Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,278 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns (19834 Views)

Accidental Discharge In Aso Rock Injures A Female Staff / Buhari Orders IGP To Re-open Bola Ige, Dokubo’s Cases /  No More Accidental Discharge ! Police To Replace Fire Arms With Stun Guns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:54am On Feb 04, 2016
lonelydora:

If any take bribe from you, report him to CRU.

boss explain.
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by LEXYCOM: 8:54am On Feb 04, 2016
If stun guns has ever been used on u, say Hi
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 04, 2016
In cases of armed robbery nko. They will be killed like sitting ducks.
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 04, 2016
China made / sub standard stun guns to be imported to Nigeria...
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by 867Y5309(m): 9:31am On Feb 04, 2016
Clone2020:
They want to introduce 1st world policing into a 3rd world country . Who told them stun guns work on everybody? Right now they cant stop armed ribbers with their guns shey na stun gun dem go use stop armed robbers?

A classic case of misplaced priorities.

stun guns dont work on everyone?
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by MansaMoussa: 9:39am On Feb 04, 2016
jusRadical:

Abeg no fex.

How you know? Dem don use am for your body before? Abi you don....................you know now?

Guy, a trial will convince you. Naija Police never reach to use am...some countries ban am sef.
Has it been used on me before?
*(sighs)....may you never be a victim of torture!
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by MansaMoussa: 9:41am On Feb 04, 2016
Candyrain:

Yea you got a point but that's why there's going to be a monitoring team to watch their activities and punish any erring officer accordingly.
Has the Monitoring Team stopped the use of live ammunition on citizens daily?
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by histemple: 9:42am On Feb 04, 2016
lonelydora:
This Solomon of an IGP is working ooooo. He gave us free tinted permit, he gave us Complaint Response Unit, CRU, etc and now this.

But all these Korofos (OC ROGER) mounting illegal road blocks should not be allowed to use it. They should use baton and cuffs.

Kudos to Solo nwa mama.

Please educate me. Is tinted permit FREE? Because I paid about 9k to get mine.
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Candyrain(m): 9:46am On Feb 04, 2016
MansaMoussa:

Has the Monitoring Team stopped the use of live ammunition on citizens daily?

I don't think the monitoring team is in existence at the moment. It's just going to be setup in line with this new initiative.
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Bigtoto(f): 9:49am On Feb 04, 2016
Hehehe!!! Nice one!
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Abee79(m): 9:56am On Feb 04, 2016
So, with erratic power supply in this country, where will the Police get power to charge the stun guns? grin
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Abee79(m): 10:03am On Feb 04, 2016
I am just imagining a situation where Policemen, armed with stun guns confront deadly dare-devil armed robbers armed with machine guns undecided
#bloodbathunlimited
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by yjgm(m): 10:12am On Feb 04, 2016
lonelydora:
This Solomon of an IGP is working ooooo. He gave us free tinted permit, he gave us Complaint Response Unit, CRU, etc and now this.

But all these Korofos (OC ROGER) mounting illegal road blocks should not be allowed to use it. They should use baton and cuffs.

Kudos to Solo nwa mama.
That the tint permit isn't free my brother. Went to a state force headquarters for tint permit for my 2 cars and friend's car, to my bewilderment, the man in charge told me to drop 4k each coss they buying the cartridges themselves. Can u imagine? Police will always be roger inclined.

1 Like

Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by lonelydora: 10:42am On Feb 04, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

boss explain.

My Oga, Complaint Response Unit is fr reporting misbehaving police officers. If any officers tires to extort you, just secretly have your proof, and report him.

A police officer stopped me and demanded to see what in his term called "Carrier permit", because the Sienna I'm driving have those side railings on top. I told him I'm not the maker of the car, after much, I brought my phone to send to any of the contacts, immediately he saw it, he gave me back my papers. See the pix below. But make sure you are on your right.

Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by lonelydora: 10:43am On Feb 04, 2016
yjgm:

That the tint permit isn't free my brother. Went to a state force headquarters for tint permit for my 2 cars and friend's car, to my bewilderment, the man in charge told me to drop 4k each coss they buying the cartridges themselves. Can u imagine? Police will always be roger inclined.

That means police can never change.
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Mandyjosh: 10:43am On Feb 04, 2016
Wit d use of AK-47,Accidental discharges ar bound 2 continue 2 happen especially wit naija police;Y?...simply cos naija police no get firing drilling @ all.only naija police will cork their rifles down on 'excuse' that it help dem 2 thwart against any possible emergence attack again dem.i ve, as much, thought of d use of pistols,as a better alternative replacement for AK-47,as dis wil discourage our indiscipline naija police from shotin unarmed citizens any how.anyway, d new development of police chief to introduce stun gun,it is a welcom option.God helps u nigeria.[b]Wit d use of AK-47,Accidental discharges ar bound 2 continue 2 happen especially wit naija police;Y?...simply cos naija police no get firing drilling @ all.only naija police will cork their rifles down on 'excuse' that it help dem 2 thwart against any possible emergence attack again dem.i ve, as much, thought of d use of pistols,as a better alternative replacement for AK-47,as dis wil discourage our indiscipline naija police from shotin unarmed citizens any how.anyway, d new development of police chief to introduce stun gun,it is a welcom option.God helps u nigeria.[/b]Wit d use of AK-47,Accidental discharges ar bound 2 continue 2 happen especially wit naija police;Y?...simply cos naija police no get firing drilling @ all.only naija police will cork their rifles down on 'excuse' that it help dem 2 thwart against any possible emergence attack again dem.i ve, as much, thought of d use of pistols,as a better alternative replacement for AK-47,as dis wil discourage our indiscipline naija police from shotin unarmed citizens any how.anyway, d new development of police chief to introduce stun gun,it is a welcom option.God helps u nigeria.
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by lonelydora: 10:45am On Feb 04, 2016
histemple:

Please educate me. Is tinted permit FREE? Because I paid about 9k to get mine.

