:
Fayose has finally played into the trap set for him.

If I remember correctly, Salisu Buhari (of the Buhari Toronto fame) resigned as speaker and faced perjury and forgery charges in 1999. When judgement was given, he was sentenced to a couple of months each per charge or N2000 each in lieu which he opted for.

Aluko will definitely be found guilty and sentenced with an option of very cheap fine as our outrageous laws allow. In finding him guilty, Fayose and his co planners and financial facilitators would have condemned themselves to criminal prosecution with the same evidences that serve to condemn Aluko for his recant as perjury.

Aluko is a suicide bomber. He has no intention of surviving his own attack. He will be destroyed, but many must go with him.
Bro,i don't think that's how perjury cases are tried. In perjury trials,the duty of the court is to determine if the accused willfully lied to the court during the course of lending his witness; not to reopen the case. If it is established that Aluko (to the best of his knowledge) was aware of any election malpractice and he went ahead and gave false evidence in court,then he will be punished accordingly. Fayose is completely in the clear. Infact,Fayose has almost nothing to defend or present to the court. The case is between the Nigerian state/court vs Aluko.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by judondasylva(m): 7:06pm On Feb 03, 2016
yes that's the right thing to do
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by StOla: 7:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
Habakus:
Bro,i don't think that's how perjury cases are tried. In perjury trials,the duty of the court is to determine if the accused willfully lied to the court during the course of lending his witness; not to reopen the case. If it is established that Aluko (to the best of his knowledge) was aware of any election malpractice and he went ahead and gave false evidence in court,then he will be punished accordingly. Fayose is completely in the clear. Infact,Fayose has almost nothing to defend or present to the court. The case is between the Nigerian state/court vs Aluko.

The lie/perjury would be proved with evidence contrary to what was tendered during the tribunal and court trials.

Once these evidences are proven to be factual, Aluko will be condemned with it for perjury, while Fayose will begin to warm up to have same facts condemn him too for the actual electoral crime in a different case of electoral fraud.

Aluko will supply the required evidences for both convictions.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by Bigcake: 7:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
steppin:

You're wrong. He's protected by immunity, but he can be impeached.
Na your papa want impeach am?
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by 2rutalk1: 7:16pm On Feb 03, 2016
doctokwus:

The foolish,mentally challenged gov doesn't know he is playing into a well planned game by Aluko.
Aluko was expecting to even be arrested and charged for perjury and hoping for a conviction which will then annul his court testimonies and pave the way for Fayose to be arrested by the same court process,when his immunity expires,in just about 2yrs time.
It's only a foolish man like Fayose that wud rush into arranging something like this without knowing what the end game is.
If this perjury thing succeeds,as I know Aluko is prepared for, then Fayose has been trapped where his adversaries want.
My dear that is not how it works in law. The said Aluko testified before the Judges at the apex court that the process that led to the election and the election itself were free, fair and credible - that was an oath he swore. In another statement, this same Aluko told the whole world that the election was marred by irregularities.
Fayose on the other hand has never made any statement contrary to the one he made at the apex court. The issue of perjury is not about whether the election was rigged or not, it is about making a contrary statement to the one made before a court of competent jurisdiction. In the eye of the law, it is punishable.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by 2rutalk1: 7:22pm On Feb 03, 2016
StOla:

The lie/perjury would be proved with evidence contrary to what was tendered during the tribunal and court trials.

Once these evidences are proven to be factual, Aluko will be condemned with it for perjury, while Fayose will begin to warm up to have same facts condemn him too for the actual electoral crime in a different case of electoral fraud.

Thank you. It is only if the said Aluko can supply a convincing evidence that the election was marred by irregularities. However, the said evidence can only be entertained, if it is found to be a criminal case, else the matter will be null and void and of no effect because the Supreme Court, which is the final arbiter on election matters has ruled on the election and no other court can entertain such a case.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by Intendy: 7:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
ozoigbondu:
Section 308 of the constitution provides for executive immunity but that tuko guy should get ready to answer some questions in jail
he's finishing his term in 2018.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by 2n2k(m): 7:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
If the court ever found Aluko guilty of perjury, that means the court agrees it was misled to give wrong judgement in favour of Fayose. Note that his admission of collecting money from wherever is not perjury because evidence was never given by him to the contrary at the tribunal in the first place.

