Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,814 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns (19840 Views)

Accidental Discharge In Aso Rock Injures A Female Staff / Buhari Orders IGP To Re-open Bola Ige, Dokubo’s Cases /  No More Accidental Discharge ! Police To Replace Fire Arms With Stun Guns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by lonelydora: 8:07am On Feb 04, 2016
brunofarad:
Now this is it

IG might have meant well with this idea.

But

OC ROGER who stands on the highway won't mind stunning every motorist that refuses to drop ROGER grin

Just watch and see. grin

You have made my morning with this comment. LMAO

1 Like

Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Candyrain(m): 8:08am On Feb 04, 2016
blueheart:
This is not a welcome development if there is no proper training. Otherwise this set of police go dey stun people anyhow since they know its not as deadly as live bullets.

Yea you got a point but that's why there's going to be a monitoring team to watch their activities and punish any erring officer accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Candyrain(m): 8:09am On Feb 04, 2016
MansaMoussa:
That stun gun they pain oh...let them go back to Baton and Cuffs joor

But it's better than live bullet na
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Candyrain(m): 8:11am On Feb 04, 2016
brunofarad:
Now this is it

IG might have meant well with this idea.

But

OC ROGER who stands on the highway won't mind stunning every motorist that refuses to drop ROGER grin

Just watch and see. grin

Hahahahaha... But he should be ready to get his ass kicked by the monitoring team when caught.
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 04, 2016
Nobally:
Dem wan electrocute people to their death .
It may end up been accidental electricution

Use Google first before commenting ignorantly

1 Like

Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Candyrain(m): 8:13am On Feb 04, 2016
mebad:
With which electricity them wan take charge the gun ?

Shey PHCN no dey ni? If PHCN no dey tiger battery go dey grin
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Nickymezor(f): 8:14am On Feb 04, 2016
In different
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by sdindan: 8:15am On Feb 04, 2016
Candyrain:

And you think they should continue with the use of live bullets and the killing of people, huh?

May you never be a victim of these accidental discharges.

Guy am not in support of their careless act.
but now , they will stone people anyhow
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Olukat(m): 8:19am On Feb 04, 2016
Proper training is needed, the Nigerian police are lawless.
Hoping they don't see it as toy and start electrocuting anybody within sight.
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by ericmor: 8:21am On Feb 04, 2016
lonelydora:

If any take bribe from you, report him to CRU.

How do u reach the CRP? Have u ever got a response from them?
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by ogaprime(m): 8:22am On Feb 04, 2016
blackberlin:
Long overdue. . .and I hope they also replace the AK47 guns with pistols as well... So that in case there's a situation that warrants shooting, it would be termed intentional. A policeman in the US cannot reach for his pistol from his belt and point it towards a citizen and then claim the shooting was accidental. But with AK 47 that has to be carried in the hands, accidental discharge is always their excuse for murder.

Thank you for your comment...I have been saying that the AK47 should be replaced with pistols and AK47 should be seen only for backup. I wonder our the AK47 won't rust when they sweat, use their hands to clean the sweat then place sweaty hands on the gun. Why won't our guns get rusty?

1 Like

Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 04, 2016
MansaMoussa:
That stun gun they pain oh...let them go back to Baton and Cuffs joor

Abeg no fex.

How you know? Dem don use am for your body before? Abi you don....................you know now?
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Candyrain(m): 8:25am On Feb 04, 2016
sdindan:

Guy am not in support of their careless act.
but now , they will stone people anyhow

Yea you're very right about that but Nigerians will have to hope that the monitoring team that will be put in place will checkmate their activities.
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by sdindan: 8:27am On Feb 04, 2016
Candyrain:

Yea you're very right about that but Nigerians will have to hope that the monitoring team that will be put in place will checkmate their activities.
let's hope so.
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by sam90s(m): 8:27am On Feb 04, 2016
Nobally:
Dem wan electrocute people to their death .
It may end up been accidental electricution

To paraphrase grin your comment - 'dem wan injure/kill people to their death'
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 04, 2016
ogaprime:

Thank you for your comment...I have been saying that the AK47 should be replaced with pistols and AK47 should be seen only for backup. I wonder our the AK47 won't rust when they sweat, use their hands to clean the sweat then place sweaty hands on the gun. Why won't our guns get rusty?

E better them rust finish than say them dey shine come dey come shoot when them no send am (discharge accidentally though intentionally).
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by hush15: 8:31am On Feb 04, 2016
slinkky:
It will be a welcome development, and hope it reduces the number of unwarranted deaths of innocent citizens at the hands of trigger happy policemen.

Most welcomed I must say. Atleast, victims will still be alive to recount their ordeal and fight for their rights if been wrongly treated.

He or she that is dead can't say anything to defend theirselves against injustice
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by nairaman66(m): 8:32am On Feb 04, 2016
He said persons, who resist arrest and behave violently can be shot at without grievious bodily harm.