Did you do the online registration for tint?
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by HomeOfMe(f): 10:47am On Feb 04, 2016
9jaclicktivist:

IGP Solomon Arase
The Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase has revealed that there are plans to introduce the use of stun guns for officers, who are on assignment in within the city.
The IGP, who made the revelation at the commissioners’ of police conference held yesterday in Abuja, said with the use of stun guns, cases of accidental discharge and deaths would be reduced. He said persons, who resist arrest and behave violently can be shot at without grievious bodily harm.
The IGP explained that in order to improve the conduct of police officers in this new year, monitoring teams have been put in place to watch over and report errant officers for the required punishment to be meted.
The conference, the IGP noted was meant to help the police evaluate the national patterns of crime with a view to fashioning pathways that will guide policy activities in 2016 by drawing on lessons from the previous year that can enhance the operational capabilities in the 2016 policing year.
Issues that dominated discussions at the meeting included the rate of kidnappings nationwide, deployment of personnel in areas liberated from insurgents the northeast, cattle rustling, armed robbery and other highly organised crimes.
The IGP, however, reiterated police commitment towards adapting to the changing situations across the country.
“As strategic police managers, the task of assuring the safety of citizens of this great nation is not only sacred, it is one that we must consistently dedicate ourselves to in the passionate and optimal manner.
“In the increasingly complex global space, where policing is now driven by citizens’ consent, intelligence and technology, we can no longer afford to stay dormant.’’

http://telltimes..com/2016/02/accidental-discharge-igp-to-introduce.html
They should've just kept this a secret within themselves;it's not every information they release to the public.

2 Likes

Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Sparkle777(f): 11:14am On Feb 04, 2016
kekakuz:
[size=20pt] God saved my life on Tuesday when the police man attached to my office accidentally discharged a bullet 10m away from me.
I asked him afterward what happened and he swore it was an accident and he can't really explain [/size]

Ur village ppl at work.
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Sparkle777(f): 11:17am On Feb 04, 2016
Candyrain:

Hahahahaha... But he should be ready to get his ass kicked by the monitoring team when caught.

Monitoring team will never have enough fuel to go for monitoring. Besides,stun gun are recharged wt electricity, meaning no one can tell how many times its been used.
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by alaskido(m): 11:31am On Feb 04, 2016
IGP congrats for this new innovation. Please ensure you do not give the officers on road blocks or check points collecting roger (N100 - N200) from motorists because you will record the highest of electrocution on our roads from failure of drivers to comply with roger.
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by cardoctor(m): 12:00pm On Feb 04, 2016
New opportunity for some mega billion dollar contract.
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by ogaprime(m): 12:33pm On Feb 04, 2016
jusRadical:

E better them rust finish than say them dey shine come dey come shoot when them no send am (discharge accidentally though intentionally).

Loool....for me, Nigeria should just go and copy america's system of police and not fashion and life style
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by grandhacke(m): 2:26pm On Feb 04, 2016
Nobally:
Dem wan electrocute people to their death .
It may end up been accidental electricution

And Naija Police be like, shebi you no go die I go electrocute you

That will turn turturing instrument
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 04, 2016
jude33084:

That is why God don't answers most prayers.

Don't pray to God to make you like Bill gate,...he is on this earth for a mission quite different from yours? wink

Prophet. . . clap for yourself
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 04, 2016
jusRadical:

I pray for blessings but not to be like that satan's domain called the US, the seducer of the world.

***Spits on the USA****

If the USA is satan's domain, then Nigeria is the lake of fire. . . trust me. . . That great country has produced the best minds and innovations, the best christians and muslims ever. . .

You're sitting there typing yama yama!

***USA spits on you***
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Nobally: 3:50pm On Feb 04, 2016
og2711:

Use Google first before commenting ignorantly
Use Google to do what exactly...must u be rude? This is a public forum aand am entitled to my comment if u don't like it u take a walk...
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 04, 2016
blackberlin:

If the USA is satan's domain, then Nigeria is the lake of fire. . . trust me. . . That great country has produced the best minds and innovations, the best christians and muslims ever. . .

You're sitting there typing yama yama!

***USA spits on you***

I understand how best muslims are (suicide bombing, sharia, etc) but please how do you measure best christians. USA spits on me? Cool. I like that. I would have been bothered if the USA applauds me.

Rubbish, demonic, and satanic USA.
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by gemale(m): 4:46pm On Feb 04, 2016
Hallelujah!! Finally our minds can rest small. Abeg make dem implement am sharp sharp. I'm tired of D high BP I usually get any tym I sight an armed policemen. #disarmroadsidepolice is steadily bcomn a reality.
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by gemale(m): 4:52pm On Feb 04, 2016
gcode123:
In cases of armed robbery nko. They will be killed like sitting ducks.
Dey shld call 4 support 4rm d nearest police station around dem.
Re: Accidental Discharge: IGP To Introduce Use Of Stun Guns by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 04, 2016
Nobally:

Use Google to do what exactly...must u be rude? This is a public forum aand am entitled to my comment if u don't like it u take a walk...

Google to see if anyone has been electrocuted by stun guns.

I have not stopped you from expressing you opinion, I've only expressed mine that yours is grossly ignorant. Abi am I not entitled to on a public forum?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

RE-IPOB Names Jonathan Kurubo As Leader, Lists Soyinka, Gana For Talks With FG / Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State / Minimum Wage: Details Of Lawan, NLC Meeting Over Nationwide Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.