If per chance, he was roped with perjury and sentenced, Fayose rivals can also approach Supreme Court to revisit its judgement in the light of new information that shows it was misled in giving wrong judgement initially.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by Habakus: 7:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
StOla:

How will the court determine if perjury was committed? Simply by bringing evidence of the interview Aluko made on Channels Tv and by determining via Questioning/cross-examination,if Aluko was aware of any election malpractice during the period of the election and when he gave evidences during the Tribunal inquiries. They won't ask him to provide evidence of election malpractice; that is not the aim/responsibility of the court on perjury charges.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by toludadon(m): 7:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
ozoigbondu:
The law of the land protects an elected official from all criminal and civil prosecution

do you know Fayose's election can be annulled by citing new development at the Supreme Court? whenever there are new evidences, courts review their judgments, and I'm sure this is exactly what the opposition in Ekiti are waiting for.. Aluko will be found guilty which in turn will make other people to approach the courts that since Fayose's star witness has confirmed that he lied under oath that the election was free and fair which formed the premise of earlier judgment, then it'll be in the interest of justice to review the judgment and I can assure you that Fayose will be gone in a jiffy
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by ozoigbondu: 7:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
toludadon:

do you know Fayose's election can be annulled by citing new development at the Supreme Court? whenever there are new evidences, courts review their judgments, and I'm sure this is exactly what the opposition in Ekiti are waiting for.. Aluko will be found guilty which in turn will make other people to approach the courts that since Fayose's star witness has confirmed that he lied under oath that the election was free and fair which formed the premise of earlier judgment, then it'll be in the interest of justice to review the judgment and I can assure you that Fayose will be gone in a jiffy
You seem to have forgotten that the so called ekitigate tape was presented as evidence by APC at the Supreme Court but was overlooked
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by toludadon(m): 7:37pm On Feb 03, 2016
2rutalk1:
Thank you. It is only if the said Aluko can supply a convincing evidence that the election was marred by irregularities. However, the said evidence can only be entertained, if it is found to be a criminal case, else the matter will be null and void and of no effect because the Supreme Court, which is the final arbiter on election matters has ruled on the election and no other court can entertain such a case.

same Supreme Court will be approached that the basis for the earlier judgement was misleading.. a perfect example is that if someone accused of murder has been acquitted up to the Supreme Court and other incontrovertible evidences came up later that he is guilty of the murder, the earlier judgment will be reviewed
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by flokii: 7:40pm On Feb 03, 2016
Spybradd:

"we shall see" thats the language of cowards and losers and dreamers who day dream when other are on the proactive and dynamic move..
Try hard again,loser
cool

loser?

where were you when fayose slapped a sitting judge... i know where you're from already

you see him as d last-hero standing to tackle PMB

I cnt blame you tho... na INEFFECTUAL Judicial system wey we get
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by toludadon(m): 7:41pm On Feb 03, 2016
ozoigbondu:
You seem to have forgotten that the so called ekitigate tape was presented as evidence by APC at the Supreme Court but was overlooked

Supreme Court did not admit the tape as an exhibit because it ruled that new documents could not be tendered but I can assure you that now that they have discovered that a principal party in the tape has attested to its authenticity, justice will be served.. have you noticed that Fayose has been nervous unnecessarily since the military panel sat? the findings of the panel and this Aluko guy's confession will be used in court
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by masseratti: 7:44pm On Feb 03, 2016
doctokwus:

The foolish,mentally challenged gov doesn't know he is playing into a well planned game by Aluko.
Aluko was expecting to even be arrested and charged for perjury and hoping for a conviction which will then annul his court testimonies and pave the way for Fayose to be arrested by the same court process,when his immunity expires,in just about 2yrs time.
It's only a foolish man like Fayose that wud rush into arranging something like this without knowing what the end game is.
If this perjury thing succeeds,as I know Aluko is prepared for, then Fayose has been trapped where his adversaries want.
the guy is not smart at all,even with his press release he has a long way to go
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by Spybradd: 7:49pm On Feb 03, 2016
flokii:

loser?