If this is coming from the IGP, then Nigerians needs to be wary of the police force!!
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by jude33084(m): 8:32am On Feb 04, 2016
DesChyko:
While this has its advantages, the cities of the country are bound to problematic and where there are violent persons, it'll take more than a stun gun or unusual machoism to stop them.

That is the time you call for backups, ...officers with the real fire arms wink

1 Like

Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 04, 2016
blackberlin:
Long overdue. . .and I hope they also replace the AK47 guns with pistols as well... So that in case there's a situation that warrants shooting, it would be termed intentional. A policeman in the US cannot reach for his pistol from his belt and point it towards a citizen and then claim the shooting was accidental. But with AK 47 that has to be carried in the hands, accidental discharge is always their excuse for murder.

Bros, you guys keep on comparing Nigeria with the USA. Nigeria can never be like the US. This is naijiria dig it?

1 Like

Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Frank3n2(m): 8:33am On Feb 04, 2016
Nice!! But light go dey to charge am?? Just asking... grin grin
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by jude33084(m): 8:36am On Feb 04, 2016
nairaman66:

If this is coming from the IGP, then Nigerians needs to be wary of the police force!!

In UK if you resist arrest they treat you immediately like a criminal,...a dangerous person and you should know what follows...grin

So don't pick on Nigeria.

South African Police is even worst when it comes to a civilian resisting an arrest.

1 Like

Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by hush15: 8:37am On Feb 04, 2016
slinkky:
It will be a welcome development, and hope it reduces the number of unwarranted deaths of innocent citizens at the hands of trigger happy policemen.

Most welcomed I must say. Atleast, victims will still be alive to recount their ordeal and fight for their rights if been wrongly treated.

He or she that is dead can't say anything to defend theirselves against injustice.

Although naija police or should I say Nigerians generally will abuse it still eventually.

It's in the blood.
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Nobody: 8:38am On Feb 04, 2016
jusRadical:

Bros, you guys keep on comparing Nigeria with the USA. Nigeria can never be like the US. This is naijiria dig it?

So we have to accept negativity and never compare Nigeria to better countries.

When you're praying to God for blessings, who do you compare urself to? Dangote or the street beggar?
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by 6digitscomrade: 8:41am On Feb 04, 2016
I av a stun gun and if u check the instruction manual u will see they wrote dont use on hypertensive people or asthmatic persons ,however i find it kind of comical cuz ,will i ask my attacker if he/she as health issues b4 i save myself?ur guess is as good as mine...to think in nja cuz of hardship and frustration alot of persons are sick and they dont even know they are...police just need proper training and they shud see policing as a sefless service to humanity not the usual i nor get job make i join police mentality..thats why on our roadblocks as it were u hear from them always..!oga/madam rojers us naaa na becuz of una we dey road ooo!
1shortblackboy:
All they need is proper training on human rights and civilty. Cause dem fit come dey shock person anyhow now
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 04, 2016
blackberlin:

When you're praying to God for blessings, who do you compare urself to? Dangote or the street beggar?

I pray for blessings but not to be like that satan's domain called the US, the seducer of the world.

***Spits on the USA****
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by jude33084(m): 8:46am On Feb 04, 2016
blackberlin:

That is why God don't answers most prayers.

Don't pray to God to make you like Bill gate,...he is on this earth for a mission quite different from yours? wink
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by thewatcher2020: 8:50am On Feb 04, 2016
LMFAO... Trust Nigerian Police

Police: Heysss, my friend stop there, stop there, No be you we dey call. *Pulls out Stun Gun* Stuns young man excessively*

Young man: *Screamsssss Yaaaaaaaayiiiiiiiiii* . Oga Police which one be dis one again naaah Shuuuuuuuuu, Na to dey shock people una dey now.

1 Like

Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by SailorXY: 8:50am On Feb 04, 2016
A glorious day for all
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by thewatcher2020: 8:51am On Feb 04, 2016
elvisdaniels:
Lets face it, there’s no better all-around self defense weapon than a gun,i just hope the police officers wont mistake their hand pistol gun for the stun gun.
LMAO.
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Truckpusher(m): 8:53am On Feb 04, 2016
A stun gun in the hands of an ill informed and half educated policemen to police a country well known to have a huge number of lawless citizens is suicidal.

You'd be hearing something like : " before you'll use that stun gun on me , I'll catch you and use it on you first" grin

Nigerians aren't a people you'll treat with a kid's glove especially here where people are ready to confront the army how much more a policeman with a stun gun - Dem go just dey break police head everyday . grin

1 Like

Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by cococandy(f): 8:54am On Feb 04, 2016
So what's their defense against real armed bandits?
What they need is proper training and mental evaluation to prove that they are not trigger happy sadists before hey are armed and let lose in the streets.
That way innocent people don't die and bad guys can be apprehended when they strike.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State / Labaran Maku Spotted At APGA Rally In Anambra / Nnamdi Kanu Sues Kenya Over Extradition To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.