where were you when fayose slapped a sitting judge... i know where you're from already

you see him as d last-hero standing to tackle PMB

I cnt blame you tho... na INEFFECTUAL Judicial system wey we get
and the ineffectual judiciary is gonna put the apc and their zombies arsse in check and ensure justice is done and served regardless of whose ox is gored.
Btw,am a benin boy,i aint an ipob youth giving u guys nightmares,so chillax.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by molas02: 7:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
MayorofLagos:
Why is court issuing an order of arrest? This is not their job.
U ar not edu.........ted
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by doctokwus: 8:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
2rutalk1:
My dear that is not how it works in law. The said Aluko testified before the Judges at the apex court that the process that led to the election and the election itself were free, fair and credible - that was an oath he swore. In another statement, this same Aluko told the whole world that the election was marred by irregularities.
Fayose on the other hand has never made any statement contrary to the one he made at the apex court. The issue of perjury is not about whether the election was rigged or not, it is about making a contrary statement to the one made before a court of competent jurisdiction. In the eye of the law, it is punishable.
Did I ever argue that perjury is not punishable.
Mr man go back and read what u quoted well.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by Lifestone(m): 8:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
Seems Fayose will score an own goal here. Once the judge proves that indeed Dr Aluko lied it means the election is rigged. With new evidence, APC can approach the court for retrial and Fayose becomes a goner.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by FearGod001(m): 8:49pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hmmmmm! The whole show will shock you all,just keep calm and watch....... God will liberate us!
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by Hemanwel(m): 8:55pm On Feb 03, 2016
MayorofLagos:
But it was their job to order the arrest of Tompolo,right?God is surely going to deal with you people and your hypocrisy!
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by spafu(m): 8:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
MayorofLagos:
Sorry, it's your job to order the police.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by FearGod001(m): 9:15pm On Feb 03, 2016
toludadon:

Supreme Court did not admit the tape as an exhibit because it ruled that new documents could not be tendered but I can assure you that now that they have discovered that a principal party in the tape has attested to its authenticity, justice will be served.. have you noticed that Fayose has been nervous unnecessarily since the military panel sat? the findings of the panel and this Aluko guy's confession will be used in court

Aluko must have considered the so called perjury ...... He knows what he is doing .... I agree wt u
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by Xtopherprince(m): 9:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
toludadon:

same Supreme Court will be approached that the basis for the earlier judgement was misleading.. a perfect example is that if someone accused of murder has been acquitted up to the Supreme Court and other incontrovertible evidences came up later that he is guilty of the murder, the earlier judgment will be reviewed

Citation needed Sir, and not mere insinuations.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by lohresloco: 10:15pm On Feb 03, 2016
who do u think instigated the arrest,"[/b]Chief Magistrate Adesoji Adegboye gave this order today, upon a Motion Ex-parte number MAD/10cm/2016, filed by the Ekiti State Government against Mr Aluko[b]"
Kastonkastroll:
Fayose should be invited too, the thug needs to clear his thuggish reputation from the ekitigate brouhaha.

Btw I seriously believe that this is the handiwork of fayose. He want the police to arrest aluko because the man exposed his dirty secrets. lolx fayose have suddenly forgot that the NPF is controlled by the executives(buhari). I laugh grin
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by lohresloco: 10:18pm On Feb 03, 2016
oh just shut up, when kids come here and blab , irritating dullards like their leader.
Kastonkastroll:
hoax man. There are certain offenses you will commit as a governor and believe me, you will be strip of that immunity that is protecting you and be prosecuted. You can't go on a killing spree just because you are a seating governor and expect the law to fold its hands and do nothing. Let me tell you, if buhari wants to deal with fayose today, no silly immunity can protect him.
Dude we are talking about ultimate power here, the power of can do and will do.
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by london4luv: 11:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
MayorofLagos:
shut that thing u call mouth,, mumu do u knw anything abt politics
Re: Court Orders Arrest Of Temitope Aluko by poseidon12: 11:06pm On Feb 03, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
Fayose should be invited too, the thug needs to clear his thuggish reputation from the ekitigate brouhaha.

Btw I seriously believe that this is the handiwork of fayose. He want the police to arrest aluko because the man exposed his dirty secrets. lolx fayose have suddenly forgot that the NPF is controlled by the executives(buhari). I laugh grin

Don't you think the man perjured himself?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 15th June 2023 Live Court Updates / I’m Eager To Return To Battle – Injured Obasanjo / Photos Of Children In IDP Camp Dalori Close To Konduga Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.